Sisters of Battle

Do we have any news on them? I know that forge world is adjusting some of their stuff right now but that is all.Anything at all planned for them. Also art dump

What are you talking about, user?
FW is doing the Sisters of Silence, which are a 30k thing.

Sisters of Battle are slated to be squatted Q2 2017.

please source, I will need to see it to let my hope die

Be Not Afraid, good citizen. In the Grim Darkness of the Far Future, there is a ray of hope.

I haven't bought a GW army, 40k or Fantasy, for over a decade. The last time I routinely used them was way back when they were a part of Codex: Witch Hunters.

A plastic line of bolter bitches would have me refinancing my home. Happily.

>I know that forge world is adjusting some of their stuff right now but that is all
This is news to me.

That's... actually pretty hot.

That's fucking cool

>hot asian girls in boobplate
>one of them is licking her lips
>that's pretty hot

Well no shit man it's supposed to be hot

>Sisters of Battle are slated to be squatted Q2 2017.

Source?

Definitely gotta start squatting perfectly good 40k factions to make room for more HH shit and further misunderstand how to actually fix Warhammer.

>SoB faction
>perfectly good

Mate, the SoB haven't been updated in more than 20 years, iirc. I'd believe it if I were told they were being squatted.

>Glorious angel winged bitties
>Not best faction

At the very least they better stay around as super elite yet rare Inquisitorial or Ecclesiarchal bodyguards. They can scrap everything else if they want to, I just want nuns with guns.

Can confirm. Have a mate who's the cousin of someone fairly high up in Nottingham who said the same thing. You'll get a free rules download for 8th though.

It's true, my uncle works at Nintendo!

Maybe he knows my dad at Nintendo

Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised if they went the way of Bretonia for AoE/8th. That's why I'm glad I have roughly 2000 points, give or take. I need more immolators, though. I have 5 and 2 exorcists,, it you'd be amazed at how few that can feel.

I meant rules/model wise, not fluff wise. I was assuming you meant "SoB are perfectly fine as an army why would they squat them" when right now they're barely above Militarum Tempestus level.

Honestly, the problem isn't the sisters themselves; it's the shitstorm of 7th edition codexes, supplements, and free shit everyone is getting. We're left in the dust. What does it say about the state of the game when a 145pt troop in a MM Razorback with 2 meltas inside doesn't cut it?

Just throw random SoB units into formations and give them bonuses like Fearless or Torrent or double melta range.

I think formations were a huge fucking mistake, actually. I hope they have at least a points cost stapled to them like AoS when 8th hits.

I'm also still salty about how they took away out faith Rending and gave it to all the fucking eldar's basic weapons. The worst part is that the rest of their shit is so OP they don't even use it.

>"Haha you want unique USRs? Too bad, we're removing them to streamline 7th edition!"
>gives a bunch of new ones to Eldar
>"You don't like Mat Ward? Haha, fuck you, Eldar get Bladestorm and Battle Focus!"
>"Challenge wounds now spill over to the rest of the squad? Haha, fuck you, Eldar sergeants get two wounds!"
>"Haha, Battle Focus is overpowered? Fuck you, Corsairs can do it twice and Warp Spiders now teleport as many times as they want a turn!"

>I hope they have at least a points cost stapled to them like AoS when 8th hits.
SO FUCKING THIS

As with 40k, AoS has some formations that seem like they are barely worth it, to ones that would make you wonder why anyone wouldn't take them. But what makes it work in AoS, is those barely worth it ones are dirt cheap in points, and the really really good ones have a price that makes you question whether or not it's worth taking over the additional dudes you could use those points to buy. THATS how formations should be.

Formations seem like ways to force synergies that previously had to be derived or interpreted from the rules. They are also, quite often, very OP.

But let's be honest. If you're playing Sisters, you're not playing to win.

I just want something better with faith. Why the shit do we have to roll leadership ONCE PER GAME for a relatively minor effect THAT DOESN'T EVEN LAST THE WHOLE TURN? Why can't Battle Sisters just have Preferred Enemy standard and have their faith boost to reroll hit and wound instead? Shit like that. It needs to make an impact, and the only one who does are Dominions, who are forced to take 4 meltas or waste their AoF on 4 flamers, or Seraphim. Arguably, Seras make more consistent use out of theirs.

