...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to JackPoint...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer.
>Last Viewed Files:
>Memorial.Sad
>DND54thEditionNWhyHorizonSoldOut.pdf
>HowToRobStufferShack.trid

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 694 (34% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message: "Sorry about Chopenstein, he was a good kid."
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running FindingAnarchyCarStats.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Memorial Edition, did anyone die on a run that you didn't want to? Were they people you actually cared about or were you just concerned you weren't getting paid?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/BVDx8u8X
piratebay.co.in/torrent/15928620/Shadowrun_5E_Datasteal_Anarchy_(Narrative_Focused_Setting)
a.desu.sh/zwgadj.chum5
pavao.org/Simsense-v01.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

tl;dr >The retailers hated all our other ideas so we threw out whatever we had available and they liked this one better

At least it's nicer art than Rigger 5 or Data Trails got.
I designed it to explicitly crash only for people that don't report shit. When is it crashing? Is it a repeatable event? Character files are only touched on save and load, so there shouldn't be any corruption as a general course of usage. If you can get in to the Optios menu and enable Debug Logging, what errors are at the end of the file?

When I load one of my character files, all of its attribute points are unspent (which is not how I left them). When I try to add the points back, the moment I click to up an attribute's base score chummer crashes.

It is repeatable

That's... interesting. Upload the file for me?

Here are some of the Warrior like gangs I made for a shadowrun game that never came to being. The game was supposed to be a huge 80s sendup with pop music terrorist cells and a whole bundle of in-jokes. I'll be frank, some of these are autistic but I thought you guys might get a kick out of them.

Gangland Warriors Cyberpunk gang ideas

The Richards
Quote: "Grown ass man game. Grown ass man rules."
Style: Logic and reason trump emotion. Fund and train smaller gangs like Al-Qaeda.
Preferred weapon: Assault rifles.
Leader: Johnny Walker. Cock-deisel motherfucker who don't take shit from anybody, but will help you out every step of the way.

The Woad Warriors
Quote: "Some motherfuckers always trying to iceskate uphill."
Style: Vicious brutality. Known to pierce the sternums of their victims as their calling card.
Preferred weapon: Swords and shields.
Leaders: Targe and Dirk. A brother and sister team, they've never been defeated in melee combat.

The Borgs
Quote: "One of us. One of us."
Style: Heavily cybered street gang. No one knows if their "collective" is an act or not.
Preferred weapon: Laser rifles, plasma cannons.
Leader: Unknown. The Borgs operate seemingly autonomously, without any leadership structure at all.

The Cousins
Quote: "One for us, and all for us."
Style: Richest gang around. They almost never get their hands dirty, which makes it hard to hold onto territory.
Preferred weapon: Money.
Leader: Richard S. Moneybags Jr. A sick, twisted individual who operates the Cousins solely to pay for his torture chambers and brides.

The Eldrazi
Quote: "Never forget who owns this planet."
Style: Elven eco-terrorists. They seek to return the earth to an era before corporations.
Preferred weapon: Bows, fire and magic
Leader: Autie Greenleaf. An elf who claims to be 740 years old, she despises humans after they burned her forest in Siberia.

The Stingrays
Quote: "First, do no harm. Still, do know harm."
Style: Doctors, medics, and bystanders. They come and go through territory to help and heal, gathering favors along the way.
Preferred weapon: Small holdout pistols.
Leader: Doc Haymond. A former spec-ops medic who went through an existential crisis, he now is trying his best to help people any way he can.

The 'Ard Boyz
Quote: "Let's get lootin'!"
Style: Masters of chaos. If you need something burt, blown up, or bludgeoned to death, they're your boys boyz.
Preferred weapon: Loud shotguns and heavy pistols.
Leader: Gorshock Treeskull. Son of Gorshock Twoskull, the orc inherited the position from his brother after he krumped him at his father's wake.

The Physics
Quote: "Our chicks bad, your chick's good."
Style: Pimps. If you need ass in Neo-New York, it's gotta go through them or the Sisters.
Preferred weapon: Flashy gold and chrome weaponry.
Leader: Big Daddy. A slimy dwarf with a passion for genetically "enhancing" his girls to ludicrous levels.

