/ecg/ EDH / Commander General

/ecg/ EDH / Commander General

A Waifu To Surpass Elesh Norn Edition

Previous Thread

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/groupfug-1/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/15-10-16-HjU-sen-triplets-edh/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Saskia or Yidris?

Naya weenies here I come.

>waifu
Shit thread

Saskia is fucking vanilla garbage. Yidris looks fun.

Why are her legs so long ? Like seriously, is this bayoneta ?

I have absolutely no interest shitskia

Yidris at least seems like you could have some pretty spicy turns off the top of your deck

First for Red getting absolutely assfucked with highly conditional pingers while Blue gets unbelievable good stuff

Fifth for: More unicorns and pegasi as rare / mythic rare creatures!

Blue > Red

It's time you learn that, nerd.

>Blue gets unbelievable good stuff
As expected of MaRo sensei!

Do you like spells? Yidris
Do you like killing your opponents really fucking fast? Saskia
Do you like being target threat number one? Saskia

I'm gonna play Ravos/Tana with Saskia as a revenge commander in round 2
Or Saskia if there's some stall motherfucker at my table

>Holding out for Camel Tribal.

Oh wow UG players sticking to their fair and balanced colors and hating anything that's not infinite free value what a shocker

Do we know which decks are getting which partners yet?

someone posted them last thread.

Friend and I were talking about that the other day. Atraxa's proportions are all fucked because either the artist wanted t-rex arms and thick spider legs or he sucks at foreshortening.

The staff is also weird since it's close to her foot on the floor but looks far away in her hands but the hands make it seem like she's holding the staff from behind her.

Forced perspective, the camera is under her.

We'll get goat and ox tribal before that.

Well, then again, Amonkhet is coming.

If Amonkhet doesn't reprint Desert I'm going to fuck Maro in the throat.

Yeah I know but come on

>Stupid Ox
>4 mana rare
>2 toughness
>Has to stick around for multiple turns
>On top of that needs to have opponents not attack
>To ping

vs

>Maro Faeries
>4 mana rare
>2 toughness
>Creates additional creatures (which will probably do more damage than pinging if they swing once)
>Getting all the value of multiple ETB effects in EDH from every color your opponents are playing literally every single time they cast a creature

As a rare land maybe. But it would fuck with combat math a lot.

The ox is just a politics card that gets out of control if it happens to stick. It is fun for people like me, since the damage can quickly get over the top.

I know I kind of like it.

The faerie is just "Your opponents can't cast creatures for a little bit", which is definitely powerful since ETB is out the ass in EDH, but isn't nearly as exciting to red fans like me who actually enjoy dealing damage.

Wouldn't it be cool if they put a ton of shit on the Reserved List in the set and said "The theme of the set is ancient history, so we decided to reprint old, dusty cards no one has had access to for years but that everyone wants!"

If only blue had ways to give it flash and protect it with something like counter magic.

The faeries should have been UR honestly, how is temporary artifact creature creation with an exile clause not UR??

>caring about cards on the RL

Are you poor or something?

Jeez, why do retards keep mismanaging general creation? I knew the second spoilers dropped that this would be the case. Kindly, get your shit together, or let someone else do it.

What's the story behind the picture?

Why does it matter if it is U or UR? You still could only run it in decks with U in them.

Like literally anything else in the world.

Two people wanted to prove something and started ripping up the cards from their own folders in front of the other one to prove who could rip up more value.

Morons trying to get a rise out of people.

Similar to those people who wait in line for a new game system just to smash it in front of the other people in line. They think they're being edgy.

What's wrong with it ?

Just the fact that Maro denied it to Red out of his spite for all non-blue. He just couldn't stand a decent card having a red mana symbol in it so he ignored the color pie who would have thought.

You're a creative troll, I'll give you that!

>another properly created general already exists on the same topic
>waifu talk in the OP
>/ecg/ whatever the fuck that means instead of /edh/
Many things user, many things.

Thanks! I appreciate it.
I try my best to troll and misinform on Veeky Forums using various means. I have 15 years of internet trolling on my back.

who /CASCADE/ here

>that gets out of control if it happens to stick.
nice meme

Kind of reminds us that the system of private property is inherently flawed since it enables idiots like this to waste scarce resources.

You really need to get a grip. Look, I love red and I love that we got a form of card draw and they are printing a ton more Kikki Jikki variants.

Saying that every U card that overlaps UR is a statement of defiance wrought by Maro himself is just dumb.

>waste scarce resources.

It's more a problem of capitalism. You get to pay money for scarce resources and then you can destroy them. But the resources were used because there was a demand for them - you., even though you destroyed them.

Look, I get that 10 damage is nothing in EDH but I love the idea of pillow forting with this guy in play and this guy starting to burn people down. You wipe the board, play this guy and it'll tick up for a full turn cycle unless they spend spot removal or have haste.

Whatever. I'm not here to change people's minds, I just wanted to let people know that there is an audience for this sort of card.

I'm honestly shocked there's any interest in Yidris at all. Anyone who's interested in funhappy free card surprises should have already played Wanderer, Intet, etc. to death. This dude won't play much differently.

You realize if you "pillowfort" you're probably going to end up burning yourself more than anyone else, right?

>Arguing that ARTIFACT CREATION COPYING CREATURES WITH AN EXILE CLAUSE isn't UR

Explain how it's not. Explain how making temporary copies of creatures that eventually get exiled isn't Red whatsoever and only Blue.