That's how it should be. It should be an option, not 400 free points.

I used to at least be able to win, though. In 5th edition, I considered myself a really good. I placed 7th out of 64 in a semi-local tournament and beat Grey Knights round 3.

Now? I get podded on by Grav Centurions or drowned in scat lasers or some shit.

What about 4th Ed faith rules? Just... copy and paste them wholesale?

Do you think these are too silly as "counts-as" Seraphim?

I mean... they might wear grav-boots. And force field rosary... bikinis...

man, at least proxy with a unit with wings or some kind of jet pack

I'm a huge Eldarfag, and even I think it's bullshit. I also have always had a soft spot for Sororitas (the only thing stopping me from playing them as a side army is that I'm spoiled by newer models), so us getting something you had, but better makes me feel guilty. My hat goes off to any man who still plays Sisters despite all the shit they've had thrown against them for years.

That's what I mean. Clean up the wording a little, but otherwise have them do the same thing.

Start with 1 FP for each faithful unit
+1 for Canoness and Celestine
Spend a FP at the beginning of the turn for each AoF
Roll over/under squad size for pass/fail

I love the army, but it's rough.

I agree with It's not like they don't have a couple different options for blatant seraphim copies

NEVER

That would be sensible. And if we're building an army of battle-nuns, clearly we've passed sensible along time ago.

I never really liked the under/over squad size thing. It didn't scale well with some tactics. It didn't work at all in Kill Team. And while it's cool to have the survivor of a massacred squad get more faithful, they never seem to be in the right position to make it actually work.

It's pretty much the opposite of the 4E Dark Eldar Pain Points thing. And that's sad.

I liked that the larger squads were better at killing and the smaller squads were better at surviving. Seraphim of course could do both because they rolled 3 and picked the ones they wanted.

Like I said before, if we have to roll, it should be a big deal.

I do like the ideas of /proper/ miracles. Like "Spend 3 fate points and pass a test. This unit can't take wounds this turn." or "This unit gains Fear".

Old Testament shit. Not "reroll to wound with your pistols for a shooting phase".

Fury of the Emperor
Spend x faith points
One faithful unit ignores armor saves with shooting and melee attacks this turn.

Divine Guidance
Spend x faith points
One faithful unit gains ignore cover, twin linked, fleshbane, and Armorbane for the turn

Spirit of the Martyr
Spend x Faith points
Choose one faithful unit. If any model from that unit were to die this turn, they are not removed from the table. They may act normally for the remainder of the turn. At the end of the turn, the unit suffers a number of wounds equal to the number of models that "died" with no saves allowed except for the models Shield of Faith.

Martyrdom
When a faithful unit is completely destroyed, gain one faith point. In addition, if a faithful warlord is slain, all faithful units get preferred enemy, rage, and +1 to their shield of Faith.

While we're talking of Sisters, what of the other powers the Ecclesiarchy can call on? What of arco-flagellants, of mobs, of chrono-gladiators, blind cherubs, and mad prophets?

If they changed SoB into Armies of the Imperium: Ecclesiarchy, they could really make it into a major faction. They could easily do it, just look at the cherubs they put in all the marine kits and how they did Skitarii/AdMech.

It would also fulfill the currently missing niche of 40k equivalent to Sigmar priests.

I think imperial cultists would be a good start. Literally just a bunch of fanatics following a sisters crusade into the maws of hell.

Fanatics are great. I'm working on some homebrew rules for the swarm of servo-skulls that billows around my Canoness-elect.

Seraphim is another name for the Sisters of Battle? Or something else entirely?

It's the name of their jump pack infantry.

>2016
>neckbeard whale-fanbase

>People still think GW will go an Imperator furiosa FEMINAZI army
>that a NECKBEARD FANBASE WILL BUY

Hentai cost $5 and you can literraly jerk on them, skyrim cost $3 and you can model any fetish.
Nobody will put $5000 for a feminazi army

It's their jump pack assault unit.

>Hentai cost $5 and you can literraly jerk on them, skyrim cost $3 and you can model any fetish.

You're wrong, I get both those things for free. AND HOW DID YOU KNOW I JERK OFF TO TONS OF HENTAI AND HAVE TONS OF HUGE TIT MODS ON SKYRIM?!

what are you jabbering about user?

