CYOA General

Last Thread: Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/142501769
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fixed some typos on all pages. Also added more setting information here and there.
Re-wrote Tech superhuman. Consider it to currently be in a "fluid" state. I'll happily re-work it or change it back if the new version is received poorly.
(1/4)

(2/4)

(3/4)

(4/4)

I already had an almost impossible time with 100 credits, where I had to sacrifice tons of cool stuff and wasn't even properly armed for my strength, and now you take the only way to get extra credits away?

How am I supposed to do anything here?

And here's a thing if you want to consolidate squad information. Going solo is nice 'n' all, but things work a lot more efficiently if you try to squad up. Same general is not required but helps.

I meant to boost the 100 pool, my bad.

Is the pink haired looking girl a trap or an actual girl

Forgot to change the credit count for EVERYONE to 120. This way existing superhuman builds don't actually need to sell off their items.

If you were able to tell, then it wouldn't be a trap.

Was Traveller ever updated? I heard some anons talking about it.

What is the recommended font size for making a cyoa?

Consider giving vehicles free standard weapons.

Rolled 1 (1d4)

>Worshippers
>Not punishing the wicked who offended (You) with a thousand lifetimes of suffering

-Tartarus
-Trickster God, God of Knowledge
-Hell
-Hell
-HELL
-Smite

For those cyber loiterers wasting away the precious gift of life on social media I shall make Tartarus their final destination. An eternity of transcribing the pointless inconsequential bullshit blogs, twits and reposts that mankind continually spews into the many cesspools of the Internet. Without rhyme nor reason, a billion-jillion messages per second until their feeble minds collapse and their erstwhile mortal bodies are grounded to the bone and then to dust by the chilling merciless winds of Tartarus, only to be brought back to life to start their punishment again and again and again.

1200 wide is recommended for most CYOAs. Height's as needed.

Nope, never. It's still on the very first version that was ever posted.

The text version?

Does it ever get updated? Highlander was taking all sorts of input.

That's not a font size...
Depends on the width. The viewer's screen will automatically zoom it to fit. You want your letters to be a certain % of the image's width or else the viewer will have to zoom in even more and *gasp* scroll horizontally. For a standard 1200px width, I typically go with somewhere around 16, depending on the font I'm using. Some appear much larger or smaller than others after all.

Sorry, apparently I can't read.

superhuman, tech, boost

light melee, medium gun, major explosives, steath armor, hmd, vitals chip, regen armor, AI

sarah goodman

I use tech to integrate the armor and electronics, which aren't visible at all. It's likely nobody even knows I have an AI buddy built into me.

The main difference now is that I also get boost, which is nice. I still just run around and strap bombs to demons. Not enough cash for much else on top of that. Squaddies would be okay, but they're a liability in a stealth build because they inherently radiate anti-stealth beams. Still wish I could bring heavy weapons. Vehicles cost too much and I can likely bum rides off of the rest of the armed forces. A hover bike would be neat, but not as neat as the other stuff.

Yes it does, Highlander's working on both the next image and text versions, though those take a long while to complete.

Defenders of Humanity CYOA:
Sex:
>Male
Height:
>Shorter
Race:
>Snow Woman (Male)
Specialization:
>Blizzard
Tattoo:
>Revival
Gear Up: (+120)
Personal Items:
>Light Gun (-3)
>Heavy Gun: Railgun (-10)
>Light Melee (-1)
>Heavy Power Armour (-25)
Heavy Items:
>Mobile Luxury Module (-10)
Staff:
>Service Personnel (-16)
Upgrades:
>Magic Ammo (-15)
>Retype Weapon: Living Ice (-8)
>Regen Armor (-16)
>Instant Don (-16)
Boss:
>Melody Shepherd (+Better Weapons)

ATTENTION: Any players who have made a build for Defenders of Humanity with Melody Shepherd as the Boss want to team up?

My fighting style is to use the teleportation power that comes with the creation of my blizzards, fire an incredibly powerful shot at the enemy and then teleport away from danger to recharge. When I'm not fighting I live the comfy snow shota life with my every need attended by the luxury module and the service personnel.

Reposting my question on Purity: Does it stack with weapons, and if not, is there any reason to pick one up?

I see.

Has he given any indication on when it will be updated fully? Sorry, im a newfag still and dont know much about the conversations that have been going on.

Command center rural defense build go!

>Same size, sex, and age. But I want to look better. No one likes a fat flower.

>Alraune
>Harvest
>(Tattoo)Artillery
The core of my build. I don't intend to ever uproot, but instead I'll protect and grow a small community and act as a command center. Between food, root-fighting and seed bombs, I should make an excellent defensive position.

>Extra Special

>Power Generator
>Neo-Medical Bay
>Weather Controller
>Light Generator
>Alarm System
>AI
What's a command center without amenities? That only leaves me with one credit for-
>Light Melee
-A knife for self defense. Not great, but hopefully I won't need it.

>Sarah Goodman
I think she's the most likely to go along with my plan.

