Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

What are some optional rules your party has used?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Kineticists of Porphyra IV: End of an Era playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1XTgiUdDSrTCvATEDeDJ4MnbDgS6KEBLu2e9mjj5fwaw/edit
Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/mAyLsjji
pastebin.com/iQxkDA5P
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Background skills, Words of Power, and fighters getting free Combat Stamina. The last one hasn't seen very much use in-game, though.

>Combat Stamina
I often find that replacing Burn with Stamina is a solid houserule.

>What are some optional rules your party has used?

Elephant in the Room alternative feat tax. I liked it. It cleaned up a lot of the feat taxes and was nice.

Background skills or skill groups is always a must.

>What are some optional rules your party has used?
Background Skills are the major one.

Unchained Monks & Rogues as well.

I use Unchained Barbarian, but with Chained Barbarian Rage (the only thing I don't like about Unchained Barbarian is the different in rage).

I use parts of retraining and downtime (retraining takes longer, downtime has been changed because parts are retarded).

I use Kingdom Building but with Ultimate Rulership and Ultimate Conquering (3rd party rulesets by the guy who wrote Kingdom building that fixes a ton of the issues).
Also because I am a horrible person I do not use gp/sp/cp and instead each country has their own currency/exchange rates. In much of the world they will still accept your currency because it is good silver, but not every kind of currency is accepted everywhere.

Pictures, path of war corrupting the children.

First for pregnant PCs.

No fuck off

PoW classes are boring an unfun to me, but archetypes with partial initiating and characters with Martial Training feats are pretty great. Especially my nigga Aegis.

>Also because I am a horrible person I do not use gp/sp/cp and instead each country has their own currency/exchange rates. In much of the world they will still accept your currency because it is good silver, but not every kind of currency is accepted everywhere.

I like this one. Especially if one country uses a heavier weight for gold coins and everyone wants them over other countries coins so money changers have to be on the ball.

I could also give Appraise some love if you tie it to that skill.

Aegis with Initiator's Soul and Student of the Astral Suit
plus War Soul Gifted Blade Soulknife with Fighter's Blade
plus levels in Awakened Blade

be the Jedi Power Ranger

This, plus Stalker, desu.

Houserules are on there twice.

Replace one with "Someone is accused of being 'DSP without a trip'."

First for OverPoWered

Agreed. do this

Fox posting is out of the way.

Any other changes?

perfect

Yeah, change it to "DSP Shill accusations" instead. Much better wording.

Here is something I have done:
>Elves live in a large slaving empire, where in order to emulate their fey ancestor's "courts" they enslave lesser races as a reflection of the lesser fey who flock to the sides of the seelie and unseelie sidhe
>one such race are trolls
>Elves do not have formal currency, instead established prices for precious metals, a elf will carry around spools of wire of precious metal and snip off an amount
>the reason this works is because essentially all elves know mending, when receiving an amount they will use mending to attach the wire to their own spool (conserving the currency)
>it is considered rude to give multiple pieces and rude to give underweighted pieces
>this gives rise to "A Troll Finger", so as to not offend elven shop keepers a troll will almost always overpay (due to their oversized hands and not wanting to offend and snip off an extra bit). The extra metal is called a troll's finger. It is considered low brow to overpay as it is associated with lesser races.

I also have a bunch of systems for money lenders.

why tho?

I'm playing one right now~

Yeah I agree.

>Mending
>Casting time: 10 minutes.

I like the wire and the mending route. Not sure about the trolls finger. That could just be my inner Jewbadar showing though.

What do you mean why though?

Elves try and emulate the fey because they were essentially cast off as afterthoughts by the sidhe. They are trying to be acknowledged as they own court like the Seelie, Unseelie, or one of the lesser courts (there are half a dozen, the elves aren't any).

Elves are actually the children of Humans and Sidhe, only a few elves know this and they fucking guard the secret as a great shame and believe this is why they were barred from their ancestor's ranks.

This is also why elves have a deep ingrained racial hatred of humans.

Cool. Is there a spheres version of this?

No, nobody cares that much.

nobody cares that much about spheres

I gave it to them as a standard action for very small objects.

I mean the trolls don't like that the Troll's Finger is a thing either.

when we have arguments over spheres that span LITERALLY A YEAR NOW. Then I will make one.

