MTG Limited General

Here are some more Kaladesh draft Pack 1 Pick 1 decisions

What would you pick here?

Other urls found in this thread:

markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/151320822218/todays-my-birthday-so-i-guess-its-time-to-cash
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Longtusk cub is splashable, strong, and in addition is probably the best card in the pack.

I'd take Insidious Will since I'm a sucker for counterspells. Longtusk Cub seems like the solid pick here. I'm also fairly impressed with Fragmentize and Appetite for the Unnatural in this format, but I'm not sure if you want more than one disenchants in your deck.

Twodrops aren't really splashable. They don't have huge enough impact on the board later on in the game, and it's much less likely to have access to splash mana on turn2 than on turn6.

As much as I'd like to try the rare, i feel blue is the weakest colour in the format. Longtusk Cub is a very solid two drop, even when it easily requires some help to get going (eg. drop some energy generating card t3 to force the t2 cub through and recoup the energy if you used it). Ibex and Peena Outrider don't actually come that far behind, but Cub has higher ceiling.

I don't see the Cub a card I'd splash in a deck though. I want to play it on curve, it doing anything late is completely dependent on having spare energy in store.

Don't really know how high to value Fragmentize or Appetite in draft. Half as much packs means half the number of vehicles you'll see on average which makes them less clear maindeck cards. I'd still start one in main in most decks I guess.

Normally I'd agree but if you have any extra energy laying around when you drop cub it feels much less frustrating that he came down on turn 5 or 6 rather than 2 when you want to play him. Its not hard at all to make him a 3/3 or a 4/4, and the mechanic to do that is in every color. That's the reason I'd pick him anyway.

Probably Whirlermaker. It was the tipping point that won me 2/3 games of my sealed pool games.

Long Tusk cub or Peema Outrider. Both are very solid.

I think it's wayyy to slow for draft. 4+3 mana before you first have any impact on the board. Best in sealed in slow matchups where the board might stall and it eventually takes the game over.

I would take Insidious Will. I've cast this card three times already, and all three times it's been fantastic. I do think blue is the weakest color out of all of them, but not by much. I just think the blue cards are good in specific archetypes, unlike some of the cards from other colors which are good overall. And I know that Longtusk Cub is great, but I don't know how much support it needs. How good would it be in a GB deck for instance?

Snare Thopter. Hasty Flyer you can play in any color.

I think the "support" is pretty much "anything that gives you 2 energy or helps the Cub through early". As an example from the prerelease weekend: T2 Cub, opponent plays 2/2, T3 Thriving Rhino that generates 2E, attacks through (unless opponent goes to chump-mode which is honestly fine too) and generates the 2E back.

Yeah this is an easy Snare Thopter. Brazen Scourge after it.

Definitely Thriving Ibex. That dudes butt has wind me some games.

Snare Thopter. Haste + Flying is always good. And it doesn't look me into colors too early. Downs side is that it's hit by a lot of common removal.

Eh, I don't see Insidious Will as a first pick, honestly. It's just too expensive. Sure, it gives you options but you are constantly having to keep 4 Mana open to use it. I mean, if you are finding yourself in blue anyways...

markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/151320822218/todays-my-birthday-so-i-guess-its-time-to-cash
>loverofbarrels asked: Today's my birthday so I guess it's time to cash in ahaha. May I have some trivia on my favorite card from Kaladesh, Panharmonicon?

>Mark Rosewater: It had a design name like Whatchamacallit. I designed it in a session where I was trying to make a whole bunch of Johnny/Jenny artifact cards. Happy Birthday!

Who's Jenny? What was wrong with just the original three player profiles?

Because girls play Magic too, you misogynist shitlord!

Seriously though, I can see why having all the player archetypes being not having a female counterpart would not be welcoming to female players, and since they didn't get rid of the male name it's no big deal.

Though Spike is already Unisex, so yeah.

just keep stirring the pot

Longtusk Cub, no contest here.

Concealed Courtyard, because i ain't leaving the draft without some kind of money card.
Barring that, Snare Thopter.

I guess Snare Thopter was pretty easy

Tidy Conclusion or Disintegration
You haven't committed to any color yet and removal you're not facing is good removal

Sky Skiff. Turns a servo into a mediocre flier. That or Aether Meltdown, because it enables other energy effects if you're running those and ruins big attackers.

Unlicensed Disintegration is good enough to go for p1p1 despite being gold. Eye out for Prisms and Aether Hubs.

Aether Meltdown and Impeccable Timing next, Tidy Conclusion and Sky Skiff after that. Skiff is certainly safe but pretty low impact, so that'd be on the level of decent 5cc removal for me.

>I can see why having all the player archetypes being not having a female counterpart would not be welcoming to female players,
>and since they didn't get rid of the male name it's no big deal.
Explain how either of these beliefs make sense.

Unlicensed Disintegration.
>but it's a gold card
i don't give a daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

If this is p1p1 pummeler hands down and draft every single larger than life i see.