Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Chimera edition: what kind of monstrosities do wizards keep as pets in your game?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Kineticists of Porphyra IV: End of an Era playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1XTgiUdDSrTCvATEDeDJ4MnbDgS6KEBLu2e9mjj5fwaw/edit
Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/greater-weapon-of-the-chosen-combat
d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/steel-serpent-maneuvers#TOC-Hooded-Cobra-Attitude
docs.google.com/document/d/16HubBmutUy1muWdRQy09jFtnIE6fa2WUYewK_CM-89Q/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Slips.

I once kept a half elf as a companion. Used to have a half-orc too, but that one had to be put down due to rabies.

If I use Seize The Opportunity to initiate a martial maneuver, can the maneuver be a full-attack maneuver or must it be one with an initiation time of 1 standard action?

>Chimera edition: what kind of monstrosities do wizards keep as pets in your game?
Select a random Kingdom of Life, or if you want Easy Mode, just go Animalia
Then a random Phyla
Then Class
Order
Then finally Family

Repeat as much times as needed

Have Fun

Pretending that Seize the Opportunity did let you do that, or grabbing levels in Landsknecht to do it legally, standard only.

Wait, it doesn't? What does it allow me to use then, other than Vital Strike?

I want to be a Wizard's pet!

Do I need to have visibility on my target if I use wheeling charge against someone I know is around the corner of a building?

In the entire list of my current games with all characters included, we have...

House Centipede, Hedgehog, Psicrystal, Ioun Wyrd, Turtle, and an Otter. Half of those are in one campaign.

>Owlcat

I want one. I want one more than anything.

Which are the shortest modules you can play?
I am looking for stuff of any level you can do in one session, something like voices in the void and stuff, but everything in the trove is 30+

d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/greater-weapon-of-the-chosen-combat
So basically stuff that modifies an attack action as opposed to an attack.

You could even use it to Gaze with d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/steel-serpent-maneuvers#TOC-Hooded-Cobra-Attitude for example.

Despite popular demand I have no yet kicked the bucket. As it has turned out my chest pain is due to asthma and not something related to my heart, which is a relief. I should be able to begin the playtesting soon, and as I am feeling a bit better the archetypes should be done relatively soon (unless I worsen again). Please join the test play folks, I can't run it with only two people.

>DH isn't dead

God bless.

Oh, so I could use Gory Finish, or something like that?

Damn, this really is making it pointless for me to take much strikes on a Warder. Is there any other way I could initiate manuevers as an AoO, other than dipping into Landsknecht?

Your wizards are the monsters

Ranged and exotic weapons now added to the piecemeal system, open for suggestions on expanding it.
docs.google.com/document/d/16HubBmutUy1muWdRQy09jFtnIE6fa2WUYewK_CM-89Q/edit?usp=sharing

I think I found a way to keep my party from turning into amoral loot happy mass murderers. Right now I have them follow a party of murderhobos, trying to fix all the damage they've wrought in each town they pass through.

There's always a helpful constable PC there to tell them about the last party's exploits. (Pic related)

Okay, odd request, but does anybody know any feats (1pp only) that would trigger by having distance between you, or by ping-ponging an enemy between two people?

I'm going to be playing a Warrior of the Holy Light with a buff/debuff aura and a party member is going to be a Shadowcaller Summoner. We'd like some potential feats we could take to give us an advantage if enemies retreat from my aura only to be ambushed in the shadows by him and his shadow monsters. It's more for flavor than anything, but we think it'd be really fun to have something flee the light only to get ripped apart by the darkness outside it. Everything I've looked at though is, unfortunately, adjacent allies, or within 10 feet or something of the like. Anything that rewards making the enemy flee into the arms of your ally?

You're going to be looking exclusively at pfsrd modules.

I really don't understand the bonus slots from quality part.
The only way I can interpret it is that I can put extra blades/hilts/whatever on my weapon, but that makes no sense.

Thanks for the input, I'll try to clarify that. The purpose behind the gem slots was to give a more efficient way to enchant your components while encouraging the stacking of special qualities rather than punishing it like the default enhancement bonuses do (and it's cool to have gem encrusted shit have value). As the document currently reads, there's no way you could know about the changed enhancement system when you first read about the slots.

