Strike Witches RPG Thread

Previously, on Veeky Forums's last Strike Witches thread.

New Character Generator (links to follow)
A set of house-rules followed, expanding on both the Character Generator: Revised, and the last version of GitS (Links to follow)

ITT:
> rolling witches
> which witch is best witch
> maybe some developmental discussion

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oiyM3w_DxPv9IdXFKWppEe4k4k-6CKGelCpYUl1rfE0/edit?usp=sharing
jpgleize.perso.neuf.fr/aces/ww2eco.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

GitS, circa 2011. Courtesy of 1d4 chan.

The most recent character generator.

Said house-rules/developmental notes.

Where's that user who compiled the list of rolled-up witches?

As stated previously I'm going to focus on rounding those out, and maybe expanding on some more weapon classes, before attempting to combine the previous documents into a new GitS edition. Go over everything and ask questions about anything you find confusing or missing.

>dat kukri
gurkhawitch?

not sure, should we transfer stuff from the old thread to this one so he can find them?

I'm right here. I have the list in a spreadsheet
for those interested. Warning: I'm really bad at organizing things so this is probably gonna end up terribly. Forgive me for my mistakes and tell me if anything is missing.

Here it is: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oiyM3w_DxPv9IdXFKWppEe4k4k-6CKGelCpYUl1rfE0/edit?usp=sharing

Nice work user!

Right, so does anybody have any opinion on the DitS rules? What do we exactly need to unfuck?

well we might want to either expand the list of skills, and omit player-made skills, or create a separate pool of skills for the combat ones listed in the book and another for the fluffy, flavorful ones

Personally, I'd get rid of the movement system that it has and just replace it with something similar to MAS or battle of Britain by expanding the tailing mechanic.

see With the standing PDFs we're mostly in business, it's just a matter of fitting all the pieces together. If the SWCGR guy hits me up TW may come sooner than later, but it's a tertiary priority after the stuff I'm hammering out in the house rules.

>TL;DR
Good for some prototype test play, stay tuned for updates.

I've actually already begun hypothesizing a better skill system, and I've got some ideas on alternative movement methods that I'll elaborate on with SWHR 0.4.

I am eagerly watching this thread, and am taking all ideas and projected rules changes into account with the game I'm running. (plan is to run on sundays, #Angels5 is the channel on Rizon if anyone's interested in watching.)

So are we organizing games? do we have a discord or something for this?

Currently the only one thats up and running is OP's, and his is full. We played around with the idea of having another for those interested but I don't know how far that went.

One consideration I have is just putting a competency talent/trait for AtG and AtA weapons instead of making skills split up just for this reason.

And perhaps ways to tune up SUs? Make them faster, make more stable, make them more manoeuvrable, extra ammo racks, stuff like that.

There's one game with NEGM above, and another user said he's trying to organize another game, but fears a lack of DMing skills would be a detriment

There already is a character progression system in place that could be used for that, or a "warfunds" system of a currency of sorts could be implemented. I'm personally more for the former.

Eh, maybe splitting up into broad categories but I think A2A/A2G is too broad a split.

So I redid Yasuko Shirai with the v0.3 home rules and rerolls. She's gone from:

>HP: 16
>Age: 9 + 3 + 3 + 8 = 23
>Height: (23 x 2) + (41 x 2) + (30 x 2) + 17 = 205 cm (6'9")
>Weight: (207 / 3) + 30 - 30 = 69 kg
>Forward Assets: 12 + (3 + 3 + 2) + (23 / 10) - 3 = 19 (Perky B-cup)
>Aft Assets: 17 + (3 + 3 + 2) + (23 / 10) - 3 = 24 (Bubble butt, normal hips)

to

>HP: 14
>Age: 5 + 3 + 3 + 8 = 19
>Height: (19 x 2) + (41 x 2) + (30 x 2) = 180 cm (5'11")
>Weight: (180 / 3) + 30 - 30 = 60 kg
>Forward Assets: 2 + (3 + 3 + 2) + (19 / 10) - 3 = 9 (A-cup flat)
>Aft Assets: 7 + (3 + 3 + 2) - (19 / 10) = 13 (Petite butt, normal thighs)

So she's gone from FUCKING TALL Japanese girl, to just an abnormally tall girl with pretty much no assets

A few of us were looking at trying to organize another game. I know that I'd be interested in putting one together, but I don't really have time to GM this one and run for my local group. School and work kind of gets in the way.