I plan to spread my roots as far as they will go. Seed bombs, defensive roots and food anywhere in the settlement at a moment's notice. And the food I can grow reduces our dependency on farmland, allowing for higher population density and thus a stronger anti-fiend aura.

>Realm: Paradise
A warm realm set upon the sea - that's relaxing, isn't it?

>Primary Domain: God of Fertility
I'm not what you'd imagine when you think "virile," but fertility is also about the bounty of the land. In my case, the sea as well.

>Secondary Domain: God of Nature
Look at all the world has to offer you. So many sights, sounds, scents - and especially tastes.

>Miracles: Muse, Avatar, Vision, Destiny
If I must act directly, I will, but what use is there in that?

But user, doesn't that include your prior incarnation?

Apparently the next image version was supposed to be done by monday, but that wasn't anything concrete. HL was moving so who knows?

Meta CYOA

Realm:

Otherworld & Limbo; everything is vaguely nature-y, but it's always in constant flux. Living, hypothetical, and long extinct organisms are created and live here perpetually. It's a regular occurence for things that are completely impossible to happen as well. Everything is always interesting here.

Primary:
God Of Knowledge; Trickster God

Secondary:
God Of Wisdom; God Of Nature.

We'll see how this one goes.

Muse
Destiny
Martyr
Healing
Ressurection
Contract
Smite
Host

Which one is it

If you were able to tell, then it wouldn't be a trap.

Font size has a lot of variables associated with it. I usually use 8pt fonts for the item/choice text, which is easily legible with the setup I'm using in Photoshop. Different settings will make it necessary to use a variety of font sizes.

By the by, if you are using Photoshop, then make sure to uncheck the box that hyphenates your text. It will make it easier to read.

Didn't see that the points had been upped. I guess I'll replace the knife with
>Medium Gun
an assault rife, and add
>HMD
to help coordinate with the AI, and an
>Infantry Squad
to help with guarding the base.

I have a question. What CYOA is good for traveling through a varied assortment of worlds/universes?

Jumpchain

Huh, I didn't see that question. Sorry. It doesn't stack, but there also isn't really a need for it to. Purity magical girls are glass cannons. Their firepower is really good even without weapons. You're better off investing in really good armor to compensate for your lack of defense. I'm considering putting in a special Re-type upgrade "unique" that lets the weapon benefit from racial powers like that. Isn't much space for it, so I'm only loosely considering it at the moment.

That's here: I forgot to include that change.

You're the first one I've seen to actually go for harvest. Food is not to be underestimated. Especially when the people in population centers are starving people going out to farm is too dangerous.

If you want to Jumpchain, their thread is over there Otherwise there's no CYOA like that.

Thanks. I was worrying what I was doing was too large, but now I think it's just the right size.

>Food is not to be underestimated.
Yeah, when I first read it I thought "I'll go drake and RIP AND TEAR AND BURN" But then I realized that I could do a lot better by essentially creating a settlement and claiming land.

Off-topic, but damn do I love these intrusive ads on Veeky Forums now.

Yeah, wondering if I could just spend my weapon cash on Weightless Regenerating Heavy Power Armor.

1.25 Image Version has been coming down the pipe for a little while now. Last I heard it was 85-90% done but then real life got in the way. I would like to believe the update is coming by mid November, but who can really say?

There are ads?

Weightless is also a waste for magical girls. They can transform armor in to pretty, frilly clothes.

I can't get rid of them on my phone. It's annoying.

If Highlander is here I wanted to ask a question and offer a companion for the image version, before its too late.

Good to know. Will make a build at some point soon.

Damnit, just tell me.

user, I...

JUST

DO IT

I remember that when I found the image, I was using the tag: magical_girl. No idea if that gets used on males or not.

On my phone, at least. Which is a real damn shame, because I was starting to feel bad about the whole Adblock thing.

Then I get forcefully redirected to ads that have more viruses than a Vegas prostitute, and I remember why I have it.

I DID

Maybe she has a feminine dick

She hasn't closed the pool on companions yet, so go ahead.

I know what I want - I just don't know why.

>Race: Holstaur
>Age: Same
>Sex: Female
>Height: 6'2"
>Specialization: Blessed Treats

>Tattoo: Extra Special (Motherly)

>Heavy Power Armor (75 left)
>Power Generator (63 left)
>Alarm System (53 left)
>Neo Medical Bay (35 left)

>Service Personnel (19 left)

>Instant Don (3 left)

>Light Gun (0 left)

I'm not really combat, per se. But someone who can make what little food we have stretch a lot longer is useful, and if we need to evac someone, an armored retrieval operative is useful indeed.

I don't know how much this will affect my mind, but it's likely for the better.

>still using adblock

How's 2006 treating you

Oh boy, 20 free points. Might as well update my build.

