Malifaux General

Nothing Edition

>Books
Malifaux (Including Ripples of Fate): mega.nz/#F!cg00BCoD!mDHocpgWP_hkkM3CpCBwrQ

Through the Breach (Complete): mega.nz/#F!Z9sVSYTS!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - Entirely new models

Discord voice chat for malifaux chat and memery: discord.gg/xWkuFRz

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives

New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules:
themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/

Last Thread: Topic: What are your hopes for Divergent Paths this round?

Figured this shouldn't go in the OP, but how would you build a Ressers Tara list? Forgotten Marshal seems great for her, but I'm still getting the hang of how she works in general.

I'd rather not just go for the one-trick beastie bomb

Tara with nothing beast and some fleas, proabably datsu ba because I put her in everything.
A flesh construct and some guild autopsies.

You give tara reactiveate after burying something at the start of the turn.
Activate everything then reactiveate tara, she dumps the monster and maybe attacks.
Hopefully these two activations use up the rest of their cards which gives the autopsies and flesh construct reactiveate to get some shit done hopefully unopposed. For a bit of fun see if you make most of your dudes fast.

Aionus is really pricey but works well with tara too.

Hmm... Autopsies seem nice with her. How would Shieldbearers (free fast + corpses) and spare parts be? Everything I'm seeing about Karina is that she's not worth the stones.

Anyone listened to the lastes Schemes & Stones?

I think about 60% of their ideas to 'fix' M2.5E were horrible trash completely defeating hte point of various mechanics existing in the first place.

Also, only one person said "bloat for bloat's sake just so there can be more book content might be a bad thing".
Which is mind-boggling.

I think Wave 4 has already taken the choice-spread pretty much to the limit - another book as big as Ripples of Fate will necessarily invalidate a whole swathe of previously released models because there just aren't enough niches to fill.

The idea of declaring sub-Factions is pretty cool though.
The differentiation/limitations between Arcanists and M&SU-Arcanists, or specific Gremlin bloodlines, could be interesting.

I chose not to listen for fear of what you were describing.

I feel like those zero pt upgrades have proven that models can be improved and tweaked for quality and list diversity instead of overlaps

I tend not to listen to podcasts. More focus on 'tribal' stuff is always kinda fun for me, but we already get that with a lot of masters.

>What are your hopes for Divergent Paths this round?

That 10T actually wins one.

Schemes and Stones ia awful. I find a few of the others are alright.

>Schemes and Stones ia awful.
I don't think that's true at all.
It's dead handy for getting a handle on how various things work, and giving you a starting point to look for synergies and moves and such.
I put little store in his idea of what's good and not, having said that.

The main guy's view on Malifaux, alongside the views of many of his guests, can be proper weird though.
There are times when I wonder why he's not just playing Warmachine, from the way he talks about wanting to have perfect control over virtually every aspect of the game, from terrain and deployment right down to removing the randomness from flips to make the game "more consistent".
I don't know if it's an american thing, but the majority of his guests seem to think along the same lines.
Arcane Reservoir, while less directly useful for stuff to put into practice, seems to have a more sensible idea of what constitutes a game, and I think a lot of their ideas are far more insightful

Standard Tara shenanigans are find a big guy, fast/bury him, unbury him when you reactivate. Plus, having 6 AP per turn to whittle stuff down debuff, or even run schemes.

Izamu is a prime candidate for big guy to fling at people. Spare Parts can give you a good use for corpses you aren't using. Then Resser staples of Belles, Autopsies, Nurses, etc can fill things out. Haven't tried the Forgotten Marshal yet, but he looks nice.

Alright. Thinking Carrion Emissary and Forgotten Marshal might play well together too. Free fast every turn if he unburies near it

So I finally beat my local henchmen 10-3 at my last tournament. It was a Parker vs Molly match (My first victory against Molly) and the only points I allowed him to score was a 3-3 trade on detonate the charges.

I think I finally get this guy. So who else is finding him awesome and what do you guys think about the Wokou raiders?

bumpan from page 10

I'd love to see Parker played more, but only one person I know has him.

