There are people on this very board that looks at fiat value while trading shitcoins

There are people on this very board that looks at fiat value while trading shitcoins

Let's laugh at them
Ahhahahahahahhahahaha

same people that will ask how to cash out.

I know what you mean. People who are saying Litecoin is mooning when it's really down 2x its ATH in BTC, and the trend is down.

Fiat value is what you look at when you have given up. Just look at the eth fags. All they do is talk about USD now. What happened to muh flippening? Sad

>BTC pairings matter

Lol I love this meme

Kinda wish it did tbqhf

Do you measure all stocks in how many AAPL shares they're worth?

Hey there is one

Hahahaha

btc AND usd will be in the trash soon. find value or die.

Do you buy other stocks with aapl?

I don't understand this logic. When you buy a stock you don't compare each one to your best performing stock do you?
Fiat is the currency with the most liquidity and therefore what everyone should be measuring all their gains against. I don't buy shitcoins to outperform BTC, I have them for diversification in an already volatile market.
If you're looking at your shitcoins in BTC then you won't make it.

When I cash out, I'm not cashing out into BTC, I'm cashing out into fiat. That's why it matters.

Which is why it's a meme, it's p funny one.

it's free money who cares about bitcoin value

It's a shit meme that serves as a trap for retards. Constantly trading back and forth into BTC and putting it on a pedestal, causing the ponzi to continue inflating. BTC pairings should be removed.

Sad to think I was a USD "investor" a few mere months ago. Looking at all the sats I lost falling for the holding meme kills me.

If we live from trading or support life on trading, we give less than two shits about sat prices. We want american shekels, faggot.

>buy tardcoin
>literally zero trading volume so price remains static
>bitcoin goes up 10%
>"wow this tardcoin is a great buy, already up 10%"

Better yet

>buy tardcoin with btc
>sat value falls while btc moons
>Hey guys tardcoin survived the pump I'm breaking even

>fiat value doesn't matter because muh bubblecoin that keeps going up in fiat value haha

I see the fiat value meme in increasingly nervous and deluded bagholder communities the most. mETHheads are pretty bad, but no one even comes close to linkfags. Chainink is the best thing to happen to this board, somehow every retard who just got into crypto and knows nothing about the market tbought it and keeps holding it. Natural selection at its finest.
>look guys link has gone up to 30 cents so I'm only down 25% in fiat value, we're all going to make it
>meanwhile Chad and his frat boys bought bitcoin on coinbase after seeing it on the news and they're up 200% in fiat

>Using BTC, an asset that frequently shifts +/- 20% in value in a single day, to price things

Fucking brainlet. Measuring in BTC is completely useless without knowing BTC/USD at the same time. Measuring in an actual stable currency that holds its value - such as USD - just allows you to skip a step.

I do on higher value coins and sat in shit coins

you trade against bitcoin. bitcoin si the metric that determines the success of your investment into alts, at least until there are more fiat trading pairs added.

of course bitcoin price is a consideration, but i'll cash that out as and when i feel is right.
fiat is not stable, buying power in real terms has reduced significantly in the last 5-10years.

the only reason you trade shitcoins is to stack more BTC. Get that through your head you fagot. Thats why people say holding BTC is the best strat

i don't buy anything with BTC it's slow as fuck to move across exchanges
pic related
its u

what is a sat?

I can't wait until BTC crashes and all you fuckheads are left still measuring your performance against it

>people unironically value things in BTC, not realising that BTC is antiquated and will crash to nothing sooner or later but altcoins that serve real world functions will retain their inherent value

>inherent value

>real world functions

Unlike BTC

i'll switch to eth, ltc, bch, iota, neo or whatever is popular if that happens. maybe back to fiat. i'm way ahead of where i started, i can take a hit.

regardless, you traded poorly if your shitcoin is now worth 5% more $ but 10% less btc.

Everyone is waiting for btc to crash so they can make more btc with the alts.
YOu fucking retard.
>Muh USD
I also can't wait for btc to crash so all you newfag and normies get the fuck out of crypto

How tall are you?

Who cares what you buy stocks with? Even if you could buy stocks with AAPL it wouldn't fucking matter. You're still comparing one intangible thing with another.

I want to buy property. I want to buy food. I want to buy a car. I want to buy movie tickets. I need dollars for that.

