Warhammer 40,000 general

Nobody cares about your faction edition.

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cQKzesTq0Wo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think what pisses me off the most about Traitor's Hate is how close it is to being good. PE on the Terminator Annihilation Force instead of more Hatred. Non-disordered Charge on the Raptor Talon. A more free-form Warband. A Veterans of the Legions formation.

The pieces are there, they just need someone that gives a fuck.

Is there any easy way to deal with an all Redeemer LR spearhead besides just more melta?

Current csm codex will be abandoned in favour of "x" warband, leaving undecided warbands rot in the vanilla codex

D weapons

Haywire and/or Lances.

Sorry for not clarifying. I play IG

Vanquishers in the formation that gives them BS4.

Vanquisher cannons + lascannons should do alright.

Also only own 6 melta

LADS
A
D
S

If any of you have this months White Dwarf (latest issue) go to page 20 and on the far left page, the grey box. There is a reader submitted question.

I wrote that and they published it! I wrote it about a year ago when they did the Weekly White Dwarf, they held onto it for months just to publish it now.

The ending of their reply is the best bit.

Not just that, you're named after the Lord of Paints? And you got dubs.

Lucky fucker.

Siege shell Medusas.

Do we know what's going to happen to SoB? Will they get phased out or just a smaller range when the next update comes.

Just feels the game is heading towards lots of smaller more unique factions where you can basically pick and choose what you want to play through the ally system. Maybe I'm wrong.

>Warhammer 40,000 general
>Ctrl+F
>40k g
>No results found

Yeah. My heart always slightly jumps when I see Duncan mentioned in /40kg/. I'm just glad their sign off in the reply was basically "wait and see..." confirming what we believe. Just BTFO Carnac and his shitposting "m-m-uh SoS are d--dead!"

Yeah, wonder how they'll be reintroduced. Their own codex with the Custodes or maybe as part of the SoB release?

Mind sharing, if it is so important?

>Play Chaos Daemons
>mfw all of my shooting is Psychic

The rumour is that Abaddon reaches Terra, BTFO's into the Imperial Palace and gets pushed back by the SoS and Custodes lead by a Primarch. I'm betting on Dorn. Especially since Imperial Fists are the protags in Beast Arises, seems like a logical assumption. Especially since Dorn is the Custodian of Terra.

Another possibility is Sanguinius, but he's dead dead rather than assumed dead. I think. They only found Dorn's hand I remember, did they find his body?

So my guess is Custodes and SoS will be combined into a "Agents of the Imperium" codex. Maybe with Assassins and Inquisition. I'm sure SoB will be an minor/ally dex.

I wrote a question asking where SoS and Custodes were in 40k, seeing as they were quite important during the HH and the reply I got was

>Wow, what a timely question, Duncan, and what great background knowledge! You are indeed right about the importance of both the Sisters of Silence and the Legio Custodes, as this month's new Burning of Prospero game certainly attests! As to what they're up to now, we're sure they're still around, but doing what? Well, maybe we'll find out one day soon...

Yeah they just found his hand. They write the names of each Chapter Master into the bones. There have been mentins of Dorn returning in rumours, so I could see it. Another name mentioned was Guilliman.

I hope it's Dorn. It makes so much sense. Dorn returns in the darkest hour of Terra and fucks shit up. My long term head-canon was that Dorn, SoS and Custodes are fighting under the palace, trying to clear the webway. Dorn faked his death and now leads the Custodes.

So my 1500 point Dark Angel list only contains 30 models and I get beat by some of the worst armies due to model count and weight of fire.

My Deathwing take up ~450pts (8 models including the Pod) and I am thinking of just switching them out for some regular tactical squads.

Also, should I take my two units of three Black Knights and make them a command squad?

The two bike squads in my attack squadron are full with 6 bikers and an attack bike in each unit (so they can combat squad and give more spread for DW Delivery) but I could take out them down to MSU and have drop the attack bike (giving me 4 MSU biker units and twice the special weapons)

Am I on the right train of the thought?

Kind of bummed my army isn't working too well.

That'd be cool.

