Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

What are some moral dilemmas your party has dealt with?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Kineticists of Porphyra IV: End of an Era playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1XTgiUdDSrTCvATEDeDJ4MnbDgS6KEBLu2e9mjj5fwaw/edit
Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/spells/detectEvil.html
imgur.com/a/MwhHH
docs.google.com/document/d/14xiRRju0zPb62Q2Q3Jqpqr8tosELq8I5kJcFm5YilLo/edit#
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>designing 12th level character
>half-elf Summoner 11/Diabolist 1
>Take Skill Focus Knowledge (Arcana) & Eldritch Heritage Arcane for Sage Familiar
>Diabolist gives Imp that acts like an Animal Companion
>Summoner gives a Eidolon

So here is what I'm doing currently:
>Familiar is a Sage Familiar, and a Consular Imp with Improved Familiar, he handled knowledge skills, spellcraft, and appraisal
>Animal Companion Imp has Skill Focus (Stealth), Dampen Presence, etc. Handles Dex Skills
>Eidolon is Huge and spends the rest of the evolution points of full upgraded Fiendish Apperance (using half-elf FCB), uses it's few skills on Linguistics, Sense Motive, Profession (Barrister), and Perception
>Half-elf handles all Charisma based skills

Together they fight!

I was planning on having these four be a villain in an up coming game. As even him alone has enough action economy through the four of them + summoning to be a formidable enemy on his own.

As well, he has item creation feats and has spread some of his wealth among his companions to enhance them.

Besides that I have been wondering what else I should do with this guy? I'm liking how he has turned out so far. I only optimized his summoning to a point, but it does pretty well for itself (rod of giant summoning, augmented summoning, etc.)

Wouldn't you save the burning orphanage first and then go to the Anti-Paladin's castle? If you willingly let the orphans burn up you'll fall regardless.

One thing you might consider doing is having his Eidolon have the Devil subtype and giving it Infernal Legist (feat from Hell's Rebels 5). That would let you power him up in unusual ways by letting him have infernal contracts drafted up by his Eidolon.

The biggest moral dilemma:

>Do we do this longwinded thing that we know is the right thing to do but leads to obligatory roleplay with a character we're not very invested in, or do we come up with an excuse to skip over it and get back to RPing the plot we actually want to

You will give the Antipaladin time to fortify his castle or shift it to another plane!

The antipaladin might escape by that point, therefore allowing him to burn more orphanages.

I was not using Unchained Summoner, but I may.

I can't find Infernal legist, do you have a link?

But he's right there behind the tree!

What if the town is called Burning?

PERCEPTION IS NOT A CLASS ABILITY FOR PALADINS.

What if the Anti-Paladin was just another Paladin testing other Paladins all along?

Doesn't mean you can't dump some of your 2 + Int skill points into it.

Int is also a dump stat!

Good thing you get minimum 1 a level. 2 if yu use Favored class bonus.

That book should be in the trove, if it isn't I can rip the section on infernal contracts.

Bimbo Paladins are real.

>Tfw you realise that if paladins didn't have detect evil at will they'd be the biggest incompetent menaces in the setting, handing out wanton smites based on their 10WIS 10INT instinct and never being able to sense motive past the bluffs of the real wrongdoers

>like, what even is this place?
>who still uses skulls for doorknockers, that's so last year
>ew, are those drapes blood red? That's so tacky
>this armor is, like, so chafing me right now, i knew i should have taken that bikinimail

Can't even rely on detect evil, either.
paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/spells/detectEvil.html

>Creatures with actively evil intents count as evil creatures for the purpose of this spell.

So good job trying to smite any neutral character feeling particularly selfish that day, or anyone deciding to commit acts of small evil for the greater good.

Paladins of Arshea and Shelyn ar all like that. Paladins of Kurgess are dumb jocks with hearts of gold.

Bikini mail would chafe even worse, what she wants is a nice wool gambeson with well-fitting plate.

Give them Harlot Sweets, they're immune to the addiction and they give a whopping +1d4 to Charisma!

Please do so, the trove isn't working for me.

>only given 15PB
>decide to play paladin to prove a point about being a bastard
>angelkin aasimar with immortal spark
>stats
Str: 18
Dex: 12
Con: 12
Int: 10
Wis: 10
Cha: 16

Worked well enough.

The Harlot with a Heart of Gold was one of the greatest successful creations I've ever seen from /pfg/, or was that Veeky Forums?

