Warhammer 40k general

Late night shitposting (without the Mexican half-breeds this time)

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Egp8nHY8XFs
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Aspiring Sorcerers will always be bad.

Oh god that is a depressing board.

Even us third world players have better things!

Do the Transcendent C'tan, Monolith and Obelisk ever see any use on the table anymore?

Can't recall the last time I saw either.

Where can I find Eldar Storm Guardians Flamers? They only come with fusion guns...
How do I build one? What are they supposed to look like?

Do you guys ever stat your own custom squads or units? If so please post them, I'd love to see them!

Howdy Guys!

youtube.com/watch?v=Egp8nHY8XFs

How should I run exodites?

I mostly have interest in their worldweavers and their ability to control plants. (Dino-knights are cool too, granted)

Do eldar have access to daemonology? The idea of using the cool treepeople from AoS interests me, but I don't know how to run them besides as counts-as bloodletters or daemonettes.

Sorta like a fusion gun?
It might be pretty easy to convert a Fusion Gun by adjusting the barrel/cartridge like so.

always nice to meet another gaymer

That's because you're not flooded by distractions, so you actually have both time and desire.

At least the Tau guy is primed.

Is that a monolith made from old CD drive parts and various plastic computer junk? It looks good.

The few exodite armies I've heard of or seen tend to use the treepeople from AoS/fantasy as your wraith units, use the dark elf or lizardmen dino mounts to be the base for jetbikes, and use the bigger lizardmen dinos as the other tanks. If this is something you want to do, I highly recommend using bits sites so that you don't rape your wallet too much

Dat monolith..

What do you guys think about non-traditional basing. Like how this harlequins army is on cards instead of solid ground?

I don't know much about the intracies of the modern eldar, as I haven't had to face them since 5th edition.

Aren't jetbikes and gravtakes more fly-y now that things are no longer limited to being skimmers? It's one thing for a raptor to jump and climb ruins, but a bastadon I don't really know how well that'd work.

Is melee eldar still totally trash against anything notguardsmen/orks?

Yes. This was back in 3rd or 4th when apocalypse just got release.

>What are they supposed to look like?
forgeworld has these for their corsairs

There is also an old (1990) plastic sprue with various eldar assault weapons on them, one of them being a flamer.

I do from time to time. I have an unbeaten 1850 pt list and since I have that. I can experiment and run whatever I want. People always fall into the t3 trap. Apparently they think all good armies destroy everything on t1 or t2. They get over confident and move into range for my t3. They usually concede by t4

Also I just remembered FW makes "Eldar Corsair upgrade" kits that come with a Eldar Flamer if you'd rather money over effort.

I think you could just as easily make one like I said on . The most important of flamer conversions is fuel storage bit considering the profile of basically every portable flamer in 40k features a canted fuel cartridge.

Also I use a monolith in every game even in my unbeaten list

Eldar are pretty scary in melee with their wraithknights and wraithguard. Skimmers are still skimmers. I recommend giving the brb and new codex a once over to see how much things have changed before you start building.

So I've got a Space Wolves army. It's about 2/3rds painted, I love the viking theme. But the recent turn in the writing and the new models have made me loose interested in the army, you know damn well what I'm talking about. I considered selling them for a bit of cash and starting something else, but I still like the dreadnoughts, I still like the iconography and the runes so I figured I'll just make my own chapter, strip the paint off all the models I have painted and start fresh with my own scheme.

Might make a thread for discussing potential color scheme and lore writing shit but for now I just wanted to ask how to go about stripping vehicles like this land raider here. I got this thing years ago and for whatever reason I decided to use plastic cement for assembling some parts of it so complete disassembly is out of the question however I think I should be able to remove the roof just fine. What are some good tools/scrubbers for getting out the paint of tight places in the interior, dont like the idea of having a goo of stripped/melted paint in the inside of my land raider.

Also any tips for shaving off and removing iconography from rounded surfaces such as shoulderpad. Im going to make some what of an effort to remove the excess wolf symbols.

fucking English people
I'd tackle his ass and lol while he tries to stand up

That's kind of how SoB have to play. Weather out the storm of T1/2 and then mercilessly grind them down.

