Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Primarch Paintjob Edition
R.R. Martin Sub-Edition
Beware Horus's Fell Phalus! Abhor his Vorphal Breedstick!
See it all on Horus Heresy G's last episode >HHG FAQs
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/shM2YEYW
knowyourmeme.com/memes/desu
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>that Alpharius edit

I just now noticed it.

Burning of Prospero Scans when?

I'm finding the idea of using chaos bikers as outriders appealing (with all my BaC heads/torsos/arms of course) except for the fucking flayed skin seats.

Volkite looks great.

Im doing a BaC and a BoP box. Trading the custodes and sisters for 10 MKIII and 10 MKIV, hence the quantity of each set.

My plan is to do
>Two 10-man veteran squads with the Achean upgrades, combi bolters and suspensor rockets >20 man MK IV tac squad
>20 man MK III tac squad
>5 man Missile Launcher heavy support in MK III
>5 man plasma support squad in MK III
>10 man Mk III seeker squad with the rest of the combi bolters

The torsos and pic related are going to go on all the sergeants

>I now see popups on hhg
I didn't go into any of my weird shit yesterday. Well, not on my phone I didn't

>Mobile shitter

But yeah, its happening to mobile users on all of Veeky Forums

Primarch Paintjob Edition

Yesterday someone said it, and I didn't believe him. A Herald of Ruin. Rero rero.

>I've done some Heresy.

If you're the same user asking how to convert to MkIV bikers, you pretty much cant, the difference in kneepads and general shape of the legs positioning would honestly make it easier to cast new legs from greenstuff

You can however, very easily convert to MkV, and MkV bikers on GW bikes look pretty nice

I'd post pics of my dudes for reference but I left all my minis at home away from uni :(

I'm on mobile 55% these days and I don't get pop ups. Maybe you guys have more insight or something.

/g/ is REALLY mad about this. Can confirm many on mobile are getting popups.

HIROSHIMOOT SAID HE WOULDN'T DO THIS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Speak of the devil and he shall appear...

I just for some reason find the idea of Mk 6 legs with mk4 torsos and heads (although there are some nice Mk5 heads in the kit) less aggregious than Mk4 torsos on Mk7 legs

Eldritch Erection Edition

Poor /g/.
>MFW
Well that explains one thing, but I'm not seeing it. Not enough insight.
>Captcha is cemetery and transfer station arrows pointing in the same direction
Maybe they're the same place?

Do people in this scene tend to bitch about third party stuff on minis? I'm just starting what will be my first HH army, and my first char already has a third party arm and head.

Horus's dick has gone daemonic and is punking us. Only logical conclusion.

Post the mini, nigga.

I'd assume not, unless it's noticeably out of place. Those khopeshes(?) would be fine.

As long as it doesnt look like shit, like a lot of 3rd party bits tend to

It's currently a blu-tac'd upper body waiting on Mk.III legs + Achaen shoulders that're in the post, but the head and arms are stuff from anvil.

Thanks. It'll probably be the paint job that'll shit it up before the parts, I think.

Damn, these threads go quick.

First rule of eyes: for a normal look, there shouldn't be any white space above or below the iris. That little tip was a revelation back when I first heard it. Seems like it should be more obvious.

Here's the Legiones Astartes (generic list only) points per GBP list from a couple of threads ago:
pastebin.com/shM2YEYW

No surprises - the cheapest way to play is with plastic and with FW heavy or special weapon sets. Actually, this only applies to plastic from the BaC or BoP boxes, plus the plastic Land Raider (I only included the Mk IIb, which is the plastic kit with resin sponsons and a couple other pieces). Plastic Rhinos, Drop Pods, Whirlwinds, and Land Speeders are on the low end of the value scale.

Are Sicaran Battle Tanks worth it anymore after the point hike? 200+ points for a tank seems pretty steep for a fancy autocannon and your flavour of sponsons

As long as we're discussing Primarch phallus

>Here's the Legiones Astartes (generic list only) points per GBP list from a couple of threads ago:
>pastebin.com/shM2YEYW
Maybe this should be added to the OP

do it, Get some MkVI bits and mix them in as well

Bonus points if you dont play RG or AL to trigger the autists

Would you be against a TSons paying 15 points to give characters ML1, at least until the actual rules arrive?

>still have my AL specific beaky helmets

Bueno

I was just thinking, the Heresy took humanity down from between 1.5 to 2 million space marines to 40-50,000, and strict control over starting new chapters meant that it took a very long time to get up to about a million (assuming 40k's "thousand chapters" number is roughly accurate). No wonder humanity had such a rough time afterward.

I also wonder how many losses occurred during the Scouring. It's pretty common for wars to actually get bloodier after the turning point.

They're only slightly overcosted, imo. Still perfectly acceptable if you like it, but no longer an auto-include unit.

I don't know if it's really that useful, given that it doesn't cover options. I got called in for jury duty so I probably won't be able to work on it in the near future (I'll have to do my work from home, during the evenings...). Not that I was going to go into options, but I wanted to do Solar Auxilia and Mechanicum.

