Fatal: is it really that bad?

All memes aside I was just wondering. How does F.A.T.A.L. actually play?

Other urls found in this thread:

rpg.net/reviews/archive/14/14567.phtml
youtube.com/watch?v=8TLlbVW-VA0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It doesn't. The rules are a clusterfuck of the worst kind. Character creation itself may take more than a couple of sessions

There's been only one recorded time when somebody actually played FATAL.

Someone did? Proof?

The memes are true user. The memes are true.

What on earth is on that free CD-ROM?

I've played it, have no proof.

There's a couple reviews on the internet where they actually bothered to play it.

If you ever do, make sure you're playing the second edition (the OP image is the cover of that one) as it fixes like 50% of the problems of the game.
Legit, no joke. It fixes half of them.
It even makes chargen less annoying, by removing rolling for class (ha, you rolled cobbler) and sex (the most awkward roll to fail in the game... but it also made it more annoying by ultimately making it take an extra hour, which is now five hours on average... assuming you've done this before, nine or ten hours otherwise.
Lethality was slightly reduced too, now you have about as much chance as a character from ADnD to survive first level. (You won't, but you have a chance).
The missing movement rules are included. Making grid based encounters possible.
Some of the edginess was removed too, but that's okay... I guess.

FATAL isn't the game for everyone.
Hell, I'd be surprised if it was the game for anyone...
But I've played worse.

It included the theme song and character roller.
The theme is findable on youtube.
I've been looking for the chargen for years.

NEWFAG WHO DOESN'T PLAT TRADITIONAL GAMES PLEASE FUCK OFF!

>But I've played worse.
...go on...

Seconding, I'm legitimately curious.

>But I've played worse.
Well, I'm intrigued.

Myfarog and Holy Racial War comes to mind as games worse than fatal.

The memes are true.

rpg.net/reviews/archive/14/14567.phtml

>But I've played worse
Is that the one with scar armor?

wreaththu as well

MYFAROG is just a clunky retro-clone with a stupid political agenda, FATAL is another dimension of shit.

>The theme is findable on youtube.
Should we want to find it ?

... That actually sounds like a really cool, if extremely edgy, idea. Like, the members of a cult horribly scar all the flesh on their forearms, chest and stomach so they can't feel (more) pain there and it's harder to penetrate or cut.

I played Amber diceless RPG system for two sessions.

I'd take FATAL over that ever happening again.

It's not interesting.

While the game has plenty of problems... some of which being the stuff of legends... it honestly has things that are good about it.
The setting is thought out and kind of neat.
The combat has a nifty risk reward system (the risks may be a little harsh)
And the spell list is hilarious (if maybe a little to deffkilly)

There are plenty of games that I have nothing good to say about, which is a flaw bigger than anything FATAL can amass.
Just not as fun to talk about.

Most were homebrew systems
I include Dungeon World on the list, but I'm sure that's a controversial choice.

There is also HYBRID, which is honestly worse in the same category.
I want to play RaHoWa just to complete the trinity, but... honestly I doubt I could bring myself to playing it with a live group and I doubt I could retain my membership to any online place long enough to actually play it.

Whatever you say, user

Fpbp.

Seriously. Download the character creator and try it. Doing PCs by hand is a nightmare. Even with the builder, 9 times out of 10 the character would be unplayable.

HYBRID is not actually a game though, more of a schizophrenic's game blog

It's vaguely playable.

Kind of like Shoots and Ladders, but exactly the opposite.

Even D&D has done that already though. Its a feat called Deformity (Flesh).

I've actually heard from some reviews that Myfarog is a good system. I understand that it is unbalanced in several aspects (particulary regarding race) and that some aspects tend to be quite complicated but is there any truth to the claims that if you go beyond Varg's vision of the world it is quite interesting and good?

Well maybe for ironic, comedic value. It's pretty bad. "Cookie monster falling down a flight of stairs with a drum set" isn't much of an exaggeration.

Not that user btw but I'm feeling generous (or maybe cruel is the right word) so here you go

youtube.com/watch?v=8TLlbVW-VA0

I'm dying. This is fucking hilarious.

My fucking sides

Let me put it this way. If you have a skirmish between 4 PCs and an equal number of bandits, there's a good chance that once during that combat you're going to have to roll to see how many chunks of shit fell out of their ass on a hit.

Yes, "Chunks" is a term of art used by the game to describe a quantity of shit.

Interestingly, when you try to intentionally defecate, you need to check against the last time you took a dump to see if you have anything in the colon. But when you get hit on the ass, you don't.

I'm pretty sure that was a typo and he meant SCAT armour. As in, armour made from shit.

And yes, that is a thing. The game is called Blakc Tokey, and if I remember correctly it's (yet another) 3rd edition OGL game. One with a setting based on all the worst hentai ever. There's a spell that creates an armour out of shit, obligatory rape-tentacles, etc.

>Blakc Tokey

Black Tokyo?

>Black Tokyo: A sick /d/eviant makes an RPG
>Is completely honest about it being a sick, sick game.

I can't really see any problems in that. Sure it's fucked up, but it's a game purposefully made to be fucked up. Just leave it to the sickos and try not to think about it.

>FATAL
>A freak makes a horrible game of /d/eviant sexual fetishes and 'historical knowledge' he got off circle jerks with his friends.
>Claims it's the best game ever and isn't at all fucked up

Here's where things go haywire.

One thing I HOPE someone do someday, is to create some fatal mod for dwarf fortress.

Well it's not too difficult to add genitals/butts/anuses/rudimentary rape attacks to everything or to give females massive crippling penalties to everything.

The tricky parts would be implementing the pissing/shitting mechanics, the various rape spells, and the racial stereotype armor. The racist armor transformatons could be done with DFHack but it would be tricky and I suck at using DFHack. At least some (though probably not all) of the spells are also probably doable with DFHack, but then there's the issue of how you would implement the... reagents.

Other spells, however, would probably be impossible or incredibly difficult to implement, as would a lot of the magic items, and I really have no idea how you would implement the pissing/shitting mechanics. I actually think it might be impossible to do it properly.

Yes, please plat more games. It is very important. Land division and ownership is at the heart of all feudal economies.
pic related