Warhammer Fantasy General

WFRP Edition! (Also, P.S. Elves suck, edition)

Previous thread: >1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch, etc, for both WFB and WFRP)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

Other urls found in this thread:

windsofchaos.com/wp-content/uploads/tew/tew_v2.pdf
madalfred.com/scenarios/EmpireAtWar.pdf
scribd.com/doc/220147580/The-Enemy-Within-A-Companion
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm running The Enemy Within using 2e rules with a group of Warhammer neophytes soon, and would love some input. In addition, I'll be using Winds of Chaos, Empire at War, and a GM Supplement I found on Scribd to compliment the campaign as written.

>Winds of Chaos: 2e stats for Mistaken Identity and Shadow Over Bogenhafen
windsofchaos.com/wp-content/uploads/tew/tew_v2.pdf

>Empire at War
madalfred.com/scenarios/EmpireAtWar.pdf

>The Enemy Within GM Supplement
scribd.com/doc/220147580/The-Enemy-Within-A-Companion

I've made the executive decision to disallow elves, so the adventurers can only be Halflings, Humans, or Dwarfs. Moreover, I executive'd a strict following of the recommended Warhammer character creation -- rolling traits as well as careers. So far, I've got three Definite Yes's and a Tentative Yes. One guy has already rolled up a character and is a Vagabond -- Literal Murder Hobo.

I am considering violating the sacred rule of random careers if two of my players choose to be a Noble and Valet and roleplay as a Warhammer World version of Jeeves and Wooster.

Beastmen update when?

Never. :(

Admittedly, it's difficult to make them competitive without either deviating from the Fluff or doing something players aren't used to, like giving all Beastmen Vanguard or making them incredibly cheap to take in Chaos armies and make up for their shittiness.

bumperooney

Never but eBay has some decent deals on beastmen infantry atm might engorge my herd

I love dioramas.

It feels bad to mostly prefer armies that are hordes. Orks, Skaven, Empire, Tomb Kings, Counts, Lizard men. It's a struggle to get through any army, especially just one of those high model counts.

I feel you. Skaven have so many models it isn't funny and I only have a few units for use in WFRP.

>Skaven slaves hordes typically consist of 40+ models

Anyone got one of those Grombindal codes they'd be willing to share? For a friend, and neither of us are anywhere near a GW.

Rolled the second character for an adventure... A Dwarf!... Student!... Eh?

Yup. He's no soldier or fighter or nothin'. He's a student. And he's trying to become an Engineer.

Were there any vampire run countries other than Sylvania in the setting?

Lahmia. The Strigoi took over the Strigany lands. The Red Duke of Aquitaine eventually made his way to Mousillon, I think. There's a colony in Lustria for Vampires.

There's also a vampiric Border Prince. Apparently he's looking for a waifu.

Who?

Lahmia. Strigos. Kislev, for a while. Mousillon. Allegedly, some Border Princedoms.

Give her headpats, no doubt.

She has to eat all the eggs first.

Hahahahaha

God that shit still makes me cringe.

You win

build mini dioramas on filler bases.
stay sane and have fun doing it.

WOOD ELVES SOON FELLOW UNDERSTANDERS OF STRATEGY

Tell me about the lizard men and the tomb kings, they intrigue me. Both for a genuinely great aesthetic and ease to paint, but questions about gameplay since I know little about 9th age and am going from 8th army books and 1d4chan.

Kangs were the first great human civilization, and have yet to be surpassed. They went north before they had any magic but meagre miracles and shit kicked chaos. Nagash invented necromancy whole cloth after successfully torturing druchii captives for information on the dhar. Later, more of their number would create vampirism, which let them have their immortality and their sex too until Nagash got assmad and ruined it to punish them. Later, Settra would directly defy the Four after being offered everything by them, breaking some of their toys in the process.

I'm considering an Averland warband for Mordheim because Bergjaegers and Halfling Scouts are cool.

