Hektor Heresy: Starting to be a Thing Again Edition

THE HEKTOR HERESY is a collaborative writing project that aims to re-tell the age old story of the Fall of Mankind into the Grim Darkness of the Future. We started by supposing a slightly different end to the Age of Strife, with different Primarchs being born in the Himalayzian Mountains and a different (but recognisably 40k) galaxy awaiting the Great Crusade. Things are now getting to the point where Hektor's rebellion is being covered.

We're happy to welcome new contributors. If you'd like to have a read of the project (and please, don't pitch an idea without having read anything!), there are a few possible starting points. The main page is:
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Veeky Forums_Heresy
While the main timeline is at:
1d4chan.org/wiki/Veeky Forums_Heresy_Timeline
If you're a believer in the Beakies is best school of GeeDubs, you might find it helpful to start at:
1d4chan.org/wiki/Legiones_Astartes_(Hektor_Heresy)
But we have plentiful greeblies
1d4chan.org/wiki/Xenos_of_the_Hektor_Heresy

Last thread
>We furthered the discussion of StatAnon's new Legion, which was overall met with positive feedback
>An idea was started to include some material based on Hua Yuan
>Strelky organization was discussed
>People insulted each other
>Zorg was Zorg
>Adjustments to the Steel Marshals were discussed
>Alexandri suggested we stop namefagging
>Aubrey was too lazy to start a new thread.
>Both previous threads have been archived on thisisnotatrueending under the tag Veeky Forums Heresy

>Zorg was Zorg
kek

Pictured, the new SoB design. :^)

So I had a couple thoughts about the Augurs and their Acolytes on the way to work.

What if rather than the Skaven constantly backstabbing one another shape they presently have, we shape them more like Vampire Count Thralls?

Also just get rid of the current Skaven/Sith backstabbing apprentice thing, at least until after the Heresy. At present the Legion reads like it would have been made into one of the Unknowns pretty fast.

You're right. They should probably just do all the really deplorable stuff to non-Augurs.

what would happen to a legion if it withheld recovered artefacts from the Mechanicus? How would the Mechanicus react?

So I really want to get in on this, because I can only sate my appetite to fluff and writefag with "Roll an X" threads for so long.

It was suggested to me to pick up the Black Augurs and the Crimson Teeth, and I really like their fluff and I would be honoured to pick them up.

But I also heard that there are channels to go through to make that happen. Who do I talk to where?

do you have any work to share with us now?

I'm the minority of the group that liked the classic boobplate of the SoB. Yes it was horribly impractical, etc. But it was extremely aesthetically fitting to their themes.

If they found out, they would be rather upset.

>Good news
You can talk to pretty much anyone in the project, and we'll ask you to provide some info on your plans. If the group likes it, we give you the go ahead to keep working.

>Bad news
Josman is currently working on a replacement for the Crimson Teeth. And you're probably the first person to say that you like them aside from their original creator(s) and it does look like Bloodseer/Voidbringer are thinking of taking up the mantle again. That is not to say you cannot help with spitballing ideas and/or helping them with what they're doing, so I'd suggest talking to them about their ideas to see what you can do.

>If they found out, they would be rather upset.
but how are we talking?
Going to the mattresses, or just death stares? Or maybe withholding resources?

On Hektor Heresy? No, but I've a lot of writefaggotry to share to show how I write but I've been waiting for something like this Ah. I see. I know when to take a hint

Id be happy to have you on the team for the Augurs. Like i said last night my contribution to the writing will be slow and bouncing ideas around is something i enjoy and if you want to write go ahead. We can work things in.

Presently id like to see them more as Von Carstiens than Skaven though

Also, stuff from the last thread that I wasn't able to post on earlier:

I did a short response at but I'd like to go into some more depth.

While the NCO support chain is vital to most Western militaries, various sources I've read points towards a lack of the same style of NCO core in the East. Basically, NCO's in old Eastern bloc militaries are essentially there to be little more than better-paid enlisted troops who can pass down orders. Given, they are still important (and your illustrations of officers are why I like you), but their role is significantly reduced.

