Other urls found in this thread:

protozoic.com/2007/01/14/dungeons-and-dragons-cartoon-nude-shot-of-diana/
youtube.com/watch?v=NKHHNli-rCs
8muses
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It was neat

Childhood/10

fuck oof /co/, not even you liked it

I'm still nearly overwhelmed by how sexy the thief is.

And she's like twelve or some shit.

Shit far too much on the cavilier

Eric was vindicated more than half the time specifically because he was there to be the complaining odd man out.

yeah, they made him specifically to be right most of the time

>That dm/10
Literally makes them go certain ways by throwing tiamat in random places

I have always liked this show.

Fourteen.

He was a pretty awful character though. He's got like a charisma score of four.

He was the only one who made it out alive and became a jaded asshole due to the traumatic experiences.

It wasn't the worst thing on TV.

theres a Jab comic with her

According to Baldurs Gate they were all killed.

>red haired
>has the hourglass figure of an petite adult woman
>miniskirt
>zettai ryoiki
No idea why.
Link, you enormous douchewaffler.

According to Dungeons & Dragons Online, it's most likely that Uni killed Acrobat while Thief locked the others in a dead end in a sewer where they starved to death and turned into zombies. GM knows what that pair got up to afterwards.

Propaganda by the militant left to turn Christian children into Satanists.

I'm not a fan of the framing device.

Rogue is a qt, though.

>Link, you enormous douchewaffler.
Well, ex-CUUUUUUSE me, Princess.

anyone have the pics with their stats?

That's an A+ Easter egg.

Really? Where in Balders Gate?!

Jokes on you, thats the legal age around here.

"Paper Heroes"

A pool of radiance
Flows into the valley
The mountains of madness
High into the sky
A tomb of horror
Sits quiet in the night
Hiding ghastly creatures
That feed on helpless life

The wizard walks alone
The fighter standing tall
A bard plays a song
That echoes through the hall

Only heroes live forever
All Heroes die..

Beyond Balders gate
Fire, brimstone, hate
Angels always sighing
Peeking from its wall
but a band of merry men
Hold the key to change it all

Only heroes live forever
All heroes die..

Please stop.

I havent seen poetry this bad since I went to a Poetry Slam that only featured SJWs.

According to the written last episode they manage to free venger from evil and are then allowed to either keep adventuring or go home. The future seeing girl foretold them going home.

why did bobby and hank look more like siblings than bobby and sheila

You should at least give him the link showing the very real nipslip from Diana in the show.

checked

sauce?

>sauce?
Don't do it, man. Some things were not meant to be seen by mortal eyes.

I'm not joking. This is beyond NSFW and straight to Not Safe For Anyone.

protozoic.com/2007/01/14/dungeons-and-dragons-cartoon-nude-shot-of-diana/

I'm warning you again. What has been seen cannot be unseen.

The hat and the shield, the two most OP weapons were in the hands of the incompetent fools

Honestly?

It's bad. Have any of you actually saw it recently, instead when you were below 10?

It's not bad-bad, but it just aged like shit. They were making all the episodes on virtually zero budget. The plot in most episodes is so fucking sketchy, you need to get hammered to ignore all the jarring gaps in the narrative... or be a kid.
I mean I fucking love this show, part of my childhood and one of the reasons I even knew what the hell tabletops are, but it would take a high level of denial to ignore how bad the show is on the technical side. Then there are all the issues with moral watchdogs, who slaughtered the series and enforced fuckload of really annoying elements (like making Eric the resident whipping boy AND complainer, or Sheila and Diana incompetent in most cases, "because girls shouldn't be in action")

Still, idea-wise, it's 11/10. Given it was merchandise-driven and still managed to have some plot other than merch-pushing is really great.
But quality-wise, it's somewhere around 6/10 when it comes for show from 80s. And if you remove that "bonus", it's 4/10 at best. The episodes are just too short and too sketchy to watch them nowdays while sober.

Seriously, just rewatch bunch of episoders and you will understand why I'm a bit harsh for this show. Guess not everything is 2nd season of Spellbinder to hold off after few decades.

Watch episodes focusing on Eric. Especially those where moral watchdogs didn't fuck things up, especially from later seasons.
Then return and tell us again he's incompetent fool.

Felt like Diana got the short end of the stick, so to speak. Basically she relied more on her own natural athletics and her staff just extended a bit.

Bobby's club was pretty damn powerful and invisibility isn't something to be overlooked. Presto's hat was always going to be screwed hilariously malfunctioning given he could pull anything including from his own world. He summoned a toy tank once that exploded when Venger stomped on it.

He is the only one with the sense to just call the cops on Venger. Pity he didn't have a dime.