TGG1 Kickstarter: $698,548 pledged of $12,000 goal
TGG2 Kickstarter: $801,057 pledged of $30,000 goal
Kingdom Death Kickstarter: $2,049,721 pledged of $35,000 goal

People will apparently thrown money at all kinds of things. Of course, GW doesn't do market research, so they wouldn't know...

I'm making the mother of all omelettes here, can't fret over a few eggs.

>shitty, overwrought bait

[YAWNING INTENSIFIES]

To be honest the best way to save the SoB is to go full SJW and complain that they're the only faction adding gender diversity to the game (apart from a few Eldar/DE models).

We are an easily baited bunch, aren't we? Fuck.

I was going to say GW could never match RH or KD for hot babes but then I remembered their sexy elven queen of thighs bitch on battle beetle model.

I'd kill for plastic sisters but during the wait I keep expanding my all female Tempestus Scions force.

I don't really think it's B8 M8. All he's saying is they won't make SoB 'le current year' because their fan base will not be receptive to that.

All GW care about is money, pissing off SJW in theory should not really damage them financially.

Yep, it's like.... GW, let us buy your molds for you. We'll pay extra for plastic SOB. You could Kickstart the shit out of this.

A Space Marine Strikeforce currently runs what, $250? I'd kick in $300 for a similarly-sized SOB set. Give us a Canoness, Command Squad with a Priest, a Rhino, an Immolator, and 20 Sisters and 5 Seraphim.

>The only beta neckbeards that want feminazi already bought all the mini they wanted on kickstarter

>GW will make millions buy developing completely new army

Choose one

>If they changed SoB into Armies of the Imperium: Ecclesiarchy, they could really make it into a major faction.
B...but aren't they Ecclesiarchy the army?

That's like saying space marines are Imperium: the army, or GK are Inquisition: the army.

The problem with SoB is the models.

If there was a Codex Imperialis : Ecclesiarchy, with dudes like pic related, it would be huge.

But can Ecclesiarchy have armies of guys?

You want to know a funny thing about the models from this kickstarter?

Most models, you need to drill out gun barrels. On these, you need to drill out the stiletto heels.

What if the Imperium doesn't consider eunechs and combat servitors men? They could also have some non-male support units that aren't just more SoB in power armor.

Also didn't Codex: WH have stormtroopers in them?

>Also didn't Codex: WH have stormtroopers in them?
I don't know I'm asking because I don't have any idea about how Sororitas works.

right unlike the priests in the current codex or the assassins or to the archoflagalents or the repentia or the crusaders

inquisitorial stormtroopers were a thing

Nope, the Decree Passive prevents the Ecclisiarchy from having men under arms. So they exploit a loophole by having only women in their militant arm.

Though while the standing army is composed of only women, there are Priests and some others that don't fall inside the organization of the church military but still participates in combat.

if it was just about the rules or derpy models the tyranids would have already been squatted

something like the skitarii battle protocole ?

>all female Tempestus Scions force
Are you just sticking female heads on your minis or are there female Not! Tempestus minis somewhere?

>SororitaWetDreams.png

There's a new deal for a SM box.

Arco-Flagellants and Penitent Engines are 'punishments' not weapons of war.
Crimson Cardinals are an order who use combat practice as meditation.
Bodyguards are not military.
Servitors are not military.
Frateris Militia are not part of the Church. The Church is just providing charity to them and they are just random men and women who have taken to defend the Church they know and love.
Blood Cult Assassins are seen in the same light as Fanatics, rogue elements unaffiliated with the Church.

Sometimes these elements come under scrutiny, mostly militia and fanatics, depending on how direct a connection can be drawn, but I would imagine defending the letter of the Decree Passive now days is pretty much nothing but lip service with the odd arsehole High Lord or Inquisitor wanting to big-note themselves at the cost of earning the Churches ire.

Well my SoB army is pretty much done. Only needing two rhino chassis to make some chibi kawaii~ Exorcist

My Inquisitors have their transports at 10 tight ass female models for the dirt cheap psykers and gunboats.

So this babe nuns with guns would fit nicely as acolytes. All my HQ beside the Canoness and Celestin are male so I run my SoB as the Inquisitor's personal Battle Harem.

Admire my pale and shitty count as.

Is being pretty seen as cowardice in Sisters of battle.Are battle scarred woman respected more?