There was mention of an over 3 metre tall Custodian in one of the Beast Arises series. But that isn't that big. About 10ft tall. Primarchs were 12ft weren't they? Would be neat if Dorn was walking around. It would explain why Constantine Valdor disappeared, he gave way to Dorn. Since Valdor was Primarch size.

>Cult Armies coming back
>Daemon Primarchs coming back
>Sisters coming back
>More Tau Suits on their way
>Admech on their way
>plastic HH
>FW only making HH, Knights and Tau suits

Is there anything... ANYTHING... to look forward to as an Imperial Guard player?

With Daemon!Magnus appearing it's probably safe to assume that some loyalist Primarchs will be returning, but (in my mind will need to have some radical changes to not invalidate / compete with FW Primarchs)

So, which Primarchs could return with suitable changes to make a new model needed?
>All Daemon Primarchs
>Wulfen!Leman Russ
>Dreadnought!Guiliman
>???

Or will the loyalists will just use the HH models?

>>FW only making HH, Knights and Tau suits

So all those dozens of tanks and infantry isn't enough, huh?

>>Dreadnought!Guiliman

That would be fucking terrible.

'Tis not a Guardsman's job to hope, we hold fast, knowing that it is through our sacrifice the others of the Imperium can afford to hope. In the end, it is we who prove the greatest, unspoken ambition.

That and a shit load of tanks that are still pretty baller.

>FW doesn't need to make new IG kits because they need to work on their 50th iteration of Mark IV power armour instead

What symbol is the Valhallan one?

First, post up your list. it'll be easier to see what we're working with here. Second, what did you lose to? Depending on that, the nature of advice will change

The one that says Valhalla

Solar Auxillia

I'm pretty sure the plan is for the Loyalist Primarch models to be usable in 40k.

Girlyman is 'healing'. Every single Primarch bar Curze and Sanguinius have a built in way to come back.

Ferrus Manus didn't REALLY die. It was a grand illusion cast by the Daemon in Fulgrims blade, since it was Slaaneshi, it did it to feed off the misery shock and fear of the surrounding Marines and the guilt of Fulgrim so he could perma possess him. It even mentions in the HH books that many Iron Hands believe he didn't die.

Vulkan didn't die against the Beast, he was sucked into the Warp storm and thrown somewhere else or some shit

Russ, Khan, Corax, Gay'onel will return from hiding.

Girlyman will heal and punch out of his statis field Simpsons Lenin style.

Curze being rezzed by Chaos and then turning on Chaos going "actually, the Imperium might be corrupt, but you're worse".

Sanguinius is Space Jesus, so he could return.

I'm sure GW will do Comic Book Tier rezzes.

Share the list, Son of the Lion.

The problem at lower points with my Ravenwing are the lack of bodies, you really feel each loss as opposed to your opponents who may have two or three times the model count you do. Bringing Deathwing actually makes it worse because they are even more points.

2x10 Tacts with Spec/Combi in a transport will help you spread some of your force and actually contest objectives.

Not when you have dozens of pages of models and several IA dedicated to you.

Could you imagine if Alfabusa's Dorn was hiding on Terra was right? That'd be hilarious.

Different Regiments might have a shot at showing up.

You have:

DKoK
Elyssians
Cadians

Supported. With dozens of tanks, aircraft and support vehicles. You have several Imperial Armour books dedicated to you, also allowing you to run your guys as Renegade. Ad Mech? They don't have shit yet. Tau have one book. Daemons have to piggyback on Chaos. Necrons have one book.

IG are the most supported non-SM faction on FW.

It would. But he won't be 'hiding'. He'll be fighting in the Webway or some shit. There is fluff out there saying there is a massive battle going on under the palace... SoS and Custodes DID fight for months in the webway before Magnus RUINED EVERYTHING. They had to leave it, but it's possible they marshalled their strength and went to retake it and fix it up. Imagine if over 10,000 years, they've been fighting to take it back and fix what was damaged. Dorn doing it for 7,000.

Can I take a squadron of these in my IG army?

You think youre so fucking funny

Technically it would be hiding, he's not calling himself Dorn, if he's there.