Wokou Raiders I haven't tried with Misaki yet, but they look nice in a Smoke & Shadows crew.

I found out a store near me is having a halloween tournament. I've never played in a tournament before and I have no idea what that store's meta is.
Their event page says:
Malloween is a Halloween-themed encounter. Each player will use a single faction/team for the entire event. Bring your own, or use a store army!
There will be 3 rounds, each round a different story.
Each round with consist of 50 Soul Stone. The victory point total from all 3 rounds will determine who wins.

I have tara's box, scion of the void, johan, bishop, and ashes and dust.
Any advice?

Who gains the end of turn reactivates first, actually? Tara or the autopsies and constructs?

Depends on when the autopsies gain reactivate. If they gain reactivate before tara then they active before her.

They gain reactivate at the end of a friendly models activation if the opponent has no cards in their hand.

If tara is the one that emptied the opponents hand then they would reactivate after her then.

>Bring your own, or use a store army!
This store fucks.
You should definitely play there.
Have to say though, there's a very good reason that most tournaments don't just determine winner by VP total.

As far as advice - take all your shit and play many games against new people?
Without any indication of story encounter content, it's hard to advise beyond that.
Fast Bishop is almost certainly a total fucking beast though.

Cumulative VP is a bad call, but story encounters and using house crews sound great.

You've got a good selection of stuff. If you could grab some Autopsies for Karina to summon or a malifaux child that would be great.

I'm not 100% sold on Wokou in Parker, but I'm going to buy the box next month and try it out anyway. But I can confirm that one is beastly in smoke and shadows Misaki.

Anyone got some good suggestions for Henchman Hardcore lists?
I mostly play Outcast and Ressur.

-Hannah, 2 Librarians and a flea
-Taelor w/ Oathkeeper, Bishop w/ Oathkeeper, 2 fleas/plagues/mercs
-Rusty, Mad Dog, Johan, flea

-Archie, Izamu, Crooked Man x2
-Anna, Jakuuna, Drowned, Yin
-Sebastian w/ Transfusion, Carrion Emissary w/ conflux, 2 Autopsies

Hmm, I'd had success with Aionus + Survivalist, Librarian, Scion of the Void and a "flea" as you put it, i was hoping there might be lists that take advantage of Aionus. With survivalist and a librarian he becomes very difficult to kill and in henchman hardcore he can easily afford to chuck out cards for fast like crazy.

Anna, Jakuuna, Yin are all models i have, but i don't have a drowned. This list does remind me of an Anna campaign list i once did though, so Anna/Yin/Flesh Construct/Something costing 5-6 could be pretty decent.

Thinking about it further, I've also remembered the Nurse + Student of steel combo is only 12 points and will extra fuck over any construct users (of which the majority of my opponents have as a large portion of their collection) so that lets me take this following list
Anna Lovelace Leader
Student of Steel 7
Yin 8
Nurse 5
Clean 20 stones, Steel and Yin can close in on people whilst Anna does non randomizing attacks and the nurse does non randomizing buff/debuff stuff. If an enemy remains engaged with the Student of Steel the nurse can give him the +2 MI damage thing then accomplice to him for some massive armor ignoring damage, whilst on other turns he can shut down triggers as he closes in on any armored or construct foes.

Here's a thought, all emissary upgrades (at least the ones that work mechanically) are now also available to crews led by their thematic henchmen. Which ones would you take in campaign/low stones games/henchman hardcore?
Would you use the emissary to let Hannah put on, then rip off shirts repeatedly?
A simple new way to spread blight for Nix?
Dashel suddenly takes to backstabbing people?
What would come out of these new combos?

>Hannah ripping off shirts
>robo titties
It's just like my Japanese anime

You realize she's not a cyborg right? Its just a walker thing?
Also she can already rip off Von Schill's shirt, causing her to heal and (rightfully) cause horror duels from witnessing her sexual harassment in the workplace of von schill.

Carrrion with Sebastian and Rafkin sounds like a fun little ball of unpleasantness.