It's 30 points for word bearers to do that, I feel that's more likely to be accepted.

i mean, word bearers also get full LA rules and special units. I feel 15 for ML1 is fine if thats literally all they get

So I'm only just now catching onto the fact that that Praetor Tribune model with the like glaive thing has special rules. What does he do?

never.

>went on a different thread and saw this
I have the insight needed to see the pop-ups now. Not sure if I want Slavic girls.

Nah, there's such a thing as precedent. A librarian is 25 points, mastery levels are 25 points, word bearers burning lore is 30 points. I really don't think a 15 point psyker upgrade is going to fly.

Plasma cannon on a Cortus worth the points you reckon?

And my gaming group wonders why I haven't bought a Primarch yet. It's because I'm worried that it'll end up looking like this.

They already hurt themselves and shoot worse. Never

I .

No, they should be kitted out entirely for close combat.

Just make all Tsons units Brotherhood of psykers and all characters ML1 for free then :^)

I made an edit of the list by adding plus signs next to each entry based on how much they can be upgraded, since it's very misrepresentative to have e.g. a Dreadclaw (with no possible upgrades) to be above a Primaris-Lightning (which can cost over double its base cost and usually does). It's far from perfect but it does give you a better overview.

I can upload a finalized version tomorrow if anyone's interested.

Look, the onus is on you to make your homebrew acceptable. If people don't accept your homebrew, it's not them that's at fault. Personally, I don't think what you're suggesting is going to be accepted in game stores/clubs, so maybe you need to go have a rethink.

Not the user you were replying to, but is it worth taking a contemptor prime over a cortus if you intend on sticking on a ranged weapon (e.g. a culverin in my case)

15 seems rather cheap. 25 maybe?

If that's what you desire:
Primarch Penis
Daemonic Dick
Fell Phalus
Warped Wiener
Crotch Chainfist
Vhorpal Breedstick
Sicaran Schlong
Eldritch Erection
Sorcerous Shaft
Traitorous Tumescense
Athame Anaconda
"Little Horus" for real this time
Prophane Prick
Cthonian Cock
Diabolic Dong
Paragon Pingas
Warmaster's Worldbreaker
Molech Manmeat
Lupercarian Lenght
Old One Eye of Terror.

>Thousand Sons
>The psychic legion
>Hailing from the center of psychic knowledge of the imperium
>Paying 25 points to know psychic powers

Their LA is going to give them powers for free,i guarantee it

It will give them more access to witchpowers and a higher limit, rather than free powers. So, M4 Librarians and M1 Praetors, and Sgts that generate warp charges.

>Thousand Sons
>So called because there's only a thousand of them
Yeah, no. They're going to cost points if only because they have to represent the size constraints of the legion, and you do that with point costs.

>Ml4 Libbys
>when everyone else can go Ml2 max

Yeah nah, cant see random 1Ksons libby #243 being on the same tier as 40k ahriman

I think they'll have the option to take libbys and praetors up to Ml3, the guys in charge of the 1ksons were the ones with the most powerful psychic powers

Or by not letting them take 20-man units too.

Maybe it will, but that's forgeworld's decision to make. Some random player just saying he gets free psychic powers on his models is a whole other matter.

Also, forgeworld often put weaknesses in the LA rules (salamanders in sweeping advances, night lords/ultramarines having issues if the warlord dies, raven guard having limited tanks, etc.) to add flavour and balance the buffs. Giving your army a buff without any associated downsides isn't really representing missing LA rules.

When going for shooting and footslogging the real contemptor is still the better option. 5++ on all sides to begin with and BS 5 to boot.

>btw is desu a word ? Last thread I typed T B H in my comment (without the spaces) and in the post it showed up as DESU.

Yeah, M3 srry.

Your first desu is always a surprise.

The downsides are always bullshit. The dangel one specifcally

But what does it mean ?! D:

Fair enough, I planned on podding him, using the culverin to soften up infantry blobs and then charging them

>Yeah T B H S M H F A M gets wordfiltered to desu baka senpai

you need to be 18+ to post on this board, user

Seriously? DA have one of the best negative LA rules, it basically just means "don't lose faggot"

>Mfw the Fists and IWs downside is that you get to play the full game
Do_you_even_Siege.jpg

I want to put some Nurgle daemon allies with my WB. Something basic, just as a little flavor. Been thinking of:

Herald of Nurgle - Greater Reward (Greater Etherblade), Greater Locus of Fecundity
= 90pts.

Plague Bearers (20x) - Plague Banner, Plagueridden with Lesser Reward (Etherblade)
= 215pts.

Nurglings (6x)
= 90pts.

395pts. total.

Wouldn't a beast of nurgle serve you better than the nurglings?

But I'm 26 !

.... I'm gonna die a virgin aren't I ?

That would be at least entertaining. Veeky Forums is running out of money so Hiromoot is trying to get more money to keep it afloat

That's the AL one. The DA must end the game outnumbering the enemy. You could kill a SA Legate Commander and 80 riflemen and they'd still be getting up to 3VP even though the ones who punished the sin of lack of Zeal were the Iron Warriors, not the Dark Angels.

