They are forcing this Nissa and Chandra romance shit way too hard

They are forcing this Nissa and Chandra romance shit way too hard.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bxU2eqZtYmc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't know if you understand what 'forcing' or 'romance' means

In the last lore story it talked about them being "friends."

>Chandra smiled and shook her head. "You're a good friend, Nissa."

>It doesn't make any sense, Nissa thought. We're Planeswalkers. We're part of the Gatewatch. We promised to help protect the Multiverse—there's so much good we can do for so many people.

>But I just want to stay here.

>She sat down beside Chandra and Mrs. Pashiri.

>With my...my friend.

Because the best ship is friendship, of course!

Does anyone actually care about current MtG """lore"""
Just a bunch of the blandest mary sue not-capeshit protagonists prancing around 2 dimensional worlds with SJW crap shoehorned in.

>They are forcing this [planeswalker] and [planeswalker] shit way too hard
gotta get that avengers gravy train bro have some more respect for the shitty fucking story

You might not care about the story, but others do.

It's fine it'll backfire, i'm already tired of the Jacetice league and it's only been 2.5 blocks

Jace and Chandra was infinitely worse

Why are they both so hideous there?

A best

Not until that movie user!

I want Gideon and Liliana to be a thing.

Badly.

That'd be some incredible hatesex.

I know, right? It'd be great.

Get out of here MaRo

It's not really that forced.
Heavy handed, perhaps, but forced would mean they must be generally incompatible or something. But they're RG, allied colors, shared an intimate spiritual moment, Chandra saved her literal plane, Nissa doesn't have any real issue with pyromancy at all, nor does Nissa represent the dispassionate white order that drives Chandra to fury, likewise nothing in Chandra represents the lack of natural harmony that would turn Nissa away, etc. etc.
They're compatible enough for something more to happen there, so long as they have enough time in each other's presence.

Kill all dykes. Give no acceptance to faggotry.

Are you joking? I hope so.

Are those the fukken tubes from bionicle movie??

>Just a bunch of the blandest mary sue not-capeshit protagonists prancing around 2 dimensional worlds with SJW crap shoehorned in.

I think this sums up the story in one sentence.

>Ajani's back now
>He still has her cloak
>Bolas is already confirmed for the next setting
>Only one place to go after that if Ajani is still kicking

Jacetice League is about to be taught about five different lessons over the span of two blocks.

As soon as I heard the name "Gatewatch" I thought it was a joke

The idea we that we have to be tied to Jace and the Scooby Doo gang for every fucking block is fucking horrifying

But user, focus groups tell us that Magic's customers love these characters.

>Jacetice League is about to be taught about five different lessons over the span of two blocks.

Nah, they'll keep winning everything forever.

Going by the Guilds of Ravnica, a good amount of coin would change hands.
From whose to whose, that's anybody's guess.

I'm sure that a majority of casual players like this but I think it will be bad in the long run

I like to compare the planeswalkers to StarWars Jedi and force and lightsabers and shit. Sure, they are very awesome and you want more but the fact it was used sparingly and that it was left mysterious made it more interesting. Infact the planeswalkers aren't really all that interesting.

I feel like a majority of players will experience burnout now that Jace and pals are going to be in every single block and every single deck and everything.

>Infact the planeswalkers aren't really all that interesting
Planeswalkers are legitimately the only interesting thing in MtG's setting.
Without planeswalkers the entire fucking spectrum of existence becomes meaningless. Who cares what happens on Theros if Elspeth wasn't there? Theros could burn to the ground and every inhabitant could get raped to death and nobody would blink because Theros is meaningless without a planeswalker to give it meaning. Who cares about Mirrodin? Now it's Phyrexia, but did anyone actually care about the mirran population? No. We cared about what was going on with Karn. Anything interesting going on in Kamigawa? No. Kamigawa is boring and everyone hated it. Because nothing on Kamigawa mattered. Kamigawa was dumb, and a mistake.
I can guarantee you there would be nothing interesting about Kaladesh either. Do you care about aetherborn huffing magicocaine? I don't.
Without planeswalkers, everywhere becomes disconnected, trite, and generally not worth thinking about.

>they're all lessons that they learn about friendship when they cast aside any remaining differences and judgements in order to nuke and destroy bolas by the end of amonkhet

Not even so much walkers in general

Dovin Baan is pretty cool, I'd love to see more of him. Also we have zero gonti and kambal, these cool as fuck characters who get no spotlight. I'd say that the gatewatch can get more stories and interactions between sets, but we should get a little more in plane fluff during this point in time. Either that or wizards could put out more stuff, though maybe asking for higher quality is a bigger priority at the moment

Needs more handholding.

I have the perfect opener to a NissaXChandra shipfic.
>The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault...okay I tell a lie,it kind of was my fault but I didn't do it intentionally.

>Jace instantly pisses himself at the mention of Bolas
>Ajani explicitly warns them 'don't fucking touch Bolas'
>Gideon disregards it amd goes to talk the dragon down (Failing miserably)
>Chandra realizes she's not the only one who can toss a giant fireball
>Nissa realizes 'Oh shit I probably shoukdn't be here'
>Liliana is already four planes away

Can't wait.

>Jacetice League is about to be taught about five different lessons over the span of two blocks.

like overcoming a generic "tough period" and establishing Bolas and his Legion of Doom?