I guess so. Though I'm sure the Custodes will know who he is. But they don't talk about shit. I think it's a neat idea that he saw the need to protect Terra from the threat beneath the Palace, so traded places with Valdor. Maybe the hand isn't Dorn's, but Valdors'.

In the second edition IG codex lists those symbols simply as army, company, and squadron badges. None of them are specific to a certain regiment.

>Girlyman will heal and punch out of his stasis field Simpsons Lenin style

Thank you for that hilarious image

>Every single Primarch bar Curze and Sanguinius have a built in way to come back.

Except Horus. He should be deader than disco.

Other than that I'm fine. Not a huge fan of your Ferrus / Cruze examples, but they can work

Totally can see Sangy coming back by "possessing" Dante. The Black Rage is revealed to be Sangy attempt to find a son capable of mantling / holding Sangy souls.

what a load of crap you sperg on Ferrus dude

Can't find a high quality full gif of the scene.

>MUST. CRUSH. HERETICS.

>Astra Millicucks complaining when Orks just got entirely replaced by GSC

Name 3 reasons to even think of dusting off your old Ork army.

I can think of: Nostalgia because you haven't seen it in at least a year, but nothing else.

And Curze.

How do the non codex marines play vs the codex marines?

how do you heal in statis?

maybe you'll get an 8th update within a year or 3.

MUST...CRUSH...CHAOS

>Dorn has spent the last 10,000 years fortifying the Webway Leak with Custodes and SOS.

Yes.

What? I'm saying that's what they'll do. Read the Horus Heresy books from Forge World. It talks about how some Iron Hands outright refused to believe Manus died and he isn't actually dead. Some did and went mad. Some did and blamed him for being weak flesh.

It's right there. The Daemon possessed Fulgrim to do the killing blow. The Daemon was Slaaneshi. He brought the head to Horus, but there is nothing stopping the daemon for casting a illusion on it.

I'm not saying that's what happened, I'm saying that's what GW COULD do. That kind of shit.

Yeah. Horus is dead. The other examples I used is just an example of what GW could do. It was me coming up with it on the spot. I'm pretty sure something like Dante will fall defending the Emperor, the Sanguinour will appear, maybe get killed, then turn into Sanguinius. Freed from it. Heals Dante or possesses him after the Sanguinour is killed?

So maybe Dorn and Sanguinius do it?

Since the Sanguinius Prohecy says a 'golden armoured warrior' will stand before the Emperor, Dante thinks it's him. But it's probably Sanguinius.

Also, at the end of Shield of Baal, Sanguinour meets with Dante in private and tells him "Don't give up hope".

>The Black Crusade? We thought you guys broke up?

>Hah! That's what we wanted you to think! *Abaddon whacks a big red button*

Yes? I wrote something on a Burmese Etch-A-Sketch animation forum at 3pm on a Friday when I've not slept for a day. It was quick, brought up on the spot.

It's just an example of some bullshit GW will pull to get it to work.

2. You're into harsh self-flagellation and get massive erections from seeing your horde of dudes wiped out in one shooting phase.

Yes! This all makes perfect sense. He decided to finish what the Emperor started and he knew the key was defence to protect the Tech Priests as they mended the Webway.

It's all coming together user.

>how do you heal in statis

No clue, but apparently Guiliman figured out how to. Last few codexes made mention that he was healing... despite no knowing how.

>something something Primarchs are basically Undivided Daemon Princes...
>something something it's space magic

List for post: Deathwing Strike Force:

Level 2 Termi Lib with Foe Smiter
Deathwing Command Squad with Apothecary and Cyclone
Venerable Dreadnaught with MultiMelta in Drop Pod

Ravenwing Strike Force:

Level 2 Librarian on a bike with Combi-Grav

Two units of three Black Knights

Ravenwing Attack Squadron #1:

Full bike squad (6 bikers+Attack Bike) with two Meltaguns, Combi-melta and Multi-melta

Landspeeder with two Multi-Melta

Ravenwing Attack Squadron #2:

Full bike squad (6 bikers+Attack Bike) with two Gravguns and Combi-Grav (I stick the biker Lib in this unit)

Landspeeder with Heavy Bolter and Typhoon Missiles

1500/1500
_________

I usually roll both Libs on Divination.