The Sisters
Quote: "Make money in your sleep."
Style: Hoes. A completely female run gang, they take prostitutes and turn them into vicious gang members.
Preferred weapon: Holdout pistols, knives and sex.
Leader: Sister Rosemary. A former nun who realized her skills could be put to better use, she makes sure that no one causes problems for her girls.

>* Running FindingAnarchyCarStats.BTL...

But that's not sexual.

unless we have to fug them out of the writers

The Holograms
Quote: "Truly, truly outrageous."
Style: Excitement, adventure. Made of mostly teenage girls, they try to do good and help disenfranchised youth through glamor and glitz.
Preferred weapon: None. Well, kindness if you want to count that.
Leader: Jem and The Holograms. Although the band doesn't take an active role in running the gang, their followers hang on their every word. Most of the leadership is left to local "groupies" who coordinate with their friends.

The Misfits
Quote: "Ours are stronger songs."
Style: Brainwashing, terrorist tactics. A brutal organization that stands as a stark contrast to the Holograms, they bring in young women by kidnapping and brainwash them into being the perfect killing machines.
Preferred weapon: Heavy explosives, military hardware and intimidation.
Leader: Karla Fritz. The leader of The Misfits stage group, she makes it no secret that she sends out subliminal messages through her music to her legions of brainwashed followers.

The Otakuza
Quote: "Watashi no Nippon-u."
Style: Anime freaks. Despite being three generations removed from their Yakuza ancestry, they still use their standard tactics of racketeering, gun running and smuggling to turn a profit.
Preferred weapon: Katana. No, seriously.
Leader: Watashi Konoha. A former otaku who was forced into business by his father, he ended up getting huge and now runs a crime empire, carving out his rule in Neo-New York bit by bloody bit.

That's all I got. I'd love to hear if you guys have any feedback! Maybe we could even think up some new gangs ourselves.

It's /moralfag monday/ motherfuckers! What you

>hooding
>saving
>protecting
>teaching

this week, chummers? I just rescued an ork girl from a gang of halloweeners and turned away payment from her parents, what about you faggots?

>The Borg
>Preferred weapon: Laser rifles, plasma cannons.

Holy shit. Are they being funded by a corp? Laser weapons are hard as fuck to get and maintain, and even Firewatch doesn't use plasma.

I let this really adorable runner couple live. And also their dwarf, he got to survive too.
Also, we're going on a suicide mission to slay a dragon that might awaken in the next few weeks.

>The dark future of the 21st century
>Being a moralfag
Get a load of this loser

perhaps they knocked over a truck full of lasers and have a collection of savvy riggers to keep that shit running. carefully limiting gang size and stealing back all weapons that get confiscated so everyone gets a laser.

Run idea- go replace all their power packs with ones that have the explosive mod in secret, then trigger them all at once to destroy the tech before it gets collected and studied by a rival corp.

pastebin.com/BVDx8u8X

so guys, do your parties store your weapons after every run?

did ya'll keep the manuals and carry cases?

do you keep "armories" where all the big equipment is carefully and neatly stored??

does the sight of a well stocked and well organized armory give you a tech-boner?(or just a regular boner?)

or is that only in the heart of your riggers?

call that mission "tech support"

but how will you distract a hundred well armed gangers?

>armory stuff
cause it's MY magical realm I will now post my collection of "arsenal management solutions"

Hey Guys, i need your help.

Some time ago, one semi-official guy from CGL (or was it a former one?) posted a Hack for Shadowrun 5 that made it a bit more narrative driven and rules-lighter than its current iteration, but not as far as Anarchy. He also posted this on Dumpshock.

However, i can't find the PDF on my Drive and searching through the forums is tiresome.

Do any of you guys have some pointers to the file, or maybe an Idea who the author was? If you have it, uploading it sompelace would also be nice.

