Accidental Magical Girl CYOA: Spooky Edition

Welcome to the Accidental Magical Girl thread!

Various worlds and multiverses have become connected together via the mysterious Overcity, a sprawling landscape inhabited by monsters and magical beings. Girls and boys endowed with their new supernatural powers can work together solving conflicts that arise!

>This is NOT a greentext adventure style CYOA with one GM and thread posting to dictate the adventure, but rather a hub thread for multiple storycrafters to use.

This thread houses three systems: First, QuasarBlack's CYOA PDFs which may be used as writing prompts. Second, AMGC which expands on the CYOA character creation and provides rules for combat. Finally, the SCS is an alternative to AMGC with a similar purpose. IRC uses mostly AMGC and Discord uses mostly SCS.

Post builds, roleplay, write stuff.

1.51 CHANGELOG: pastebin.com/ub28mT8t

CYOA Stuff:
Writefag Archive: pastebin.com/rSvTGQzP
Magical Girl Images: mega.nz/#F!xINWxCqY!HsVA2LnU9RDMMmZieoqv9w
1.51 Changelog: pastebin.com/ub28mT8t

IRC on Rizon:
OOC Chat: #MGCYOA
In Character RP Pub: #TheWand&Circlet
IC Campaigns: #MGChronicle or #MGPnP
IC Shenanigans: #Overcity
IC Cafe: #MGCafe
rizon.net/chat
Linkboard: titanpad.com/RWlqAHmERq

The Discord Server for Roleplaying and Campaigns:
discord.gg/S2kqw

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/X0Ngy7zY
pastebin.com/cTL5Ptpa
pastebin.com/LFmGNMBq
pastebin.com/cbcBUc03
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K_6DplVo1_Kq2orPNUkVEmZb-4edqGBGase2ImIDLQs/edit?usp=sharing
orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps
pastebin.com/ZvxkyAbH
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/
titanpad.com/FUjuIO6cfH
pastebin.com/jCStZAqq
drive.google.com/open?id=11e88asWSMIIxB-iX7c5QX1j6pRcXWXAg0DTrLuOGVWo
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ugcJa0fs2KkZ-oXy7kexzqAySUzsbUJ42GydS_kV_w/
pastebin.com/ArCvYAPt
pastebin.com/3rwLq8TT
pastebin.com/FJwNH5Fz
titanpad.com/AMGC1-14Vote
pastebin.com/kVJmwcj3
pastebin.com/wTMU8JjX
pastebin.com/pzKwa1kD
pastebin.com/WpKxFQd9
pastebin.com/9qFcbzN0
pastebin.com/teUgkHyS
pastebin.com/nNqnESfz
pastebin.com/V2X9itz0
discord.gg/8BGtX
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The CYOA's Patron Module, which determines just who bestows your character's magical abilities. But be wary, for not all of these patrons are after your best interests...

The SCS was made as an addon to the CYOA to cover the combat side of roleplaying. It allows players to easily take characters made in the CYOA v1.5 and use them in Quests and long-running campaigns alike.

This PDF covers the basics of magical girls and sets the groundwork for updates and addons.

>Errata for 1.6
Core p.15: Add the following Outfit Enhancement. "Spellweaver - Increase your Spell Rating by 5 while equipped."
Core p.19: Spell Rating is calculated by adding your MAG and your highest stat together.
O&C, F&F p.8: If someone has both Marked and Minions, their Minions are immune to their own summoner's Marked ability.

>Addons to the SCS, including the Patron expansion and GM's Guide
pastebin.com/X0Ngy7zY

>Mirrors: pastebin.com/cTL5Ptpa
>Changelog: pastebin.com/LFmGNMBq
>Previous Versions: pastebin.com/cbcBUc03
>Character Sheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K_6DplVo1_Kq2orPNUkVEmZb-4edqGBGase2ImIDLQs/edit?usp=sharing

This PDF is for AMGC 1.131.
It features 10 additional powers and 20 extra perks, as well as combat actions, point buy, and more.