Freeborn's archetype should be Soldier, and Yasuko's height should be 205 cm (before I did the v0.3 rerolling anyway)

Thank you. Updating Yasuko's stats with your new rolls.

Hmmm. I probably should roll out the rest of Seija's stats sometime.

Yeah, I think the distributions for that stuff is in need of some more tuning. I like the idea behind stats influencing assets and such, but you just get some weird results as it is.

I remember an user in the other thread mentioned making our own Joint Fighter Wing for the Veeky Forums-created Witches. Is that a real thing? Or just wishful thinking?

Well, there's one game already set to be running, and one sputtering to get off the ground. I dunno about joint, but we're going to at least have some people playing.

Seems fun and I'm a huge witchfag so let's try it...

>Attributes
Weapon Skill 30
Ballistic Skill 26
Strength 32
Toughness 38
Agility 33
Intelligence 25
Willpower 29
Perception 24
Fellowship 33
Alright, so she's a dumb, likable brute.

>Origin -- 18: Faraway Land
A fucking leaf. Well, I've enjoyed my visits, they were good soldiers and I like Beurling.

>Striker -- 7: Hawker Tempest Mk II
Not as familiar with the Tempests as others but nice enough plane.

>Familiar -- 10 -> 1: Retriever Dog
Feels appropriate with the stats.

>Loadout -- 4: Lewis Gun, Win 1887
>Sidearm -- 8: Browning No.II Mk.1
A Lewis in one hand and a shotty in the other, scary.

>Assets -- 1 (Undeveloped), 5 (normal butt, normal hips)
Ha. Really thinking swole, unladylike mountain woman. Perhaps some gap moe jealousy.

>Magic Power -- 54: Light Wave
Seems cool; she has the Toughness to get in and do carnage with it.

Second highest scoring Canadian ace seems to have been Henry Wallace McLeod, I like the 'Mc' name as a Scotsman myself. Henrietta McLeod sounds quite good.

Well, that was amusing.

I mean when I saw user's post, my mind mainly just jumped to something like those creation charts that are done for 40k SM chapters and the like. Just for creativity's sake.

Main problem there is that Strike Witches is incredibly character-centric. There ain't really much setting or JFW fluff we can make distinctly ours. So unless we decide to write character-focused pieces, we're more or less dead in the water. And even then it could turn into a circlejerk of OC DONUT STEEL

Full statline for Gabrielle Gabreski:

Striker: P-47D (+10 AtG Rockets (is this supposed to be the Missiles skill in DitS?))
Familiar: Florida Panther
Weapons: Rocket Launcher and Pistol (S&W Model 10)

Weapon Skill 32
Ballistic Skill 37
Strength 50 (40+10 Familiar)
Toughness 37
Agility 41(31+10 Familiar)
Intelligence 27
Willpower 31
Perception 29
Fellowship 22 (RL Gabreski was a bit of a glory-hound and had some issues with encouraging exaggerated claimed kills, so time for social dumpstat there is no way this can go wrong)

Magic: Healing
Magic Points: 6
Age 18
Height 210 (36+100+74 holy fuck we amazon nao)
Weight 64 (70+37-41 something is wrong with our bloody equationsships today)
Keeping the Cinematic body rolls from the generator, using house rules for thigh stats: Choose Any Size (MAXIMUM TITS), bubble butt, thick hips, normal thighs
Straight blond hair, blue eyes, light skin

so I got a concentration-camp tier underweight amazon who probably only uses her healing magic on herself

I can't wait to play her.

I see what you mean. That makes sense.

forgot pic

>Massive tits, bubble butt, thick hips
>On a practically skeletal body
Jesus she must look like a freak

Or a pageant show model

Also, you're weight should be 66 kg

I think the bit where Strength factors into height but not weight means her massive muscles are weightless, which fucks everything up.

If everyone uses that character maker then everyone will end up a top gun with shades.

I'm not exactly seeing a problem.

On March 3, 1942 the United Nations established an elite school for the top one percent of its witches. Its purpose was to teach the lost art of aerial combat and to insure that the handful of women who graduated were the best fighter witches in the world. They succeeded. Today, the UN calls it Witch Weapons School. The flyers call it: TOP PANTSU

Updated.

Which reminds me, we now have almost 30 "registered" Witches. That's a lot of pantsu

Hey, rolled up characteristics for Freeborn, can you add them in?

>Age: 19
>Height: 178 cm (5'10")
>Weight: 67 kg
>Hair type and color: Wavy dark brown
>Eye color: Dark
>Skin color: Light

So if I join up, can my character wear pants?

