Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: →
>wtf.trid
>check out my Mr. Johnson.trid
>The Life of Pablo.trid
>stupid party tricks.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Other urls found in this thread:

shortwaverad.io/Critsquad/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's this?
"Lazy fuck"-Edition?
"No imagination at all"-Edition?
Try some more effort next time, chummer

Which rule book is SR5 in chummer? new to shadowrun, please help dog jammit!

It's the Shadowrun core rulebook, 5th edition.

Well since OP fucked up, lets have a starting question.

GMs, what sort of runs do you guys like to start new teams with? Food Fight? Smuggling Runs? Gang Fights? Beating up Nerds for Ork Fratboys (No Homo)?

>GMs, what sort of runs do you guys like to start new teams with? Food Fight? Smuggling Runs? Gang Fights? Beating up Nerds for Ork Fratboys (No Homo)?

Beating up Nerds for Ork Fratboys (all of the Homo)

Thanks mate

Gonna pose my question from the last thread again.
Have GMs ever experimented with ways to streamline combat resolution?
I'm considering having armor just take the average result each time to speed things up.

that chummer got the wrong book
it's in the CRB for 4e
here's the part he was most likely referencing

Can anyone tell me the rule books that I should read before jumping into chummer? all of them? just the core rule book? not quite sure where to start apart from working on a street samurai at my friends house

Some variation of Food Fight if the majority of the players are new to the game, otherwise I go with a series of distraction and quiet robbery jobs to give the feeling that they're being tested and felt out by their main fixer/Johnson.

All of them.

it might be best to have a player sit with you while you make your chargen. it's always good to read the books but there tends to be awkward cross referencing and vague descriptions in the books. do you have someone that could guide you?

Generally speaking, having all the books enabled won't cause you many problems. Books largely just add new gear and qualities.

For a Street Sam, I'd strongly recommend you read Run and Gun and Hard Targets. They add a large amount of gear and abilities that help make you more competent. You'll also want to read Chrome Flesh, but it's better to get a handle of how the game works before inundating yourself in all the books, unless that's your bag.

did have someone, my gm, his studying in uni at the moment so i'm gonna spend tomorrow reading all the books by myself, wish me luck, off to bed now, see you chummers tomorrow then
t. I also wrote pic related if anyone cares

Reposting from the other thread:

Alright, I've got some shameless self promotion here. My friends and I have started a Shadowrun actual play podcast called Crit Squad, based heavily on the animated Suicide Squad movie, not the Jared Leto one. Why listen to this one? Because we sound designed the fuck out of it. It sounds like a radio play with some dice rolls. And since I know a lot of you don't get the chance to play, it might scratch that itch, at least a little. And it's not a bunch of neckbeards talking on skype, it's actually rather RP heavy. With real live actors! You can find episodes on whatever you use to listen to podcasts, or at shortwaverad.io/Critsquad/

Episodes are released every other Thursday, since we're busy and don't get to play a whole lot. And it takes a while to add everything in, sound-wise. If you dig it, a review on itunes does wonders on our end, and it only has to be three words long.

End of ad. Commence return to /srg/.

Thanks for the advice, just gonna start reading and rolling desu, I'll hopefully figure it out along the way

I'll give it a look, sounds kewl

Anybody got Court of Shadows?

Pastebin.

Already shared itt

That's how i did it. I'm still not 100% familiar with all the rules, but I can fudge enough to get through the weekly games I run.

ah thanks! I'll probly start using the armor rule. Maybe use the range one for non standard type attack rolls

I'm kinda lost on how enchanted weapons work, /srg/ - I want to gift an enchanted sword (mostly cosmetically, but also mechanically) to one of my players (sammie) from an awakened NPC that wants to show her gratitude, but I'm not sure how that works exactly because between foci that grants benefits only to awakened characters and alchemy that apparently is a one-time trigger i'm really fucking lost

A mundane samurai using a weapon focus is the same as a regular sword. At absolute best, the weapon focus could create a minor background count in the immediate vicinity, weakening others in melee combat. It's not really supported directly in the rules but if you have a sword with a piece of the one true cross in it, it's not infeasible.

