Apparently all indicators point toward a stocks market krash, what do you think will the effects be on crypto?

Apparently all indicators point toward a stocks market krash, what do you think will the effects be on crypto?
Wouldn't traders/banks see this a a refuge of a way to give them hedge?
Why would they short BTC now?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/Q9EA3Zv
share.robinhood.com/nicholc1484
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-07/inverted-yield-curve-in-2018-is-taking-over-wall-street-outlooks
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-27/a-completely-flat-yield-curve-record-low-yields-await-in-2018
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They're not shorting it at all.

Megamoon.

Yah why would you short rn. Futures are indicating the opposite

IDK guys, BTC is looking like it's forming a double top on the 12H

Shorting in this market is not predicting the price to go as high.

It's sad that Bitcoin was made just after the last great crash we had in 2008, so there is no real experience this time around as to what a stock market crash will do and one is bound to happen about every ten years historically.

My dumb and gay analysis here states: that Bitcoin's price is fueled by dollarinos, and at some times fake dollarinos at that, so when the dollars stop flowing so freely I bet we will see a pullback in BTC as well. On top of this, Bitcoin is way overextended right now just look at how far is gone from the sundry SMAs; it's looking ready for a correction.

Doesn't everything look like its forming a double top until it achieves an ATH? This is why TA is mostly bs because it can only be used in hindsight.

Gigamoon.

Everyone will be trying to get their money away from the taxman/banks

I think that the reality is that Bitcoin will act strangely in a economic recession. All we can say is that it won't keep its course because Bitcoin doesn't do that normally.

Bitcoin either has an initial skyrocket because people will cite Venzula as an example.

Or it will crash with the rest of the market.

I think a market crash might hurt bitcoin in the short term, but once central banks start QE shit again expect bitcoin and crypto to go to Alpha Centauri.

I also expect once markets start to crash the government will start looking to blame crypto for its failed recovery. That's when the violence starts and the economic revolution begins.

but these THICK alts
the discord link for upcoming alt pumps
get in if your not already

discord.gg/Q9EA3Zv

The retail debt is fucking scary. 2018 is going to be hard for Yellencoin especially after the petro-Yuan.

People affect the market, if enough people buy into the TA meme and act upon it, then it will have an effect.
A self fulfilling prophecy.

I'm aware user, that's why I said mostly.

Have you tried trading on the stock market? With the Robinhood brokerage app you can trade stocks with ZERO trading commissions. This means you pay ZERO transaction fees on any trades you make. If you are looking for a great alternative to BTC investing, you can start trading "Penny Stocks", which are great for those with limited funds and looking to gain experience in the market. On top of that, Robinhood also gives you a share of FREE stock just for signing up (Great if you literally have $0 to invest). Free money

Sign up using this referral link to claim a share of FREE stock (100% chance of random share of stock) and start trading today. There is a 1 in 150 chance of getting a free share of Apple or Microsoft.

share.robinhood.com/nicholc1484

At no point for the last 10 years, have the economy looked solid. But it is still going strong, i don't think it will fail/collapse..

If stocks crash we're going to see moon missions in crypto that dwarf every single one before it

Thanks bro!

I'll sign up if you someone succeed to make me trade from outside of USA

100% chance to get a share of stock on signing up. Essentially free $$

OP what you said is fucking retarded. when the stock market crashes people dont put their money into high risk investments, they take them out

Unfortunately it is only for USA, Australia and China so far

Fuck off, shill.

this, if stocks start to crash people will dump all their money into crypto because it is seen as safe

>what do you think will the effects be on crypto?
it'll tank.

>Crypto
>Safe

High volatility much?

Also, if the stock market crashes, that is not necessarily a bad thing.

Ultra-megamoon. People are starting to perceive crypto as a means to *preserve* assets. So, if the stock market crashes, crypto becomes the digital mattress

Source?

>safe

I have a feeling it's going to crash too. My mom has half a million in the stock market and she wants to keep it in there for another 20 years. What can I tell her to convince her to get out of it?

Literally no indicators are pointing towards a stock market "krash" you moron.

This

>no enemy for the US to have war with
>china moving to kill the petrodollar
>failing retail sales
>low quality jobs markets
>worse real estate bubble in history
Everything is fine, nothing bad can possibly happe-

During market crashes gold rises

BTC is literally the the New gold

If you tell her to move all of her money out of stocks because you think a crash is coming, it will probably fall on deaf ears. It will be way easier to convince her to diversify into a mixture of stocks and bonds.