The Attack Squadron gives 12" of no Scatter for the DW so with combat squading at least one attack squadron I get a better spread for my DW.

I've lost 5/6 games at this point value using this list against SoB, Dark Eldar, Imperial Guard, Daemons and Space Wolves. The one match I won was against Grey Knights and I won by tabling him while I only had six models left on the table.

This made my morning. Thanks user.

Codex says Girlyman is healing in statis. Or is apparently doing so. It's just an example of the built in return of the primarch shit that GW has seeded.

Need somebody to edit that and put Girlyman's face on Lenin.

How aggressive you wanna take this?

The end times are coming Veeky Forums courtesy of a loose lipped GW rep it's also confirmed a loyalist Primarch is coming back.

And its not who you think.

I want to avoid full Ravenwing over 1000pts but a really solid 1k list with ~500pts of the Greenwing I am looking into would be fine with me.

Basically I still want to get games, I would just like to sit closer to a 50% win rate as opposed to 15%.

Tell us all you know or get out.

>The end times are coming
As is tradition, we are always moving towards the end but the universe isn't close to being over yet.

Also provide a link to your "GW rep" or stfu.

No no, I mean how aggresive do you want the list to be. I have a couple of ideas on giving this list more bite BUT you have to play balls to the walls aggressive. Or would you prefer a more solid, sit back and control the game approach?

>FW only making HH, Knights and Tau suits
Are you retarded? Look at forgeworld store and look how many options IG have. There are more tank options than ican remember and 90% of the titan stuff is imperial.

I would like a list that is more flexible, currently my list is very aggressive in that all the Ravenwing rush towards my enemy as fast as they can while turn two Deathwing Come in and lend a hand.

So I guess the second option but I don't want to bring a ton of tactical squads and metal boxes.

Yeah yeah. We already knew this. Not who you think? Provide proof or piss off. I hate this shit. Every time, /40kg/ turns into a ITKfags spouting their shit for (You)'s.

have one, provide source or evidence or go away.

>frogposter is doing anything but shitposting

This is your mistake.

I disagree.

DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE DISAGREE WITH ME. REEEEE!

So, what do you think, user? Who do you think it'll be?

Not the same dude, but I actually know what he's referencing. BUT I CANT FIND IT IN MY BROWSER HISTORY. Sorry user :(

You're making it very hard to give advice, dammit. Okay. You want to control the board? Here's what you do.

1. First, the cuts. Cut the Deathwing, attack bikes and landspeeders. That saves you like 745 pts. Double check my math, if you would be so kind.

2. Because you don't have landspeeders, fold your bikes into your RW strike force but with 2 changes. Combine the black knights into 1 squad or get a RW command squad for the apothecary. Then cut the bikes into 3 man squads for maximum coverage. Remember to give em all special weapons. Library on bike goes with the Black Knights/Command squad.

Things to get. This depends on whether or not you go Lions Blade or CAD. CAD is easier to work with so we'll work with that for now. lemme know if you want to rock out the lions blade later.

CAD
HQ. Librarian, psyker 2, bike. Put him with the first librarian. Have you tried the new psychic disciplines? They are pretty awesome.

Troops. I suggest getting scouts. They allow you to set up zones of denial at objectives. Give em cloaks and the only ones who will fuck with them will be the sisters. Snipers are optional, but considering the list of opponents you gave, I'd say sticking with bolters is safe. Anywhere between 2 to 3 ten man squads is a good number.

Elites. Getting a couple of dreads in pods to wreck havoc in their backline is a nice idea but not required. Something to consider if you have points leftover. Give said dread a heavy flamer and assault cannon.

Heavy Support. 2 squads of Devs. I like lascannons, personally but missile launchers are just as nice. Whatever fits your budget better.

So you have your greenwing setting up zones of denial while your bikes home in and kill shit. Unless you're fighting a super aggressive and tough assault force, you should be able to dictate the terms of engagement most of the time. If you need anything else, just holler. I'll be here for a while.

I mean, we're expecting Dorn or Guilliman. Who else could it be? Fucking Corax?

youtube.com/watch?v=cQKzesTq0Wo

Wouldn't it be a Patriarch awakening to lead the Cult?