You know what? I am so fucking sick of you SINless creeps always shitting on sararimen for NO REASON. They aren't mindless drones working for some evil overlords, they're competent, intelligent people who actually make the world a better place and WORK HARD to do so, something you people with your guns and stupid haircuts wouldn't know the first thing about. Just because you can't hold down a real job like we do and get paid for ruining other people's lives doesn't make you some kind of exciting renegade who has all the answers. It only makes you a criminal and a scumbag who's either too stupid or too lazy to get to the top by doing a honest day's work. You all make me sick.

I'm disappointed by the lack of JackPoint stuff in this book.

Otherwise, though, it seems neat.

Well, excuse me for not being born with citizenship.

It's not like they're handing out SINs on every street corner. Some of the kids I grew up with would kill for a legit (non-criminal) SIN.

Some of them already have.

Anything, as long as fucking up doesn't have any major lasting consequences (up to and including death). Then progressively bring in tougher opponents

I abuse the knockdown rule a lot. Mooks taking more physical damage than their Physical Limit usually go down and stay down.

>You all make me sick
And how many sick days can you take before you get replaced?

>Some of the kids I grew up with would kill for a legit (non-criminal) SIN.
That's precisely the reason you don't have a SIN.
Stop blaming your problems on society instead of fixing them.

>fixing society's problems

That's the trick, innit. You're too busy working in a cushy office to make a difference, and I'm too busy trying to not starve to death in the radioactive shithole where I was born. Funny how that works.

>And how many sick days can you take before you get replaced?

DAMN. Chummer over here is spittin' fire!

>50013319
>would kill for a legit (non-criminal) SIN.
>50013344
>instead of fixing them.

chummer, you do know that in their case "fixing their problems" means killing you and your colleagues and taking their place?

>You're too busy working in a cushy office to make a difference
You have no idea how many lives we improve here at Aztechnology on a daily basis. Our work goes way beyond the practical application of cutting edge science and technology. You should have a look at our EXTENSIVE community outreach programs before spouting that garbage.

>Aztechnology
>They aren't mindless drones working for some evil overlords
>not evil overlords

wow, those AZT mind control mages sure do their work well

I'm considering setting a campaign on the UK, what book should I look into for more detailed information of it, including tir na nog relationships or whatever?

I know for a fact no mage has ever subjected me to any mind control, so buzz with your paranoia. Aztechnology is a good, solid and by-the-numbers corporation with only the best interests of the population and its workers at heart, and it's disgusting that people like you would attempt to demonize it to legitimize your own hostile attitudes and crimes perpetrated against a honest business.

>a sword with a piece of the one true cross in it

Knights of the Cross would make great opponents in SR. The objective good guys who remind the players exactly what their life entails.

Can this even be called shilling?

>I know for a fact
how exactly
Oh wait, let me guess
"I just know", right?

How the hell else would you know anything.
You people aren't too bright, are you?

because I'm such a sucker for this kind of shit: Is there any viable or conceivable way to get an arm mod like this? I would drag my cybergenitals through a kilometer of monofilament wires to get an arm like this.

What? What mistake did I make?

He's talking about the op's image, the tentacle cyberlimb. And no, you can't have additional functional limbs added by cyberware or bioware. The best is an abstraction where the many limbs work together in a swarm to perform a single function, but then it's not a cyberlimb.

well, what would it be, then?

Your boss pays me more than you make in a year to sneak in to your house and rub my cybergenitals all over you stuff.

ZSU-57-2 calls the validity of last rule into question.

Probably a stupid question, but: Are there any ways to increase "Judge Intent" besides just increasing my attributes?

In a hypothetical situation my PC gets access to a forgotten frozen storage unit full of old chemical weapons (VX, VR, Sarin, etc.), how effective will they be against 2070s gas masks and other chemical protection measures? Can magic reverse neural agents that kill by suffocation and muscle spasms (eventually causing a broken spine)?
VX/VR family makes filters ineffective in popular modern masks like GP-5 and GP-7 very quickly, and is skin-absorbent.
I read something about chemical weapons in "War!", but are there any more up-to-date information?

