I'm triple fucked anons

I'm triple fucked anons

I'm a GM in a TRPG association in my uni and tomorrow we have a session. Just today a literally retard and his gf/translator said that they wanted to join the game and have been trying to have these two persons who have never played a trpg to create a character all day to no avail

they have taken too fucking long to choose anything from the options provided. The guy might be mentally challenged but the girl has no fucking excuse.
Now this raises a lot of questions like "what the fuck is a retard doing in an university" but more importantly is what the fuck am I going to do with them, since pretty much the only option seems to be to tell the rest of the players to go fuck themselves with the story because its baby sitting game time

actually the biggest worry is that I had an important encounter planned for tomorrow and now I don't have the time to plan another thing that won't be improvised shit

Give pregen options. If you're playing in an RPG association no shit you're open to this kind of roadbump. GMing for the public is babysitting by default. If you're more focused on story and consistency and don't want to deal with drop ins and retards get your friends to play outside of the association, in a dorm, lobby, apartment, or what have you.

>"what the fuck is a retard doing in an university"
diversity quotas

run one-shot with pregen-characters of that obscure system you always wanted to try

I do both thing, I play with some people outside and then I have this other group at the uni

>one shot with pregen characters
I have zero of that. Its a really good idea but I don't know any and I don't have time to learn of any
also, after having tried all day to get their characters done to no avail (the retard and the girl made the basis: race, exaltation and class but didn't expand over it by choosing things like abilities or stats because they were taking so fucking long to decide anything) they would be disappointed if when they came it would be "lol no, pregen characters" even when I actually don't give a fuck about them enjoying it or not (rather it would be nice if they didn't like it and never came back)

Who is the real retard - the retard, or the person who cannot say no to the retard?

I bet he is laughing his ass off at your betaness.

But okay, lets say you are just that retarded. Just have him play a character that won't be too vital so he doesn't slow the other players down. There you go.

>Who is the real retard - the retard, or the person who cannot say no to the retard?
University associations are generally not allowed to turn any students away unless they can demonstrate a pattern of unacceptable behaviour.

UNI
ASSOCIATION

have the balls to tell him "no you can't play a game with us" and you'll have the fucking dean or something throwing down the door and declaring the association suspended, even more if it is a mentally challenged person

I appreciate the effort but I'm not sure how the group would take it

also there's like 7 players or even more

Dude, if you are literally running for first-timers with no prior experience why the hell are you dropping big sets of character creation on them?

Just grab some rules-light system and roll with that. Maybe go for an OSR game, they have tonnes of modules and you can make a character in like 5 minutes with no prior experience. Don't try and incorporate them into an ongoing game until they have got some experience - shoehorning in new characters controlled by new players and having to explain away their dissapearance will put a cloud over a long running campaign.

>I actually don't give a fuck about them enjoying it or not
What kind of chucklefuck put you in charge of new players? Dosen't this association have any kind of new player protocol?

No buts.

>why the hell are you dropping big sets of character creation on them?
because the fuckers insisted in joining the game we are already carrying
and they decided they wanted to join today
actually they showed interest some weeks ago but then they came today and said "okay we join you in your session tomorrow ;)" the fuckers...

but even then I don't have a campaign

You don't need a campaign.
Sandbox it.
Or pick a module.

Say that you cannot GM for him due to your religion and force him onto another GM.

Or rip plot from obscure piece of fiction players would not know.

Well just say "Sorry, we are playing a relatively complex game and I already am at my player limit. It was probably poorly advised to try and start you here of all places, and I doubt my long-term players would appreciate any large formula changes. Prehaps we can schedule some kind of introductory session at a later date?"

And a bonus picture for OP.

still, I'm reading these characters and its pretty fucking dumb to an embarrassing point

>inb4 "its for a retarded person"
oi, nice way to say "I know you wanted to play like the cool kids, but because you are special we have to play this stupid thing instead"

can't
I'm not allowed to reject anyone who wants to join. And even then the guy and the gf are going to appear anyway

bad news, a friend has just called saying that the guy would grant the association a subvention so I have to play it nice here

not gonna do it, its pretty fucking lame

>Not allowed to reject anyone
Don't need to reject them, just schedule seperate games from your main group. If this ends up cutting into the main group time just explain the situation to them - In their shoes I would rather have less frequent games then have an ongoing one ruined by inconsistent new players.

Welcome to the real world, kid. I'm about to teach you a trick that you will find invaluable in any future office environment.

Write down and submit to someone else in the association (this is important) a request to change the meeting venue for some bullshit but completely logical reason, like noise issues. Send the retard and his GF the notice. Then change it again and send the other change notice to everyone else but not the retard.

If you get caught, you have the change requests showing it was all above board and you just happened to forget someone who showed up at the last second, while you remembered everyone else because they had been there for a while.

