How would modern day witch hunters playout?

How would modern day witch hunters playout?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanic_panic_(South_Africa)#SAPS_Occult_Related_Crimes_Unit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day-care_sex-abuse_hysteria
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Contrasted against the medieval original?

>Evangelical VS Scientific appraoch

>Forged weapons VS High Calibur firearms

>Armored in vestements of faith VS Kevlar

>Well bred steeds VS Mustang GTX

Really, you just need to check off all the same boxes, but modernize the equipment

>Supernatural shit starts going down
>Modern shit isn't working so well
>Old timey witch hunting garb and weapons made through unknown and unreproducable means work really well
>You modernize bits and pieces where you can (patching the outfits with kevlar and using modern chemical formulations instead of period-accurate black powder) but you're still gonna be swinging an axe lined with silvery stuff and loading muzzle-fed weapons like your life depends on it
>At least you get the cool headgear

Always have it that maybe some high up general find out magic users are manipulating the goverment so he goes AWOL and comes up with a team of survivalists,conspiracy theorists, and what ever religious person he can find to investigate and maybe find a way to end it.

>and loading muzzle-fed weapons like your life depends on it
Nah. A silver/holy bullet fired from a modern automatic or semiautomatic rifle is no different that the same bullet fired from a black powder muzzle loading rifle.
Unless it is the rifle itself that is blessed and the ammunition doesn't matter. In which case, you'd need a good explanation for why I can't have my M249 blessed.

They have them in west Africa. They're usually Protestant demagogues with some knowledge of scripture and a gaggle of thugs in tow.

>A silver/holy bullet fired from a modern automatic or semiautomatic rifle is no different that the same bullet fired from a black powder muzzle loading rifle.

>weapons made through unknown and unreproducable means work really well
>Unknown and unreproducable means

The idea being that you've got to use a muzzle-loaded gun because the fancy supernatural-upfucking munitions are made specifically for use in a muzzle-loader, and you don't have the means/knowledge to make supernatural-upfucking munitions compatible with modern firearms.

Of course if the reloading part's a problem, you could just wear a brace of like eight of them. Fire your flintlock, drop it and grab a fresh one.

Like actual witch hunters then?

An evangelical serial killer with a penchant for the second amendment.

Probably also has some sort of 'anti-sjw' internet personality on tumblr or twitter.

>In which case, you'd need a good explanation for why I can't have my M249 blessed.

Because nobody seriously believes that they can bless a M249. Go to the craziest Evangelical or Catholic and they'll wave their arms and sprinkle Holy Water while thinking "yeah right, like I can make the Holy Spirit come down and live in a big heap of metal."

Oh god how glorious it would have been to have made my SAW blessed, it already had an underslung M320 and an ACOG

I'd say it depends on whether or not they're state sanctioned, if they aren't then it becomes standard WoD stuff, if they are then things become a lot more interesting

I think OP meant in a 1st World context, not a 3rd World one

I'd find it more interesting if modern weapons can work on Witches, the hard part is actually reaching them in the first place, as most Witches worth their salt would probably have a cult and/or coven to protect them(not to mention whatever supernatural horrors they can conjure up), and most of them live in places that you can't just have a drone blow it up

>I'd find it more interesting if modern weapons can work on Witches
To each their own m8. I was going for an angle that emphasized the aesthetic but fighting fuckers like witches with modern weaponry is also rad.

Orthodox priests regularly bless APCs, tanks, rifles, etc

Why not a witchhunter that tracks down his enemies by monitoring social media and /x/-tier internet communities?
Then he does God's work by hacking their accounts and having their websites taken down.

Russians have always done stupid shit and the Orthodox """church""" will do anything for money.

One redneck gets tired of the obnoxious wiccan rednecks in the trailer park so he replaces their weed with (piss-soaked then dried) synthetics and lets the problem sort itself out.

It was me, but it wasn't my trailer park. I found a member on Tinder.