Sheila got the short end of the stick, really. First of all, she's literal shrinking violet, even the colour is there. Then there is the fact she gets a cap of invisibility, which allows her to escape. Then there are all the cenosors, who actively forbid doing anything else with Sheila than making her team mom and running away when things get nasty.

At least with Diana they've got some free space for doing anything, because she was black, so the watch dogs were already pleased there is a token minority and didn't meddle at all with her, other than keeping her always as background.

80s were really fucked up when it comes to cartoons.

Daily reminder the fist rule of each episode was "The children can only use their weapons directly against enemies that won't be harmed anyway".
Meaning Diana really got the shortest stick, since for her "directly against" meant just punching and kicking, so all the random low-tier monsters were a big no-no, while there was no point jumping at Tiamat

It's fine, if watched drunk/stoned.

That bow was pretty badass and had utility.

Hm. What were it's uses? Infinite arrows, signal flares, pretty nasty explosions, trick ricochets, and you could even generate a kind of rope to climb up to where you shot. Did I miss anything?

The show was the shit. Deep as fuck and some of the greatest minds in comics worked on it.

youtube.com/watch?v=NKHHNli-rCs

I enjoyed it immensely in my childhood.
It held up pretty well in later viewing with limited cringing.
Some clever ideas and likable characters drowned in 80's tv cartoon banality.

Eric was the first example I was exposed to of a character who was clearly intended to have their negative traits dominate their personality, foil them, and reduce them to comic relief, but was also somehow often heroic and ultimately in the right more often than not.

Kino/10

>The level of violence was controversial for American children's television at the time, and the script of one episode, "The Dragon's Graveyard", was almost shelved because the characters contemplated killing their nemesis, Venger.[5] In 1985, the National Coalition on Television Violence demanded that the FTC run a warning during each broadcast stating that Dungeons & Dragons had been linked to real-life violent deaths.[6]

This makes me so mad, I think I'm going to go out and beat up a homeless man.

Just like Hank would! You are a true hero now, user.

I used to think, and frankly I still suspect, that Dungeon Master was the true Force of Evil in his world.

He's just some sad old midget who kidnaps kids from other dimensions to run them through the dungeons he creates. Venger and everyone else are just his NPCs, puppets, saying and doing whatever he wants.

He is the ultimate Forever DM. Bitter and just wishing to make people suffer under the guise of teaching them a lesson.

He does look a tad sinister, though not all that glitters is gold.

You reminded me of Tipper Gore and friends and their war on decent music. God damn fun Nazis.

He's not really evil. Only one horn = half evil.

DUDE

Or even earlier with the shit that lead to the Comics Code Authority and the demise of the old horror magazines and comics. Self-censorship bullshit, felt they should do it to themselves before the government stepped it and made it law.

My favorite moment of that was when those concerned called in William Gaines and asked him about a "gruesome" horror comic cover.
He replied that it could have been much worse.
They made the mistake of asking him how it could possibly be worse.
He then rattled off a dozen details that could have made the scene more gruesome.
He wasn't making it up either, he had actually vetoed the original design and made the changes to tame it down.
He had documentation.
Kind of shot a hole in their argument that those behind horror comics had no concerns for decency.

Still not as good as Tipper Gore's people calling Dee Snyder to speak, expecting a cross-dressing fool and then got schooled by a higher intellect.

...and I'm done tangenting.

I wouldn't say it's necessarily a tangent. It stemmed from the "concerned groups" that were fucking with the show and others.

We've always been at war with the No Fun Brigade.

>This is how sizable chunk of viewers ended up on /d/

And MY favourite moment of his was when he had a case in the court. He put out a sheet with a picture of skull covered with half-rotten meat. And then he put out a photography of actual skull with half-rotten skin over it and proceed to explain how the accusation about being "too realistic" is a nonsense and this is highly stylised artistic vision of actual gruesome things, so everyone should just grab the chill pill.

There isn't enough art of Diana. I like Sheila too, but Diana was my first waifu and she deserves love.

Every episode where they didn't end up with censor or two on their back, has a heroic Eric being highly efficient and brave.
I doubt it's a coincidence

I liked the one where he became Dungeon Master for a day and almost achieved enlightenment by the end of the episode.

At least there is SOME art of her. Good luck finding Hank. Or Presto

They're making dark and gritty reboots of everything else from the 80s. Why not this show?

Because license.
Unless Hasbro will allow it, of course. Which I doubt, since they would have to buy rights for the original show first, and that would be tricky due to how said rights are now spread over few different holders.
Classic case when something gets completely crewed by lawyers, licenses and copyrights.

I'd watch it.

Weren't the Voltron rights a clusterfuck for ages too?

Power Rangers is getting one. Robocop got one. It's doable. And this is a franchise no one cares about anymore anyway.