>>no enemy for the US to have war with
>implying actual war is needed for war industry to happily chug along
>>china moving to kill the petrodollar
Keep dreaming
>>failing retail sales
>>low quality jobs markets
Not a reason for stock market crash
>>worse real estate bubble in history
It's not. Even if - not a reason for stock market crash. The last one was caused by banks.

why would you do that everyone knows the stock markets crash regularly

Best time to invest into stocks was right after the crash. Second best time is now. If you don't understand this simple concept then there is no helping you.

Buy high sell low?

Thanks Vizard

Definitely pullback. Smart money will cash out of crypto to buy stocks on sale

>Not a reason for stock market crash
how about the new tax plan? There's history showing that this type of plan kills business because it strips consumers of their disposable income. Pair it up with the shitty jobs market and it might be a kick off for a nice recession

Why the fuck would anyone ever sell stocks low? Even if you bought S&P 500 right before the crash you'd be soon 100% in profit, brainlet. If you want to turn your lunch money into lambo, by all means stay in crypto, but dissing stocks only shows your ignorance and low IQ.

this one is also caused by banks... CDO's are back. collatoralized debt obligation

I don't know, not a burger so didn't look much into it. I'd go with the consensus of actual economists on this matter, whatever it is.

>mom, consider this
>there was a crash in 98
>there was a crash in '08
>there might be a crash right around the corner again
>you say you're willing to hold for 20 years. if you cash out now and there's a crash, you can buy the same stocks back in '20 for half the price. if there's no crash you still buy back, and in 20 years' time that time spent waiting out should represent less than 10% of your gains.

>>you say you're willing to hold for 20 years. if you cash out now and there's a crash, you can buy the same stocks back in '20 for half the price. if there's no crash you still buy back, and in 20 years' time that time spent waiting out should represent less than 10% of your gains.
>time the market, otherwise sell low buy high
Great advice. I hope his mom is not this retarded.

>tfw shitty economics degree
>tfw can't trust the neocons
>free trade makes everything better goy!
most economists have been "baffled" by the american stock market since 2014 or so. they've been wondering about a change for a while. tbqh, i think the key lies with wages and employment numbers because i'm betting that the workforce's stagnation in real wages is a primary factor for business's larger margins. do you have any insight from your place of residence?

neoclassicals*
man it's been a while

>100% profit only took 10 years

Didn't taxes get lowered, wouldn't that boost spending?

youre forgetting capital gains tax

ITP: Angry burger

> krash

fake tax cut, sure

We're on the brink of most brainlet jobs being eradicated by automation, so I think that has some potential to fuck up economy short term, unless the government acts smartly, which is to incentivize less working hours and eventually implement UBI (inb4 commie) to keep the economy going. What the republicans will probably do though, is artifically create useless jobs.
>virtually risk-free 100% in 10 years is somehow bad
Stocks aren't for poorfags.
t. eurocuck

>I don't understand irony
Why the fuck would you buy at ATH
>Best time to invest into stocks was right after the crash. Second best time is now

explain

>risk free

This is the cancer killing finance.

>Why the fuck would you buy at ATH
Because it will only get more expensive in the future, brainlet.
>Best time to invest into stocks was right after the crash. Second best time is now
>t. I know nothing about investing but I'll meme anyway
Tell me how many times in the past have S&P 500 lost someone money unless they sold? Yeah, that's right, retard.

>Because it will only get more expensive in the future, brainlet.
That's what went through the head of anyone that brought at the top

No this "risk free" mantra is what got us into 2008 in the first place. Finance niggers should all hang.

>smart money
>stocks
pick one

>reading comprehension

>invest 50% into S&P 500, the rest elsewhere
>S&P crashes->profit
>S&P doesn't crash->profit
Whew, what a difficult concept
You clearly have no clue what caused 2008 crash. Sasuga, brainlet.
hint: it wasn't the stock market

Was that post supposed to be sarcasm?

It's was derivatives based on housing loans, such as credit default swaps, but it still effected the stock market.

It was literally banking niggers taking bets on CDO's. Sounds a lot like speculation to me.

>invest 50% into S&P 500, the rest elsewhere
>elsewhere
Wow what a clear and precise answer, you can only make gains in whatever "elsewhere"

if everything points to a total stock market crash, why isn't everybody out already and have made it crash already? I doubt there will be a crash when everybody expects a crash.

