Warhammer 40,000 general

Chaos space marines are actually surprised to discover that chaos is a downgrade and not an upgrade edition

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-SE/New
mega.nz/#F!moBkkYZJ!1w7re9zwJPhGw-7j6zreCw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Thousand Sons winning because they deserve it.

Reposting since last thread was old.

Rate this please.

Do Assassins such as Callidus and Vindicare have the emotional capacity to form emotional bonds?
Do they experience friendship and attachment?

This may be a dumb question, but I feel compelled to ask because I feel as though its never been stated explicitly (at least to my knowledge).

Hey there Veeky Forums, had any fun games?

I had a game today, dark eldar vs raven guard. Real space raiders vs pinion battle company.

Scouts outflanking turn one, each one that makes their reserve roll can bring in a fellow unit with them as well as ignores cover on everything. Still managed to draw due to my harlequins destroying half his infantry.

Assassins are even more weaponized than Astartes and marines are absolutely detached from humanity, they're almost inhuman so I'd say no as they've given away their humanity in order to become living weapons. In the case of Callidus its even worse considering they are constantly taking new identities and living false lives, at some point their emotions become tools of the trade rather than emotions.

Are the rules out on Magnus yet?

i vaguely recall reading the vindicares don't talk to anyone
whether they are incapable to form bonds is a different thing entirely

Nah, he's out November or December.

That thing about the Callidus might fit with what I'm writing.

Would it be feasible for a Callidus assigned to an Inquisitor's taskforce to create a specific persona for interactions within the taskforce? If only for the purposes of efficiency in coordination and allowing said taskforce to fully trust her?

To add to this, what of death cult assassins?

Yes, a callidus could perfectly emulate emotions to suit her purpose or assumed persona.

Death Cults are just zealots, normal humans that live and breath the Emperor and seek martyrdom in his name, but I assume they have normal lives and relationships when they're not training and suicide bombing xenos.

Man. I still have a bunch of Deldar I have to put together, but I feel like it isn't even worth it.

>Chaos space marines are actually surprised to discover that chaos is a downgrade and not an upgrade
This has literally never been canon. Chaos trades reliability for power. Daemon Weapons gain an ability to turn on their owner for increased strength and crazy abilities. Daemonic Possession makes vehicles more difficult to stop at the expense of safety.

Almost all of my infantry got slaughtered in my last game. It was CSM vs IG and the guy was a dick and didn't even let me enjoy it.

As far as pure Orks go, how much more can i tryhard?

(1847pts)

++ Combined Arms Detachment (Orks: Codex (2014) v61) (1847pts) ++

+ No Force Org Slot (15pts) +

········Mek (15pts) [Choppa, Slugga]

+ HQ (250pts) +

········Big Mek (100pts) [Choppa, Gift: Da Fixer Upperz, Kustom Force Field]

········Zhadsnark 'Da Rippa' (FW) (150pts) [Warlord, Zhadsnark]

+ Elites (240pts) +

········Burna Boyz (80pts) [2x Burna Boy]
············Mek [Choppa, Slugga]

+ Troops (558pts) +

········Gretchin (67pts) [19x Gretchin]
············Runtherd [Grabba stik, Squig hound]

········Zhadsnark's Warbikers (290pts) [14x Warbiker]
············Warbiker Nob [Big Choppa, Bosspole]

+ Heavy Support (234pts) +

········Mek Gunz (117pts) [3x Ammo Runt, 6x Extra Gretchin, 3x Traktor Kannon]

········Mek Gunz (117pts) [3x Ammo Runt, 6x Extra Gretchin, 3x Traktor Kannon]

+ Lord of War (550pts) +

········Buzzgob's Big Mek Stompa (FW) (550pts) [Deff Kannon, Deff Kannon, Mek Boss Buzzgob (FW)]

Burnas and meks ride in the stompa for 5++ and 13 repairs per turn.

Traktor cannons are magnetised if they need to be Smashas.

What do you mean he didn't let you enjoy it?

Take a look at all the options available to Chaos Knights and Titans then compare with Imperial ones.