Can you even remember what it said?

The Faeit "We'll post anything" rumours said

>We will be seeing The Lion, Russ, Guilliman, Khan, Mortarion, Angron, Perturabo and Magnus.

Which is odd.

Every other meme post I can see says The Lion. Which could work.

Lots of people say The Lion. I mean it could work. He wakes up and goes to help Terra to make up for his transgressions, determined to reach it this time instead of taking his time to decide which side to choose?

We were talking about how Guliman will awake from his statis chamber like Lenin does in that gif.

Lion, Khan, Russ, Vulkan, and Corax are still alive, out there somewhere. (or in the case of lion, sleeping) so who knows

>You're making it very hard to give advice, dammit
Sorry I'm not good enough to know what I want.

Thanks for that great advice though, that was exactly what I was looking for.

I looked into the Lions Blade but it is way more tactical marines than I wanted and I specifically choose DA to not be stuck with troop heavy lists like other SM players I've seen.

Oh, and here's an option that's more for shits and giggles but might worth looking into depending on how terrain is setup on your board: a squad of 3 vindicators.

Haha, it's all good. I'm glad to be of service.

>Finally getting into 40k's tabletop
>Go to LGS and talk about starting my army to the people that are playing there
>Mention I want to play Dark Eldar
>When I step outside to leave after two hours of chatting one of the guy follows me out
>Offers me the Dark Eldar army he was going to build but never got around to
>Says he would rather have another player than a fifth army

We exchanged answers and I told him I would let him know by the end of the weekend.

He has:

6 new Venoms, 30 Kalabite Warriors (10 assembled without arms and primed black) and Lhamaean.

He wants $225(USD) for the lot which seems fair but at the same time I don't want to get bored or overwhelmed painting so many of the same model.

From what Ive seen of other Dark Eldar lists the Venom and Warriors are always used.

Originally I was going to buy the start collecting (maybe two) and some bikes.

Whts the better plan?

(I still need a hard copy of codex and a ton of hobbying supplies)

>6 new Venoms, 30 Kalabite Warriors (10 assembled without arms and primed black) and Lhamaean.

That is a pretty good deal, I would pick it up but keep in mind those units are cheap point wise.
Total you are looking at ~600pts since Lahmaen is going to take her own Venom you will have five left for 5-man units of the warriors.
My advice is to make sure all venoms have two splinter cannons, your warriors won't need any of their special weapons.

Sooner than later you will want Bikes and Scourges to get to 1000pts

Loyalist Horus, ripped from his proper time through the warp?

Girlyman healing in stasis has been mentioned in every version of C:SM since it was codex: ultramarines back in 2nd edition.

Just part of the setting, like chaos being bad, the emperor being on the golden throne, or the eldar being dicks. just how it is.

Demon Magnus to save the Space Wolves from the dirty heretic Dark Angels obviously.

First of all, proofs.

Second of all, I'll go out on a massive limb and say it's horus. We know that he felt remorse for everything he did in the moments after the Chaos Gods left him, asking the emperor to kill him to ensure that he isn't possessed again, so it's not like him going loyal doesn't have a basis.
And that way we can also have abby seiging terra and horus beaming onto his ship to fight him, for maximum fucking pottery.

Please let Dorn come back with an eviscerator in place of his missing hand.

Nah it's Guilliman who's coming back.

Problem is, even after 10k years he's still not feeling very well.

If only there was some sort of mobile life support system he could use, ah well, never mind.

Screen cap this if you like.

Sure, why not?

Just go unbound or whatever it is now a days. Although, I'm pretty sure those suck. But you can get HP 4 leman russ', or HP 3 leman russ' with outflank and scout. But you would be better off taking the solar auxilla's dedicated transport. For around 180 points you can get a 5 hull point, 10 troop holding, armor 15/16 in the front, demolisher cannon wielding, tank.

>Loyalist Horus, ripped from his proper time through the warp?

Ripped from the timeline where the Emperor fell to Chaos and He rules of a Dark Imperium while His sons oppose him.

Put that Dreadnaught in a Dreadknight and we have a deal.