>Character generator for AMGC, made by Doxy using RandomGen by Orteil.
Just one click and your mahou will be finished!
orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps

>Add-Ons to AMGC Core including the Corruption, Fusion, and Puchuu docs, now in one semi-convenient spot!
pastebin.com/ZvxkyAbH

>Character sharing thing made by emperor_
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/

>Spec Trees (spells for all 19 normal Specializations, updated often):
titanpad.com/FUjuIO6cfH

>Magic overhaul by Drakon in progress. Teaser located here: pastebin.com/jCStZAqq

>Torque's Google Docs Character Sheet
drive.google.com/open?id=11e88asWSMIIxB-iX7c5QX1j6pRcXWXAg0DTrLuOGVWo

>AMGC Character Archive:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ugcJa0fs2KkZ-oXy7kexzqAySUzsbUJ42GydS_kV_w/

>Mirrors: pastebin.com/ArCvYAPt
>Changelog: pastebin.com/3rwLq8TT
>Previous Versions: pastebin.com/FJwNH5Fz

>Updates in progress:
titanpad.com/AMGC1-14Vote

All Add-Ons for both the SCS and AMGC are also linked here and below for further convenience.

AMGC Corruption Module, for mechanics of a monstrous nature.

AMGC Fusion, for magical girls that are truly inseparable. At least, as long as the fusion lasts.
Hint: it's not long.

The AMGC Puchuu Expansion, for the myriad creatures that seek to instruct or command most magical girls.

The SCS Order & Chaos, Friend & Foe expansion, for adapting patrons to SCS play, a basic bestiary, and creating dark magical or monster girl characters.

The SCS Worlds & Wishes supplement, for directly adapting AMGC characters into the SCS, getting advice on GMing, plenty of optional rules, and more. A FAQ is also included for some common questions.

Last thread we discussed the possibility of a Halloween event.

What exactly would people be interested in seeing? Obviously something spooky, but what sorts of things should be on or off the table?

Right now I've got some plot drummed up about a haunted mansion, some skeletal troubles, and a mummy MonG causing trouble.

In the last thread we were discussing the potential for a Halloween Event centered around small and connected campaigns run by a collaborative of several GMs and many parties. Suggested themes so far include, I believe, a haunted house, a cheesy garage haunted house, and a shopping mall trick-or-treat event, all taking place in the Overcity.

It's been suggested that whatever happens a fluffy (Treat) and/or bloody (Trick) route are available to accommodate all types of players.

>Would this be for the Discord or the irc?
With multiple GMs there's no reason it couldn't be for both. Such an event would be modular and there's no reason it couldn't include our whole RPing community.

Coordinating between two different platforms may be difficult if it's a multiple DM affair. I think it's best to brainstorm in the thread and let the GMs for each community pick what they'd like to do.

I would bring up again the suggestion last thread that the event be essentially non-lethal. It might halve the dramatic tension but I agree with the logic behind it. More people would participate if they weren't worried about losing their PC.

We could make it somewhat like a fair. Each GM is running a "booth" which contains some unknown horror and/or a tea party with pumpkins.

This would help both with getting multiple GMs out there, as well as let people pick the stuff they want to do without forcing a GM to sacrifice from their session's vision.

There's plenty of options for "Trick" routes, but what sort of stuff should people expect for "Treat" routes?

Slice of life fun. Applebobbing, costume contests, trucing with monsters over candy or pumpkin spiced cider. Y'know, fun stuff.

corrupt reinforcement with a Machiavellian plot is best reinforcement

Could corrupt reinforcement de-age someome? Or age them more?

I'm not sure how Aging factors into the equation, user.

Aging could be counted as super healing or reinforcing the body.
I only want to know if it's possible.

I could see "Unhealing" involving regular aging someone, in terms age being a thing resulting from/in "sucking the vitality out of someone". This is most useful when your chara/story already hints at themes or symbols from cultures that used "vitality" and "youth" interchangeable like, I have a hunch, the culture most of our classical source-material on the modern vampire comes from. Not to be ageist or anything but *implies youth is the default form of a proper and healthy human being and that older people are just defective models of the otherwise perfect human form*

Actually I can see a handful of classic gothic horror stories having been about supernatural people/demons/monsters who can suck the youth out of others.