Is it really not okay to out-perform everyone else in combat?

I mean I'm a little familiar with Lo5R, and their martials are explicitly for different types of combat, while their sneaky characters are for sneaky shenanigans, their social characters are for blackmail and protecting the party from being ordered to kill themselves, and their magic-y types are for anti-demon anti-magicy shenanigans.

Actually better how about one for non-DSP tripfags.

Does anyone have a list of non-DSP tripfags?

N.Jolly, touhofag, and DepressedHomebrewer are the ones I know.

2hu doesn't use trips, or at least hasn't for quite awhile.

2hu's never had a trip.

QANON used to exist, but she's dead or something.

There's the cowboy setting guy but he barely posts stuff and is admittedly a slow worker

>Is it really not okay to out-perform everyone else in combat?
It's a matter of degrees, but generally no.

Pathfinder isn't like shadowrun where you have the "Face, hacker, gunbunny, etc".

Combat is most of the game and rules, so it's expected that everyone participates in a roughly equal manner.

L5R is a very different kind of game to pathfinder, and no character (even in L5R) should ONLY have combat skills.

If you do you are literally a bad samurai and your GM should punish you for it because you fuck up every time you are in a social situation and get docked honor. If you're a samurai and don't have an art & game you should be punished. No seriously that's how the system is supposed to work, it's part of bushido code.

Did we finally stop talking about BUILDPOSTER ?

I mean more recognizable people, not just trip fags.

He died or something

oh.

You fool, you summoned them!

Oh, well then don't say trips next time.

Yeah mostly. I miss BUILDPOSTER. He was fun to be angry at.

notsureiffuckingdumb.jpeg

I want to make the wildsoul archetype have a frog option so bad desu

why is this my kink.

>It's a matter of degrees, but generally no.

I still don't really see the issue though.

If you've got Greg the monster-entrail fucker over there doing his job fucking monsters entrails, and then you've got beth the social combat waifu beth probably isn't going to be nearly as optimized for rip and tear as greg is.

I just want to have frog gloves / dinosaur hands.

Maybe play a soulbolt or something.

fun things are fun

>He died or something
Still here.

Aww thanks.

Well the problem is that MOST characters are built around combat. It's not like when the street sam out-shines the face with a gun. It's entirely possible to make one character who is a combat monster AND just as good at diplomacy/whatever.

you should go die.

I'd have to agree with Buildposter on this, combat is a huge part of the game and PF classes are designed around the assumption every class can contribute to combat in a meaningful way.

Outshining a character in something they didn't invest or design for at all is one thing, but everyone builds to take part in combat.

A huge problem in L5R however is that NPCs and character creation are massively borked. The game basically assumes you're going to stay at home and keep getting trained until insight 3.

A starting courier might easily talk himself into getting executed because of slightly below average rolls if he gets into any kind of opposed intrigue whatsoever. Likewise, the starting combatants are utterly fucked against bandits, most especially the archer ones.

Original charter, I like the improvements.

>PF classes are designed around the assumption every class can contribute to combat in a meaningful way.

Sweet.

Anything I should add?

Anime girls and fox posting is a bit redundant, topical subjects can probably be swapped out with one as they become relevant.

They might not have -succeeded- at it, but damn well that was the intent.

Every class has combat features.

>I'm playing one right now

You can't say that without explaining if it's a backstory thing, a CUTE in-game thing or a decidedly not cute thing.

Because pregnancy is a fairly universal indicator of fertility and... Well, it's kinda the thing we're wired to do. Personally I'm not a fan of the big ole bellies (at least, not in any remotely sexual way) but I appreciate the conception.

Uh... Actually, Paladin was originally going to be as weak or weaker than its 3.5 counterpart, because it was the "superior roleplaying opportunity class"

Yes, really.

The fans in playtesting bitchslapped that idea, which is the only reason we got a balanced paladin.

Why are the psionics classes so much better designed than the PoW ones?

Biological imperative.

Me and a friend applied to a lite-lewd game as a Paladin (him) and Cleric (me) engaged couple of Erastil. Fast-forward a few months realtime of adventure and saving the area, we were wed, began settling down, expecting the DM to pull a THE NEXT GENERATION OF HEROES on us, just in time for Arc 2 of the story to land right on us around the start of the second trimester.

