What’s the point of alts?

They lose BTC value when BTC goes up or down.

They lose USD value when BTC goes up

They lose value for no fucking reason at all.

Maybe after 5 years if you pick the right one (less than 1% of the coins) you can make a profit.

alts are only valuable to profit from if they are going to 2x, 3x faster than btc can.

alts are only a safe long term investment from btc if they have a fiat trading pair. so if btc tanks it can still retain it's fiat value.

i'm a student with little to no cash and i make about 300 euro's a day by trading alts. that's the point.

many alts moon in sats regardless of btc value, you should be looking to get into one of them

Latecomers have no choice if they want to find the next ETH.

teach me your ways

>if they have a fiat trading pair
everyone will still trade in sats for it so it doesnt matter.
just compare the top 10 to btc and its a fucking peg every time

Alts never used to be like this.

Alts is where everyone made money, but the last month btc has literally gained more value than it's gained in it's entire lifespan before that.

I'm personally cashed out now as this is how i always expected the end of the bubble to be, the reason people sell alts is because if you're left holding alts at the end of this shit you're double fucked atleast if you have btc you have a chance to get out in time.

Good luck anons (the bubble could be today or at 100k or even 1mil no one knows, not trying to fud)

I hate myself for being late to this thing. I'm not a normie, but I literally never heard of bitcoin or crypto till 1 month ago. I've had like 12k sitting in my bank, and I've always wanted to use it in something but I didn't know what. Banks are so shit that they literally don't give you even enough money to make up for the inflation.

Pretty much, it's nice to have dreams

Remember when ICOs gave ridiculous gains? When "mooning" was 10xing, not a 15% gain? I'll never forgive myself for playing shy during this golden age.

>because if you're left holding alts at the end of this shit you're double fucked
There are alts with actual use you moron

They're still tied to BTC, so if (when) BTC falls to the ground, all alts will fall with it and stay in a crypto winter for probably years.

What is an alt with an actual use? That can be used right now? I'm thinking hard. A use other than what bitcoin is used for 'store of value'.

This. Pic related was my blockfolio in early May. Basically all of the coins were increasing around 5-20% a day every day, with only one or 2 days in the week being slightly red. Money was pouring into alts and bitcoin was staying stable and slowly rising. You could put in as much money as you wanted on basically any decent alt and you'd almost certainly make a profit.

Those were the golden times. Now you have to be extremely careful when choosing which alts you invest in

You buy alts because they have larger room for growth. You're not going to see monthly exponential climbs on Bitcoin ever again, at least not until the halving and following deflation. This means if you want to see your money grow in a reasonable time, Bitcoin isn't the place to go with it.

>all alts will fall with it
Yes.
>stay in a crypto winter for probably years
Lmao, not happening. Crypto is far beyond mere speculation. Either bitcoin crashes and people realize that it was a shitcoin all along and invest into some actually useful tech (ETH, ARK, XMR etc.) or they don't, and we'll return to "normal" as we always did.

Most are in development. The fuck do you expect? We're early adopters. The technology is there and it works. It's only a matter of picking the team that can deliver and you're in lamboland.

That’s what I thought too but it is precisely this thinking that is why I’ve lost so much realized gains.

If I had held BTC instead of alt trading from 2 months ago I’d be worth way more now. Fuck my life.

You could have held shitcoin X and outperform BTC. What's your point? Hindsight 20/20, brainlet.

I got into crypto in august when btc was around 2k iirc, fucked up when I forgot about crypto because I was busy with other shit then came back a few weeks ago when it was at 7k, fucked up again by not buying

Monero and ltc (kind of alt) held up well.