Lorewise, the old Citadel Journal mentioned one called "Abominatus "Despoiler of Worlds", a Khorne Imperator that was extremely resistant to psychic attacks, in addition to having a few more weapons than an Imperial Imperator would.

It also mentioned one called "Skylok", a Winged Imperator Titan of Tzeentch (meaning it could possibly have been an Imperator Titan capable of flying).

Finally there is "Augmenautus Rex", which required the efforts of multiple Titans (not limited to Warlords) to stop as it's Void Shields were incredibly power. Even after being taken down, it took roughly ten minutes of concentrated fire to fully destroy it.

>Xenos

They are literally a DEATH CULT

They are herded into battle by inquisitors so they don't go sacrificing their neighbours and relatives in the emperors name.

Thanks again to the user who made me a random IG list. I think ive been seriously underestimating sniper special teams. Just looking at the numbers, just the fact you get six bodies and that rifles are straight up better than lasguns for wounding for barely 30pts is insane to think about. Why are they usually overlooked again?

I'm going to my first game tomorrow. What should I keep in mind?

I meant if she was working with the taskforce.
My reasoning would be that if her presence as a black-suited emotionally-detached enigma was found unnerving by ordinary Guardsmen, or even the Inquisitor's henchmen depending on their personalities, it could end very badly.

Hence, it would make sense for her to put on a persona for the taskforce to interact with, if only to make them more at-ease around her.

Death Cult are much looser with regard to indoctrination since they're entirely outside the Officio Assassinorum. Although they're "cold blooded killers" by rule and fanatically devoted to the Emperor, I don't think developing emotional attachments would be that uncommon. You could see one becoming close to their Inquisitor for example.

Have fun.

Fun is a buzzword, don't you know?
I'll try. I have about 7 hours I can spend there. With the local community, I might get one game.

Dude was a massive spergy try haring asshole. Was constantly trying to cheat and make up rules. Also had Land Raiders somehow climbing buildings.

He forgot the lube?

Do we have scans of the new IA4 tyranid book?

The "big" assassins generally aren't sent on those kinds of tasks.

Please drop the flakk. There are much better things to spend 50pts on

He didn't even try at foreplay top. 0/10

Thanks for the clarification.
Its been a while since I dug into the lore, especially in regards to assassins. In any case, I have some rewriting to do.

>Want to play more games
>work 2nd shift so can't play during the week
>get one day to actually play
>IF people show up
>Still want to spend even more money on one of my three armies
>still want ton spend money on another game

I think I'm going insane and the ride isn't over yet

I modeled a squad.

Playing an army as terrible as CSM will do that to you. You should have let him win if he didn't.

>Dude was a massive spergy try haring asshole

Man, that sucks. As a Chaos player, we're either really cool, or we're fucking insufferable. There's no middle ground. I'm sorry he was a dick.

Actually looks pretty solid.

Either trim that shield top, or paint it to be damaged somehow, though.

I like the heads. Where'd you get them?

How intelligent can servo-skulls be?

New?

IA4, Second Edition is pretty old by this point.

As in last edition old.

Yeah, I'll make the shield look real fucked up, it's the extra armor of a sentinel. The heads are over a few years of bitz bin diving. I think they're all different variations of pilots from vendettas and stuff. I would grab them because some of the bodies you see are these weird one piece flight suits.

Should I add the knife/water pack bits? None of my other guys have them, but I unno.

Serious question, why are almost all IG players such spergs? It's always them whining, roleplaying and either spouting memes or trying to look cool by forcing 40k into black twitter memes.

>trying to look cool by forcing 40k into black twitter memes.

??????????????????????

Not at all.

They are slaved machines operating off a limited set pre-programmed responses and orders.

It's the leman Russ. Having more than 1 in an army grants +2 to autism for each subsequent tank.

When the exterminatus is at 8 o clock and its 8:05 xD
When bae etc. etc.