>GM allows Archetypes with UMonk
Niiiice

>tfw dying
>tfw still trying to find a game to play in
I'd actually feel bad if I was hospitalized and had to skip session, but god damn I want to play.

Oh, I get it now. the 1/+1 notation means 1 component of that type could take a gem slot of up to a +1 enchantment?

My timeslot for this just freed up, so it's something I can try out.
Judging by the 24 player thing, it's a 'drop in when you feel like' deal and not a weekly commitment, right?

Yes exactly. Perhaps having a column for HIT, a column for the one designated non-HIT that gets extra shit (I figure this is usually the hilt or handle), and a column for the other component (if available, probably a grip) would make more sense.

Is it just me or is the Aegis one of the funnest classes ever? It's up there with Alchemist, and that's saying a lot.

Yes, essentially, since it's a test play.

If I could bring a just murdered innocent back to life could I avoid killing the party member that did it? I'm LG and for no reason other than he could, our fighter killed some peasant, I have two days to figure out a solution that isn't RETRIBUTION because that would doom the campaign.

Sucks to your ass-mar! (I'll consider joining your playtest.)

Owlcats are cute. CUTE!

Well, time for me to whip up a gunslinger and see how it goes.

If you want more cowboy and less gadget I suggest playing the Mysterious Stranger.

Nah, gadget stuff sounds cool.
Making it now, don't expect it to be ready for a good few hours.
The long deed/contraption lists are a bit intimidating but I'll make it work.

So assuming you had leadership or slaves and paid for a saddle for an unusual mount, could you ride humanoids into battle?

Yes as long as you are within the carry weight of the creature/slave. Though I imagine you take a hit to your ride checks.

>when your players are all discussing what to do about a plot point in the discord
>you want to give them some extra knowledge
>but that would take away their choice as players
this sucks

Either make the fighter pay for the resurrection plus a little compensation, or if you can't possibly convince him, foot the cost yourself and start training the peasant in secret so that he may one day take bloody vengeance with his own hands. Hopefully after any immediate threats in the campaign that you need the fighter for are taken care of. Also talk to your DM about party alignment, it can be taxing on players and DMs to run mixed Good/Evil parties. If your Fighter player claims he is not evil after murdering peasants for funsies the DM should deem otherwise.

Extra knowledge about what, the plot point?

So one of the party members has committed a terrible crime and some of the others want to punish him for this.

They're going back and forth about what the consequences of each possible action might be, and I, as the DM, have information that would completely change their course of action, but I don't want to take away their ability to choose as they wish.

Well then just watch the fireworks unfold, you big silly head.

we had a party member accidentally murder someone via the confusion spell. They where a thief/enchantment focused sorcerer and in the end the party allowed them to be taken by the law. An old buddy of his helped him break out after he was tried in a kangaroo court and now he is a minor nemesis to the party.

>See putrid companion
>Oh man there's no listed duration does this mean I get an ooze pet familiar--
>Acts as Bottled Ooze discovery, which is in rounds/level

That's a heartbreaker.

Sorry, permanent oozes are difficult to reconcile for balance. I considered giving them a single ooze that acted like a familiar to basically lived in a sponge, but the ability got too long and complicated. I may create a new one that does that however. Do you think you would take both ability if I did?

I'll be back later to add and tweak stuff, in the meantime, this link allows commenting.

Alright friends, I need some help.

For a one-shot session, I need to make a Goblin.

No 3PP, no Path of War, etc.

I have to use these stats 18,14,12,12,10,8, assigned how I want.

Have to be level 1.

Any ideas?

Make a spellcaster using Words of Power and say that you've learned to weaponize the words in your head.

The flavor of creating an ooze is great but the short time limitation (and the fact it dies automatically each time which makes creating a non-mindless ooze like an Appallie a bit grim) means it's more summoner flavor rather than pet flavor, to the extent I'm not sure how often I'd take it. The summoner flavor is also hurt by the fact the ooze isn't under your control and just attacks whatever's nearby, according to the alchemist discovery, and the fact you wring it out makes for weird flavor when you need to create it up to 30ft away to make it not immediately attack you.