I'm not that well-versed on details as small as that, but I do have a tip.
If you're in a black-trenchcoat game, the GM is likely sitting and cackling in his basement in his free time. The reaction that you would get in real life if you released sarin for something as petty as a corporate sabotage mission is equivalent to what you'd get if you bombed S-K headquarters in the Sixth World, and up that by orders of magnitude in a world where megacorporations don't even have to do paperwork after they kill you.
Your GM is either completely retarded or planning on playing the scenario completely straight, and in either case it's bad for your character's life expectancy. If your GM doesn't know exactly how lethal and how illegal nerve gas is, he'll likely panic and call a stop to the game (or RFED) when you release it.
If he knows, he's likely read up on the tiniest little details of elite corpsec and special forces, and is planning to dump it on you like a ton of bricks if you're stupid enough to use nerve gas.

I don't think so. But the kinesics adept power in the core book gives dice when rolling against it.

Well. That sucks. I wanted to make a face who's biggest thing was always knowing exactly what was going on, when he was being lied to, etc.

Or to redeem them. Put them on the path of hooding maybe.

Maybe you could fluff out the 'divine guidance' thing as a a mentor spirit, in case a player is interested.

Well it's still your intuition versus their willpower. And while it can't stop everything, the Con skill prevents people from outright bullshitting you as long as you get your GM to roll opposed tests.

Mission is a smash-and-grab in an isolated facility in tundra. If the alarm sounds, the S.H.I.T. (seriously, hellishly important thing) will be destroyed by the staff.
I was thinking about releasing VR (VX's soviet brother) into the ventilation system, as it's unified (for the team to crawl through, I guess), doesn't have chemical filters, and regular filtration systems will do nothing to stop an aerosol like VR.
VR has a pretty good shelf life under certain conditions, and odds are good that there is some of it hidden in the back of some old general's freezer.

It's also technically odorless (your nose stops working when you smell it) and it only becomes obvious you've been affected when you are permanently out of action due to kill-me-please level seizures.

I can't read your GM's mind, but seeing as I'm a perma-GM, I can vaguely sense the sound of cackling and hands being rubbed together in a musty basement from here.
A GM that would let that work is a bad GM. Providing the solution to the problem neatly packed up in a nearby facility and having such obvious weak spots for that specific kind of attack seems like the perfect setup for a trap.
If he didn't think of the ventilation system being extremely susceptible, he's a retard to the level where I wonder if he can breathe and walk at the same time. If he did it to set up a clear solution, he's played too many adventure games and is probably funky as a GM, because that's the equivalent of just dragging the item onto the location and waiting.
I think it's a trap. The fact that the whole encounter seems to be made to bait you into using the nerve gas is incredibly suspicious - everything seems intentionally set up to make it perfectly suited for the occasion.
Try to see if you can get an ear in the local government, get some good fake SINs or someone who can set you up with them, and for God's sakes find a way to get in and out while the nerve gas still remains.
I'm seeing a very vivid image of the GM steepling his fingers over the table while saying that yes, the nerve gas killed every staff member - but it's lingering for hours, and you're in the middle of the tundra just outside a high-security facility whose researchers have all stopped responding and where the security system has probably detected the presence of something off that can be remotely inspected.
And in the distance, the black helicopters come, and there are no witnesses and no one to call on for help.

Wouldn't one of the players have to be a Denarian for a Knight of the Cross to be summoned in confrontation to the players?

Finding a proper weekly game for SR5 is impossible isnt it.....Even more when it have to at reasonable european time......

When you're a company that produces food and consumer products, you already have a Headstart in covering up the yard evil for both of your employees and your customer base .

There is zero reason to use a nerve agent in that situation. Buy some Neurostun and leave the crimes against humanity to the 'corps.

rule 63 solid snake.