>Burnas and meks ride in the stompa for 5++ and 13 repairs per turn.
But the stompa can/will still die to a single turn of IG lascannons

How intelligent can a machine be before it's declared heresy? How much can a tech priest replace before he is declared heretek?

Just remember that Assassins are sent after targets. It's possible your situation might arise if it's what the Callidus needed to do to get to her target (And maybe the Inquisitor knows of her because higher ups said something), but she wouldn't just be open-endedly assigned to an Inquisitor as part of a broader Taskforce.

Your IG player is a suburban white boi or a nig?

>I'll try. I have about 7 hours I can spend there. With the local community, I might get one game.
How intelligent is a typewriter? How intelligent is a camcorder? Servo skulls genrally perform a single task and only that.

They're usually all here, take a guess

>How intelligent can a machine be before it's declared heresy?

As soon as the machine thinks on its own and without command then its heresy.

>How much can a tech priest replace before he is declared heretek?

Everything except his brain, augmenting it is ok but removing parts of your brain is radical and can be heresy, even the removal of your emotions is seen as too much in the eyes of many techpriests, I imagine a full blown cyberbrain is the highest of heresies.

>almost all IG players such spergs
Most of the IG players I know are enlisted. I wouldn't classify very many of them as spergs.

Honestly, I'd maybe add the knives, but the canteens aren't really necessary. I usually don't add them.

My army (that I literally just started today) is a hodgepodge conglomeration of various Scion, Cadian, and Catachan bitz in an attempt to create an army modeled around Houston culture.

>Some models wear bright orange reflector vests over a white T-Shirt and jeans and white-painted Cadian helmets

>Some models have full suits of armor tacticooled the fuck out

>Knives are all big

>Unit of Black Panthers with Scion beret heads

>Unit of 1836's in tank tops and tatted out

>Unit of skin-heads in armor and grey uniforms

>Sentinels are slate-gray with an HPD shield painted on

>Scions all dark blue with white cowboy hats

>All units use Tauroxes, and each will be painted in candy paint with chrome rims and big exhaust pipes

>Truck nuts made of skulls on each one

>Flag says "FREE BOOSIE"

I've committed to it. I have to see this through. I've only built two models so far, but I gotta do this for my city.

and yet
forgeworld.co.uk/en-SE/New

How many Lascannons for that?

>Houston themed army

Oh cool, I'm in San Antonio. Also that's hilarious.

Okay cut them, now have no anti-air and 55 pts to spend. Advice?

>Captcha was a sign for Burnbutts Crescent.

Get less shitty weapons than MLs
Use point for an ADL

It really depends on the outlook of the Tech-priest in question, like adherence to the Imperial Creed. The absolute line is no creating unrestricted (SERIOUSLY restricted, like the Kastelan Robots use data cards to be allowed to shoot restricted) AI, no replacing the entire brain, and no Chaos bullshit or reverse engineering Xenos tech unless you are a High ranking Magos and do it in secret, then pass off your development as Divine intervention from the Omnissiah.

Why are ML shit? How should I kit out those Havocs?

Data cards are biological, that's the loophole, plus ridiculously strict programming.

To those crying about the lack of Chaos DarkMech and the new Strato-automata, remember you can take all this stuff as Traitors and then look at the rules for one Anacharis Scoria, then get back to us on that.
I can't wait for IA14 so I can get some 30k stuff for my Admech. ATM I can't start a full size Mechanicum force because money, but I can certainly add some new toys.

They can't reliably pen heavy armour, cant explode them if they do, can't saturate it with glances.

Unless you are Eldar windriders "versatile" means shit at everything.

Even then, we have decently intelligent cogitators floating about, cranial implants that can mimic certain Human functions and the Automata were considered non-Abominable Intelligence due to their programming routines.

I think the main problem comes from the separation of the Mechanicus's definition of AI and the real life definition of AI. Even Servo-Skulls would be considered AI by today's standards.

Precisely, and the majority of the Admech views them with extreme suspicion anyway, and that's probably justified given how many of my Arlatax seem to go Malifica on me :(

Oh, no, she has a purpose there, but "the patient hunter gets the prey" applies. She's in it for the long haul until the opportune moment. More than that I will not say.