A familiar option would be great though, familiars are great in general.

Another thought after reading Mysterious Stranger: Gold cloak shouldn't need to make a diplomacy check. You're already spending a grit point for a small benefit, it should auto succeed, and the idea that it's harder to help your more charismatic allies doesn't make much sense.

Is that before or after racials?

Something funny about goblins is that they are hilariously good at stealth.

Put the 18 into dex, with the goblin +4 that's 22.

Grab skill focus Stealth, Colorthief (a goblin racial trait), and be an UC rogue.

1 (ranks) + 3 (class skill) + 6 (dex) + 4 (size) + 4 (sneaky) + 3 (skill focus) + 2 (color thief) = +23 to stealth

Enjoy a lot of skill ranks, a good to hit, hilariously high stealth, and a good thematic goblin.

>Another thought after reading Mysterious Stranger: Gold cloak shouldn't need to make a diplomacy check. You're already spending a grit point for a small benefit, it should auto succeed, and the idea that it's harder to help your more charismatic allies doesn't make much sense.
Fair point.

>A familiar option would be great though, familiars are great in general.
What I'm thinking is make a second one that requires the first.

Also I am thinking of "throw the sponge, the ooze crawls out", which I should specify.

I'm not sure on racials, I'll ask the DM.

This sounds like a fun idea though.

If I actually understood Words of Power, I'd try it.

>What I'm thinking is make a second one that requires the first.

That would be pretty tempting, yeah.
Though at the moment the best looking contraption is the one that gives flight from level 1.

>I'm not sure on racials, I'll ask the DM.
It's a base racial for goblins. They have a +4 racial bonus to stealth and ride as a species.

Sorry, I meant if they had been factored in or not.

I assumed the attribute bonuses hadn't yet since he only gave us the numbers to use, not which attribute to put them in.

Yes, Whirly Bird is pretty strong.

Is Gun Training 4th or 5th level? On the table in the document it says 4th but it says 5th in the text.

Guys, it's hump day! What are you looking forward to this weekend, and what are you fretting over?

Looking forward to
>My players finally get to confront the Lich
>I get to play a silly one-shot for Halloween

Fretting over
>Working on next campaign, working on my autistic as fuck wiki
>Classes interfering with prep-time and playing

>tfw promised some dudes to make homebrew stuff
>tfw still can't get motivation to sit down and do it
>tfw too busy playing Ashes of Ariendel
I feel like scum

Fixed it, it should have said 4th in the text.

Just how good is DR5/-?
I'm thinking about getting the Nimean Lion Hide feat from the Medic doc, but it poses some issues.
First, it requires me to be in an Iron Tortoise or Golden Lion stance. I have access to both, but their stances are markedly worse than my other options.
Second, the DR turns off if I'm not making melee attacks constantly.
So, is it worth it, still?
What do you guys think?

DR/- is the best DR. Basically I would say it is only a better option if you think 5 less damage per attack is worth more than what ever your other options are. Without knowing your other options I actually have no way of judging.

I would say it is situational. Against a natural attack cycle or TWF enemy I would say yes. Against a spell caster, two-handed weapon enemy, or vital striker? No.

Well well, lucky for you Ashes of Ariandel is pretty short!

So, a player character was sentenced to being hanged in a recent session.

How exactly would you go about it? Just have him die?

Or have him try to make rolls to break free or something?

What were you trying to make?

that fucking image, they really put that shit in their shows?

So I need some direction guys on what I should work on next. I'm going to stat out one of the archetypes, but which:

>UC Cavalier
Knight of the Patchwork Banner
Hound Master
Wyvern Rider

>UC Gunslinger
Mechanist
Bootleg Alchemist

>UC Fighter
Dog of War

I could give more info on these if you'd like.

Yeah, except I did the retard choice and went into it before going to Irithyl.

I'd like to see the Knight of the Patchwork Banner fleshed out.
Glad to see you didn't die, by the way

>tfw /pfg/ crafted the ultimate waifu from that picture
>tfw nobody picked up the concept for a campaign

... Like, tears in the rain.