Usually the hassle this puts people through makes them just not bother the next time. But if it happens again, lodge a formal complaint about the bullshit (ie. noise) with the university and do it again.

>exaltation
You're playing Exalted?

still don't know how the fuck I managed to convince them to

Oh, and if you want to extra shield your ass then ask someone you know is unreliable to tell the retards and tell the others yourself.

problem is that nobody except me and another guy at the association (coincidentally the previous GM) would like that shit being pulled because they want to be nice to new people, not knowing the pain I'm going to go through and would react with a "don't be a fucking dick, user"

also, I don't have time to pull it, session is in 11 hours and I like sleeping at least 8

See, that's why you have the deniability. You weren't being a dick, you forgot. You're human, it happens!

nobody in the association save one guy would let that shit slide, and they aren't dumb
and again, no time

>what the fuck is a retard doing in an university
what else is new?

>d20
sigh

>seven players
You know that you can say no, right
That's way too many players

>You know that you can say no, right
EXCEPT THAT I CAN'T

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA kill me

Sounds like you have made up your mind that you're fucked and just want to cry about it then, senpai.

But as for not letting it slide and not being dumb, it literally does not matter. They suspect, but don't know. If you insist it was a mistake and express remorse then literally nobody will hardcore call you out on it... UNLESS you have done something retarded previously like explicitly saying you don't want them in your group. If you have been nice and helpful and welcoming so far it will get overlooked as a possible mistake.

The truth is, what the fuck are they going to do? The university is an entity ruled by office politics, and as long as you have written proof that you were trying to do things "correctly" then they won't do anything.

Honestly, though, it sounds like you have convinced yourself that there is nothing to be done. I guess it's time to go to sleep and GM for a retard later? Congrats.

you still have several options:
a) run oneshot with zero prep - it will suck but that's the point. Clue the others in that this is to make sure the tard will not want to stay.
b) no character no game - tard can join after he did his homework and the chargen is complete. If the guy above in the chain of command is former DM he should understand.
c) sick leave - get more time to think it through
d) coddle to the tard in trade for favors from the uni - if they are getting subversion when the tard is happy and you're helping to keep the tard happy, then there should be something for you (might not fly depending on how you local custom views underhand deals)
e) get Chad to keep the girl busy, hopefully the tard won't show up without her

>They suspect, but don't know
god fucking damn it, you really think people can be so fucking stupid?

>what the fuck are they going to do?
they can impeach me as a GM, and they don't need any rules to do that

honestly, it feels like you think you are so more clever than anyone else

>sick leave
sound plausible
might have to resort to that, even though I was really looking forward to this session

I still have to deliver some movies to one of the members in a flash drive, but I'll figure something out

Sack up, quit being a lil bitch, and run that retard an awesome game of D&D.

>god fucking damn it, you really think people can be so fucking stupid?
Not retarded, just non-confrontational. But that's beside the point. Like I said, it doesn't matter as long as you play it off right. Delay the game and wait around for a while when they don't show up. Wonder aloud where they are. So on and so forth. I don't know your specific situation so I can't run this shit for you, but people are easy to convince of something they want to think is true.

Even communicating with you so far, though, it seems obvious you don't have the ability to play it off.

>they can impeach me as a GM, and they don't need any rules to do that
Wut. Sure impeachment, whatever. I'm sure that's likely to happen, they are going to ruin their evening and take on GMing responsibility due to some retard they don't know. You're helpless, nothing to be done. Go cry in your beer.

>honestly, it feels like you think you are so more clever than anyone else
Not really, just someone who has worked shitty jobs before and knows basic office politics due to that. It works, not my fault if you don't believe that. You will learn eventually.

b) actually sounds like something that would work OP. cant you tell them that if they don't come prepared they don't get to play or some shit? maybe they'll realize they don't give a fuck about actually putting in effort and just not come back.

If you don't have room in your game, you don't have room. There's nothing you can do to change that. You may not be allowed to deny him entry to the club, but does that mean you have to ruin the game trying to accommodate some randos who don't even pay dues or whatever? Find or get a new game started for them.

actually we tried all day today to make their character and they were too fucking dumb (not only the retard, the girl too) to understand it and we had to leave it at "well, we'll have to finish making them tomorrow (because you motherfuckers take ages to decide simple things)

But yeah, I might have to impose a rule of "come with your character already done if you want to play"

I'm going to go with c)

perhaps you are right
Too many times I tried running a game with more than 5 people and ended up being a trainwreck. I think I should learn to say "sorry we are full"

Now other problem is that the association's main selling point is the rpg sessions, so the prez might not like the idea of "sorry pal, I can't accept more people into the rpg, so you have to cut advertising it in order to attract more people to become members"

If the guy running the little club doesn't understand that more than 4 people bogs down gameplay, he shouldn't have set it up in the first place.