Roleplaying opportunity should not be seen as a resource some classes have more of than others, that's a toxic viewpoint for the hobby. If there's a problem with a class's ability to be a unique character or provide roleplay than mmaaaayyybbbeeee you should be fixing the class or folding it into an archetype or hell I dunno, work out a "How to" manual on roleplaying the class.

I can believe that, the excuse they made for vow of poverty was just heckin' shameful.

>Pre POW/Augmented Soulknives
>Marksman
>Tactician

I dunno, you tell me.

>aegis
>wilder
>ect

That's incredibly cute, user. Sounds like you had fun with the character, and that's what matters! I know I'd want to play a couple like that - religiously motivated especially - so I might have to steal that if I ever find someone who'd want to play with pregnancy on the table.

Paladin and Cleric is our favorite duo app, we do it whenever possible. Knight in shining armor protecting his precious caster waifu? Mmf.

everyone should duo-app its just better

ITS JUST BEETTEEEERR

Hero Points
Gestalt, when I had less than four players
Critical Hit and Critical Fumble decks

But don't duo apps mean you're kind of excluding the rest of the party from interacting you as much since most of your character's focus is on their app partner?

Only if you're a dickwolf.

Don't be a dickwolf.

Paladin mom and Aegis dad
Once the baby's born, passenger customizations make best carry.

How many other backpacks can claim to offer DR, energy resistances and underwater breathing?

How JoJo have your games gotten?

Statted out DIO for a fight.

Mind if I get that statblock from ya?

Cha: ∞

Playing a goddamn Avant Guard.
>Name can almost be shortened to JoJo
>Called my stand Daft Punk
>Got a psicrystal and said it's part of the stand like Sheer Heart Attack, will call it Around the World
>Awakened to Stand Power from a traumatic incident
>Got to oraoraoraora a captured villain
>Max out intimidate to go full [Menacing]
>Focus on Telekinesis and say it's the stand invisibly lifting things

I am all the jojo.

Rainy is that you.

I don't know if I saved it, but he was just a Vampire (Human) Fractured Mind Spiritualist with the Pride phantom, VMC Divination (Foresight) Wizard.

Illusion of Perfection is the "gogogogo" that appears when he attacks.

If you can get that to me I would love it. I'm running a campaign and I have the perfect idea for it.

I'll see if I can scrounge it up, just keep in mind this was pretty high level.

Sounds perfect :D

No?

We have a Spiritualist (Fractured Mind - Jealousy) in the Party

I ended up starting a romance with another player but I still make sure to interact with each other party member in unique and meaningful ways. The druid is my adoptive aunt, the paladin is my confidante as the only other combat veteran.

I mean it was pretttyyyy telling. If someone else could claim to have done all that exactly I'd be surprised!

>tfw urge to homebrew non-vancian casters and PoW classes with some in-combat emphasis moved to out-of-combat because my homebrewed high fantasy wuxia system is going nowhere
I just want to play a youxia

I made one, if you want!

pastebin.com/mAyLsjji

I'm playing a vampire Sanguinist Medic who drinks people with her hands.
We had a Fool's Errand focused Steelfist commando who was basically Joseph. Who I killed.
We have a ZweiSent who kept standing behind the steelfist and hitting people from over his shoulder and never speaking. Who we dubbed his stand.

Has anyone eradicated the orcs in their campaign?

Okay, I found parts of the notes for the character so I put it pretty much back together. I think some of the math is off though and there are numbers I can't remember the sources for, and it was never particularly well-optimized to begin with, so I'd use it as a base and fix it up for your own purposes.

pastebin.com/iQxkDA5P

Why would you want to do that?

Don't hide it from me, /pfg/

Tell me about your original setting?

Flat world where life was created from a great silver sword, thrust down from the heavens from whence the major races sprang. And in the shadow of the sword came the lesser races and monsters that inhabit the world.
Silver sword was/is a spaceship and most of the monsters are radiated mutations. Then it goes into Spelljammer

Are you sure you want to know? Because that's a big can of worms and will take up a bunch of posts.

Been there, done that. Ended ok, I guess... The kid was a little, off; subject to GM discretion.