It's generic comic book schlock. Soon enough the MtG story is going to end up on /co/

I would love for Nissa and Chandra to die in this set, surrounded and utterly outmatched by the Phyrexians. This would be shortly after they become lesbian lovers, but have only kissed and fondled breasts and have not yet brought each other to orgasm. The phyrexians would surround them and Chandra would blast them with fire even hotter than her passion for Nissa but it would not kill all of them, and the Phyrexian beasts would keep coming. Nissa would set her vines to strangle some of them but the others slash their way through with blades of blackest iron. The planeswalkers share one last kiss, knowing their time has come, then fight arm in arm, clinging to each other as the Phyrexian blades pierce their soft female flesh, ripping out their intestines. They scream in agony, begging dead gods for mercy as the Phyrexians stab them to death. Even as Chandra's blood pours down her luscious thighs she continues to pour flame into the Phyrexian horde, melting their half-metal bodies. They finally pin her down and wrench her mouth open, snaking their strange horrid devices down her throat to change her. She expires, and the phyrexians go to work resurrecting them as phyrex soldiers themselves. All will be integrated. The new Chandra and Nissa rise from the grave, half-metal, their once-budding love completely forgotten, left behind in the drying, syrupy blood on the battlefield that is the only uncorrupted part of them left.

>Bolas is Ultron
>Go to Theros next for Ajani v Gideon Civil War

Pottery.

>Gets utterly smegged by a big combined laser blast.
>"You know with the benefit of hindsight-"
>Gets punched into the sun by Garruk.

This post reeks of Maro.

Ow the edge. Also,

>Implying the Phyrexians will return before Elspeth
>Implying they'll be able to do anything once she's back.

fpbp

How was that edgy? It was meant to be touching. WotC needs to grow a pair and kill off some characters, its' the only way to keep this "story" interesting. Also:

> implying the most powerful faction in MtG's history will be shut down by some Mother Theresa bitch in armor

I mean, you may be right, but if you are I will have lost all respect for Magic lore.

keep us posted, virt

The cool looking creature in the background on the right, what is it?

> kill off some characters,
They already killed Venser and Elspeth user.

Probably a lich or something. How the fuck does that look cool? You can barely even see it.

I've seen many fanfics with much better writing than that shit.

>reading through some of the lore for older sets
>new phyrexia/mirrodin besiged is a high concept philosophical take on evolution in a mechanical environment, with interesting bioorganic primarchs ruling the corrupt world of an absent artificial planeswalker, and how that planeswalker reconciles his pacifism with the unending horror of the universe around him
>kaladesh is "Oh look, we're at a fair, in sort-of-india, and lesibain romance maybe! Look at this brown girl who's also a planeswalker, I wonder what her backstory is and how the gatewatch will beat the badguys this time? Guess you just have to buy 4000 packs to maybe get a fancy art reprint artifact that vaguely references the fair. It's super important guys, how will the Jacetice Leauge *tm* save the day this time?"

Yeah and no one gives a shit about them. They need to go big. Jace, Chandra, or Lili. One of those three needs to die in a brutal, heartbreaking way. Like Negan beating the shit out of Glenn in the Walking Dead comics. That was the last time I felt real entertainment from something.

Seeing as there's a Magic movie in development, suddenly making the plot revolve around superhero ripoffs makes a lot of sense. It's not confirmed, but knowing hollywood's overall lack of creativity it's almost certain that this gatewatch bullcrap is just so they have a storyline to adapt.

I like the darkness, the armor-cloak and the blade arm. The imagination fills the rest of the gaps.

I'm testing some carcigenic stuff.

It's carcinogenic, and it worked, and Veeky Forums is dead.

>and Veeky Forums is dead.
no it isn't.

>He doesn't know about Elspeth killing mountains of Phyrexians
>He doesn't know literally all of her pre-Theros lore was her killing Phyrexians
>He doesn't know that Theros has her literally kill a god

Elesh Norn will look fantasic with her head mounted on the tip of Godsend.

>Nobody cares about Elspeth dying

You can stop typing now. Ajani would like to have several words with you.

>when it should be Liliana and Chandra

>People STILL don't accept a Jund Threesome.

I'm down for that

Liliana is the experienced old whore, and Nissa and Chandra are the young teens. Chandra is eager and reckless while Nissa is shy and reluctant. It works. Get on it, MaRo.

Nissa and Lili dislike each other, though. Not gonna happen.

>Start arguing over Chandra
>Ends in sex
>Chandra comes in
>Ends with MORE sex

girls can't love girls, it's forbidden

Yeass

I don't understand what 'pottery' stands for.
Care to explain?

It's called rape, user. I want my Rakdos sex dungeon.

It means poetry

memetic corruption born of
youtube.com/watch?v=bxU2eqZtYmc

>not wanting chandra and nissa to punish lili for being an evil bitch

user, I get maybe Chandra, but how would Nissa punish anyone?

Green is the color of tentacle beasts.

So I really have not been keeping up with the fluff.

But I heard Garruk is now a bad guy?

Who the hell is the green representative?

Secret Hitler

I rather liked Garruk, being a badass beastmaster druid dude was ace.

So wait, is Garruk not dead? What happened to him?

I think that's mostly a blue thing, actually. Octopuses and krakens and whatnot. Part of the whole "water" theme.

Liliana hit him with a curse that fucked up his head and now he hunts people. Well, planeswalking people, specifically.

He was cursed using the Chain Veil and proceeded to nearly transform into a plane-killing demon when he wasn't tracking down and killing planeswalker. An unknown planeswalker working with Jace managed to hunt down Ob Nixilis, extract the hedron that had cursed him and plant it in Garruk after subduing him, preventing the curse from fully manifesting.

After that, Garruk decided to stay GB after he discovered that shit, he actually enjoyed the challenge of hunting down and killing planeswalkers. So now he's just wandering the planes, hunting down other planeswalkers for kicks.

That's gay as shit.

Who represents the Green side of MASSIVE FUCKING BEASTS?

I mean I'm sure with have some Elf bitch for elves.

Garruk "I bench press Wurms" was one of the most Iconic Planeswalkers.