Calm down, motherfucker.

>wraithguard

You mean wraithblades don't you?

I am thinking of basing my harlequins similar to this using the tarot cards. I like the idea of the solitaire on death and the devil and my shadowseers of the star, the sun, and the moon.

Sisters need to have a space marine stat line to be usable.

They also need to beat all MEQ in melee

Solitaire would be the tower/devil, shadowseer would be the wheel of fortune and death jester the tower.

I actually think the only thing Sisters really need to be good is to be able to combined squad their units.

If you could hide death cult assassins in blobs of sisters or use crusaders to tank for your special weapons, they would actually be scary on the tabletop.

Do I have to roll to hit with Doombolt, or does it automatically hit everything in the path of the beam?

Am I the only one who doesn't think the SoSs look all that good? Pretty meh compared to SoBs in my opinion.

The overlapping leg plates go the wrong way, unless those sisters are expecting to be attacked from down low.

Painting a Psykana division to prescience all my big guns.
Help

Trying to make cheesy tournament list with chaos daemons. C&C for my list please

Daemonic incursion detachment

murderhorde
8x5 units of flesh hounds
1 khorne hearld on juggernaut with locus of fury and a lesser reward.

Command
fateweaver

Aux
Karanak

Cad detachment chaos daemons
2 hearlds of tzeentch on discs, ML3
1 with grimore
1 with paradox

troops
unit of 3 nurglings
unit of 10 pink horrors

fast attack
9 screamers

>non-traditional basing

Unless your models are for display only, jacking-up CC units is okay, but not recommended; elevating shooty unit LoS is not recommended. Prone shooty units are okay, but not recommended; hiding CC units behind half-inch cover is not recommended.

>Prone shooty units are okay, but not recommended
Any reason as to why?

Thank you!
But now that I see this I'm not sure if their metal special weapons are 2 flamers / 2 fusion guns...
>pic related

You're a Guard player. This is the painting fate you chose.

they look no more elevated than normal harlequins

he plays tau and wants kneeling riptides

They expect to be punched right in the pussy, so yeah

Same with Custodes

It's the cheap cartoony way GW scultps all their minis now.

Some alternative models look way better.

I think they look great. Wish there was a helmeted head tho

Beams auto-hit everything under the beam.

no the stormguardian upgrade sprue has one of each. problem is they look very similar.

My WIP on skitarii vanguard.
I wanted to do something extremely fast but then this happens.
WIp, and on top of that a color test. Ill highlight mor ethe pattern and maybe do a black outline(before the glazes)to give it some depth.
Also, i assembled my kataphron kit as breachers and not destroyers, because breachers looks a whole world better.
How much did I fuck up? they are pretty weak on the paper.

There is a helmeted head, although I don't know how many are on the actual spures

top one is a flamer
bottom is a fusion

Those are the pewter storm guardian bits, right? The set came with one of each.

the line pattern on the coat is pretty cool, but very subtle.

Also the metallics look very plain, but I assume you aren't done.

Since Primarchs are famous, would they be able to grab a Sister of Silence's pussy whenever they want?

KYS

thanks bro.
Yeah, i wanted it to look like some sort of circuit hidden in the cloak you can barely see. i will emphatize the highlights on the highlighted parts to look like the electricity is flowing there.
Also, the basemetal is basically done(photo's crappy), but its just the base. Details, edges, cables, roughly 40% of the metallics is yet to be done.

But of course.

yeah the photo doesn't do the metallics any favors.

What I like to do when taking a photo, is fold a piece of white printer paper so that it stands up on its own, and use that as a backdrop to reflect light onto the model, almost like a very ghetto lightbox.

I now want a 40k light gun arcade game called House of the Clown where two Inquisitors rampage through the Black Library.

That would make them boring and they're usable as is, they don't really need any fix for their stats they just need to have some minor gear adjustments depending on the specific sisters unit.

That's actually not bad, it would be kind of cool to have a wonky mixed setup like BT crusader squads but for sisters.

