Ethereum

I thought I'd make a quality thread for once. I normally never post here but you guys are hilarious.

For those of you that like long-term holds, it's my opinion that now is the time to switch from BTC to ETH. With Coinbase adding ERC20 tokens in the future (no date publicly set), Coinbase's CEO holding more ETH than BTC (he knows what's coming), ETH scaling coming up (very long-term), and BTC nearing the top of its bubble, it's only a matter of time before the normies will need to find an alternative source of the amazing gains that bitcoin will soon run out of. Although I'm bullish on BTC as well, BTC cannot provide >1000+% per year forever.

As per the attached image, you can see that if ETH/BTC manages to make it to the middle of its long-term channel in 2018, it will put ETH = ~0.18 BTC. Assuming BTC is something very conservative/reasonable such as $20K USD, that would put ETH at $3600 per, resulting in a +620% increase from its current value.

Not only is the ETHBTC chart looking amazing, but the ETHUSD chart looks just as good. ETH just broke its ATH and broke out of all long-term resistance, now exceeding $500 on bitfinex, putting it in uncharted territory. Those that made very large gains recently on coins such as BTC, LTC, XMR, IOTA, are all looking for a new coin to get some amazing returns on.

If ETH investors get extremely lucky, it's possible ETH could perform even better than this, resulting in +1000% or better returns over the next 0-3 years. Regardless it can be good to have a diversified portfolio that is properly hedged against potential intra-crypto risks.

Good luck my friends, I welcome any discussion on Ethereum.

muh dik

I hope you're right, I moved my BTC last week to ETH at a shitty conversion of like 0.032 per

i agree

If you're long-term, it's important not to fret over it. You won't be able to convert at the perfect low, but in the long-term that difference of 5% or 20% won't matter compared to the 500% that you make.

It's always nice to have a bit of each currency regardless though.

based. I got 260 with an avg cost of $55 each, so I am looking forward to being a millionaire in 2 years. I can't wait to see the pink wojaks from all the bcore cucks once ETH starts to really prove how far behind the btc blockchain is.

> Assuming BTC is something very conservative/reasonable such as $20K USD
Opinion=discarded
Bitcoin will be rougly at 2k

I hate bitcoin as much as the next person but with wall street coming in, the BTC prices will probably stabilize and grow at boomer-tier rates year over year.

OP is not a faggot

The top of the channel could put ETH at around 1 ETH = 1 BTC next year as well. This would likely take some very weird events to cause it, involving a mass migration from users from BTC to ETH, or some other type of unprecedented event, so it's a lot harder to predict.

To be honest, If you legitimately think BTC will be $2K next year, it might be in your interest to just exit the cryptocurrency markets completely until then.

This is also a good point. Future markets are very good at stablizing the volatility in the underlying asset. If there's enough actors peforming arbitrage (which there likely will be) on the BTC future vs BTC swap, it could be the case that BTC's days of high volatility come to an end, at least partially.

With that said, it's likely ETH futures may come at some point in 2018 too. Not that that means the price will go down or not go up - but it might be a bit more stable and sane.

where do you see it against BTC by EOY?
it's taken a bit of a beating lately.

Bought 100k link

Currently 88% btc, 8%iota, 3% Monaco, and rest Req, what do you think would be a good mix to get some ether when it dips?

What I hate is that ETH moon missions quickly retrace to old prices after it stalls at the top for a few minutes. People take profits early and ride it back to the bottom

Pretty hard to predict. My guess is likely as good as anyone elses, but I'd think it will turn out a little bit higher than we are now, but probably not by too much. I'm mostly making a long-term bet here though, I'm willing to hold this ratio into the red for awhile.

Since you're mostly in BTC, keep in mind the chart I posted is the ratio. So you're buying ETH at the cheapest its ever been (for your BTC) in many months. I think that definitely counts as a dip. It's nice to at least have a nonzero amount of ETH regardless, it's absolutely a key player in the crytocurrency market.

It's been having a rough time recently, that's true. Some key factors might include ICOs selling off very large amounts of ETH (like EOS, but many many others) and the fact that some other currencies like BTC are going mainstream so hard. One other important factor is that we all know ETH went up way way too quickly, so quickly that it needed to relax for at least several months before we can get amazing returns on it again. It might not be completely done relaxing just yet, but if it finishes, then we all know where it's heading.

Sup skelly

let me get your email or something mate, you seem very informed on the market and i'm looking to get into it myself..
yes I did my own research but it's a lot more simple to me when someone can explain present-day changes

ethereum is producing more tx's per day then btc by far. literally double these days. ethereum is proving itself agile and resilient, we are back to less then 10 gwei gas price per tx to be included within a block or two. source ethgasstation.info

ethereum miners upped the gas limit, and thus we can preform alot more now. ethereum network is very resilient and agile, self evolving and is proving itself amazingly!

Hey man, you seem to know your stuff, can you give a bit of insight into the potential in crypto daytrading?

What is a realistic daily or monthly gain one can achieve with a well diversified TA based daytrading portfolio?

I'm a finance graduate doing my CFA, I taught university level maths as a side job in the past years, and since I love programming and the technology in blockchain I think I'm going to try to get good at TA. I can also control my emotions to an eery level, maybe thats the reason I don't really have relationships...

So I've heard people claim even 8% gains daily, is that sustainable if someone's really good? I think I might be good at this, looking at graphs move up and down makes me feel calm and at peace

Don't have an email to give out, sorry. Just here since it's anonymous, my favorite kind of communication.

I like TA but you can't really predict much with it. It can give you a really good feel for how the market performs and how investors feel, and when you're used to looking at a lot of things I think you get a bit better at predicting things unconsciously. Your gut feeling might slowly change from "completely worthless" to "sometimes not worthless" - which is a lot better than it sounds. Even the most amazing traders are wrong often.

I don't know if I'd suggest any day-trading to almost anyone. You'll have to learn a lot (and you generally learn by losing money) to be decent at it, and it can be very addicting and stressful. 8% gains every day is definitely an absurd claim - if that compouns just think, after 100 days they'd have 1.08^100 = a 2200X return. If you think you are better than all the rest then do simulations with day trading. If you can make money day after day after day on average, then maybe give it a real shot.

Else, it's best to hoard your cryptocurrencies like ETH and BTC - treat them just as you would precious metals like gold and silver, you never know what they'll be worth in a year or more.

Thanks for the input friend, I have around 70k USD invested in big gainers like ETH and BTC, and I think I'll start daytrading with some 10k change that I can lose without being too annoyed.

RSI: Oversold
Stoch: Oversold
Volume: Low
Positive since late 2016

You user nailed it, good to have you around m8. keep it up! Almost lost hope in /biz