I can see how de-aging could be seen as healing in the same way I guess, but IMO it's more of a stretch.

In anime *looks at Sailor Moon* de-aging or age-swapping is seen as a power-down kinda thing? Like leveling the human back down to the abilities they had as a child? Dragon Ball, i think one episode of Sailor Moon i haven't even seen wherein Usagi and Chibi swap ages... Yep! *slams book* I'm pretty sure that's a thing!

but why

Because that's my fetish.

I need pictures, pictures of puchuus!

What the fresh hell did you just do

Rolled 4, 13, 20, 16, 20, 15, 6, 16, 2, 4, 6 = 122 (11d20)

Has your girl ever used her powers for financial gain?

>saying "what" instead of "why"
>is perfectly acceptable and an understandable mistake

well
I mean law of sexy is a powerful thing

Rolled 17, 15, 14, 13, 19, 3, 4, 7, 20, 3, 1, 9 = 125 (12d20)

Link change.
>Addons to the SCS, including the Patron expansion and GM's Guide
pastebin.com/kVJmwcj3

>Mirrors: pastebin.com/wTMU8JjX
>Changelog: pastebin.com/pzKwa1kD
>Previous Versions: pastebin.com/WpKxFQd9

Also put up the CYOA.
>Addons for the CYOA, currently only the Patron Module
pastebin.com/9qFcbzN0

>Mirrors: pastebin.com/teUgkHyS
>Changelog: pastebin.com/nNqnESfz
>Previous Versions: pastebin.com/V2X9itz0

I don't actually have anything left on the CYOA prior to 1.51 so if anyone wants to fill me in with old files and changelogs there'll actually be things in those pastebins.

Rolled 13, 14, 9, 18, 19, 6, 19, 14, 14, 19, 16 = 161 (11d20)

Here we GOOOOOOOOO

What's the best system?

Depends on what you want to do.

AMGC's best for short-term pick-up play.
The SCS is best for long-term campaigns and character building.

were you... trying to start shit?

I am in agreement with these two responses.

Please, no.

Rolled 2, 5, 3, 18, 19, 11, 14, 1, 9, 12, 15 = 109 (11d20)

This seems complicated

Light-hearted Trick or Treating quest for the younger girls.
Spookier haunted house halloween party for the older girls.

Rolled 11, 18, 15, 16, 14, 20, 20, 10, 15, 10, 7 = 156 (11d20)

Let's go

Are these mahou?

How does your mahou get spooky?

Rolled 17, 12, 8, 7, 10, 14, 14, 20, 2, 10, 14, 17 = 145 (12d20)

Rolled 1, 12, 8, 18, 11, 19, 14, 13, 9, 17, 5, 4 = 131 (12d20)

Is kiminomimi permanent or can I turn it off?

You can turn it on and off

How does your mahou like to take down her enemies?

By running away.

Real talk, Zephyr Edge prefers a "dancing blade" approach, outspeeding and outswording her enemies.

Why do have a different author than ? Are they fanon supplements or some shit?
They seem broken but look official so I'm confused. If I want to use one or all of them can I?

The community has been adding onto AMGC for a while, I can't remember the story exactly, but I think AMGC's original author(s) stopped working on it quite some time ago. So far all of them are acceptable if you the AMGC system, atleast from what I know.

-and yes, Fusion is broken, this has came up numerous times. No one really makes use of the Puchuu mechanics as far as I know, but they probably should. You're generally supposed to be the bad guy or be quite the dick if your corrupted, most people seem to ignore that or don't do it enough.

>if you the AMGC system
*if you use the AMGC system

if you're in a yaoi it'll turn itself on and off as per the situation's cuteness and the mangaka's fetish, taste, and laziness

but a chainsaw is definitely an option if you wanna get all edgy on us without actually commenting on or explaining the cultural phenomena you're aledgedly deconstruting. meguka is made of that shit, BAY~BE.

srssly tho cutting of your kawaii stylized ears would be a GREAT halloween celebration for your mahou

She doesn't.