>tfw you give him doublestrike and take an extra combat step
>Cast a Maelstrom wander and then proceed to cascade, cascade, cascade, cascade, cascade, cascade.
muh dick. He'll make a fun storm commander, that's for damn sure.

Maelstrom is too strong for jank. And Intet is too weak. Cascade is fun and with Gilded Lotus and what not, you could end up cascading more than 3 times with this guy.

I see it now, it's kind of like you are on all fours in front of her about to lick her foot.

because fuck you

Intet actually just kills through combat damage before you can cast four free spells.

Will they ever make a Yawgmoth?

Eh. Only for the first couple of turns and then you can also run stuff like Purity, Personal Sanctuary, Solitary Confinement, Protective Sphere, etc.

I've had a deck that did this sort of thing before. It is a lot of fun.

Oh my god. I didn't realise that multiple damage triggers would make spells cascade multiple times... Now it's a shame he doesn't have Bant in his colours for Fateful hour

Exactly. Red is in my bottom 2 colors that I play but it's just obvious they're making it bad on purpose and refuse to expand on it as a color.

No, someone like Yawgmoth or Urza on a card would have to be absurdly over the top strong like original Emrakul and they're done doing stuff like that

No,

His card would be Broken

"Wanderer except less politically scary" isn't unique enough to be worth the slot, and I'm not even sure how much less hated he'll be.

I'm just disappointed by the uniqueness in general of the nephilim generals. Only Saskia and Gay Kings are particularly unique, otherwise it's just a by-the-colors toolbox, Wanderer 2.0 and a french vanilla proliferator.

I'm ure they will make Yawgmoth and Urza in the next three years. Probably already in C17.

did I shitpost well enough /edh/-kun?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/groupfug-1/

It is a purely defensive card and the tokens are permanent. I get that they are "temporary", but they don't get haste.

It feels like Pure Reflection more than anything.

How much Ramp does one want in a Xenagos, God of Revels deck? And what kinds?

I hope not, they'll be a bigger disappointment than Ludevic.

>Yawgmoth, Father of Machines
>BBBBBBBBBBBBB
>When Yawgmoth, Father of Machines is cast you win the game, you win the next game and you win every game of Magic: The gathering within a 10 mile radius.

The same amount that's in any deck. 8-10 pieces, particularly things that put multiple lands onto the field untapped, followed by fancy sol ring style rocks, followed by lands that come in tapped.

This is my list of decks. I love red. I clearly love red. I'm all for expanding its color pie, but I don't feel it is particularly red. Getting blockers or ETBs during your opponents turn doesn't feel red to me.

depends how you want to play him

slow and steady
>10-15 big & small land fetches (3 to 6 mana)

aggro gruul smash
>8-12 smaller land fetches, rocks and mana dorks (3 mana max)

was daretti spoiled for c16? on troll and toad looking at preorders and hes in the list

>As an additional cost to cast Yawgmoth, Father of Machines, sacrifice a player.

>multiple lands onto the field untapped
Such as?

post it

>Unless a writer is hired to use the pen of god against you.
>Then you lose.
>For now.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/15-10-16-HjU-sen-triplets-edh/

Anyone have any suggestions for my Sen Triplets deck? Never built a 3-color deck before and I'm worried about my mana base.

Yup. Here's hoping each deck gets a walker

>Kicker: Pay 30 life.
>If the Kicker was paid kick target opponent in the balls.

You planning on Tana/Sidar, too?

>as an additional cost to cast yawgmoth, father of machines, sacrifice yourself

>As an additional cost to Yawgmoth, Father of Machines, slit both your wrists
>Yawgmoth, Father of Machines gets +10/+10 for each turn you're alive

>sacrifice your brother
ftfy

Doesn't need them when Aggravated Assault and Sword of F&F are a thing

You have only 1 land that generates any color, maybe get at least Mana Confluence too so you can safely play stuff from RG decks too.

It's also pretty easy to give him double strike too.

>When you cast Yawgmoth, Father of Machines, invade the current plane and convert it into another Phyrexia.

>I love red. I clearly love red.
You are a bro and I would enjoy playing with you

True enough. It was just the first one I could think of, seeing how I have a Rafiq deck.

My lgs has a game where you get a pack at a discount, it gets shuffled face down, and take turns where you pick a card, afterwards shopkeep tears a random one in half. If you get a rare, you get a whole pack free.

Got a list? I've wanted to build Rafiq for a while

Celestial Dawn is kind of neat with Sens Triplets so you can cast anything

Oh right I only checked his manabase because of the post but yeah, Celestial Dawn helps a lot. Lattice too but he also has it.

Only a heavily outdated one. I've tweaked it quite a lot since I last updated the tapped-out one.

Not to mention, I'm thinking of completely changing it from going to straight up voltron only to a lot of creatures that can also abuse rafiq's trigger, like the hydra that deals damage to each other player than the one it hit.in combat etc.

I've been looking for a new Bolton commander and Ydris seems like he'll be really fun in that regard.
>All of your auras and equipment cascade into more auras and equipment, which in turn make it easier to cascade into auras and equipment
I'm rock hard right now

>tfw care too much about lore to make an EDH deck because it would all be from different planes and shit

Give me a Return set soon, fuckers.

*Voltron
Go fuck yourself spellcheck

Don't worry user, were returning to Kaladesh next.

I just want flavorful decks for all the Tarkir clans.