Is the Middle East as fucked up in Shadowrun as it is now? Is it a potential playground for mercenaries and contractors? What about Africa?

Yes but in a different way, yes, yes

For the M.E. check Shadows of Asia
For Africa check Cyberpirates, Feral Cities, Target: Awakened Land, Runner Havens and Sprawl Survival Guide
In both cases check the Sixth World Almanac

Remember though that many things are not elaborated due to not being N.A. or Europe/Germany

Basically?

Mundanes don't get magical shit.

You don't give a magic sword to a mundane character like it's D&D - you need to be Awakened to use magical shit.

If someone gives your Street Samurai a fancy sword, it's just going to be fancy - he won't be able to use it as a magic weapon, even if it's magic.

London Sourcebook.

>Neurostun
>not a horribly deadly neurotoxin
Having to resist 16 Stun damage every 2 combat turns for 20 combat turns in a row has a way of fucking killing the shit out of you, especially once you collapse and have no way to escape the deadly cloud.

Just because it starts with Stun and then moves to Physical doesn't mean it's not a hideously deadly chemical weapon.

Knights of the Cross involves themselves in all manner of wickedness - it's just that Denarians are especially wicked, and so the Knights are especially involved.

which is why Good GMs should reason that it doesn't go over into the Physical track
Because any Gas that kills in a few seconds in is not sold as a non-lethal weapon

By your logic, tazers and narcoject also shouldn't overflow into Physical.

In reality, less-lethal countermeasures are just that - less lethal - and can easily and regularly lead to people ending up dead as fuck, especially when used in less-than-ideal circumstances.

Shit's explicitly called out as industry standard knockout gas. You want to insist it's actually lethal in seconds because overflow rules should apply, well that's your prerogative.

no, of course they are not perfectly non-lethal. Everything could kill you
But there's a difference between "I have to empty my entire magazine in their body before they die" and "one Neurostun Grenade and a few seconds later they are all dead"
Otherwise my frag grenade is non-lethal, since you have a realistic chance to survive it. I'd even say in most cases you have a better chance of surviving it than the Neurostun

Not the guy you're talking to, but he's right, it does overflow and kill the fuck out of people. The idea's that you either send people in with chemical seals to drag knocked-out people out of the area of effect, or you have some kind of ventilation/evacuation system that can blast the contaminated air out of an area after it's had its intended effect.

That's the actual reason why the higher-grade versions of Neuro-Stun dissipate in 1 minute instead of 10 - less killy that way.

Just like in real life, knockout gasses will kill the everliving fuck out of you if you're left in them for long enough to have inhaled a dangerous dosage, and proper procedure is to get people the fuck out of there before that can happen.

Maybe Nuero-Stun is made for the Russian market. Kills Hostages Dead™.

Except that if you get hit by a taser, you need to be hit by it again before it does damage.

Or at the very least, the person using it has to shoot you again with it. One dose of Narcojet on a very resistant subject (body 5, will 5) is likely to do this damage: 12 stun, 4.5 phys, 3 phys, 1.5 phys. So a very tough target will be almost dead from one dose. An average human will instead take 13 stun (almost certainly 1 phys), then 5.5 phys, 4.5 phys, and then 3.5, dying from one dose at average luck and even with good luck not being out of the woods.

Neuro-stun only re-ups itself if you remain within the cloud. Otherwise, it does its damage and then is done.

If you're left to linger in a cloud of knockout gas for ten times longer than the average time it take to knock someone out, you fucking die.

The same way that if you're tazed ten times as many times as it takes to incapacitate a person you fucking die.

Neuro-stun has a time of one combat turn and does enough damage to put most people out. So after six seconds you've taken the ~12 stun and 4-5 physical damage. Nine seconds and you've taken another test, which nets you more damage. Twelve seconds is death for the Statistically Average Human if they get an unlucky roll in there. Fifteen seconds will kill said human unless they were really lucky.

You've got to be really quick about rescuing people, especially if the place doesn't have good ventilation and the cloud lasts longer than 4 turns.

