Hey, Veeky Forums

hey, Veeky Forums

would you play a tabletop pnp game in a room like this or nah?

Fuck. I play in a room like that except all five of us are crowded around that table in the middle.

Doesn't look too comfy, bro

The couch is comfy, at least...

it might not look comfy but it sure looks cozy

hells yeah op

Thanks user. It is pretty cozy. I haven't really had any problems in my time hosting up to 8 people.

Next session will be 4-5 people, in a new 5e campaign.

Player here, OP's couch is pretty comfy.

Hey Fentyn and/or our glorious gamemaster.

Should I invest in new chairs? The big patio chairs feel like they trap you inside of them, I think. I hate the armrests on them. And the metal folding chairs fucking suck.

only if I get the couch and don't have to share

I've played in shittier spaces

The lawnchairs are pretty comfy if you're at one of the end tables cause you can scoot up real close and plus, armrests. Fuck those metal chairs tho bruh

Bean bag chairs have a great cost to comfy ratio

Alright. I'll endeavor to get a couple of better chairs with like, cushions and shit.

You wanna talk janky setups, remember playing in my barn? Fuck that was a time.

You provided air fresheners, maybe.

They don't really do much considering 3 out of the 5 players / DM are cheefing cigarettes constantly,

That fucking barn, man.

I forget how the table was, but I remember having to lean over many times from the couch because the table was positioned too far away from it.

but still - playing in a barn? that was awesome.

ty for the experience

crack open a window and yeah, looks comfy

The lighting was poor and seating suboptimal but man, that was a nice little setup. When Jon had to sidle across the couch to sit down and Josh got that horrible little peepshow was probably the best part of the whole experience.

RIP

dude jon wore fucking prom dresses to dnd and slathered on lipstick. he looked like something out of a fucking nightmare, broh.

but yeah I remember that - I don't think I was present at that session.

but ayyy you'd imagine he'd have at least worn underwear, y'know - which in itself is horrifying to think about.

Sure. Would prefer nicer chairsthan those folding jobs. But it looks like everyone can reach/see the table easily, and the close confines should keep everyone focused on the game.
Long term, I would request/invest in some nicer chairs or cushions for the people who don't sit on the couch, but it really looks fine to me.

I think what's important is keeping the players comfortable enough so that their butts don't get numb, but not too soft or squishy. With that couch, they'll probably be more inclined to sit back and relax more, they can't push it back to get up, so there will always be that gap between them and the table, so they'll have to lean forward then sit back again, and there's a possibility of crazy in the group when someone feels like they never get to sit on the couch.

It has a high table, which is a great improvement over where I'm currently forced to DM.

Right on. I'll check out Wal Mart for some cushioned / nicer chairs.

Or I might just say "fuck it" and take the leather couch my parents are throwing out and put it on the other side of the table.

I have an additional couch.... I will move it and replace the two metal folding chairs with a 3 person couch - that should prevent any dissent.

How's this?

I'm going to wipe the table on the right down, but I just moved my other couch to the other side, so everyone should have comfy seating.

Different one of your players here. What this guy said is so true. Those couches make it hard to really get into the game. People lean back and have to then uncomfortably lean forward to move their mini's. Ill take a folding chair over a couch thats too low for the table any day.

Meant this guy.

Damn, I really liked the look of this, too.

I defer to your greater judgement. I have no problem getting into the game from the couch, but from a DM standpoint I probably would.

Yeah the couch is comfy but it does have that drawback, which is why I personally prefer the lawnchairs.

I doubt it will make that much of a difference. I just like it when everyone is leaned over the table getting into the game rather than sitting back in a couch.

A fairly cheap upgrade that can be made as comfy as you want is benches or chairs made out of 2x4s. Backs or not, arms or not, cushions or not, one of each, whatever. Can be made to look at nice or as ghetto as you want.

Put cushions on the folding chairs and I'm down

Everyone will see me fapping under the table, so no

cute cat