Exalted General /exg/

>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For the basics of combat, read this tutorial. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.
forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?769761-Exalted-3E-Combat-301.

>How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

>What's with the slow release schedule?
Onyx Path is run by raksha who have only a vague concept of human time.

Resources for Third Edition:

>Final 3E Core Release:
mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf
>Backer Charm Book:
mediafire.com/download/x7i7p5c4rm7kacq/Backer_Charms_Plain_Text.pdf

>Frequently updated Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18FYdnXLYj0JnBNxNSGIZyi_FZcg085qCyUYoCEtac_8
>General Homebrew dumping folder:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies:
mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
Solar Charms: imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
Martial Arts: imgur.com/a/mnQDe
Evocations: imgur.com/a/TYKE4

>Resources for Previous Editions:
pastebin.com/raw/EL3RTeB1

Fair Folk Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

nobilis.me/doom-and-gloam
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How do I play Fair Folk in my game? I managed to avoid the temptation to do the shitty 4th wall breaking I was originally going to do after reading up on the fair folk, but I'm still not super sure of myself.

The Fair Folk play a role to the point of madness. You have the guys playing at court intrigue, the guys playing at being gallant knights (despite not actually helping anyone, obviously), the ones playing the boogieman role, etc.

How does a "Mortal with Graces" work? One of the major plot NPCs in my game is a god-blood who has been warped and given herself over to the Wyld, gaining a number of Raksha shaping abilities in the process, with the Motivation of "Gain the adoration of the crowds through song", being essentially a pop star.

Are there any actual play records/stories that are enjoyable to read?

Does anyone have the full, proper Miravles of the Solar Exalted pdf that includes the charm missing from the backer version?

A Zenith and a Pole of Earth Lunar

How big/small are Exigent motepools?

How the fuck should we know its not like any books are out. Odds are they never will. Make something up and go with it.

>Gilgamesh
>Accepting Exaltation
>Ever

Mongrel

Would anyone happen to know where I can find some custom evocations for either the Talisman of Ten Thousand Eyes or Mara's Demonic Tattoos? Or are there some in the book and I'm just incompetent at navigating it? I've checked the homebrew folder already, didn't find any there, was hoping someone might know somewhere else I could look.

Its not choice based. Except for Abyssal and Infernals. They can choose to die.

There isn't.

I have some old Mara tattoo Ebocations lying around, if you want I can post them, though they're not very creative.

I'm pretty sure the idea is that they will be unique to each individual

Probably something including Exalt's and his god's Essence.

i.e Exalt*(Exalt's god/2)+5 or some shit

Nah, I doubt it. Maybe some of them? I don't see why they would share a deeper connection to their patron than any of the other exalted do

nobilis.me/doom-and-gloam

Tthat one is pretty enjoyable, though I don't personally like the kind of banter going on. Banter, sure, just something about the way those guys plays makes it seem like a game I wouldn't actually enjoy being in. It's nice to read, though.

So I'm trying to write evocations for an orichalcum and starmetal reaver daiklave. It used to belong to the regional governor of the East, who was a Zenith and blessed it after its creation, declaring that it would "Be the weapon that strikes down the enemies of heaven", and dubbed it "Heaven's Fang".

Said governor was also a huge ego-maniac and found almost no allies when the Usurpation hit. He was called The Irreproachable Prophet of Heaven as well, so that whole bit about striking down heaven's foes became a sort of play on words.

I need to figure out evocations for it, but I'm not really coming up with any. Right now all I have is a scene-long charm that marks (Essence) people and grants bonus withering damage against those people. I was thinking of maybe having an E2 evocation that conjures spears of light which make a withering attack against all marked enemies as well. All I know is that I'd like its evocation tree to be focused around said marked foes. Any ideas? If not, any general ideas for stuff an orichalcum and starmetal reaver daiklave might do?

AoE and ranged options against the marked targets and basic damage enhancers seem like a solid basis for the Evocation tree. Maybe throw in some social stuff as well. Like, you declare your enemies unrighteous, so maybe their social actions, being obviously foul lies of the wicked, are penalized, certainly against you, maybe against others as well. Have your enemies count as creatures of darkness for the effects that acre about that, stuff like that. Start from judging your foes evil and unworthy and work buy figuring out what that would mean in practice. Or at least I think that kind of approach would fit the Artifact based on what you told about it.

So what's most optimal way to attack Exalt? Undodgeable high damage projectile that explodes on command into long lasting fireball or other elemental hazard? Multiple lasers?

Waifus

This, always works.

pft, parry.

got the right idea

How do I make a solar exalt who means well but is useless and whose prodigious talents are rendered worthless in most circumstances by other short comings or being over specialized?

Basically someone whose whole life has become surrounded by the frustration at being beyond exceptional at things the world does not seem to want or need while you try to make the world a better place doing things that everyone else is similarly gifted can do better than you.