If BTC is all that matters you'd never cash out - EVER. "Cashing out" would be a meaningless phrase - in fact, it'd be only logical to think that you'd "cash out" your dollars for the true currency: BTC. Have fun spending it.

you dumb motherfucker, inter-coin value is literally derived from fiat value

>People literally and unironically measure their portfolio is one of the slowest, worst and most illiquid cryptocurrencies that exist right now

If you insist on measuring your portfolio in non-fiat, at least do it in ETH you fucking deluded buttcoiners.

If BTC crashes to ridiculous lows, everything is just going to adopt other trading pairs and BTC will just be a piece of shit forever. Good luck with your satoshi hoarding brainlet.

yeah this, i literally buy neo at antshares prices from siummer because i bought bitcoin in june and still use that same bitcoin to trade

At my peak iI was at 1.08 bitcoin. Now I’m at .75. My fiat value has gone up more than double since then. But That’s over $4,000 USD in value I lost out on because I didn’t care about satoshis. It’s a total noob move and I see a lot of them in this thread and the new members on board in general. Instead of learning and taking advice they’d rather shut down and fling shit. Let em stay poor, I learned. Not all do.

There's always a pajeet pump and dump scam coin that is outperforming BTC so why didn't you just buy those? Why do you care about sats? You missed out on tens of thousands if you would have just measured against super new dehli coins

Volatility is high, so yeas that’s the case. But I plan to cash out when bitcoin is at a high price. So I’d like to accumulate Sats, hoping that it’ll pay off. If and when alts price stops being so racked onto bitcoin then so may change my strategy.

As long as you realize that accumulating sats is ONLY beneficial if you truly and whole heartedly believe that the value of bitcoin is going to keep going up (I personally don't, so I don't measure in sats). Sat hoarding was a great idea earlier, I don't think it is so much anymore. This "heh, he le doesn't measure in terms of BTC" meme is trash and no longer holds any legitimacy with how unsure BTC is right now with normie influx, being in a bubble, and BTC futures.

I buy and hold alts despite the fact they suffer because of bitcoin and just buy more on the fiat dips - because I know that long term they have a value because of the functionality they provide and Bitcoin won't be around forever.

Just let them lose money. People are retarded. More money for us.

Newfags are going to newfag.

Some of you are so fucking stupid. If you are day trading based on charts then yes, you should look at the btc value because all coins are traded against btc, so everyone day trading based on patterns is looking at the btc charts.

If you are investing for long or even mid term then you should use fiat because that's how everyone values a company. We look at a company and say ok it's value is 200 million and it should be 400 million so it's undervalued right now so I'll invest. No one values companies in bitcoin. No one thinks company a has a 2000 btc value, but it should be 4000 btc.

i think in that way because at some point i'd like to actually cash out unlike you bag holders

You don't lose anything if BTC triples and your alts only double you brainlet. You still have two times the money you had. You just miss out on potential gains.

Altcoin FUD on the same level as the critically autistic chipmunk poster. You should all be measuring your coins value in Monero anyway.

>No one thinks company a has a 2000 btc value, but it should be 4000 btc.
Especially because of the volatility of BTC and even if people did talk in these prediction values, they would mean nothing since term the price of a BTC is pointless because of how much it shifts.

if you held your original btc you bought the coin with you would instead have 4x or 6x the coin. Jesus christ you niggers are so fucking braindead i swear.

>I can predict the future

Why not?

I don't want to decipher how much 0.001413513562613636546262736216256161362462 BTC is everytime I check my blockfolio.

If you would have bought bitcoin in 2010 you would be a millionaire now so I guess any gain you make now is ACTUALLY a loss right?

>what is a sat
Google is your friend for crypto currency questions
It is basically a fraction of a bitcoin, satoshi is the full name

if you buy something for 1000 sats and then sell it for 500 then yeah you can still lose money. math doesnt just magically change when you are rich.

Found the manlet

Your whole argument is based around 20/20 hindsight instead of risk minimization.