What bits should I use to make my Averlanders look more distinct compared to other human mercenaries?

fancy floppy hats and yellow/black uniforms

keep also a healthy amount of sun heraldry

>yet to be surpassed.
>no poofy pants
>no floppy hats
no.

What type of helmet is that? Why does it reveal so much of the forehead?

>yet to be surpassed
fucking tanks, bruh.

Also a Bretonnian Knight would never lose the upper hand to some wimpy elf lizard fetishist like this.

I fucking love the old world.

>Also a Bretonnian Knight would never lose the upper hand to some wimpy elf lizard fetishist like this.

>face Bretonnians knights on open field
>let all slaves free
>they run to the Brets
>shoot them down
>field is no longer open
>take Brets as new slaves after crushing them
Dark elves best elves

bretonnians would get bested by halflings in combat if it came down to it
Asrai wageslaves

Is there any more Total War concept art like this?

>dark elves try this "trick" when attacking the empire
>all the dark elf slaves are mown down by picrelated.
>take a qt dark elf witch waifu as a peace offering.
>make her wear vampire chan's dress.

>make her dress in a tight bodice and make

And thus the battle of spergs has started.

>make her my cute loving spouse.
pic related.

I want waifufags to leave.

t. (You)

>missing the point

They did that "trick" to undo the advantage of the heavy cavalry, you half-wit

That's pretty cool. Where's it from, as in what book?

>lizard failed its stupidity test, is about to wander off
>horse is rearing up to kick the elf's fucking head off
don't fuck with horses

yes, which is why you use your bretonian slaves to brawl with their elf slaves while swinging your cavalry around the flanks.

How does Archaon looks like under that helmet?

>How does Archaon looks like under that helmet?

>S-Sigma-senpai....

I could dig him as a having a bishi, dignified Lucifer look.

pretty much this

what's happening to Lucifer's dick here?

Are there things like blanks/pariahs in warhammer fantasy?

Not in the same way, but Halflings are similar in that they have absolutely no magical potential. It doesn't freak people out, well, beyond them being foul, smelly midgets anyway.

There is also a High Elf magic item called the Null Stone, which disallows magic and runic items as well as casting spells within 6" of the bearer. The quote for the item is as follows;
>>Those with the witch-sight see this as a dark void, an unsettling patch of nothingness in the world of magic.

I had one show up in some High Elf ruins in the Border Princes, and when my players brought it to a Bright Wizard that was counselling their rule, he freaked out and tried to scramble away from the stone.

As do I.

Iirc, I read somewhere that the dwarfs natural magic resistance causes magic to return to it "natural" state and leak back into the warp. Not as extreme as blanks, but similar concept

Something like a blank would be far more devastating in fantasy than 40k, it'd be cool to see

>fucking tanks, bruh.

They had them, or rather their equivalent, with magic.

>bodies being thick enough on the field to impede cavalry

You stupid asshole, if you have THAT many slaves, you probably barely brought an army, and even if you could do this, YOUR CAVALRY WOULD BE IMPEDED, TOO.

Here's the problem, though - your dinosaurs have an uncontrollable appetite, and the horses don't. This leaves the Bretonnians to chuck rocks at you, watching in confusion as you commit mass suicide, or the imperials to shell your shit and kill you even quicker, maybe take a couple of POWs for rape slaves.

There's also the fact that bret horses are magical ubermensch horses (uber..pferds?) who probably wouldn't be slowed down by anything.

>(uber..pferds?)
Überpferde.

Who needs tanks when you can animate giant stone colossi?

>inb4 cannon
give that statue a big-ass bow, same effect and more reliable

Kangs never encountered Chaos, they, like other humans, were basically cavemen huddling around fires while the world seemed to be ending around them. They fucked around for a couple thousand years before one of their own rekt them. All of their accomplishments were because of the Covenant and everything started going to shit as soon as it was broken.