That sounds like something you portray through roleplay rather than any specific build

>How do I make a solar exalt who means well but is useless
Hard to do since it only costs a week or two for a Solar to become better than your average joe at everything, even if you try your best to min max him you still get something out of it, unless you make him do nothing thus no xp to buy anything
>whose prodigious talents are rendered worthless in most circumstances by other short comings or being over specialized?
Again this is very difficult unless you give him all useless charms, but then to get access to those you still have Excellency and basic useful charms at the beginning.

Perhaps you can try to play as a DB in a Solar circle? Or just an Enlightened Mortal?

Bureaucracy.

>How do I make a solar exalt who means well but is useless and whose prodigious talents are rendered worthless in most circumstances by other short comings or being over specialized?

You cant since universal excellency.

Bureaucracy is only useless if your game takes place in wilderness or if your party is all about gartutious violence.

Thanks. I'll see if I can get the GM to clear a DB.

Joining a game where the PCs are villains.

They veto my character who wants to melt dos. Reality into an unending acid trip for the everyone for the rest of time. They calmly explained how my character concept and the characters frankness about heir goal would clash with the party in a way that was not fun or conducive to plot advancement of worthwhile roleplaying opportunities.

They then helped me build a new character instead of continuing the session.

I love these guys, I think I've found my new group.

We have one example Exigent. She is essence 2 and has 14 personal/33 peripheral. That's more than a Dragon Blood, but less than a Celestial of her essence. But there's nothing to indicate that this is in any way standard.

They certainly sound like reasonable people.

I'll exchange sexual favors to play in a solo 2e or 3e game.

Pic related is my Abyssal OC.

Post contact details and tits.

lunars don't have elements

That's what, Essence*2+10 and Essence*5+23?

>tfw running a solo 3e game

Compared to DB essence+11 and Essence*4+23?
And Liminal Essence*2+11 and Essence*4+23?
And Solar Essence*3+10 and Essence*7+26?

>trip kek
I can play with you

rp mostly

maybe give him some flaws? but roleplay is likely better. try and get your st to work with(against) you by presenting situations you can't handle rather than tailor things to let your talents shine

Depends. It is a solo ERP game. What sort of character would you play?

3e only has Solar right? I guess I can only play Solar.

That's not really answering the question. "Solar" is a gametype unto itself; it's like answering "What sort of D&D character are you gonna make?" with "An adventurer."

Its not as if most people on Veeky Forums ever played in any kind of game, cut him some slack.

>getting dub after trip
Dawn of course, I can't lead people for shit or negotiate
Yes lurker here

looking at effects of anima exposure.... dragonbloods fit obviously, solar bleaching is perfect, lunar 'left out all night' is good...but whats up with infernals causing mildew?

the most boring splat that isn't abyssal

What about Lunar?

rank 3rd

then siderals heroic mortals/godblood and dragonblood, then infernal, then alchemical. fey aren't on my list.

It's like you don't even want to play Exalted, how about Godbound?

actually I don't really rank lunar, sidderal dragonblood infernals mortals or alchemicals, they all have something going for them other than "mary sue" and depend more on mood...it's all sort of tied. just solars tend to wear badly and eventually turn a bit bland to me and abyssals are nothing but much shittier solar clones

I'd expect cosmetic corrosion of metals or "mild radiation damage to inconsequential nonliving items(whatever that might be)" but mildew seems out of left field.

it's possible "minor radiation damage to cloth and wood" looks like mildew though

Your opinions are shit

I don't have tits.

I'm not that guy, but I'm down for both 3e and ERP. As for character concept, I'm thinking a Zenith with War or Presence as their supernal, exiled from their homeland and adventuring to gain knowledge/wisdom/artifacts/experience/loyal comrades before returning to their kingdom to take that shit over- at which point things would get very 'Romance of the Three Kingdoms' very fast.

Details like gender and personality are things I'd decide on after talking about our respective kinks and shit like that.

is it just me or does the exalted fanbase have a much higher percentage of erpers than most other games

White Wolf games in general has a higher percentage of wackaloons, kooks, eccentrics, new age faggots, and erotic roleplayers.

Classic World of Darkness is even worse. Or better.

are you one of the few who actually like abyssals then?

What are your kinks?

It's not just you. There's a reason why they had to specifically include a "Your ST can't force your character to have sex if you don't want to" rule in the corebook itself.

So how's this for a character concept
Witchdoctor from a far east. Giant and stronk but slow and clumsy (str 5 dex 1 lol)
His village once was ruled by a lunar so they are believe that if you eat parts of animals you get their power and also have a few beast traits. My guy has sharp teeth and ritual scarification on the whole body (kind like pic related)
Anyways something attacked his village and ate his leg, but he exalted and drove off the beast(?!).
Now he's convinced that by eating his leg it also ate part of his soul/power and he'l be able grow it back if he tracks it down and eats it's heart .
So with a brand new sculpted peg leg he sets out to regain his soul.
He's a dex1 dude with a missing leg. Medicine supernatural and also high brawl, resistance, athletics and the giant and hideous merits.
He's also a genius but he likes to pretend he's a dumb savage
What do you guys think?
I know dex is the best combat stat.

if he thinks an animal ate his soul and he can grow his leg back by eating it back how is that not in some way being a dumb savage? I'd give him the barbarian flaw too

I think he was intending that to be "The wolf defeated me and has taken my honor/spirit(which is the same thing), I must defeat and eat the wolf to become spiritually whole again."