Second, and this is more for Alex, I'd suggest a method utilizing either of the following:

Squad/Platoon/Company: keep roughly the same

Battalion: 4-6 Line companies, 2-4 support companies (for armor, cooks, mechanics, artillery, veterans and paper pushers)-Led by LTC equivalent

Regiment: 3-4 Regular Line Battalions, 1-2 Support Battalions - Led by Colonel equiv

Division

Corps

Army

etc.

No hints, no hints. Legions are always things everybody wants to tackle because Astartes Legions and Primarch! Right now, the Legion that needs to be completely redone has already been claimed. There's work to be done in other Legions, but most of those are claimed as well. I think the Stone Men might be outdated, but I'd wait for confirmation. That being said, there's a shit ton of other things which need more info. IA Regiments, Xenos, Mechanicus Forges, Titan Legions, Knight Houses, and political players all could use more stuff.

Off the top of my head, withholding all future resources while petitioning Big E about it. He's a Primarch, but the Mechanicum gets equal status to the big guy.

Further, for Alex, from a narrative perspective, having the officer cadre come from the enlisted ranks fits the question of how some of the Strelky turn traitor. But I think it also doesn't fit the theme you are going for. The treatment of men inside the Strelky units doesn't breed true loyalty, it breeds grim acceptance, and as they continue in their service, that can turn into a kind of resentment towards the Imperium (they don't want to be here, they just got stuck). I think it would make more sense if their leaders were outsiders, who could dole out punishment without sentiment or remorse, and it would guarantee their leadership's loyalty to something outside of the Strelky Regiments themselves.

I'd love to work on them. Where does most of the work get done? Here in the threads or via Skype?

Both here and the threads are generally good for spitballing and first drafts. If you think you've just about got something good, but wish to wait for approval from elsewhere, I'd suggest putting it on the Legion Talk page.

Sorry, both here and Skype* are good for spitballing, etc.

Also, The SB Task and Org now includes everything up to Battalion. Chapter will be the next on the chopping block.

Well then. My biggest problem then with the Black Augurs and their Primarch is that they are exceedingly edgy. And Voidwatcher? I'm sure even if his foster parents gave him little more than a mononym the Emperor or his brothers would give him an actual name

>exceedingly edgy

Even that seems like an understatement.

Ok idea for critique
Basically:
The 13th merge all their support formations (librarius, armorium etc) and thus their knowledge and 'secrets' get shared.

The Mech are not happy about their IP being shared about, so get frosty with the 13th.
That leads to scrutiny from the Mech too, and they discover by accident that the 13th have been keeping some artefacts for a 'private collection' rather than hand them over like they're supposed to.

They aren't keeping artefact weapons or armour though; there doesn't seem to be any logic or criteria for what they keep, and they don't use any of it. It just sits in deep storage under guard.

Mech don't see the difference, and flip their shit and petition the Emperor to do something about it.

Emps has a tough decision, he probably understands why the 13th were doing what they did, and he might want to add a check on Martian power politically, but he can't lose support from Mars, and this issue is what he promised them in the treaty...

So the 13th get punished (suggestions on how welcome) and have to make shit right, which they do.

But the relationship never returns to normal - the Mech continue their part, but give the bare minimum and take as long as they can afford to with requisitioning etc.
While the 13th (are kind of forced to) set themselves up to be more and more self-sufficient to compensate.

Then post heresy, with no more Mech to worry about, the 13th are back to doing shenanigans to get hold of tainted artefacts across the galaxy for Tzeentchian reasons.

I like it because it seems to give a really good explanation for the cults Uriel finds all over the galaxy to be somewhat connected without it being obvious - corrupt artefacts - and gives a bit of reasonable backlash to the 13th merging there support arms together.

But pick it apart; is it viable? Any plot holes or clashes I'm missing? Just scrap it?