EDH/Commander general

Reprints edition

Old thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

Xth for actual commander related discussion instead of bitching about things you don't like.

First for Partner is actually mostly nice.

We need a list of viable Partner combos with a good reason as to why GO.

>Tymna + Sidar
>Couple Blacks getting by in life with Weenies and Hatebears

Blue will of fortune.
better than harnless offering

Never saw any talk about this Big Guy.

>Vial Smasher + Ikra
Jund value machine aggro.
>Silas + Vial Smasher
Grixis artifact goodstuff.dek

Partners are shit

BLACK IS THE BEST COLOR IN MAGIC. THIS IS NOT OPEN FOR DEBATE. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS.

It's not good. Indestructible is strictly worse than hexproof, many wraths get around indestructible, trample is nice, but it's also costed hilariously. Simply put, a Vexing Shusher or Xanthid Swarm would be much more useful.

Ikra + Tymna for obvious reasons.

>can't deal with artifacts or enchantments
>best color

Usable in Xenagod but even then it has competition at 8cmc.

It's a harnless reprint.

BAN ALL 3CMC OR LESS TUTORS
EDH SHOULDN'T BE MORE CONSISTENT THAN LEGACY

Too vulbernable to exile effects. I think he needs something like this...

Black has the best answer to artifacts and enchantments. It's called winning the game.

REYHAN AND RAVOS
REANIMATION +1/+1 COUNTER HEAVEN

it's pretty bad, overcosted, the indestructible does basically nothing in most decks and there are better trample enablers

If it had given hexproof as well it might have been okay but I run enough hexproof enablers and things like Autumns Veil and Seedtime anyway because I love Battlecruiser magic, I'll find room for it

WBG Modular?

yeeeeeeeeeee

Black can't even deal with artifacts or enchantments.

Flankman and silas renn
Myr tribal

has it explicitly been said what lands won't be reprinted?

Some user said Atraxa is bretty gud with enchantments. What did they mean?

I have to disagree there friend. Green is the strongest color and I'm not just saying that because all my commander decks use green

not reyhan and thrasios for all that delicious UG counter stuff

>master biomancer
>zegana
>fathom mage
>le fish of many counters

I assume there are a bunch of enchantments that use counters?
Helix Pinnacle, Paralax _____, anything with vanishing, Doubling Season, etc...

Ravos and Reyhan Modular Counters on Abzan colors
Sidar Kondo and Tymna Unblockable weenies for reliable draw on Abzan Colors
Sidar Kondo and Ikra for Ass focused strategies in Abzan colors.
Ishai and Bruse Tarl for Commander Damage kills on Jeskai colors
Vial Smasher and Kraum for draws and burn on Grixis
Ravos and Silas for graveyard synergies on Esper Colors
Others leaves us with too many colors or just don't synergise very well without help.

See:

>mystic tutor
>enlightened tutor
>idyllic tutor
>merchant scroll
>gamble

fucking gamble

So how do you build this?

Is she pretty much just esper artifact goodstuff + Daretti and Goblin Welder and co?

I do know I wanna run the Spy Kit + Magnetic Theft + Eradicate combo for keks but other than that, isn't it just Sharuum plus red?

As some anons have said it is a potent surprise infect win command and she can go infinite with eldrazi displacer and ashnods altar.

>cascade cascade cascade

its stupid how much better it is than the rest

I am loving how fucking stupid this card is.

Not great but it can lead to some crazy shit.

Beastly in Animar

>people saying 7G for 8/8 is overcosted

no wonder Veeky Forums sucks at mtg

:^)

So who's ready to dark ritual into ancestral recall

As a competitive player, Tymna + Ravos seems really good. Death and Taxes with plenty of carddraw from Tymna, and if for some reason you want to cast Ravos you can. Ravos is there because there is literally no reason to not have him as a commander as well.
I built a test version and it ran really consistently, and almost beat my Daretti deck.
Also I am pleased that they are ACTUALLY REPRINTING LANDS not that it matters to me, other than the first day during which I will play the deck straight out of the box, but having them finally throw a bone out is nice

I dont think she will be better than Daretti competitively, as she is harder to cast and does less on entry with difficulty breaking the game right off the bat. That said, she has potential and looks the strongest out of all 4c commanders so far, as she does leave something behind on dying, as well as having 1.5 relevant abilities.

All 4 Color Generals are cool, except Buttbuddies.

The partner Commanders are a fun idea, but mostly too boring to be built around.

Dies to Breya immediately

Can somebody please explain to me what card advantage is, and if having two commanders is card advantage?

And?
if I was worried about commanders not dying I would play sigarda original flavor

Oh god I guess I found my new commander deck.

Having two Commanders ins't card advantage, but it IS deck thinning!

I am waiting for the Breya Stax deck.

MELD Commanders WHEN?

Don't listen to the memers from last thread.

Card advantage is just the number of cards in your hand + cards on board.