A homebrew Race of Cervid/Caprine people for /pfg/ that I volunteered for. I got most of the lore and a few mechanical ideas in my head, but I'm just not motivated enough

There are no retard choices, user! You're just giving yourself a challenge!

Do you have a link to that thread?

Direct quotes. I swear the writers just want to see what they can get Ice to say. Not pictured: Ice not understanding how basic criminal actions work like breaking and entering, pedophilia, or even addiction. "Oh, like when you eat too many cakes cause you like cake and then you get diabetes"

Opposing rolls vs the hangmans Profession - Executioner check.

One user tried to ask Drawthread to make her, but he didn't get her to my knowledge

Let me guess: -2 to CHA because they're gruff.

My base gunslinger build is just about done mechanically. Just items and fluff left.
Some thoughts:

>There are two different things called Flash Round
>The fast reloading deed doesn't seem worth it: Ult Equipment errata confirms that advanced firearms are free action reload with rapid reload, so people are going to just get those and stick with them as soon as possible.
I guess it still has some use if there are no advanced firearms in setting, but that would make someone rethink their choice of playing gunslinger in the first place.

>Even going human I'm still locked into the feat taxes of PBS/Precise Shot/Rapid Reload/Rapid Shot at level 4 with no freedom to pick anything else; that's standard pathfinder ranged weapon stuff but wondering if the idea of Unchained is to bypass that sort of junk
>Mystic Lens shouldn't have a limit on using a cantrip that any caster can use at will.

>There's weirdness around the fact you now need to manually take Quick Clear: In the early game you're useless once you misfire and don't have this, but then at level 4 you can have gun training and a rifle and your misfire is 0 now anyway and it's worthless.

Does this campaign have ammunition tracking/buying? If yes, do the trick shots use ammunition?

Actually, it was a -2Wis due to the malicious fae influence in their blood making them more impulsive and emotive.

If I remember correctly, she's supposed to be a farm girl raised as a proper ojou-sama trained as a holy warrior who works the local shrine as a priestess... And enjoys some deviant behavior in the bedroom.

Nah, I don't think the Deviant part made it in. Pretty sure we agreed Bookworm was cuter and better than Deviant.
Don't remember Ojou-sama part either

>I'd like to see the Knight of the Patchwork Banner fleshed out.
I believe you asked before. I apologize for not getting to it.

>Glad to see you didn't die, by the way
I was glad as well.

>There are two different things called Flash Round
Oh geez I need to correct this.

>Mystic Lens shouldn't have a limit on using a cantrip that any caster can use at will.
I can see your point here. It was more meant to limit arcane sight, but perhaps I should take the limit off detect.

>Even going human I'm still locked into the feat taxes of PBS/Precise Shot/Rapid Reload/Rapid Shot at level 4 with no freedom to pick anything else; that's standard pathfinder ranged weapon stuff but wondering if the idea of Unchained is to bypass that sort of junk
Normally that is meant to be solved with bonus feats. On a whole the UC classes are not giving you freedom of feats (feat taxes are a bigger issue I am not tackling), but instead freedom of class features.

>There's weirdness around the fact you now need to manually take Quick Clear: In the early game you're useless once you misfire and don't have this, but then at level 4 you can have gun training and a rifle and your misfire is 0 now anyway and it's worthless.
Yes, that's the thing. I didn't want to force it on character since it becomes meaningless, but also until level 4 you have an issue of possibly breaking your gun. I am unsure of how to fix it.

>The fast reloading deed doesn't seem worth it: Ult Equipment errata confirms that advanced firearms are free action reload with rapid reload, so people are going to just get those and stick with them as soon as possible.
Ah I was not planning for advanced fire arms.

>Does this campaign have ammunition tracking/buying? If yes, do the trick shots use ammunition?
The campaign does, but trick shots are separate and are assumed made by the gunslinger much like an alchemist does his bombs. I will specify this in the text.

Really? I thought ojou-sama came from the woman depicted in the top left.

I'm fine with the deviant bit being out too, the girl being a pure cinnamon bun is adorable...