>Not just leaving your guns laying around your apartment
Step up

>implying that's not the perfect time to be Kenshiro, when everything in the world is dark and brooding

Get a load of this guy. I bet your character doesn't even go to church on sundays or take the underaged kid runners out for pizza on their birthdays.

thats how I do it IRL, but I prefer the ideal of a rigger with neat compartments for everything perhaps orange tape outlines around tools and shit...

being well-organized is like, classy and shit

>but how will you distract a hundred well armed gangers?

Bring in the dancing girls!

then again, I DO keep my guns around the house IN their cases, unloaded but with ammo at hand. I don't have kids so I can still get away with that.

not 100%, especially if some of the armory guards are straight women.

If they don't like the girls, they will like the dancing. It's foolproof.

assuming I ever got to play this magical game, I'd make characters with backup kits(at least assuming they could afford it after char-gen). basic armor and weapons in case of safe-location burns...

>party face engages in a Pants-Off Dance-Off with the gangers hottest bitches
>hell yeah

a pleasant combination of storage and utility

this is called by some a "South Texas Golf Bag"

I understand the reason for the orange, but as soon as I saw that all I could think was Nerf Shotgun.

Namefag, if you're going to be spamming the thread with gearqueer, could you at least make it futuristic and/or DIY punk stuff that might actually be in SR?

Go back to your saturday morning cartoon world, you silly man

it's hard to find sci-fi gear-queer stuff

Can you at least post future stuff that doesn't look like garbage?

that is of course the other problem with gear-queering in my sci-fi

I like impractical sci-fi concept art. If it would never make it off an artist's sketchboard, I'm all about it.

Absolutely disgusting.

>working with underage

Who do I look like, Kane? You must be this tall to work with me in international terrorism.

You know it.

>Someone actually saved my grimderk screencap
Funky

Anyone got the PDF of Shadowrun Anarchy?

Well, my campaign was taking place in 2084, about a decade after the book's setting. I really like the idea of a non-centralized gang leadership. I'm suprised there aren't more gangs like this in the SR universe, it seems like it would be simple enough to do even given the baseline technology.

Not all BTLs are sexual, sometimes you just want to feel smart omae.

But the /srg/ OP BTL is always lewd, usually in a ridiculous manner. especially SpinradBestFriend.BTL

Sometimes you just want to be someone else.

Sometimes you just want to be somewhere better.

BTLs, at the end of the day, are about too-perfect escapist fantasies.

Don't lie - you know you'd be a chiphead too.

Dude Cyberware is expensive. Using cutting edge technology and being mostly robots imply they have some seriously over funding. This is like a level 20 prostitute .

Well I wanted my btl to be special snowflakey.

What, no Ponyboys?
>formerly community college mages
>lots of Horse followers but they emphasize the herd over freedom
>adepts do most of the hands-on work
>mages are ritual-focused, can target nearly anyone for the right price
>basically a frat with tea parties where someone dies

Does Shadowrun have any kind of force of will mechanic for mages? Where two mages lock eyes, and play astral tug of war until one of them loses and passes out or something. Two dudes just hurling stunbolts at each other doesn't really cut it for me - I'm hoping for something that any mage can participate in (or be pulled into) regardless of spell loadout, for better or worse.

>Well I wanted my btl to be special snowflakey.

Find the beauty in the borders, user. Use the restrictions as a foundation for the comedy.

Sorry, no. Go be Dresden somewhere else.

Astral Combat, but only if both are perceiving/projecting.

Astral Combat is kind of that, but your body goes limp and useless while you're doing that, and you can't force someone into it, so they'll be roasting your corpse rather than engaging you. I'd actually like if there were a mechanic for what you're describing, but it doesn't exist in Shadowrun.

Technically if you dose them with Deepweed they'll be forced into Perception, ergo dual-natured.

>dose them with Deepweed
I don't think that's quite what the chummer was talking about, omae.

Almost calls for a house rule, so that two astrally perceiving or dual natured opponents can use Astral Combat + Willpower to attack each other.

>I'm hoping for something that any mage can participate in (or be pulled into) regardless of spell loadout, for better or worse.

It's called guns. They dont show up much in the setting but when they do, hoo boy.

