Favourite Models

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vWA1TuaGLH8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

To date one of my favorite kits from GeeDubz

fuck the cadians

I wish I could afford.... Already built an army of Cadians and now I will def. have to wait to build these for about a year....

They are pretty good, but I don't understand the tank track armor.

I think generic sheets of metal linked would have been better.

>but I don't understand the tank track armor.
It's heavy and made of some type of metal.

I hate how CAD those things look.

I actually want to heavily convert this handsome bastard to make it look like a BIG Bullgryn like

good taste

Do home-made ones count?

I love these guys.

BROTHER

Love me some grenadiers.

You like secondary characters who guard the head characters of factions?

I love this model, simple yet characterful.

I found myself realising that if our planet was rediscovered by the imperium, and i could choose any gear i want, id prefer the cadian flak and a hotshot lasgun for my primary weapon.

This is probably my favourit model.

I'm a sucker for laurels though. Pop that head on literally any other model and it'll be a 10/10.

The absolute raddest one.

It'd be hilarious if they'd use CAD where it's thematically appropriate - like for the alien skeleton robots and eldar armour pieces, but instead they use it for EVERYTHING.

CAD?

This guy.

I like everything about this model, even the stolen spirit stones.

Stolen as in copy pasted from another model? Or stolen as in taken from a dead Eldar?

Because I think they're just supposed to be regular gems.

not them but ts not relevant. A cool model is a cool model

>Stolen as in copy pasted from another model? Or stolen as in taken from a dead Eldar?

Yes.

I just find it funny. I think all those are excellent models, and honestly much better than the people they're supposed to be guarding.

Just funny how that works out.

Computer Aided Design, as opposed to hand sculpts.

I'm cool with it, leads to more detailed models with better sprues.

AHHH gotcha

>stolen as in taken from a dead Eldar?

>marines who collect and adorn their equipment with spirit stones as trophies

Who fucking cool would that be for a Deathwatch squad.

In the Deathwatch RPG, there's a special unique item which is basically a Storm Shield decorated by dozens of gemstones claimed from the bodies of a defeated Eldar Warhost. Only, the Deathwatch apparently have no idea of the significance of this, and wonder why the Eldar can both sense when it's in close proximity, even if hidden, and seem desperate to steal it from them.

>the Deathwatch apparently have no idea of the significance of this
Seems a bit dumb desu

I have him. He's pretty awesome.

This version of the quartermaster easily is my favourite model.

Although the normal quartermaster with his retinue are rad as hell too

>Brother Kleptus, your trophies are screaming again
>aye
>what Chapter are you from, remind me? it's definitely one of the loyalist ones, right? You're not one of those cultists or something
>nay
>Brother Kleptus, what IS the purpose of those Wraithbone objects you keep next to your sleeping mat?
>t'were best thou didst not asketh, Brother

>Brother Kleptus, emissary of tthe Blood Ravens

Seems in character for 40k

Not really, the Ordo Xenos most likely knows about eldar soul stones

Like the Ordo Xenos tells the Deathwatch anything besides where and how to kill aliens.

>Hey Inquisitor Douchecanoe, we have this crazy shield here and it seems to alarm nearby eldar with it's sheer presence, wat do?
>Oh, I won't tell you, but I also won't take it away from you.
They'd either tell them or confiscate it for science

So that they can tread all over their enemies.

is that from HeroQuest

fucking slambo

>It'd be hilarious if they'd use CAD where it's thematically appropriate - like for the alien skeleton robots and eldar armour pieces, but instead they use it for EVERYTHING.

"I dont understand how models are designed/made: the post"

Sorry to break it to you, but they use 3d sculpting (not CAD, which is an entirely different manufacture process), because it is economically cost-effective to do so now.

Death Korps of Grimderp sit down

yep, it's the best thing about heroquest.

Well spotted, ultrasatan

YFW you realize that the concept of god is actually the emperor and this is 40k.

Which one?

all of them.

Are the versions GW still sell metal?

I can paint Scions in Cadian colors all I want

Acually, Slambo is a close cousin to the Heroquest plastics but he's a different model.

Glass jaw, punch like a rocket and never fail to make heads turn when they hit the table.

There's these guys too.

If you can't tell if got a thing for monopose 90s plastics and I'm not really sure why

>pump action shotgun in one hand

I got bad news for this guy

This was my first ever miniature and I still love the model to bits.

Oh right I thought you were trying to make a different kind of point but yeah I agree with you on that. I noticed that in like film and tv the champion in the commanders retinue always looks cooler than the commander. I guess Boba Fett is a good example where hes just a bounty hunter but hes just really cool,

youtube.com/watch?v=vWA1TuaGLH8

I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this, but I like painting thunderwolves, especially if the base is well done.
I also like Solitaires. Such grace in that model.

I always loved those muscles.

Did you even read death masque

Though stupid as a model idea, I can see the appeal of actually painting them. You get to have a lot of fun with drybrushing and fur patters, more so than on your average fur cape.

>heavy bolter fired on the move by normal human
Dude catachans do whatever they want and say fuck you to the designers

What does that even mean? Is it because its not all janky like the old metal crap that had "character"?

U shut ur moth fukn newfag gtfo

No, could you please paraphrase?

Not that guy, but lazy CAD often has weird-looking symmetries. I don't really see it in the OP, but check the fyreslayers for what I mean

Kek. It's like someone used the mirror tool in Photoshop.