I'm awfully tempted to make an adorkable Paladin (male) with a light head and huge heart.

You do know what a 15 PB is? Because that isn't it.

What was the Harlot with a Heart of Gold? Got a link, or a screencap?

imgur.com/a/MwhHH

it is, ends up spending 14 point.
the race he picked just has stupid ability score racial traits, I assume it's to tell the DM to fuck off

>immortal spark
aasimar are so dumb, races should have a - ability score too.

I'm counting 19, please tell me what I did wrong.

Harlot Sweets are an addictive drug that provides +1d4 Charisma and +1 Dexterity at the cost of 1d2 Intelligence, they are primarily used by prostitutes and alter one's body from long-time use.

Needless to say, these are perfect for Paladins, and the addiction is inconsequential as Paladins are immune to it. This discovery led to the creation of a "Bimbo Paladin," a character that regularly consumes Harlot Sweets and thus become exceptionally beautiful, albeit light-headed.

The joke was the girl is constantly propositioned by interested men or monsters, but unknowingly declines them all.

Looking back, he probably replaced the SLA with the variant ability chart for a +4 total to Str, meaning that before racials, he would have had a 14, 14, 12, 12, 10, 10 array, which is 1 point under 15 PB

Immortal spark allows for lesser age resistance. His ability scores without Aging/Removing Age Penalties/Racials are the following:
16/12/12/9/9/13

sorry went retarded for a bit so here's the actual thing
you start off at straight up 15 points
STR 16
DEX 12
CON 12
INT 9
WIS 9
CHA 13
you get +2 STR and +2 CHA from Angelkin, then you start off at middle aged to get -1 to physical stats and +1 to mental ones, then you apply Lesser Age Resistance from Immortal Spark every day to negate that -1 to physicals, gaining +1 to everything and sitting you're sitting at what OP said

Say that to hobgoblins or humans with their one + and free feat.

i will

fuck hobgoblins, they're dumb

fuck humans in general. Humans are boring and gay

This makes sense, thanks. The point buy should come to 15 exactly, though this is too similar to 3,000 year old kobold wizard shenanigans for me to ever allow.

>fuck hobgoblins, they're dumb
>fuck humans in general. Humans are boring and gay
How can your taste be so fucking shitty, holy shit.

Do not reply to elves.

>and gay
Given the width and breadth of the half-human and half-elven species, I'd say it's more likely they're not gay.

Just total sluts.

i like having weird races, wyvarens, wyrwoods, grippli, ect, i even like the more alternate humans like dhampir and tieflings because at least they have neat roleplaying potential.

> i even like the more alternate humans like dhampir and tieflings
So you're a faggot who can't roleplay without a cruch like "I am literally Alucard" or "Dur hurr my Granddaddy was Faust"

No i just have far more fun roleplaying that

Humans are fucking lame and gay.

You're fucking lame a gay. By your own admission even.

>Sticking your penis in someone exotic or getting an exotic penis inside you is slutty behavior

I want this meme to end, it's perfectly acceptable for a modest woman to enjoy a Skinwalker, or a well-mannered man to be lovingly married to an Elf.

I'M NOT GAY I JUST SUCK COCKS

user, he clearly doesn't identify as human. He prefers to think of himself as lycanthropic bat fiend with vampiric powers whose origin beast was actually a vampiric sorceress who imparted her dark powers of magic vision unto him. He's the only one his his highschool of faggot muggle normies who can see the spectres and blood fiends that walk among us and eat our life auras but he doesn't care because they all suck anyway and one day he'll learn to drain those fuckers dry himself then they'll regret giving him so much homework and ignoring him during basketball tryouts.

It's just cuter to have fluffy tail or horns. Like accessories that are actually true. I don't play RPGs to imagine ordinary people dying in the mud... unless I do, but that's not very often.

> one day he'll learn to drain those fuckers dry himself
Oh I bet he will

How would you guys stat up a Wurm? (like the ones from MtG)

Also a bit of a rules question - I was considering making a sniper, but perception seems to be the issue here: the dc is +1/10ft.
If the sniper is 1000ft away... how would he even see his target?

>It's just cuter to have fluffy tail or horns
You know I called that guy a faggot to insult him, but you're worst you LITERAL faggot.
Purple Worm, Sandworm, toss in some templates or maybe an EX permanent Iron skin or something.
>snipers
Do not work in PF.

Scry spells

i identify as an attack helicopter

You use a telescope dude.