The better question is how much should she weigh? My best guess based on a couple BMI charts is about 90 kg. So maybe if we make the weight=height/3+toughness+strength-agility?

Some witches already do wear pants though, mostly the older ones because the 'losing magic while older' rule means they don't get to fly around so much

Just updated it.
Only if its pantyhose

Gabreski here, you should boost the weight on the stat sheet.

And I just noticed I forgot to put that she's a Maverick on the statline.

Got the Maverick part, but how much should her weight be though?

Go for 90, seems reasonable enough for a 6'10" girl like her.

I'm half tempted to try to sketch up a JFW generic TO&E for fun.

Question about DitS v0.5, are rocket launchers and missiles separate weapons? Do rocket launchers come with their own generic rockets, or do I have to buy missiles separately? If I use a rocket in combat, is it covered under the Missiles (BS) skill or something else?

Updated stats for Sachiko Nakajima:
Archetype: Soldier
HP: 14
Base Speed: 5
Acceleration: 3
Max Speed: 15
Height: 190 cm
Weight: 63.3 kg
WS: 36
BS: 28
Str: 44
T: 34
Agi: 34
Int: 35
Will: 38
Per: 24
Fel: 43
MP: 7
Luck: 6
Forward Assets: Perky A-Cup
Aft Assets:Bubble butt, normal thighs

>Dick Bong was shit at shooting, so he'd get really close to the enemy fighter
>one time he accidentally hit one, and claimed it as a probable

22 BS 40 WS Super Strength witch for him when
but I can't find a good feminized form for Richard and don't want to call her Pussy Bong

Rachel? Raquel?

Not as good as Dick, but they're the closest ones I've found

Maybe we could divide them up into two groups, 3 squadrons per group, 5 witches per squadron?

Holy shit please do that would make me so happy

>tfw you misread the chart
Okay, separate the structure into different five-witch flights, with the total number of witches separated into two squadrons. Or something like that.

IIRC, real life squadrons have a dozen to two dozen planes in them. 4-5 witches would be a flight, of which there 3 to 4 in a squadron. Really depends on how big the wing is though because as it stands we could have 15 per group, which is 3 squadrons of 5, which is what you suggested.

4-witch flights
do you even basic air combat doctrine

It's like 1AM here, so I'll try to get it done tomorrow morning. Unless work calls me in.

If I'm mathing correctly, that would be 3 flights per squadron of 5 witch teams, for a total of 15 witches per squadron. Or, as another user pointed out, if each flight had 4 witches, that would mean there would have to be either 7 flights of 4 witch teams or 8 flights with one 2 witch team. Each squadron would be comprised of 3 or 4 flights still though. It's just a bit uneven due to the amount of witches currently "recorded"

Why go with lances when we can have stars?

Because 4-plane formations are a real, practical thing?

You're doing heaven's work, user. thanks!
I shall be rolling the other stats for myself then (Anne S. Lehtovaara here)

Height: 13x2+35x2+32x2 = 160 +2d10 (8, 10) = 1,78. W-woah there.
Weight: 178/3 (59) + 32 - 33 = 57kg. Proportional, more to the lean side.
Hair type: Straits (10)
Hair color: Light blonde (9)
Eye color: Blue (1)
Skin color: Olive (5)

So, well, given her assets and height, Anne is a slightly laid back 13 years old witch who looks nothing like her age, and has a long career ahead of her. I'll try my hand at drawing.

First batch of skills.
Conceptually skills would just be for actions that either require a level of training or experience to do reliably, or in so many different flavors that it's prudent to specify which ones the character is good at.
Otherwise, just a basic ability test would be rolled for general activities.

The only problem I see is that it doesn't really work out mathematically with the amount of witches we have right now. But I agree, it should be 4-witch flights.
Nice job. Are we still going by the same rolling mechanics in DitS?

Your wish is my command. It is now updated. Looking forward to your drawing

Yes

and think you for posting the dice
seeing the gears turn always helps

Although you may wish to revisit the SWHR. v0.3 is posted under the OP. It seems like you're using v0.4

I meant 0.2, not 0.4; 0.4 hasn't been made yet.
0.3 is the current one, 0.2 is old

-which, 0.3 addresses a lot of the variation issues (like height) and added the Karsland/Gallia tables.

I'm considering trying my hand at making a Strike Witches wargame, maybe more of an expansion for Hunters in the Sky (Made by Polaris Games, available on DriveThruRPG.) Anyone have other base rules suggestions?

Because we aren't Clanner scum.