Card quality is, you guessed it, the quality of those cards.

Having two commanders is both card advantage (effectively +1 card in hand at all time) as well as a slight boost to card quality overall (as you draw slightly better). However, you also take a major hit to a much more noticable area w/r/t card quality in that you're playing a shit commander.

It's card advantage, but you give up so much card quality that it's not worth it unless you're doing some dumb recursive stuff that I can't even imagine.

Card advantage is literally just that: having more cards, or access to more cards than the other guy.

Ponder? Not CA.
Treasure cruise? Yes CA.
Windfall? Not CA.
Wheel of Fortune? Yes CA.
Utilitizing your graveyard like a second hand ? Yes CA.
Making other people discard a bunch of shit? Yes CA.
Having two commanders in the command zone while everyone else has one? Yes CA.

Please no.

Is this the legend version of Master Transmuter? If so when will she gain a spark?

Please YES!

Also, MELD contraptions!
MELD dual lands!
MELD split cards!
MELD EVERYTHING

I'd work on it if I didn't have Daretti.

Add in double strike for more fun

....I'm already here sempai

Yeah but like, playable.

CBC is on-point.

>A legendary creature with a recursion ability that allows them to revive their meld partner each time they die...
>Supports two of its color's most powerful tribes
>Is a perfect 2 turn clock with any buff equipment, in a color that can grab them
>Its meld partner is a pretty solid beater as well
> Shuts down most simple removal spells like Path, Pongify, Sword, Mortify, and other shit
> Is a goddam qt angel sister pair that will love you long time.

I'm sorry you have such bad taste...

>Is a goddam qt angel sister pair that will love you long time.

That's where you're blatantly wrong.

I'll be trying to build her as artifact aristocrats. Panharmonicon fills in the voids that green leaves.

Counterpoint:
>A legendary creature that can recur stuff from your GY for value or hit its meld target that makes it insane, but that's pretty much all she does
>monowhite can only artifact ramp or equivalence ramp(think knight of the white orchid)
>becomes half a card if the meld partner is exiled by any means
>is meh for its cost if you can't hit any value
>qt angels turn into a horrifying fucking monster that would sooner devour your bones than love you

Pls yes

For people who supposedly listen and pay a lot of attention to the fanbase, they seriously completely miss the point. Constantly. Like, all the time, it's actually impressive.

FUCK YOU

No if anything we need flip commanders

Where else have they missed so far?

What's the best commander for a "I'm going to steal all of your cards you payed a lot of money for and use them myself" deck?

Pic Related?

Ohhhhhhh I got a deck in mind.

The deck is mean, somewhat green (red, white, and black of course), and will hit like a fucking truck.

>A legendary creature that can recur stuff from your GY for value or hit its meld target that makes it insane, but that's pretty much all she does
That is kinda all you WANT from your pre mend body... A way to quickly stitch herself back together. She is also a massive beater when melded or grabs that Avacyn you threw in the graveyard for the fun of it.

>becomes half a card if the meld partner is exiled by any means
Welcome to every meld card. At least white has a few cards that actually pull cards back from exile...

>is meh for its cost if you can't hit any value
She comes with inbuilt evasion

>monowhite can only artifact ramp or equivalence ramp(think knight of the white orchid)
This I'll give you, it kind of sucks, but thats what mana rocks are for afterall.

>qt angels turn into a horrifying fucking monster that would sooner devour your bones than love you

But user, they just want to purify you and your dick...

Gonti, Lazav,or Sen Triplets

Sen Triplets is actually really cool once you go all ham on the "steal yo shit"strategy.

Gay Greeks for Best 4C Commanders

How do you feel about Partners, Veeky Forums? Any combinations you are looking at building?

I like the Mimeoplasm, since you have access to blue (a lot of steal yo shiz effects), black (rise from the grave and worst fears type stuff), and green for, basically, villainous wealth. I don't know if it's the best commander, but the colors are, IMO, a bit better than red.

>Reyhan
>Not at LEAST T-2

user, come on now

N-not bad at all?

Flankman and Mustache might be fun for Naya Tokens I dunno

When my opponent begins to whip out his GR deck I immediately think to myself "_________"

Ludevic and Silas zombies and artifact creatures.

Kraum in the 98.

I will make a deck of the truest of partners

pic related

LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS

>what to play old cards
>their card art looks fucking retarded
suffering...

I was seriously debating moving him to sheriff tier, but I feel as though he is best used to support another gameplan. I definitely feel is the best deputy though.

Not all of it. Some of the old art is the best art in the game

Dragonlord Silumgar is a lot of fun.

like what?

Sure they listen. We have non gender binary, gay, transgendered, and lesbian creatures now!

Yeah, look at this garbage

Probably a U/B commander with Lazav or Silumgar as commander with stuff like thada

fuck that nigger

Silas and Sidar
Flying hatebears

How old?

What the fuck was even the point of Ishai