She runs or just gives them what they want and hope they go away.

actually considering the considerable guarantee I have been given that 99% of black coins are used as a bad excuse for OP charas I'm amazing so few people are utilizing Fusion and Puchuuspancion in a similar fashion. maybe it's actually about edginess? are we all just trying to play nice goth kids???

>Fusion

Isn't it not worth it most of the time given the Fusion is only going to fall apart in a round or two and leave you without magic for a whole day?

That doesn't sound useful in the slightest and makes me question why anyone would want to do it.

Super buff, super bouncy, super tanky with fists. She just FUCKIN. HITS. THEM. UNTIL. THEY. DOWN. That's her #1 strategy. Then wonders what the ramification of beating them were, and why meguka exist, maybe in shallow and confused afterthoughts.

Occasionally her fear and hesitation force her to hold back for just a moment and, in mere split seconds of what could be called self awareness, utilize actual fuckin strategy as an excuse not avoid going head-on. Good thing to or she'd be dead.

>OP charas

Like who?

I have yet to see one that is OP as much as people belly ache about that.

There was a Monster Girl fight a while back, the normal Mahou (I think it was a boy) was giving it their all. It became obvious wasn't working, and then another Monster Girl who was his(?) friend got in and shit went in their favour fast. That experience alone bothered me.

Interesting... okay tbank you.
I see references to a black coin in the monsters pdf, but don't see a rule for it? Did I overlook?

As far as I can tell that only happens if you don't fuse with a friend and the power I rolled negates it I guess. I don't see why I wouldn't use it if the penalties don't apply.

The writer of the corruption module for one. He was a total dickhead who only played monstergirls. Whined every time someone tried to make a suggestion to balance his project, and made a cute commie loli plaayer quit the irc permanently. Others have followed that trend and done dumb shit with monsters like having them spy invisibly in the pub . Even the irc mods are guilty of breaking the meta game by building their characters to do things like that.

Monster girls in AMGC always have been and always will be a problem because there's no reason not to play them. According to the rules you don't even need to act like a monster, and in return for roleplaying NOTHING different than usual you get free stats and a handful of completely broken abilities.

If you aren't noticing that happening in the rp on a usual basis I suggest you read more carefully.

Friendly reminder to report shitposts.

Fusion is getting reworked according to a proposal made by Torque that seemed less broken.

>As far as I can tell that only happens if you don't fuse with a friend and the power I rolled negates it I guess. I don't see why I wouldn't use it if the penalties don't apply.
Penalties apply for fusing with friends unless you're really close. Even most romantic relationships generally aren't close enough until you've been dating for years, or you're married.

>I see references to a black coin in the monsters pdf, but don't see a rule for it? Did I overlook?
The Black Coin used to be explained more clearly in the pink pdf, but it got removed after the Patron doc was released. Check the Patron doc for details on that.

Most fights would go in your favor if you received reinforcements.

You don't understand, it was literally two 1v1s. The normal mahou against the Mong was like an annoying fly repeatedly slamming against a person. The Mong(rel) 1v1 was ridiculous, it was like watching two bull elephants with the speed of horses duke it out. That is actually something to behold, in my opinion.

Maybe normal mahous are like, supposed to gang up on MonGs or something.

Could it be that you're supposed to group up against Monsters?

There's so many posts about "waah MonGs kicked my ass in a 1v1" that I have a hard time buying that it's not some next-level shitposting.

ALL of the systems encourage the hell out of grouping up to take down MonGs. If you get into a 1v1 as a normal magical girl, you fucking run or you hope that you can outskill them something fierce.

Designed by committee.

They are all official, though there is an agreement to not use the Fusion doc because it's bonkers.
Puchuu don't come up a lot, so it's hard to tell if nobody's using the doc or if nobody likes them. Patrons feel like more of a DM thing anyway. There's at least one patron plot coming up sooner or more likely later.
The Corruption doc gets a lot of use. Technically you're only supposed to go Super Monster Girl if you roll the black coin, but lots of people just make them. Statistically, not all monster girls could be Mint-allied anyway.