Power Rangers had single owner.
RoboCop wasn't even properly protected by copyright, so they did it without any licensing whatsoever.

Dungeons and Dragons is protected on so many different levels, Hasbo themselves have no rights to make the new show. This is what you get from being a merchandise-driven show.
I'm not saying it's outright impossible clusterfuck. But it would take time, resources and dedication. Three things that such projects usually don't have.
In short - forget it.

Besides, can you even imagine the massive shitstorm from left, right and above, if they've actually made the show?
SJW crowd would scream, D&D crowd would scream, moral guardians would scream and God knows who else would join the fry. Not worth it.
Plus times, when Chads were still interested in D&D are long gone.

Here's your gritty reboot.

For the sake of Jeremy Irons, it was worth it. I think he was the only person on the set aware what the fuck they are even filming and run wild with his part, while everyone else was thinking it's some sort of kino

This user knows what's up.

Due to shitload of switching, changing and exchanging, the current owner of the rights to the series is...
... Disney

Good luck taking it from them.

gass, gass, gass.

I liked how insane the plots were. They just threw any semblance of realism out the window and went full crazy high fantasy. That's something I really like.

A lot of stuff was pretty dark too. Venger is a real bastard, the monsters are generally as stone cold as they could possibly be in an 80s cartoon.

Also the Acrobat and the Thief were ridiculously sexy.

Just imagine how many times he must have pulled the "rocks fall everyone dies" on kids who decided not to go along with his shenanigans.

Remember that field, where they had to recharge their weapons I think?
All sorts of power weapons lying around.
From a great battle he said.
Right...

>SJW crowd would scream
Anything particular you have in mind? Or just an assumption because they'll scream at anything?

>One girl is a mini skirt
>the other one is a furkini
>both are fairly shapely
>Seriously I want to breed that barbarian

What does Jumping Jack Flash have to do with anything?

>Link, you enormous douchewaffler.
Enjoy the sites bullshit, 8muses com/album/jab-comics/dayounguns--dragon

Glee.
I am 100% serious.

If that's so bad, shouldn't they be all over all those Nickelodeon and Disney shows that feature teenage stars in sexy outfits?

Over the years, the television program "Glee" featured the talents of a number of actors.
This included Whoopi Goldberg, the star of the film Jumpin' Jack Flash, as well as Don Most, who I'm sure we all know voiced Eric the Cavalier.
So yes, Glee.

>It wasn't the worst thing on TV.
No, that would have been Turbo Teen, where the kid turns into a car.

>What do you think of this show?
It was trash. I remember being really excited that there was going to be a D&D cartoon only to have my dreams of awesomeness crushed. Give me Thundarr any day.

>No, that would have been Turbo Teen, where the kid turns into a car.
This was some animator's fetish, I just know it.

What? Thats tame, Ive seen more in eu cartoons as a kid.

It's good that they respect the canon.

Good show.

Two things:
If you watched the show hoping for D&D, I could see hating it.
I didn't know what d&d was when I first saw it.
Second, comparing it to Thundarr is more than a little unfair.
Been too long since I've seen it, but I remember still being impressed by Thundarr as an adult.

Thundarr was fucking crazy but it had way more cool ideas than the D&D cartoon. I much prefer it after seeing both as an adult.

it wasn't. it was a bunch of fat old producers not knowing what kids would want to see and throwing bullshit ideas together, creating an abomination in the process.

For a certain value of "gritty", anyway.

Disney sure as Hell isn't doing anything with it, and it's not like they don't have a trio of money-making machines anyway in the form of Star Wars, Marvel, and their own movies.

They might be feeling generous.

Though on that note, question. Does Hasbro not have the legal right to make a D&D cartoon AT ALL, or are they specifically cucked from making a reboot of *this* show?

If Hasbro wanted to ground-up make a new show with new characters and plot, could they?

>Never watch it as a child.
>Watched the whole series two-three years ago on friend DvD

80s entertaining, meaning it's cheesy and bad, but entertaining enough to keep watching.

Suffers from something quite a few 80s toons suffer from where it CLEARLY had a super serious important arching plot line, but the writers had to dumb it down for children- thus theoretically ruining something which could have been theoretically awesome.

>If you watched the show hoping for D&D, I could see hating it.
I only watched it because it was specifically D&D. Got a very D&D Red White box feel from it. Definitely not your forgotten realms or modern D&D.

The DnD license is confusing, they can't even make a live-action DnD movie without a lot of horse trading since the rights are technically held by a private individual as well as (I think) Warner Bros.

Demon Dogs! refers to her tits

What about making it a comic series?

He could shoot laser manacles onto people.

try share thread. there was like a 3.5 booklet or summin with the dvd set