How does a goblin leader turn a ruined castle from a deathtrap for him and his followers...

How does a goblin leader turn a ruined castle from a deathtrap for him and his followers, where PCs will gain easy xp into a deathtrap, that will fuck up PCs?

I'm thinking traps, secret passageways to flank the enemy, murderholes, small holes in walls to fire arrows from and perhaps chutes to roll barrels of oil into the corridor + torch. Any other ideas?

So a Tucker's Goblin's situation?

Maybe false walls that goblins pop out of behind and in front of the party, or greased up stone pathways they PCs will slip on and be trapped in an area.

Maybe the goblins captured a slime and have been throwing their trash into the slime pit, so it's gotten large, and they trap the PCs in a tight area with it. Alternatively, maybe the slime (or whatever creature the gobbos thought they had contained) breaks out and everyone is in danger.

>deathtrap
>castle

Your work's already half done mate, why do you think they built the things in the first place?

Though that particular design right there is kind of a bad design - you want the arrow slits placed so people cannot hide next to the castle - no matter where they're standing, at least one arrow slit should point at them. The castle architect should have known this ahead of time.

Kobolds. Tucker's creatures were kobolds

Thanks doctor braindead, but OP is talking about Goblins. Are you retarded?

This is the most Veeky Forums post I have seen in a while
>march into thread smug as fuck with the intent to correct someone, anyone, about something
>dive headlong into ACKSHULLY after half-reading the post

No, I just wanted to correct you because you were wrong.

I'm well fucking aware it was Kobolds you fucking mong. The PC's enemies will be goblins, and many of the tactics he mentioned are also mentioned in the original Tucker's Kobold story, so I changed the name to draw attention to the likeness. A person with 1 or more braincells would read "Tucker's Goblins" and this would occur:

>Wait, that's not right, it's Tucker's Kobolds.
>Oh wait, this is just a slight twist of the wording, because OP is using Goblins instead of Kobolds, but they are fairly similar in that they are smaller low-level creatures that are using their wit and environment to get the better of the PCs
>No need to make a post about this then, I'll carry on

Instead you have decided to make one of the simplest, my most telling posts I've seen on Veeky Forums which confirms you for being hit on the fucking head with a hammer as a child. Thanks for correcting my "mistake", Aspie.

>he castle architect should have known this ahead of time.

The blue areas are covered by arrow slits

The green areas WERE covered by arrow slits

The red areas are "safe," in the sense that standing in the red areas, you can only be shot by an archer willing to show himself to your allies. In an assault, that's where the ladders and thrown hook-ropes would go up.

>No, I just wanted to correct you because you were wrong.

He... wasn't though? It wouldn't be a Tucker's Kobolds situation because there aren't any Kobolds. It's Tucker's Goblins in this scenario.

>green
Uh, nobody tell him it's yellow.

He could've said
>Oh, so like Tucker's kobolds, just with goblins.
Which would've been more correct

Or he could have said Tuckers Goblins and then you could've been not a cunt.

I mean come on mate, you're anonymous, just pretend it was some other user who wrote it and drop it.

Okay, I guess

What you have to think about is tactics. Goblins are cowards, meaning they will take whatever cheap advantages they can get.

This means they'd be all for creating choke points in which to overwhelm the enemy and then retreat when things started to go awry, regroup, and repeat.

Taking pop shots here and there, using traps and tricks, doing everything to harass the enemy.

I've actually found that a well developed dungeon/area populated by a bunch of weaker little guys like goblins is actually a far greater challenge than some big boss. Big bosses I found have always been pretty fucking easy unless the party is pushed to the limits prior to the encounter without any opportunity to rest.

I think we've reached peak autism, lads.

It's RGB 181/230/29 so it is a shade of yellow, sure, but it's green nonetheless.

Good

Nah.

We can go higher.

This is why I hide my love for DnD from everybody else.

>I think we've reached peak autism, lads.

Tell me what happened lad

>ruined castle

Is it THAT ruined castle or is that just a conversation starter?

If it isn't that one, have you made one yet or are you waiting on feedback from this thread?

To start with, mix mobile patrols (so the goblins find out where shit's happening and when) with well fortified areas with a full complement of warriors. Goblin scouts might call reinforcements if there's an easy chance to snuff out the interlopers. They'll do so quietly if possible so the main force can surround the PCs and cut off their escape route. Or anyone who feels overwhelmed (whether scouts or main force) might fall back to the nearest fortified position, making that fight much harder.

The old castle had two floors, with the upper story having wood floors. The old wood burned out. Now, any restored rooms are connected not by floors but by narrow causeways that can be collapsed easily if the players gain access to them. The ground floor was initially soft earth, and now there are dug out rooms connected by goblin sized tunnels. If the party gains access the goblins might torch the support beams or dump big pots of hot water in.

Beyond that the usual castle shit. Arrow slits. Portcullises. Dumping shit on somebody from the second story. Fires. Architecture made to funnel attackers into spots where it would be easy to kill them.

>How does a goblin leader turn a ruined castle from a boring building to a sweet rave?