Are there no heroes left in man?

Are there no heroes left in man?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_cnYvMC2fCo&list=PL74C577B68B65B620
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPSQpxUJdCD_HsxKdCFc56b39_25JD4wb
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm too tired for that grammar, but I will say there are still plenty of "heroes" of all scales currently in existence, and yet to be born.

Also a lot of dickwads and assholes, but hey.

I don't know, but from my insignificant place, it sure seems like Orwell was, in a way, right. "If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." Though who is the boot and who is the face changes, most people are damned to irrelevance. No one hero can save them from that. To do so would necessitate a change of underlying human behavior.

How would you run a Protomen campaign?

Probably through karaoke. For serious, doing it with a system that tracks your bonds and how strong your allegiances to principles are would basically be necessary.

Christ, Veeky Forums is fucking grim tonight. You know these things are meant to entertain, yeah?

Sorry, I'm trying to drink away my depression and it's not working.

How about we light up the night instead?

If you expect heroism to begin and end with one person, I think you missed the whole point of the Protomen. But that could just be me.
Heroism isn't so much an action as it is a culture. For better or worse, it's the decision, the idea, the mindset made that some 'thing' is more important than one's life. An idea, or a cause, or someone else.
Actions, however, follow from firmly held ideals, which is why people call those who do extraordinary things heroes.
That's how I see it, at least right now.
So if you want to ask if there are any heroes, ask if there's anyone who's willing to put their life on the line for something they believe in. Most of us never have to. But I think you'll find there are more than you expect.
Whether they show up in the papers for it or not is irrelevant.

We don't need them.
In all honesty, when has a "hero" ever improved the world? The world is not changed by "heroism." It is changed slowly, by a million diffrent things over a hundred years. And yet, put humanities backs against the wall and they will do the impossible.
Humanity doesn't need a hero. It needs a villain.

I agree with that statement but you're still going to need heroes to FIGHT the villain. A villain without opposition, even in the form of an anti-hero or leagues of minor heroes, is just some jackass despot.

And if given the choice between humanity finding something worthwhile to occupy ourselves with that doesn't involve dying in droves vs getting invaded by fucking aliens or something, I'd take the former. So long as it's not some Equilibrium style bullshit.

See, we don't even need the concept of "heroism," all we need is a strong enough survival instinct. When faced with a large enough mutual threat, even the greatest of enemies can become allies.

I wouldn't. I don't think it can work as a campaign, but as a story-based microgame like Reflections, it'd probably work pretty well.

You tell the story of the first hero, detail his origin, his purpose, his rise, and lastly, his mission; doomed to fail. You repeat this process with the second hero, only the final mission is when the reveal occurs.

They then have an ideological battle over a couple scenes, and then the climax hits and we see who's left standing, physically and ideologically.

For example, While Protoman died, he won the ideological battle.

Survival alone does not make a human life. Not everything is about war.

No heroes around, no siree.

Source on image. Is there a Kamen-Rider inspired webcomic I'm not reading?

Nope. Thesis, antithesis, synthesis.

>someone does something awesome
>everyone praises them for being awesome
>some people start critiquing how awesome that person is
>now that person is not quite as awesome as before, but still more awesome than average
>then someone suggest that said awesome person is really terrible
>people respond by asserting that they're awesome, even though they have flaws
>now the person is above average in terms of public opinion
>said above average person does somethign not awesome
>people say he's worse than Hitler
>people defend him being better than average
>now that guy who was awesome is just average until they drift into obscurity

Its based off of the music of the Protomen, a Megaman themed rock opera band.

>tfw you realize mankind probably had a bunch of heroes who died while Protoman was being built, because no human can take on the Robot Masters
>tfw you realize the crowd Protoman addressed was probably nothing but aging parents/grandparents and small children
>tfw he's basically telling all that's left of the human race to commit blatant suicide

At this point, they need a Messiah, not a hero.

This. Protoman was basically saying "Jump in front of my gun to buy Megaman a millisecond of reprieve. What, you won't? Fucking selfish human scum."

>"Why are you leaving, Father?"
>"To fight. Take the other children with you. Now."
>"Can't I come with you? I can fight, too."
>"No, you can't. Go."
>"Yes, I can. Father, I won't let you-"
>"NO, you can't. I said GO!"
>"Well, WHY NOT? I'm not going to leave and let you die, Father."
>"Listen to me. If you don't run and lead the others right now, you're all going to die. And if you and the young ones die, there won't be anyone left to fight for. So GO!"

I mean...in Joe's time, we only saw one hero. You could argue there was more, but they brought Wily up to power themselves. I mean, there was likely several people who could've done something.

I figured that Protoman or Megaman could have gotten some people to help if they did more legwork before going on a rampage against Wily.

>probably nothing but aging parents and small children
I don't know what your parents are like, but most of the kids and seniors I've known aren't the type to wander into battlefields screaming for brothers to slaughter one another, and then expressing disbelief when one mourns the other.

user, I just want to thank you for posting this, because I just listened to the whole thing and it's brilliant

Act II: Father of Death > Act I

>I'm too tired for that grammar
its from a song

search "protomen"

Might as well link all of both albums

youtube.com/watch?v=_cnYvMC2fCo&list=PL74C577B68B65B620

Listen to the damn albums, people. The Protomen are incredible.

>when has a "hero" ever improved the world?
You shut your whore mouth. The world is better off for the existence of sandwiches.

Act III when?

>Act III
They're doing a bunch of felating their female singer's ego when she can't hit the notes even in the studio. And in all the new material they put out they keep putting her further into the spotlight. If she doesn't get better at singing then Act III hopefully never.

>implying
>What is HOLD BACK THE NIGHT?

Get Equipped (remastered): youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPSQpxUJdCD_HsxKdCFc56b39_25JD4wb
>it's not the robots who need saving.

Damn, as soon as I see that picture I get like audio flashbacks.

I can almost hear "The Hounds".

Ooh, I know this group. Other than few songs they were pretty average. This is a new album, I guess?

I know that feeling very well user.

>they were pretty average
yeah, most the songs are pretty bland. Some are good though, The Haystack Principle, History Repeating Part 1 or the Message from Dr. Light hit me pretty hard. But it definitely doesn't have the coherence of the Protomen's stuff, I guess because it's not meant to be a rock opera.

>History Repeating Part 1
Yes, that was one. I can't remember any other at this moment. I should check it sometime again.

Well, I don't think I would ever forget my first Protomen experience. Man, it was fuckin intense.

Whilst I agree coherence being an asset, ungodly emotional intensity of Protomen is unparalled and that is what makes them so amazing.