>"You COULD have done this to earn more money!"
Yeah no shit sherlock, unfortunately we don't have future-telling crystal balls. You could have made made x10 more than BTC if you would have only JUST invested in pajeet dump and dumps and timed them correctly - but you didn't so I guess you actually made a loss.

one btc only has 8 decimals. if 8 decimals are confusing to you, you are in the wrong field.

two. you dont even have to pay attention to all 8. once it gets past the 4 decimal it doesnt change much.

three. you are still trading in crypto when you go to an exchange like bittrex, binance, cryptopia, yobit, coinexchange, and liqui. Try to find a usd pair for the shitcoin you want to buy. dont worry ill wait.

four. 1btc will always. ALWAYS. be worth 1 btc.

1 btc=1 btc

ONE BTC = ONE BTC

.000001 btc = .000001 btc

They will always be equal every single time. regardless of fiat.

so when you trade 1 btc for .5 btc, its the same as when you buy something at 5000 sats and sell it for 3000 sats.

5000 sats will always be equal to 5000 sats

I have no idea how much clearer I have to be

>three. you are still trading in crypto when you go to an exchange like bittrex, binance, cryptopia, yobit, coinexchange, and liqui. Try to find a usd pair for the shitcoin you want to buy. dont worry ill wait.

>"Hmm, my alts are now worth X amount of BTC or ETH. Let me check how much fiat that is. Better yet, let me check my portfolio app since it does it for me. Great I made a gain, now I can cash out my BTC or ETH and buy something."

Why is this difficult to understand?

>four. 1btc will always. ALWAYS. be worth 1 btc.
Except no one measures BTC against BTC, it's measured against fiat.

Well I only buy shitcoins with the fiat gains I get from margin trading. So doesnt really matter lad.
Its easier to profit with fiat pairs by the way..

alright. your right user.

hey lets play a game.

here is my btc wallet.

3CFLqWshAH2UayNMAQfNikNqByR1PJQgua

why dont you send me 1btc. ill send you back .75

that way next week when btc is worth over 20k and that .75 is worth 19k you can tell your normie friends about all the money you made trading crypto.

keep buying high and selling low

>make gains trading alt/fiat pair
>put the gains into btc during a dip
>or use gains to increase your altcoin holdings
Theres a reason any alt with a fiat pair sees more volume than the btc pair..

>that way next week when btc is worth over 20k
So you admit your entire argument is based around not only hindsight, but complete guessing. Nice to know mate. I am sure your friends can't wait to hear about your strategy.

What is ATH? Pls no bully

shitcoin

If you had bought iota on 16th of june, you would be up over 2500% instead of the 700% from holding btc.
Hindsight my dick out of ur mums ass fagget

yes user. that is called a good trade. you bought low and sold high.

guess what you are trading back into. spoiler alert. it isnt usd.

its fucking bitcoin/ethereum/litecoin.

THEN you can trade it for normie bucks. THEN and only then.

ARK Trading House

"All time high"

Exactly user! Anyone who doesn't measure their performance against iota is truly a crypto noob

Us adults have to pay our rent and bills with fiat, you wouldn't understand, child.

You have to remember that we're all degenerate gamblers and btc/ltc/eth is just a stepping stone to chase pump and dumps on yobit. As long as you're up from original investment is all good.

Sad to see how far btc has fallen

>year 2012
>btc will replace the dollar for transactions! Muh world currency!

>current year
>muh digital gold! Muh store of value! Hoard satoshis!

Meanwhile the so-called store of value regularly rises and dips 25%+ within hours. So I want to store 25k worth of value, I buy btc. And then 12 hours later it's swung between 18k and 32k? Yeah okay.

This retarded "hoard satoshis" meme will die out soon enough. All it will take is alts rising up, more fiat/Alt pairs coming online, or btc stagnating/dipping. Then it will be some other new retarded pathetic meme to keep people buying the ATH on their dumb shitcoin

Here are some harsh facts

>Bankers have their claws fully into btc now with futures
>The community is split and constantly fights
>Btc is inferior tech, more expensive to transfer than any Alt in the top 100
>The narrative keeps changing as to why people should buy btc
>btc dominance is on a long, steady decline
>even if btc hits 100k, ark only needs to hit $25 to surpass the gains. Do the math for other coins. Big fucking deal, btc ran up from 17k to 90k. Link mooned from 25c to $10, and you were busy hoarding satoshis.

Fuck btc. Screencap this

Homer's brain is right

this, so I been thinking its more about comparing rates of changes bewteen currencies, and its simpler to thinkg about a bitoinc pair than 3 or 4 rates that could get the most out of your situation.