Who needs rocks when you have massed peasant archers who are forced to train so often that their shoulder musculature is lopsided?

Or Herrimaults, you know. Get Robin Hood to finally get his shit together.

The tanks shoot lead balls that kill the colossi.

Is there a tutorial for dipping lizardmen? Best shades?

I'm thinking of unit filler for my vampire counts army.

Suppose a Lahmian were to hire an Empire Ogre as a bodyguard. Would he care if suddenly she was revealed as a vampire and expected him to march in the middle of a huge group of skeletons with her? Or would it be nofucksgiven, still hoping for that Christmas bonus?

Because pic related is looking pretty good.

FLYING TOWERS???

Yes and no. Nothing freaks people out like Blanks and Pariahs do in Fantasy, but there's a lot of similar things that make magic not work or are dead to the Warp. All the perks, none of the drawback basically.

Obsidian material works that way, although it can also be used as a Warp amplifier too. Like says.

As said, Dwarfs passively generate an aura which basically makes magic not function around them and their willpower can shape that aura which is how they can dispel magic without a wizard. But Dwarfs still have souls unlike Blanks, and when Dwarfs die that magic resistance dissipates with them which is why they can be raised as the undead which means the magic resistance is probably a property of their soul itself. However that works. When Dwarfs force magic into themselves, it turns them to stone which can be a benefit through their runic tattoos and magics used in moderation, but when Chaos Dwarfs do it to an extreme degree that it lets them function as wizards it kills them slowly.

He probably wouldn't give any fucks, so long as he kept getting paid/fed.

Though I happen to like ogres that are big fraidy cats.

Bright Wizard stuff, I imagine. No earth like scorched earth.

Yep. Both the Empire and High Elves have flying fortresses, although High Elves have many more. In one of the books its mentioned as something either that Elf nobility do to show off or eccentric Elf wizards do just because wizard.

Empire has them, but there's been no lore that I've ever read that actually details their use. Probably because you can't really make a model for one, and GW only wants lore that sells kits.

Cool, thanks.

How united are Beastmen? Are they Always Chaotic Evil in the sense of being literally unable to work with others, or is that only when they gather in a group?

I'm putting together a Slaanesh Daemon army for T9A and using a lot of different models in addition to GW ones, and some of them are mortals marching with Daemonettes and Seekers like the cult that summoned them is going to fight alongside them. I kind of want to throw a few Gors in there, but the lore I've read is that they refuse to cooperate with humans and exist only to kill like a race of Bloodletters.
But the lore is also that Beastmen are always abandoned in the forest and gather together in groups where they hate civilization for betraying them.

A Slaaneshi cult probably wouldn't abandon any kids that are born with horns and hooves, and if I remember right Karl Franz's nephew is a Beastman who's been kept indoors like a mentally handicapped son all his life and still dresses in noble clothes instead of just smearing shit everywhere and burning things.

So assuming you had Beastman kids and didn't throw them into the forest, and were just as Chaos aligned as they're inclined to be, could you have some goatmen alongside mom, pop, and the siblings marching with some rowdy Daemonettes looking for shit to desecrate?

The empire has 8 steamtanks and can't seem to build new ones. The tomb kings have thousands of animated constructs, easily. Steam tanks get BTFO in just about any head to head situation

They're mostly Chaotic Evil, though will obey the will of the gods if they are ordered to march along side humans. They hate it, however, as they believe themselves to be the true children of Chaos, more deserving of favour than Men.

The thing is these alliances tend to be short lived as the Beastmen will fuck off to do their own thing as soon as they can. The 8th edition book has an example of a Beastlord allying with a Chaos Lord, who pounced on stragglers until his warherd was full and fucked off to the forests after the Chaos Lord's defeat.

So they're fucked into Chaotic Stupid by birth, not upbringing?

I always thought it was the mutation that caused them to be cast out which then caused them to gather in herds and be assholes.