>1 minute
>less killy
oh I'm laffin
Let's say average human. Bod 3, Wil 3, 10 Stun CM, 10 Body CM

>Neurostun is inhaled
>Human does a resistance test, rolls 6 dice (BOD+WIL, let's assume no ware or gear since he didn't notice) average two hits
>Neurostun now has Power 13
>human is knocked out

Before they could have reacted they are already out.

>Neuro-stun only re-ups itself if you remain within the cloud
Tell me, you are hit with the resistance test and are stunned. How are you supposed to leave?

expand on my cyberpunk image folder. Danka. On another note, I know blacklight is a good game to play for a future cyber shooter, but what other games are there>

>to drag knocked-out people out of the area of effect
It's a contact poison, omae, dragging the victim away doesn't stop them being dosed. If you assume overflow, it's lethal in every case outside of being dragged into a chemical shower within 10 seconds of exposure. Impossible to bill that as a knockout gas. Its not just ineffective at it's explicit purpose, it's antithesis to it.

A Speed of 1 Combat Turn means it doesn't hit you until the END of the NEXT combat turn.

That means that in a 6 second period (2 full combat turns, with all of the attendant initiative passes) you're having to resist one (1) hit of Force 16 Stun damage - it would normally be Force 15, but if you're in the cloud those two turns in a row it ups the Concentration as per page 409.

You resist it with Body + Willpower, which means your average character reduces that to 14 stun damage.

That's enough to knock your average person out with 4 Stun to spare, which then overflows into Physical at a 2:1 rate, for 2 Physical.

They can then survive about 2 more combat turns, on average, before they're getting to the point where they're going into full-on physical overflow.

That means there's an approximately 4 combat turn or 12 second window after Neuro-Stun's deployment to either vent the gas or extract the targets before there's serious risk of fatality due to being left to linger in fucking knockout gas - which, as in real life, is seriously deadly in anything other than extremely controlled circumstances.

If you drag them out of the cloud, they're no longer in contact with the toxin, especially where game mechanics are concerned. 'Contact' in no way states that it lingers on the subject's skin.

Two hits from that six seconds. Just because it doesn't take effect yet doesn't mean that the subject hasn't been in the gas.

So you've got about one combat turn if there's no antidote and you weren't going to risk a turn of the guys you wanted knocked out shooting at you.

If you have an antidote, then you've got that leeway because it'll stabilize the subject.

It's more likely whomever wrote the poison rules had no idea how the damage system works than it is they legitimately intended to create a poison that kills in seconds and call it knockout gas.

>Two hits from that six seconds.
I already mentioned that - it stacks up to Force 16 because of how the Concentration rules on page 409 works.

If you get hit twice with the same toxin before you've had time for the first hit to take effect, it just adds +1 Force to that first dose.

I'd strongly encourage you to read the actual rules, because it sounds like you might be arguing from a place of ignorance.

>as in real life
are you saying that in real life you die when breathing in for just over 10 seconds?
I kinda doubt that

>If you drag them out of the cloud, they're no longer in contact with the toxin
I don't know man, sounds like contact poisons stay stuck until inert. See tear gas: the effects don't end when you leave the area, you have to wash thoroughly or it lasts the full 2 minutes.

Didn't Street Magic in 4 have some kind of magic sword that wasn't just a foci?

Yes, "If the victim is still being exposed to the toxin when when the toxin's speed interval elapses, perform another Toxin Resistance Test, and so on each time the Speed interval elapses. For each subsequent Toxin Resistance Test after the first, increase the Power of the Toxin by +1, cumulatively."

To me that reads like this (for neurostun) : Turn one in a toxin roll Body+Will+aid, hits reduce the power of 15. Leftover power is the damage you take at the end of the next turn. Turn two, you roll Body+Will+aid, hits reduce the left over power+1. Leftover power is the damage you take, and now you're taking the first turn's damage.