... Wait, wait a second... Pure farm girl who became a paladin and proper lady... Isn't that Bardadin?

Does that mean advanced firearms aren't allowed in the playtest?

Nah, we only kept the best, and it was agreed that Prom Queen and Kinkster weren't in The Best

Ah, so the fae were screwing around with life itself again. Different direction than I was expecting, but interesting nonetheless.

>Yes, that's the thing. I didn't want to force it on character since it becomes meaningless, but also until level 4 you have an issue of possibly breaking your gun. I am unsure of how to fix it.

I feel the Unchained Gunslinger falls a bit behind in the first few levels because the chained one gets all its deeds for free at the requisite level, and instead for the unchained gunslinger they become Taxes.
I'd suggest taking a number of the mandatory ones out of optional deeds and just making them automatic things you get.

I was not planning on advanced firearms in the playtest, no.

I will consider this. I may roll some parts of it into Gunsmithing. I think the only extremely important one is Quickclear.

Yeah. the tldr is bloodthirsty poacher killed some Fae Lord's prized pet Stag. This pissed off the Fae, who's name was Wendilash, who turned the hunter into his new pet stag.
Hunter was pissed at first, but then he realized "No one expects a deer to hunt the hunters!" so he started a bloodthirsty reign of terror hunting down anyone who went inna woods, mauling them with his antlers, and eating their flesh. Wendilash thought it was all entertaining as hell.

Eventually some adventurers killed him, but the Fae Lord was upset that his new toy was now broken. But then he had an idea, why have one toy, when he could make HUNDREDS!

So he took the Stag's blood, stored his corpse for later, used it to make some magical auger, and went around infecting a whole lot of women with his curse, causing their newborn children to be born as some hybrid between Deer and Man. He also kept experimenting, using different types of cervids, and later caprines, in his curse to see what kind of havoc that would cause.

Eventually, he soon realized that this plan would take too long, and it became apparent that, despite being emotional and prone to following pure instinct, these new hybrids were still sapient mortals, which meant free will would get in the way of his enjoyment. So he abandoned the project, and decided to instead use the body of the stag to make some straight up cannibal monsters instead using a new curse of his

However, the hybrids lived on, some with difficulty, others finding good homes and futures. Later on it seemed that these being were able to breed true, with some variation in antler and minor physical features pending on where they are conceived, and thus a new race was born.

There, interesting racial backstory without any bloody need for sapients to screw magical creatures! I'M LOOKING AT YOU GARETH!

Again, this is just tldr, its the sitting down and writing the whole lengths and breadth of it that I can't get myself to do.

How much would the game fuck up if you lowered the price of everything ten times but also lowered WBL ten times too?
Trying to battle the issue of PCs at low levels like 5 or 6 running around with magic gear that's worth more than an entire small village.

Look into automatic bonus progression,

Automatically separate cost from worth.

Yeah, that +5 Sword of Castration is worth the GDP of a fucking country but it's only good for one thing and only good for one guy.

>I think the only extremely important one is Quickclear.
For the most part yes, but that still potentially makes it worse than its chained counterpart at early levels by virtue of just being able to do less stuff.

>I was not planning on advanced firearms in the playtest, no

>unchains gunslinger but doesn't allow the main 1pp way to make firearms tolerable
desire to play gunslinger fading

I'd say in this case, both quick clear and reload count as taxes.
Especially when the main combat feature of the class is sacrificing attacks to apply debuffs, you need the quick reload support to make as many attacks as possible, because you haven't changed enough about how the class uses guns to avoid the fact that ranged full attacks are king. It's what made me feel the haste contraption was the very obvious level 5/6 choice, too.

>only good for one guy

There are a lot of cocks in the world, user.

>Without any need for sapients to screw magical creatures

Like that's going to stop people.

Prom Queen is totes adorable though, reminds me how one of my favorite Paladin concepts is the noble warrior tasked with a holy cause.

Those dresses, man.

I shall have to think on it before making a change.

Why are Kumiho tails always so slender and catlike when a fox's tail should be FLUFFY.

Like, a Kitsune's tails should be so fluffy they have JoJo kanji floating around them for sound effects.