Here, I wrote some rules for you:

>Battle of Wills

>When two characters capable of Astral Perception, be the magicians, adepts, spirits, or even ghouls make eye contact with each other, they can choose to enter a Battle of Wills. If either party is unwilling to enter a Battle of Wills, they can roll Intuition + Willpower [Astral] against the attacker's Charisma + Logic [Astral]. If the attacker wins the opposed test, the Battle of Wills is entered normally; if the defender wins, then no Battle of Wills is started.

>Once in a Battle of Wills, the characters are locked into astrally perceiving and can make non-physical Astral Combat attacks against each other using the dice pools and damage values listed on the Astral Damage Table, found on page 315 of the core rulebook. Unlike normal astral combat, neither party needs to astrally project and their astral attacks can be made normally at any distance so long as line of sight is maintained.

>A Battle of Wills normally ends when one of the participants receives enough damage to be rendered incapacitated. A character can choose to yield a Battle of Wills, however. As a complex action on the character's initiative pass, or as an Initiative -10 Interrupt action, the character can leave the Battle of Wills without a roll, though doing so grants the attacker one free parting attack as the Battle of Wills ends, resisted as normal by the defender.

There you go, psychic staredown. A mage can force a resisting party into a battle of wills, they trade psychic blows at a line of sight while still having some control over their bodies, though the normal loss of coordination from astral perception. You have a method of escape too, though one that will probably leave you scathed as the loser. Probably usually a worse option than just shooting someone with a gun, but also neato, and in-theme, and definitely less shit than direct damage spells.

Well, I'll be damned. That'd even let a mage do some 'stared into the abyss and the abyss stared back' shit when stumbling across astral baddies while scoping shit with their wizard eyes.

I'd specify that a Battle of Wills always uses Unarmed Astral Damage since you're not projecting to meet someone with an astral Weapon Focus, and that you use Astral Initiative only if you're projecting out of your body when in the Battle of Wills.

Aside from that, it looks pretty solid.

Do boats have gridlink? I'm going to buy a little boat for the team and I want to know if I have to get it a gridlink override or not.

The Grid is usually built into roadways, but I don't see why the navigation components couldn't be used near the shore via secure buoy drones.

Has anyone read up Anarchy?
I haven't been as happy with a Shadowrun rulebook since ever. The matrix rules were pretty much the house rules I used, but way more flexible and allows for Deckers to create and purchase with Karma their own custom programs and shit.

Lots of people happy with it, besides stuff like vehlicles having no stats but stats still being referenced.

>Do boats have gridlink?
Nothing has Gridlink unless you spend two mod points on buying Gridlink. It's a standard upgrade at most dealers, but it's not standard in the stat blocks presented to us in-game.

You only need Gridlink Override if you want to have your cake and eat it too with a gridlinked car.

The vehicle problem is the only problem I have with it, even the Drones not having their armor listing is ok because I can just use the armor of the drone equivalent they have on the enemy stats until they "patch" it in.

I feel retarded, but when it comes to the 'improved potential' adept power, does it mean that I can only buy it once for physical limit and that's it, or does it mean I can only raise the potential again after I get a mental and social increase too?

How the fuck do runners deal with a national SIN? Faking your death+ favors from some people high up the underworld chain to make it disappear? Having a contact in KE that covers for any case you appear in by just blaming joe the hobo?

>How the fuck do runners deal with a national SIN?
Deal in what way? Getting it erased? Getting it ignored? What's the actual question here?

I dont know but there are several runners who have them.

If it was seriously unworkable then it wont show up edition after edition. Though not sure why corp born is worth so much. Will people hate you THAT much?

Well I guess both. How would you get it deleted and how would you get it ignored until it was deleted. I assume having someone erase your SIN would take a while.

Try this link.

piratebay.co.in/torrent/15928620/Shadowrun_5E_Datasteal_Anarchy_(Narrative_Focused_Setting)

>How would you get it deleted
Well, getting a SIN deleted is the sort of thing too big for any one person to do. You pay an organized crime group - a big one - a lot of money to make it go away. Then they make the right bribes, the right threats, and the right hacks to erase you. Erase your purchase history. Erase your education. Erase your employment. Erase your medical records. Erase you from every government database. It's a motherfucker of a thing, but any of the big organized crime groups can get it done on your behalf.