The black coin is in the Patron/Puchuu doc.

Monster girls are strong, they're supposed to be, and it's supposed to be offset by RP compulsions.

"Trick" Side Halloween event is ready to go for the Disco. Gonna get to work on the "Treat" storyline now.

On that note, here's a new link: discord.gg/8BGtX

Oddball(Momentum)
>Stat Gain: +2 AGI; +1 (any)

Spells:
>Running in the 90s - (Passive) - OpR, If your Initiative is 90-99, you can perform two different Active or Speed abilities as the same action. You can't mix Active and Speed abilities using this ability. You can't use this ability with "Gifted". You must still pay costs for those abilities as normal. Each time you use this ability in an encounter, decrease your Initiative by 5.
>Slipstream - (Reactive) - Re: When you deal damage with an ability to a foe with more Initiative than you, increase your Initiative by half of the difference in Initiative or 5, whichever is higher.
>Rev Match Stroke - (Active; Attack-like) - Attack a Target, using your Initiative for damage calculation instead. After applying DEF/EVA, if you would deal damage, reduce that damage to 0. During the Target's next turn, they cannot deal damage if that damage is not within 10 points of the amount of damage they would have taken.
>Shift Up - (Speed) - SP 2. Increase your current Initiative by a value equal to your AGI.
>Downshift - (Speed) - SP 1. OpT. Reduce your current Initiative by 25. Gain 2 MS.

r8 & h8

>Maybe normal mahous are like, supposed to gang up on MonGs or something.

Yes, but good luck when there are more Monster Girls than Magical Girls.

>when there are more MonGs than Mahous
I feel like this is a skewed statistic. I did a survey a while back and it seemed to be a pretty even 60/40 split of Magical Girls to Monster Girls.

Nobody fucking plays DMGs in either system, as best as I can tell.

I don't know the system, but if the ability has that many 'you can't use this and ,' it's bad.

Also never ever make a power based around a major property in physics.

It's because Gifted lets you combine two spells with the same timing as one spell. It's to prevent you from shooting 4 spells at the same time, because that's TOO crazy.

The bit about not mixing Active/Speed is because the SCS' rule writing is done with powergamers going "well it doesn't say I CAN'T" in mind.

You're right, though. It's a bit cloggy. I'll try to reword it or just remake it outright.

DMGs aren't as much fetish bait and mongs are superior in every way. Statically, mechanically, and conceptually. You can make a mong magical realm with ease and that's a big lure to it. If you make a succubi mong no one will bat an eye, but a succubi dmg will have people criticizing you.

>No dominator DMG with a Lance as her Black Weapon.

:,0 Thank you so much!

I'm v excited!

You can have that as a regular Magical Girl can't you?

I recall there being at least one Magical Girl with horns.

She was a purified Monster Girl. The player opted to keep the horns for cosmetic effect.

There was another. A spirit girl who showed up in the pub making trouble.

>Try to come up with well-written one-shot plot for Treat storyline.
>Draw nothing but blanks and things that bait-and-switch into more Spooky stuff, or stuff that isn't even remotely halloween/day of the dead related.
Welp, it was fun while it lasted.

Anyone know any good mahou-related music?

I've heard Symphogear has some good tracks.

SYMPHOGEAH?!

Rolled 20, 2, 6, 5, 5, 16, 10, 19, 20, 2, 20 = 125 (11d20)

thanks user, I'll check it out

>no QPU movement
0/10

You. I like you.

I'm sure there are some DMGs around.

They just haven't been brought to the fore yet as PCs.

There was a succubus briefly. That character was a lewd lewd person either way.
The most fetish character, the one with the most built in lewd stuff, or at least one of the top two, isn't what certain ... series authors, would call a monster girl, I think. At that point, where we are now, there's really no character you can make that isn't going to be generally accepted.

Well, Monsters can come in a variety of shapes.

Even if that shape isn't that of a Girl.

But are Stands meguca?