They divide the penalty by their magnification rating.

The three strengths cost 2000, 4000, and 8000, and have ratings of 10, 50, and 250.

It's like snipers spotting their targets with binoculars, you don't just do it with your bare-ass eyes.

I mean snipers would use actual binoculars rather than a fucking telescope that takes a minute to set up, but you know.

Or just a spyglass. Don't telescopes have a minimum range at which they're effective?

Nah. No minimum distance. They give a flat perception bonus for astrology, and divide penalties for less lofty targets.

Also, what's the details on a spyglass?

I see it on the list of items, but the SRD is a failure and doesn't have the actual description of the damn thing.

Asking again about Psionics Psicrystal weapons. Is this a d&d thing, or what? I dont see anything on d20 about it.

Also does anyone else lag when typing on mobile? I don't have any problems with Veeky Forums until I get to type a message and my phone suddenly can't handle it anymore.

Psicrystal weapons are in the PsiAug: Psicrystals playtest.

I dunno how long it's been in playtest, or when it'll come out of it, but hey.

docs.google.com/document/d/14xiRRju0zPb62Q2Q3Jqpqr8tosELq8I5kJcFm5YilLo/edit#

There's the doc for ya.

Also, my phone's browser is shit on cheesy biscuits Veeky Forums or not, just get Clover. It makes it way easier.

Spyglass: Objects viewed through a spyglass are magnified to twice their size. Characters using a spyglass take a –1 penalty on Perception skill checks per 20 feet of distance to the target, if the target is visible.

So by RAW it does nothing but harm your perception check since it's a +1 DC/10 feet normally and this imposes a -1/20 feet, but it's intended to effectively double your Perception range.

DSP seems pretty reliant on the patreon ATM? You vote on what you want to be published next there.

>You know I called that guy a faggot to insult him, but you're worst you LITERAL faggot.

Fuck off it's okay to like cute things fagwagon.

Sure if you're some kinda filthy degenerate.

S'okay to like uncute things! Liking things is always okay unless you do creepy shit to the things.

I'm sorry, are you from the turn of the millennium where calling someone gay was actually a fucking insult?

Wait, can rabbits actually eat bananas or did I just witness the first stages of a mass execution?

Worms are massive, supremely strong and somewhat hard to kill, but not very bright at all.

They're basically living carnivorous siege engines. Normally they hunt things like elephants / younger dragons (and actually help keep a land quite fertile due to functioning like giant ploughs), but in times of famine they can be goaded into attacking cities, where they'd gorge themselves upon the citizens.

Maybe omnivorous, normally they just nom trees or something.

Or are they partially supported by magic?

IIRC dune's worms functioned in an ecosystem where they ate sand-krill

>Worms are massive, supremely strong and somewhat hard to kill, but not very bright at all
At first I read that as "womans" and was slightly confused.

What is so wrong with liking cute things? Is it in some way antithetical to good rolepalying?

They can but that portion is too much. Basically we're looking at a small chance of a heart attack from too much sugar and some intestine damage from starches that their widdle bunny guts arent built to process.

>tfw WotR still hasn't said who's in the game

Fun fact: Rabbits, as well as other members of the Order Lagomorpha, possess a secondary set of incisors that are right behind the first pair, but are small and nublike rather than chisel like as the main incisors are.

Also, Lagomorphs are one of the few groups of mammals that still possess a cloaca rather than the normal set of mammalian genitals.

As a gift I give you a Pika, one of the other members of Order Lagomorpha

Which is good because I still have to post my application!

No I'm a time traveler. Just taking a break to shit post before I go back an ensure that I become the father of mankind.

Moral dilemmas you say? Well, there was that one time that got retconned. Went kind of like this.

>Wizard: Someone came in from Magnimar and accused the Ranger of murder! He's goin' to jail! What now?
>Druid: Let's just break him out!
>Brawler (me): No, that just gets us in trouble and ruins his case. We'll need to find proof he's innocent.
>Wizard: Why not ransack this guy's house? If he's planting evidence to frame our friend, he probably has something Evil going on he doesn't want anyone to know about.
>Me: So you're saying Ranger found out what he was up to?
>Wizard: Yep. Why else would he be on trial for killing a convicted serial killer?
>Me (after a botched Will save): But we'd have to cover our own tracks. I know! Fire!

Coincidentally, it was right around there when the GM decided to retcon the whole thing, because a supposedly NG Wizard had just talked an NG Brawler and a CN Druid into committing arson and political espionage to save a supposedly CG ranger from what was not likely to be a long prison stay.