Sure, anything economy related will affect stock market one way or another.
Correct. Doesn't change anything about my statement, as long as you are willing to hold long enough.
What are you trying to say?

>sarcasm

Okay but when the central banking house of cards fall, so to will the entire stock market.

If you expect a crash, then the obvious position to take is to be sitting completely in cash, maybe with some precious metals but definitely no stocks. Now would be a bad time to buy land as well.

Even if the stock market crashes, it will almost certainly recover. If it doesn't, we'll have bigger problems. You just have to hold. Difficult concept for ADD-riddled Veeky Forumsnessmen.
Everyone and their mom expects a crash. Hint: markets don't die on skepticism

Fiat currency's only track record is failure, just something to keep in mind.

>ADD-riddled
ADD-ridden*

When in history did dollar fail? If there's any economy to trust at all, then it's the US. You cannot invest trustlessly. It's about managing the risk/reward ratio.

I never said throw all your money into crypto. On a long enough timeline all government toilet paper money or coins falls to zero. It's been happening since Rome. The dollar has lost 97% of its value since the Fed came in. This might not matter so much of real wages remained in step and everyone's savings account matched inflation, but it doesn't and that's the point. Inflation's key property is to act as a hidden tax on your savings. Thank you central banking kikery!

social justice skelly says everything is ok.

>I never said throw all your money into crypto.
Well if you're a poorfag then going all in is certainly worth the risk.
>On a long enough timeline all government toilet paper money or coins falls to zero.
Assuming 2% yearly inflation, it would take exactly ∞ years for the value of fiat to fall to 0. Do you realize that the value of fiat is arbitrary? You can just move the decimal point if you want, like Germany did after ww1. It's like saying that a coin with 21 million supply is better than a coin with 1 billion supply.
>hidden tax on your savings
It's a tax on brainlets who keep their assets in cash. How is that a bad thing?

was meant for

>bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-07/inverted-yield-curve-in-2018-is-taking-over-wall-street-outlooks
>bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-27/a-completely-flat-yield-curve-record-low-yields-await-in-2018

on a side note: canada is going to implode. sweden too. and australia. and germany. and the whole world. but I'm happy about canada and sweden. they suck.

Inflation is just one move they pull, lets not forget monetary policy and the fact they can QE and bail out their friends whenever the fuck they want. QE and bail outs are literally the reason we're all fucking here right now.

Not everyone is financially literate, nor should we expect them to be. Investing comes with risk that not everyone is interested in. Again this "risk free" mentality with investing is government and central bank enforced and completely fraudulent, yet you support it.

Forgot pic

NEVER FORGET

You cannot disprove my point that investing into US stock market is virtually risk-free as long as you can afford to hold long enough. And if US economy goes down the toilet then surely we'll have bigger worries.
>Investing comes with risk
You can diversify enough so that there is literally zero risk, safe for societal collapse. Still, you can hedge against societal collapse by buying guns and supplies.

If the US market collapse, that doesn't mean crypto will as well as it is transnational and a hedge against fiat. see

>that doesn't mean crypto will as well
??? never itt have I stated whether I think it will or will not.
I think short term it would definitely cause a sell-off. Eventually it would be probably beneficial for crypto, at least in the current climate.

I misunderstood your implications with the US market failing.

>all the indicators

wow, ALL of them?

how about you give me 5 indicators right now.

> You can just move the decimal point if you want

NO, YOU CAN'T. That's literally destruction of wealth, you economically illiterate fuck.

the only way the US market collapses entirely is if the entire US government + central bank collapses, and that would never happen without a nuclear war, in which case we'd all be dead and crypto will be worthless

lol no

What a moron you are. DECIMAL POINT IS ARBITRARY.
Precisely my point.

can't believe I used to tolerate this guy some time back

Literally nothing wrong about that statement.

Anyway, I'm done here for tonight. I suggest half the people in this thread to educate themselves on economics 101.

what is this reaganomics? it's a tax cut for businesses, but the increase for people with smaller amounts of disposable income will end up being counter productive.

America's inability to cope with skill biased tech change is bad and will continue to be pretty bad. I think you're absolutely right about UBI, but I only support it for the short term because of government inefficiency.

I'm pretty sure taxes did not get raised on lower brackets, but okay.