Literally Delta Green, only replace the unfathomable beings from beyond with witches and werewolves

You can do Wiccan campaigns with delta green you just have to add the usually delta green creepy and your fuckedness to it

They'd probably be organized on a national scale, like in a security company doing contract work all over the place. It'd give their people a reason to be wandering around shady areas at night or guarding large crowds of people that might be vulnerable to attack, and they'd make money while doing it.

I was thinking they'd have the aesthetic, just with modern weapons stylized like old ones(cause the people in charge of the organization are both ridiculously rich, and huge nerds for the Inquisition)

that's what I was thinking, State Sanctioned Private Security Company

>I was thinking they'd have the aesthetic, just with modern weapons stylized like old ones(cause the people in charge of the organization are both ridiculously rich, and huge nerds for the Inquisition)

Stylistic choices aside, you can incorporate some aspects into modern day designs to help combat supernatural forces.

Your guns are specially crafted by gunsmiths who meticulously etch bible verses into the different parts of a gun like a pistol.

Everyone in your squad is tattoed with wards of protection.

The stocks on your weapons are made from trees grown on consecrated ground and have a hole drilled out to keep dirt or ashes from holy places in them.

Your tacticool hatchet is lined with silver

So on and so forth.

Like they currently do in Africa: with purifying flame.

>Probably also has some sort of 'anti-sjw' internet personality on tumblr or twitter.
Please - the only ones conducting witch hunts these days are SJWs.

>Oh god how glorious it would have been to have made my SAW blessed, it already had an underslung M320 and an ACOG
>and an ACOG
ACOGs are blessed user, you just didn't know it.

Hush, user. Let xir project in peace.

Basically they hunt down and murder some innocent people for extremely dubious reasons, just like they did throughout history.

that's what I was thinking too

also what's everyone's thoughts on the Witch Hunters having access to Magic besides that which blesses their weapons and uniforms, same with having access to special technology?(I'm personally in favor of both if handled right)

SO HUNTER?

BECAUSE THIS IS LITERALLY HUNTER BY WHITE WOLF

Convert to Russian Orthodoxy

>How would modern day witch hunters playout?
well for starters it would probably star vin diesel

on the surface yes, but we can take this in much different directions than Hunter does, for one thing the dominant idea in this thread is for the Witch Hunters to be part of a well funded and well equipped PMC that has Government sanction and support, while the WoD assumes that Hunter's are in way over their heads in pretty much every way

Gentlemen. We already know how it would play out.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanic_panic_(South_Africa)#SAPS_Occult_Related_Crimes_Unit

Less seriously, I like True Blood's foray into evangelical Americans with fancy guns but little actual training.

>How would modern day witch hunters playout?
>Witch hunters
You mean those who think up of something non-existent, than decide those they accuse are guilty before they're proven guilty?
You know what I'm going to say, right?

>Equating being called sexist by some random schmuck to being hunted down

Are you sure you're not the one with the thin skin?

in this scenario the witches they hunt are both real and malevolent, so it's not quite the same thing

Even when reality rants you an interesting event (priest literally blessing rifles) people are still bored out of the fucking minds at church

pretty sure there are hunters part of well funded and equipped secret organizations but yeah

The magic can only be performed by ordained priests, or through blessed relics. Can't have satanic magic, only good holy miracles.

The Japanese teams use shrine maidens

Why not this?

They'd be like Gestapo I imagine. People just disappearing in the night on a tipoff from a neighbour.

Then the neighbour disappears too.

Soviet witch hunters
>Comrade Ivan tips off the WKGB about Comrade Ivanka
>Ivanka is shot for practicing capitalist magic
>Ivan is shot for witnessing capitalist magic and being corrupted
>Half the neighbourhood is sent to gulag for assisting capitalist witch
>This is done in front of rest of neighbourhood
>WKGB Comrade Vladimir gets to eat the confiscated potato
Is good being WKGB officer

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day-care_sex-abuse_hysteria

lol you sound so fucking butthurt. grow some balls you thin-skinned dork.

>Complaining about thin skin
>In defense of third wave feminism
We're hitting levels of irony that shouldn't even be possible