It helps that the Wizard's player is also by far the smartest person at the table, and the one whose house we play at because it's big enough.

Sarda pls

What are you making, user! Are they cute? Please tell me!

So /pfg/, I'd like to poll you opinion on something.

When it comes to race entries in rulebooks and homebrews, what do you find to be the preffered type of format for presenting the information and backstory of the races? What particularly types of information to do think should be mandatory?

Athletic and perky halfling monk girl with half-celestial dragon blood! Sounds like a complete Mary Sue but she's effectively just an aasimar with Mixed Blood (dragon) so I can get Mighty Frame at 5th level. Has 18 Cha so I guess she's cute if you like musclegirls.

>Psicrystal Setting: A weapon with this ability allows a psicrystal to be docked to the weapon instead of to a psicrystal staff. The weapon otherwise grants all of the same benefits of a psicrystal staff, although it does not allow the use of companion stones. In addition, while the psicrystal is docked, the wearer can charge the weapon as if it was made from deep crystal. This special ability cannot be placed on ammunition.
>Faint telepathy; ML 3rd; Craft Wondrous Item, Psicrystal Affinity, mindlink; Price: +2,000 gp;

What the race is?

Basic physiology and diet.

Try to keep them fairly setting agnostic.

Oh gosh, she sounds great! I'm really interested in seeing how Mighty Frame works in action, and perky Halflings are always cute!

Musclegirls are also great, especially if they like to show off.

Do you have the pages with the actual contracts?

its not good for me i've already made two characters reee

That rhymed!

I've seen a fuckton of GMs like this, they drag the application process on forever inflating their ego over the mountain of applicants only to realize how hard GM actually is and flake out on the second session.

Those ARE the pages with the contracts. Pages 66 and 67 have some examples, but you can make your own.

This happened to me for that gosh darn Dragonslayer character and I'm a hot little potato over him flaking out!

You mean the HONHONHON one?

>I'm a hot little potato
Goddamnit, I love you guys.

Yuuuuup! The jerk flaked on us a week into the campaign!

I just wanted a high-level PoW campaign ;~;

a lot of people try to GM for the first time, panic and then flake the fuck out.

GMing is hard.

I remember that one 10 pb game where the dm acted like his campaign had the deepest lore and had a month long application process followed by two weeks before the game. I can't say I regret seeing the little tranny degenerate disappear after two sessions because the party iteself was a fucking nightmare of degeneracy.

Later on I would find myself in the same campaign as the dm and realize he was completely unfit for playing the game as a pc let alone as an actual dm.

Holy shit that was a fucking waste of time.

Okay now I need a bit of story, what made the DM a degenerate and how did the party top it?

Does anyone have an imgur with the more ridiculous stuff from Grimoire of the Lost Souls? I need to make sure I didn't just dream that all up in a sleep-deprived haze.

Before we start, let me establish that the whole application process took around a month (I sent mine at like week 2 or maybe 3 of it) and then followed by around a week of waiting time after the selection was completed.

So get this. The setting basically existed to be the DM's personal safe space where even the main deity was once a man who ascended into his true female form blah blah. Degenerate and sickening given that the DM actually switched his profile pic to an actual photo of himself after the party was completed and the 'big reveal' was ,ade(basically a prune nosed goblin in drag). Anyway, its nothing particularly surprising given that every transexual person I met in the hobby is insane in some manner and well, lets be honest, crazy people who so very badly want to escape reality can sometimes prove to be decent story tellers so I decided to stick around since hey, whats the worst thing that can happen right?

Anyway, the more I stuck around with the group the more I realized that the DM wasn't the only person that had brain problems. To be specific there was this catfolk rogue. Sure, maybe the experience would have been less unpleasant had he decided to use a 'cuter' token but he didn't and he basically used a khajit style catfolk which at first deceived me into thinking he wasn't going to sexualize his character. I immediately realized my error during the week before session 1, GM decided to set up a skype group chat for OOC and went 'surprise I'm a transexual """""woman""""". Ok, I say to myself I'm sure Its just prejudice. So I use this chatroom for its intended person and ask whatever campaign specific question I have for the GM as the party begins to collectively prepare their characters. Lo and behold, Catfolk begins to raise the first of his many red flags by asking if catfolk in the setting is biologically different from catfolk in golarion, namely do they go through estrus.

some dreams are best left forgotten user