Autocannon son

Thanks.

Okay, got it. Can't manage much.

Is this another thread where Texas takes over?

I live in Dallas but am in Fort Worth this weekend, so, uhh howdy.

Post Texas Squirrel or get out.

Should I give my Texas Squirrel Terminator armor and Powerfists?

Youd literally need 60 lascannons

Fuck forgot image

Power Lasso is OP.

>Not giving your Texas Squirrel Jump packs

7th Ed. Changes to vehicle damage.make single shot AP3 weapons pretty weak, since you're force to chew through all a vehicles hull points one by one to wreck it. Either you want more shots, and go after light vehicles and other softer targets, or you want a weapon with AP 1 or 2 to get those explodes results. ML are just the worst of both worlds right now.

"Pat'rick pattern battlesuits can detonate with the power of 50 megatons"

Aren't the Defiler and the stupid Dragon and such already the products of the Dark Forgeworlds swallowed by the Eye of Terror?

What's going on, man? Going to the TCU game tommorow? How's the AdMech?

>Be 6'7 Melanin Enriched gentleman
>I've got 8k points of IG
>Mfw people are too intimidated to ask for a game when I show up somewhere new

Nice call man.
Not going to the TCU game, but probably going out afterwards for Halloween and stuff.

RadMech is going but slowly, just finished building some Kataphron destroyers w/ Gravity Cannons, so once it's not 90 and humid I'm gonna prime and paint those bad boys

And Forge Fields, Mauler Fiends, Blood Slaughterers, Blight Drones, Brass Scorpions and possibly several patterns of Chaos Titans as well as it's theorized they can build those too on dark Forge Worlds.

Which raises the question, where are the Iron Warriors Shadow Swords and Basilisk at if they're still using this stuff?

mega.nz/#F!moBkkYZJ!1w7re9zwJPhGw-7j6zreCw
Blackshield
Watchers in Death
The last son of dorn

>Is this another thread where Texas takes over?

I mean, there's 24 million of us, and we do like to never shut up about Texas, so...probably yeah.

>mfw considering buy 3rd-party revolver pistols and using them as stand-in Bolt Pistols for my Houston army

What regiment?

FIRES OF CYRAXUS WHEN!?
I already know, it's early 2017, but every mechanicum release that my admech are deprived from until then makes the pain a little worse.

Agreed, but for me, it's wanting to see the Tau reacting to actually advanced tech.

It would be a pity if someone broke their backs

I'm glad I managed to spray all my Dark Eldar stuff on one the days we had reasonable weather. I just want the damn heat to go.

So all my lascannon heavy weapons teams are useless and I should only ever run melta vets and autocannons in blobs?

Yea! How dare those IG players...roleplay?

What?

I feel you.

While I'm not black, I'm very outgoing (I work in public speaking for events and sales), and have a loud voice. I apparently intimidate people who aren't bigger than I am, especially shy nerds that populate this hobby which I hate, because I too am a shy nerd with horrible anxiety, I just know how to hide it, so I really don't want to alienate anybody and totally get the anxiety

Your stuff on the DFW 40k page looks dope. Keep up the tormented hedonistic good work.

Are lightening claws worth it on 40k Cataphractii? Or is the fist combi bolter better? Or a mix even

Probably best to not even run autocannons in blobs if you want to be optimal.

Why? The more releases Mechanicum get before IA14 is more chance to get cool stuff. Yeah, it sucks but at least I can try to finish my warconvo before buying FW.
Hell yes. Admech relics are still miles ahead of anything the Tau have and I want to see their faces when they realise a few tall men in big suits weren't anything like what we can throw at them :).

>So all my lascannon heavy weapons teams are useless

I wouldn't say useless, just not the uber-threat they once used to be when spammed.

They'll get the job done, but you gotta make sure they hit the target and position them correctly to protect them from things that like to munch on soft Guardsmen.

Thanks, familia. I've still got so much to paint. I'm giving my wrist a break after the Haemy.