Thanks!

My friend used a C'tan in a game once. Sternguard shot him down so hard he never used it again.

One game he brought three Monoliths against me. all three got lascannoned the turn they dropped.

Never seen an Obelisk but I have grav-cannons now so good luck with that.

>he actually went out and bought that many psykers rather than converting them
THE
MAD
MAN

>her boobs are lop-sided and she has a monobrow

Can't help it. I'm autistic about WYSIWYG.
I have no problem with them being metal either, my troopers are proud Vostroyans.

>Let's see how many tits get slapped off you when you go try to fuck with daemons

>It's the cheap cartoony way GW scultps all their minis now.

i don't know about that, I think that the new Sylvaneth sculpts for AoS are gorgeous for example. I just feel like aside from the tits this is very ho hum fantasy fullplate.

How are you not autistic about having a fucking mass of the exact same guy and pretending it's a ragtag mish mash of psykers from all over the Imperium

Combine an IG kit with a flagellant kit.

It's easy if you know how to paint them, even if there's only 3 sculpts.

Can a allied GK detachment smooth out some of the guard's flaws?

Can hordes of guardsmen smooth out the GK's flaws?

>Guardsmen allying with GK

It was nice to know you, lads.

It just bugs me personally a lot more, especially with a lot of the older monopose metals and their recent resin remakes on some thinsgs. It just has such flat personality.

GK lack strong ranged shooting, which guard have aplenty.

Guard can bring some psychic gimmicks but GK's bring the real buffs (and normal SM librarius conclaves help too).

Also, priests giving termies a rerollable 2+/5++ in combat is hilarious.

might have been worth picking up the old necromunda wyrds to keep with the 2e theme

not sure how rare those guys are these days, though

Read scars, then do white scars. They're like less shitty space yiffs.

I've been to a number of tournaments as a Dark Eldar player. It didn't work very well but after smashing my head against the Coven's codex a few times and learning to play to objectives I managed to hit the middle of the pack at events fairly regularly. However, I think I've strung my DE out as far as they're gonna go. I'm starting to take the competitive scene more seriously now and I've begun expanding my Eldar collection. My question is, what is this "superfriends" list I keep hearing about, what does it do, and how do you play against it? I've honestly never seen one run.

And yes I know I'm a tourney fag but hey someone has to represent DE in the circuit.

How easy are the new Leman Russ kits to magnetize (Only have kits from 15 or so years ago)?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to easy switch out sponson weapons, sponson carriage, hull weapon, and turret. Is that possible?

Eldar can flat-out remove a unit without difficulty by deepstriking an archon with a webway portal right next to it and spraying it with d-scythes, and have the broken piece of shit that is the Wraithknight. They've also got the best psykers outside of librarius conclaves. Deldar also have assault transports that eldar lack, if you feel the need for assaulting in seventh ed

Blog post time.

So I emailed GW and I got a quick reply which basically said

>We send out the subscriber issues a week early, but they don't always arrive due to postage shit, if you don't get yours by 2/11/2016, ask and we'll send you another

Which was a helpful and quick reply. But it confirms if you subscribe, you do get it a week early. Or at least, you SHOULD do. My post is wank. I think it's just my cuntish post office, my post arrives at 4pm nowadays.

I've already got an idea for my homebrew chapter and besides like I said, I'm not selling the space wolves models, I'm stripping and repainting them with some minor conversions here and there. Would be kind of weird to just repaint them as white scars.

All I've got set in stone is the color scheme. I'm writing them as a chapter established on an Ag world set in old traditions. As the world is nearby a pretty well off forgeworld they come in regular contact with the mechanicus and have adopted some of their doctrines mainly the worship of the machine god, calling it Ymir instead (you might see where I'm going with this). The chapter fields a large number of dreadnoughts seeing being interred in one as a great honor as they are "reborn" as an avatar of the omnissiah/Ymir called Jotunn (giant).

Other details I'm still hammering out but hey, I dig the norse theme, I love the rules for the dreadnoughts I just hate the wolf shit and the current fluff so rather than ditching the army outright I'll just make more suitable for me.