But since you are here and the time to act is upon you, I would try to make the best of things. Make the handicapped student and the girl understand the core rules and have a character created before allowing them to play. Make them understand that it isn't just a CYOA, that there are numerous rules to learn, a lot of simple math, and that they have to know how to interact with and form a proper party.

I should also add that you shouldn't be bitter about this. It only leads to more bullshit later on. Try to make it enjoyable for yourself, and the rest of the players. Talk to them and help them understand that sessions with these people will be even slower than normal, what with having to babysit and coddle these nubs

Shave an hour or so off your sleep schedule, devote that extra time to thinking of something fun for everyone to do that doesn't involve a shitload of ruling, at least for just one session.

Alternatively, you could take the passive-aggressive route and make it so unenjoyable for everyone that the group decides to break up and you never have to deal with that again. The power's in your hands here, man, use it how you see fit.

Jesus Christ. It sounds like the organization needs you more than you need it. What ARE you getting out of this club that keeps you from running the game on your own?

I'd honestly bail the minute they tried to saddle me with a player that can't even make a character and still wants to play.

Don't play with the club/association anymore?

Play in the privacy of your/someone else's place with friends?

Very easy solutions pal. Don't be a pussy.

The solution isn't "quit advertising we're fucking full" the answer is "get more DMs"

Have you tried not playing Pathfinder?

IT ISN'T exclusively a trpg association, but the trpg on frydays is the main attraction

we are friends and i fucking love playing with them at the association. I also play outside of it with other people

are you a fucktard?

eh, we have to suggest something like that

have you tried reading the fucking thread? I know its a meme joke

Then you're hopeless, and you just made this thread to bitch. Get fucked and bring nappies to wipe up retard drool.

Well, either do something like change the venue and play it off as an accident, "no character, no play."

If you're just going to go all "woe is me, I can't do anything," fuck right off to your hugbox of choice.

>we have to suggest something like that
Sounds like a plan. The big thing to remember: don't be an ass about it. Be the hero this club needs, not the one it deserves.

>"woe is me, I can't do anything,
holy fuck, literally read the thread and then go kill yourself

I was going to answer you nicely but then you just had to go full asshole

I think I'm going to ask two things: no character=no game, so that only people who show true interest join and ask for another GM do other games because I can't go with so many people

What does retard mean? It's pretty imprecise. IQ? Mental age? The type of disability makes a difference on how to deal with it.

Is there a supervisor to talk to? Can you explain to anyone that the aide is not doing a good job? We all know all day for chargen is too long. You need now to see how things go, keep a log if needed and create a rational logical set of concerns.

Working with Persons With Special Needs is a demanding task. Not everyone is cut out for it.

Ask the supervisor what support you personally are going to get. If the aide isn't functioning as you expect you need to tell the supervisor this as maybe your expectations are wrong or maybe the aide is doing her job and then you do good karma with the universe for helping this guy get the help he needs. Ask your club president, who I agree with another user in the post looks like he needs you more than you need the club, what support he's giving you.

If the new guy has a low mental age then it's going to be like you and your party and someone's kid brother. That's not quite as bad as it sounds. A lot of kid brothers are quiet and say stuff all. They tend not to have magical realms, they don't go around metagaming, and when they do act it's pretty simple and direct things. They tough part is if they act out or if they get too attached to their character and cry over stuff.

While it's too late now, I think I saw an user in this thread say something about saying this week is not a good time to start. Sit and observe. Explain to both about narrative and your preparation time and that when it's convenient in the session the character can arrive.

Tell the aide and player that they can play a pregen character this week. If they don't like the pregen, they had better RTM and have their own ready and submitted to you at least two days before next session so you can approve it.

Remember that chargen is just one part of the game. You may find the guy is actually enjoyable to have in the game.

>maybe the aide is doing her job
Sorry, should be "the aide isn't doing her job well"

Shoulda said "That's great you want to play. There's some set up that I'll need to walk you through and I don't have time before the game tomorrow. Lets meet later this week and we'll get you set up for next week's session"

That gives you a week to think of something or for them to flake.

If he want's to be a in an Official Uni association he has to take any students unless they conduct themselves in a poor manner.

Your best bet is to grit your teeth and try get someone else you know to start running games for tard and other newbies, possibly another player who's interested in very basic DMing.

As for why retards get into Uni it's more like an advanced daycare option.

Many just stay in undergrad cycling through various arts papers.

You have the other guy with GM experience: have him start a new group so you have two reasonable sized groups rather than trying to get a 9 man group to work. Won't help your current situation but it's what needs to happen long term if you're attracting new players.

It's not d20. It's 4e.