Because you can be smart even if you believe silly things. Also Lunars do get the power from things they eat/drink blood from

In my experience plenty of other games need something like that

No, smart people are fully capable of believing things that aren't true. These beliefs may seem silly, but they aren't necessarily obviously wrong in the context of what people holding these beliefs know about the world.

The Red Rule is one of those non-rules.

It doesn't exist to have any actual effect on the game; you should never actually invoke the Red Rule in a good group.

What it does do is make BAD groups very, very obvious. "Yeah I don't like the Red Rule."

I'd prefer not to shitpost my fetishes all over a thread in a SFW board. I'm definitely not into anything super /d/ like vote, but I'm definitely a pervert.

If you're serious, post some contact info or hit me up at [email protected] and I'll get into specifics.

Come on, shitpost your fetishes all over this SFW board. It's part of the test.

I'm sexually attracted to seabirds- the albatross and the magnificent frigatebird are my top two favs, but I'm cool with pelicans too.

>not to shitpost my fetishes

Dude...you're on tg.

The place is fueled by magical realm, discussions on magical realm, magical realm hatred, hatred for magical realm haters and some occasional discussion of traditional games by people who might actually have played at some point.

Not any of the previous posters, but getting involved in some solo games sounds like a really great idea, plus I feel that would make figuring out who on Veeky Forums you click with a lot more efficient. I would totally be up for playing a game with someone if you'd have me. SFW or ERP would both be fine by me.

>dat gyaru
For all that's good and just in the world... sauce?

I am trying to chew myself trough the rulebook and it is a bit confusing. Is it because there are much more concepts and ideas than numbers in this system.

Also if I understand correctly; The rules in a nutshell are; "try to be awesome without contradictions, while being descriptive, yet short".?

Well, what sort of character would you make?

Heroin dick'ed sidereal

or maybe

Lunar tentacle monster who is also the small japanese schoolgirl victim

I've never played a game in Exalted, though I'm STing a game that for some folks who are new to the setting. I always wanted to play as a Zenith seeking to stamp out corruption and rally the forces of good against the many threats besieging Creation. I was originally going to do a Gamagoori expy like an uncreative fuck(mostly due to Athletics Supernal being hilarious), but what about a Thousand Scales functionary that used their position to foil a plot to assassinate the Roseblack in the hopes of seeing the Throne held by someone who deserves it, and must now reassess their loyalty to her with the fact that they are now a Chosen of the Sun capable of taking matters into their own hands?

Kinda new here. Is there any debate over which Exalted edition is best, or are they all shit/get progressively better?

3 > 1 > 2.5 > 2

They're all varying degrees of wonky. 2e's the worst, followed by 1e, and 3e's the best. Not sure exactly where 2.5 sits on that continuum.

The consensus is that 3e fixes a TON of problems with 2e, but it's just too empty right now due to only the core book being out. If you exercise and eat right maybe you'll live long enough for 3e to be completed.

>Is it because there are much more concepts and ideas than numbers in this system.

Its because its full of redundant shit that most of the time will never come up in a game or is not something that anyone would spend more then five seconds on yet OP decided that it needs multiple paragraphs and mechanical statistics for it.

Which is positively magical when the game also drives you to reach as much as possible for stunt bonuses making the practical narrative even slower.

1e > 3e = 2e.

If anyone says 3e is the best they're a salty kickstarter backer still sore from getting scammed.

So 2e's the worst, but also the one with the most content? I hear it made some rather sweeping lore changes which upset a lot of people.
What makes 1e the best then user?

Basically you have to do this

1) Take 2/2.5's lore
2) Read through it and whenever you find yourself saying "That's absolutely retarded" check 1e's version of it. This may vary from person to person.
3) Painstakingly try to port what you can to 3e

It's funny how similar DnD and Exalted sound - 1e is AD&D - the original, and one of the best - 2/2.5e is 3/3.5e - most popular and for fairly good reason but often utterly retarded and 3e is 4e - totally new and not what people wanted.

Shame you're lacking the 5e equivalent.

For a lot of people, 3E is more or less what they wanted, though. I'm pretty satisfied with it, I've run a campaign of it, and it works quite well.

We skipped 4e

Exalted 3rd is basically 5e D&D, except instead of putting out regular, interesting if not useable content like Unearthed Arcana, our devs threw a shitfit and stopped releasing anything because we hurt their feelings and called them retarded for having a man in a dress on the front of their book.

The devs pitched a fit because they were called to task on cumbersome rules that still manage to be vague, over a year after they were supposed to be published.

More like two and a half.

Please?

If I knew I'd tell you.

false

Do you still have room for another ERP campaign? Asking for a.... friend...

Yeah, what sort of character would you make?

1e has fucking amazing lore, 2e fucked it up; basically flanderized it because they couldn't be arsed to go through all the books for 1e for depth.