Sounds solid enough. Go grab the masterclass FW books from the mega, it should help. As a crazy chaos fucker who has done similar, the best solution I've found for removing symbols, you have to remove them with sand paper, a hobby knife, and a dremel, then apply greenstuff to reshape the armor to have the right surfaces. I wish you the best of luck with your dudes

>best psykers
>laughingtzeentchdaemons.jpg

Its super easy, most of that doesn't even need magnets. The sponson and hull weapons just slide in so don't glue them in and you have a nice friction fit, the actual sponson block can be easily magnetized too. The turret requires a bit of time and work, you can easily find an image guide online

Not the easiest, particularly the turret. But doable. Keep in mind that the Russ variants are split across two physical kits. So even with magnetization you won't get every option.

bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

Thanks this is a project I'm not going to have the time to really start until this winter

Might make a thread about it later on when I get more of the lore hammered out for ideas on characters and symbolism

Farseers leave the worst tzeentchy witch trickery shit far behind, what with their runes and 1wc invisibility and ghosthelms

I can't target invisible units with D-scythes though, and D-scythes aren't meta.

Question. Death Watch is a Chapter right? So 1,000 Space Marines? So 1,000 Space Marines spread between how many Fortresses? Or is each one consider 1,000 strong? If not, what is the maximum you can expect to see on the battle field? I know one of the Einsenhorn books mentions 60 going down to help, so is 100 the most, you think?

Also, when I was reading the Beast Arises book and Korland goes "Here are my demands, 1,000 troops, answer to space marines, only I can disband them." totally ruined what was going to happen, as soon as that was said, you knew he'd splat

>Question. Death Watch is a Chapter right? So 1,000 Space Marines?
Their numbers are probably all over the place, as their recruiting isn't normal.

I wouldn't expect to see more than 100 in any single theater, unless it was something huge like Armageddon. They're usually spread out in groups of 5-10, handling shit as some kind of grimdark XCOM.

>feel like we need to step up our terrain game
>see shit like OP
Suddenly it's not all so bad

What should I get next for my daemons? Here's what I have:

Lord of Change
3x Daemon Prince
Changeling
Tzerald on Disc
3 flamers
4 counts-as exalted flamers
3 screamers (maybe 5)
38 Pink Horrors (2 music, 2 banner)
19 bloodetters (1 banner 1 music)
10 daemonettes (not finished yet)

Plague Drones

I was thinking about the Nurgle SC! Box, actually.

I want to make movement trays for my green tide
Does anyone have any suggestions?

dats a smashing squiggoth ye've got dere. Lets strap sum dakka onnit

green tide as in 40k?

You can get lasered regiment bases for round based miniatures.
War of the ring used them and you can use them in a few other systems too.

There is a ebay seller situated in spain that is fairly cheap and a few online stores specialized in this stuff where you can get something like this.

Thrall Wizards used to let you cast an additional spell each turn, but that's not much of a benefit in the current psychic system. What should they do instead? Reduce WC cost? Grant WC? Increase range? Increase strength?

Yes, the 40k green tide. A shit ton of boyz.
I'm looking for something I can make myself, to make it cheep.

yeah seriously, making it cheaper yourself than buying the mdf lasered things is almost not possible. At least better.

You can always just make a regular tray, i.e. square and glue some borders on so the minis don't slide off.

Seriously just google mdf bases. They only cost 3 or 4 bucks.

I used to use the bottoms of the old army boxes as movement trays for my goblin army.

Before Age of Sigmar decided to shit all over the fantasy genre.

I'm thinking of using a drill press, 1 inch drill bit an some MDF.

You have my condolences.

Looking for suggestions to start a 2nd army. Currently I have a large collection of Orks.

An Ork Player at my shop used Basa(?) Wood (its really thin) and a shit ton of hot glue.

He cut the wood into thin bean shapes that each held 10 boyz then layed the hot glue and quickly stamped a circle into the glue with something (I think he said he hot glues a coin to a bolt)

After that he primed them up and made it look muddy just like his orks' bases and boots.