>Appearance: Female, Shorter, Same Age

>Race: Kitsune
>Specialty: Shapeshifting

>Tattoo: Split

>Stealth Armor x2 (90)
>HMD x2 (76)
>Vitals Chip x2 (58)
>Medium Gun: Sniper Rifle (51)
>Medium Melee: Glaive (46)
>Light Gun: Handgun x2 (40)
>Light Melee: Dagger (39)
>Set Explosives (27)
>Support Drone (20)
>Light Generator (14)
>Alarm System (3)
Bought a Light Generator and an Alarm System, to ease with security around base.

>General: Natalie Thompson

The two of us work together as scouts and spies, spotting enemy formations, looking for intel, taking out key targets if possible, and utilizing illusions to conceal ourselves and sow chaos. The high cost of our combined gear makes us unable to properly outfit our base outside of basic security, so ideally we'd partner ourselves with someone who could handle the base's defense and amenities.

>She

I've been calling her a he this whole time.

Are you sure Highlander is a lady?

>Tfw you'll only ever have masculine dick

But those are the best kinds

Bush really isn't that bad, in retrospect.

We have conflicting reports.

From general consensus, Highlander is a lesbian Muslim in Canada. Doesn't really matter too much what her gender is, though, since it doesn't really affect Traveller.

Highlander officially files his sex out as Bane on medical forms.

I'm not Highlander, but personally, I don't react (offended or otherwise) based on the pronouns used about me. I wouldn't imagine many other authors would go out of their way to correct you either.

That's a big file.

So ive got Dracula, Creature from the Black Lagoon, a mummy, Frankenstein, the Headless Horseman, and two other surprises.

Did I miss any famous monsters? Im sure I did but just want to hear everyone out.

I'll just say right now, as the creator of and
>pic related
that I'm a guy.

4 u

>Golem / Shield
>Natural Weapons

>Heavy gun [Flamethrower; 10]
>Heavy gun [Chain Gun; 10]
>Heavy Melee [Hammer, 15]
>Heavy Power Armor [25]
>HUD [7]
>Alarm system [11]
>Light Generator [6]
>Regen Armour [16]
>Support Drone w/ Nanomachines, Light Melee [20]

>General: S. Goodman

Not a lot of sublety here, I'm a big rock. I soak hits. I shoot fiends and hit them with a giant hammerfist.

I know there's someone who calls all authors by the feminine pronoun.

Mine's a little too hairy and manly for my taste. It's also surrounded by a body that could never be feminine no matter how many hormones you pump through it. It's why I don't try it.

As the guy who posted I choose Keyblade

Ah, right, forgot my General.

I'll go with General Goodman.

The basic zombie? The monster under your bed!

Wolfman?

Casper?

Cant find any good wolfman art. Im actually surprised about it. You'd think it would be everywhere.

The blob

Already have Athdritch

Wolfman, definitely.

You could just go with more basic "Werewolf" to find more art.

This good? Or would you prefer more wolf like?

fixed the card

Something lovecraftian? Shoggoths, Elder Things, Deep Ones, Nyarlathotep ...

>Shoggoths
Athdritch

>Nyarlathotep
The Dark One is Nyarlethotep.

I think you should search for a better quality image

Classic wolf man is great, I just understand how hard it might be to find a variety of art for them.

Ill go with classic. Sabre Wolf is a good beastial werewolf.

Here. You should join my squad. You'd be a great asset to the community, and with Blessed Treats and Harvest, We could actually start exporting rations for other squads!

>Did I miss any famous monsters?
Though he is not a monster, the Invisible Man is a bit of a Halloween staple. I think.

20 more credits to play with? Count me in! Updating my build:

>Drake
>Imbue
>Boost

Imbue is great, and I like the free passive boost.

>Flight Armor (20)
>Weightless Armor (32)
>HMD (39)
>Vitals Chip (48)

Weightless armor to synergize with my natural flight, which is normally slow. Way I see it, added thrusters on my wings will lead to great speed and maneuverability.

>Heavy Gun (58) - some sort of railgun
>Magic ammo (73) - infinite burning ammo
>Medium Melee (78) - some kind of spear, which I feel is best for a flyer.
>Light Combat Drone (90)
>> armed with a Medium Gun (97)
>Light Gun (100) for help close-in

And with the extra 20 points:

>Neo Medical Bay (18) - for all the damage I'll be taking
>Light Melee x 2 (20) - claws extensions to help increase my threat level if things get too up-close

Honestly, the pistol and claws are just using up extra points, but it fits.

I'm a flying hunter-killer. The fiends have to die, and while I respect the intentions of the other generals and dearly wish for more cooperation between them, I clearly beling under the command of

>Melody Shepard

He also had a universal pictures series. Which is pretty essential.

Also, the original Invisible Man movie is actually hilarious.

The Thing.

Count me in.

The one based on the H.G. Wells novel?

vimeo.com/142501769

here, Postan WIP of latest CYOA, gonna be releasing later tonight if I can find some fucking images for powers jesus shit
Should I take up a name?

would help if I remembered the fucking file

Judging only by what I see here, I want the Frozen Touch.

This better?

Might wanna fix youre spelling