>how would you get it ignored until it was deleted
Don't broadcast it when you're doing anything illegal. Pay the cops a bribe if it looks like anything might trace back to you. The system is corrupt and it's seriously not that big of a deal. If a big problem comes up, that's what Contacts are for - you have your Fixer, or your mafia contact, or whatever pull some strings and have any evidence against you mysteriously displaced.

National SINs really aren't that big of a problem - that's why they're only worth 5 Karma.

>ell, getting a SIN deleted is the sort of thing too big for any one person to do.
You say that, but there's a quality about having one guy doing it

Alright well I have one last question. Say in your characters backstory he was betrayed and meant to die, but didnt, but they all thought he did. Would have still have his national SIN? I figure he wouldnt pay taxes anymore but the other downsides, being in the system etc, would still apply right?

You list your occupation as 'Private Security Consultant', 'Penetration Testing Expert', 'Wizard for Hire' or something to that effect, file your taxes as self employed, pay a resonable amount of them, and don't broadcast your SIN while commuting crimes.

>You say that, but there's a quality about having one guy doing it
Are you talking about Erased? Because that's another thing entirely. That's just having new pieces of data deleted as they crop up, and it requires you to already be living a Lifestyle low enough to be considered 'off the grid.'

Having an existing SIN and the life that goes with it deleted to the point that you no longer count as having a SIN - that's far, far too big for any one actor to handle. You have to hand that task off to someone who has organizational support.

No, you wouldn't really count as being a SINner anymore. SINs aren't really some 'a camera looks at someone's face and immediately identifies their identity' kind of thing. Once you're flagged as dead, the SIN is burned and you either need to file some paperwork to get it reinstated or need to go get a fake one.

The low-rating fake SINs, by the way, are just SINs of dead people who didn't get officially listed as deceased.

A SIN is just a social security number and the trail of data and meta-data that's associated with it.

He would still have a SIN and his SIN would say he's dead, which is like a big red flag with fireworks going off. I'd say it'd be better played as a Criminal SIN, since it will carry none of the living SIN benefits. (Your crime: being dead. And if it turns out you are alive, tax evasion.)

>No, you wouldn't really count as being a SINner anymore.

Well fuck me I was worried for nothing then.

>DND54thEditionNWhyHorizonSoldOut.pdf
It's little things like this that keeps me coming back.

a.desu.sh/zwgadj.chum5
Well, I can see why it crashed. I have no idea how you managed to generate a Limit Modifier linked to Med Kit, but that's what was causing your problems. Sidenote, I need to redo limit modifiers to support specific skills.
This it? pavao.org/Simsense-v01.pdf

Oppai loli gnome represented by Adiposis

I try.

I played a Sam named crater who pretty much worshipped firepower, he obsessively cleaned and named each gun and he looted and dechipped a gun each run.

Not to USE or sell mind you, just to HAVE. A cherished moment of history where his existence was solidified in the holy light of fired muzzles and his name cemented into the Annals of Lead through the blood stained concrete he left his foes to rot in.

...He didn't happen to worship at the Death Cube?

Jesus this sounds terrible. 3-5 hits for what I'd call a glitch? The fuck? Have I been doing this wrong?

It's NARRATIVE :D

>pavao.org/Simsense-v01.pdf
My god. It's not even a game, it's just a collaborative writing project with vague rules at that point...

I'm not much of a game-ist when it comes to systems, but I always felt there was a distinction between collaborative novel writing and RPGs.

Sure, but in most cases you'd fall back on partial success. You shot the security guard, but he didn't go down and is reaching for the walkie-talkie strapped to his shoulder! You dodged away from the ful-auto burst, but couldn't get your smartgun free from the tangled holster strap in time to return fire!

Keep in mind that a single roll represents BOTH sides involved in the action.
Moral of the story, anything that bills itself as gamist, narrativist or simulationist is drek.

>Moral of the story, anything that bills itself as gamist, narrativist or simulationist is drek.
That's probably true