Going mostly with what's in the Start Collecting box and Nurglings are pretty iconic and fun. With a bit of creativity you can extend the 3 bases into 6 quite easily and I know someone who's interested in the drones, so I can use the money from that to buy more plaguebearers.

knowyourmeme.com/memes/desu

Here on TG (or Veeky Forums as a whole?) it "censors" words that are considered annoying.

Who needs women when you have the emperors love in your heart and resin dust in your lungs

If you are 26 and post on Veeky Forums you have no excuse not to know what desu means

Get to 30 and you'll become a ML1 wizard!

desu , ayyy lmao, rofl
roflcopter
meme
banned words?
fuck

Why have I never noticed the desu before?
I usually just post in 30k/40k and a DnD thread some times. I guess I don't use annoying words?

shit, got two more months to go
in real life ML1 isn't free

415/2000 points left to spend, IFs

I have a Praetor and Command Terminators in a LR, 3x Vet tacs tricked out and with Plasma and 2x Vindicators

I keep fucking about on Battlescribe but can't find the right thing to make up the points, or I end up with some shit number like 80 points left over

Desu is activated when you want to abreviate "to be h o n e s t", and f a m becomes sempai.
I guess you are never honest and feel endearment to no one.
You gotta do it right. Sindri-style ritual and stuff. Quickly, find somebody to betray!

Cheaper, perhaps to represent there's more, or maybe you can give ML1 to sgts or other HQs but they will cost points to represent that the model in game terms is worth more.

People ew.
Honesty ew
Alpha Legion

>btw is desu a word ?
It's Japanese - it's kind of like the word "is", but with polite connotation (use it when speaking formally) and it always goes at the end of a sentence. The "u" is usually silent because written Japanese syllables can only end in a vowel or an -n (so it's "dess" unless you're trying to sound silly).

Some anti-air? Does depend on your local scene of course, some clubs just don't use any.

AA is basically not a worry for me

A leviathan and a pod? Nothing like a good big distraction dread

Or maybe some jetbikes or speeders for fast move anti-infantry/ anti-tank depending on what you need

False, it means "the zoo"

Seems like a lot of points to sink into a single walker @ 2000 points

So, I wrote some fluff for my Praetor and my World Eaters company.

-=-=-=-PICT-FEED: SCOURING OF THE GOLGOTHA SECTOR -=-=-=-

Praetor Robigus Krask, the Calm
Captain of the World Eaters 245th Company

Robigus Krask, a veteran sergeant on the brink of promotion to Centurion at the time of Angron’s reunification with his legion, came into prominence during the Primarch’s first military action at Sarum. The newly formed 245th company had been tasked with the scourging of Brotherhood of Ruin and Ork forces from a vital Redjak Tech-complex. The World Eaters fleet had pushed through the enemy blockade, and the 245th made planetfall in the midst of the enemy, suffering near-catastrophic casualties in the opening exchange, including the death of its captain and his accompanying command cadre. The combined forces of the Brotherhood of Ruin and Orks isolated the 245th from the rest of their legion, as well as any form of meaningful support, and it was only the voice of Krask over the company vox-network that saved the company from ruin. Under his ad-hoc command, the company pushed through to the labyrinthine sub-vaults of Sarum, and there fought against immeasurable hordes of the foes in close, Zone Mortalis combat. At the height of this battle, the Taghmata Omnissiah forces of the Sarum Redjak joined the fray; Castellax Battle-Automata and Thallax shock troops fought alongside World Eaters Legiones Astartes, and together blazed a trail of blood to a hard-fought victory.

In the wake of this battle, Robigus Krask slew 4 of his fellow sergeants in sanctioned gladiatorial combat for the right to lead the company, and was granted the right to fold the remnants of several other shattered companies into his newfound command, along with rights of requisition for valuable materiel and recruitment facilities. The Redjak gifted him a bulky, bellicose suit of artificer power armour, as well as oaths of gratitude and mutual cooperation, to honour of the memory of the blood they shed together in the sub-vaults of Sarum. With his command solidified and forces marshalled, he warred across the Golgotha at the side of his Primarch; his actions in that long, bloody campaign would earn him the affectation “The Butcher of Golgotha”. His stern, stoic demeanour was reflected in the company’s favour of heavy support and armoured units in addition to the legion’s traditional use of close-order infantry assault, and the company’s close alliance to the Mechanicum of Sarum saw to his forces being continually resupplied with experimental gear and the latest creations of high techno-arcana.

I mean, I don't think two paragraphs is unreasonable desu senpai

Bellicose Boner, how didn't I think of that!
World Eaters and Mechanicum are friends, like WE &WB, if someone wanted to run them as Sworn Brothers I'd allow it.

SCANS?!?!1!!?1

Cut it out. There will never be any scans because no one here besides ScanAnon has a scanner.

>Kinda want dread drop pod
>kinda want siege dread
>kinda want volkite + something else Mortis dread
>indecision is crippling

The Lion's Lance
The Phoenician's Phallus
Rogal's Ramrod

>no one here besides ScanAnon has a scanner.
As in, a professional scanner, right? Or would a scanner-printer suffice?

Perty's plaything
Russ' rapestick
Night Haunter's night-naughtier
Is this worse or better than the Primarch waifu hhgs?