Those floating towers aren't mentioned in any fluff but there are rules for them in the storm of magic supplement. Some wizard architect from the past named fozzrik made all sorts of weird Magicsl buildings.

Beastmen are both born and transformed. Beastmen born to Beastwomen, who are demure and beaten housewives, tend to look down on those that are mutated but will still follow them if they prove themselves strong.

Babies born with beastlike mutations are called Gaves, those who are left in the forest to die but are instead picked up by Beastwomen.

So it's a bit of both.

So assuming this cult of hedonists that probably practice ample incest and managed to summon a Daemon army didn't abandon their Gaves, then those Gaves could march alongside them and not flip out?

It's certainly a possibility. If they have the right upbringing I could see it. A Gave from one of the novels killed his father and immediately broke down crying after, indicating he wanted revenge for being abandoned rather than simple bloodlust or lolevil. They have more of a chance than true Beastmen.

Man, how much would a suit of plate for an ogre cost?

I'm sure he'd be chuffed to work for anyone with that much cash available to feed him.

He should have a gut plate over the armor though.

One player in a campaign I played in mutated so much that he had ogre-like proportions, and when he tried to buy full plate armour he had to pay ten times the price because the blacksmith had so much more body to cover.

Ogre Plate would be weird, you'd have to get a master craftman to compensate for their ludicrous body proportions, and manner of movement.
Then each piece would have to be custom-made to their proportions.

Alternatively, you can do what Ogres have been doing for generations, and slapping together roughly equivalent suits by grabbing big chunks of metal and roughly beating them into appropriate shapes with their clubs.

Sure, but looking at the model, it is clearly a custom designed suit for the big guy to look just like a normal Empire suit (save size).

Yep, it'd cost a mint.

Awesome, thank you! That'll be really helpful for my army.

I'm not as well-versed in lore, and my job takes up a lot of time so I basically have to choose between models and movies with friends, or reading and music alone. I read here and there but I don't have time to dig through lore for stuff like this.

Given the casualties of the Empire and the fact generally only nobility would be buried with armor, and the fact that Ogres aren't picky, a blacksmith probably just keeps a shitload of damaged pieces unfit to cover a human that he can stick together and cover an Ogre.

It'd probably have to be made unique though, since Ogres are always trying to get bigger and they may not accept a new Gutplate if they like their old one.

A good Ogre is probably worth that though. You gotta pay an Ogre in food, and if they're not some shit that forgets what side he's on then he may not be willing to accept acidic rotten shit from the bottom of the pile.

I mean, think about who could pay some standard humans. How many humans is that Ogre worth in effectiveness? Is it worth it if you're already paying for one to make him last even longer?

>can't seem to build anymore
>the empire is however able to expertly maintain the steam tanks including the engines
>but for some reason they can't build any more.
ok

The reasoning is that you can replace this or that but when it comes to building a new one nobody can replicate it without the plans, the guy who designed it or having taken it apart which is too risky. Personally I think there are more than the original set of steamtanks, but they are less well made and aren't such a huge loss if they're destroyed. Costly, sure, but not one of the 'prime'.

Which makes more sense. It explains why the old models look more different from the current one.

Is a Rock Lobba something Savage Orcs would put together or use?
They could bully Goblins into doing it, but would they?

Unless they're fairly lucid, probably not. Some savage orcs are so bad that they speak little to nothing aside from grunts and Waaagh!ing all the time. Most of their fighting would be out in the open and anything that requires a war machine to crack open is probably ignored after a time.

Beast bros are p good in 9th age.

I personally think its stupid, but there are only 8 and all of them have names. I think here should be at least a couple dozen of them, at least one in every major battle. But the point stands, the tomb kings animated constructs outnumber tanks thousands to one. There were 100 heirotitans just to watch 2 kings fight forever, and those are the rarest ones. There were enough statues to build a wall out of them around khemri, which is several times larger than altdorf

It's literally a story from a Dark elves army book but okay.