Adolfine is a special case. She wears pants because the real world pilot she's based on didn't (he was some manner of a crazy motherfucker who was known to pilot his plane in his underwear). It's inverted, you see.

> Scottish clan witches issuing batchalls to squadron mates

>that pantsu
l-lewd

Are there any more expansions/changes to DitS that should be kept in mind/done going forward?

I think this is a problem where we have people whose physical characteristics are out of proportion with their stats/age.
>Strength factors into height but not weight means her massive muscles are weightless, which fucks everything up.
I think maybe an "average height/weight" limit per age range would be a good idea.

I was thinking about making a/some squadron emblem(s), any thoughts for what we'd want for our squadrons?

>I think this is a problem where we have people whose physical characteristics are out of proportion with their stats/age.
Even without the T&A, she'd still be way too skinny for her height.

Well we'd have to figure out our theater of operations, nicknames, squadron histories, possible nicknames given by the press, notable engagements, etc. in order to effectively make an emblem that accurately reflects the squadron

If we're in the Pacific, then maybe something about Raiders. If it's China, then possibly something about Flying Tigers. If it's Spain, then maybe something about condors. Or just use the [Adjective] Witches format officially used.

I misread that as 'issuing catcalls to squadron mates' which made a lot more sense to me.

Going on what user was saying, we would have 2 squadrons in our flight group. I would like to know where our base is stationed as well as our "nickname" before we make an emblem though. Basically what said. Given the amount of Europeans, possibly somewhere on the European front?

Exactly why I was suggesting a limit for weight/height of a certain age range in order to retain realistic proportions.

Mobius Witches

We Ace Combat nao

You dare refuse my batchall?

we always were Ace Combat senpai
What about Mobile Witches?

have any of the female aces from Russia shown up as little boys yet?

Sanya is named after Lydia V. Litvyak. So no genderbending, just continuing the "loosely based on" theme they got going on

Fumika wears pants in the first episode of BW season now despite never before. Lots of official art and other people in the franchise have shown by now that the fashion is varied with anyone able to use pants if they want to but can choose not to.

Besides Sanya, no other female ace has gotten a witch form yet. And Sanya was a female and she's still a girl witch.

Oh yes.
In super broad strokes:
> New skill system / adjustments
> Maneuver adjustments / recategorization
> Weapon extrapolation / rebalancing
> Movement/scaling tweaks
> Periodic familiar/striker balance adjustments
> Regularly double, triple, and quadruple-checking the math
> so much math
> Expanded rules for ground/foot/melee combat
> Tank Witches

That's in a VERY loose/non-definitive order of priority, based not only on importance but practicality. The currently fluid nature of things is why I'm updating the SWHR more and leaving DitS as-is for now. DitS can stand as a cornerstone to build off of until the SWHR reach a point where they + SWCGR/DitS reach a point where everyone is more or less satisfied, and/or you've basically got to reference the SWHR as much as DitS just out of content alone (which shouldn't be but maybe two or three more SWHR updates down teh road). Not that it'll have that much content, but because some of it will overlap with things in DitS. At that point it'll be time to take that big step into DitS [Subtitle] 1.0.

Until then SWHR+SWCGR are the spreadsheets of projected development, and DitS is the staple holding them together.

Ok just checking to know if there was any speculation or tweaking we could do in the thread.

>Attention, cutie patootie with th' striped panties, this is
I am not about to open the Wikipedia page for every single UK ace just to try and find one from Scotland.
>I claim this island in th' name of great Mother Scotland
>To this Trial of Possession I bring a star of Strikers and a star of Tankers
>What bid ye?

>I am not about to open the Wikipedia page for every single UK ace just to try and find one from Scotland.
jpgleize.perso.neuf.fr/aces/ww2eco.htm

>jpgleize.perso.neuf.fr/aces/ww2eco.htm
Great site, thanks for the link.

I don't know if we are going with Mobius Witches or not, but I think some planes on our emblem would be cool.

Any sort of brainstorming is encouraged, even if it's not directly related to mechanical stuff.

I check into the thread every few hours, so if anyone has any sort of questions or comments please post them and just link to this or one of the posts containing a document.

Note that I didn't make the SWCGR, Particular did that. So while I am appropriating his work the best I can do when it comes to questions about the SWCGR is speculate based on my own reasoning.

dice+ 10d10

Lets see if i remember this right....

And Curse this thread. I now have pulled a 1/48 Black widow model out of the 'finish this sometime' box.

dice10d10

nope. I don't remember right. oh well. try try try again.