For nausea gas (and no awareness) it'd work like this. Turn one, I'm exposed and make my body+will+aid test versus 9. Turn two still in the gas, nothing happens. Turn three, I'm hit by disorientation, and possibly suffering from the worse results of nausea, and then I have to make another test against remaining power+1. Three turns later again (so turn 6, the gas grenade no longer in effect), I'm probably under two disorientation effects, and two nausea effects, one or both possibly having been the worse versions.

>To me that reads like this (for neurostun) : Turn one in a toxin roll Body+Will+aid, hits reduce the power of 15. Leftover power is the damage you take at the end of the next turn. Turn two, you roll Body+Will+aid, hits reduce the left over power+1. Leftover power is the damage you take, and now you're taking the first turn's damage.
You read like a retard.

>Shit's explicitly called out as industry standard knockout gas.
No, it's called out as the gas for 'emergency containment situations.'

As in situations where the number one priority is containment, rather than situations where the main objective is nonlethality.

It's the highest-end shit you can get short of outright Physical damage.

>and so on each time the Speed interval elapses
Here's where you're misreading- only immediate poisons tick every round. A speed 1 poison ticks every two rounds, since you don't test again until you take the damage.

That'll kill too. Everyone you knock out will suffocate.

>Kurokawa, The Black River
>The bright blade Kurokawa is a katana featuring a vein of orichalcum running the length of its folded steel blade, and a hilt carved from the fang of an adult Eastern dragon. Hiro Gassan, descendent of a line of Japanese master swordsmiths, used an ancient magical formula to instill the unique enchantment within the blade.

>Kurokawa acts as a Force 6 weapon focus. The sword immediately bonds with anyone who holds it, magician or mundane, without having to pay Karma or perform a bonding ritual and they gain the benefit of the focus immediately. The blade is always active and dual-natured and cannot be deactivated except through force (such as the Disrupt Focus spell or an astral barrier). Kurokawa’s wielder, even a mundane, may become subject to Focus Addiction (See Focus Addiction, p.26–27, Street Magic), becoming obsessed with the blade.

To make this blade, a swordsmith who followed the Buddhist tradition was needed, as well as four unique radicals, several natural radicals, the tooth of an Eastern Dragon, and ten units of orichalcum. Oh yes, and a live metahuman sacrifice, who was run through with the sword, which pulled a bit of his aura into the blade, which is why you don't need a binding ritual.

I usually homerule it by upping the cost and using the Nartaki base traits for mechanics

I feel like that one runs into issues with stuff that alters the speeds of toxins. But then I thought about it more while tyring to find some stuff and ran into another issue.

How the hell do gas grenades (and to a lesser degree DSMO and chem patches) interact with doses? It makes a 10m cloud for four turns. If that's a single dose, then it should mean that nothing happens until multiple turns have passed because you haven't had a full dose. If it's multiple doses, then how many do you take a turn? It matters some for concentration, but then kinda runs into the speed issues, although less than (off the top of my head) eating tetrodotoxin to sort of immunize yourself to any faster variations of it.

I love Shadowrun, but have come to utterly detest the system such that I cannot bear to trying running it again in the d6 pool...

I remember a few years ago there was someone who mentioned they'd tried to rebuild it in the nWoD or CofD now I guess system.

Does anyone have a link to that, or a similar hack that I could take a look at?
No FATE rubbish please.

>hate dicepool
>want to do nWoD
????

>One dice pool system is the same as every other
How long does combat take in Shadowrun again?

Based on experience, not too long unless you have no idea what you're doing.

How big is Seattle compared to IRL Seattle?

I have a character who is built to be a superb driver and I'm looking to have them grow into a combat character. They are not an adept and have already blown most of heir essence on a control rig and alphaware wired reflexes 2.

They have a broad and not specialized set of weapon skills.

Dodge (1)
Blades (3)
Clubs (3)
Unarmed Combat (3)
Automatics (3)
Longarms (3)
Pistols (3)
climbing (1)
gymnastics (1)
Running (1)
Swimming (1)

they are an ork and have the following unaugmented attributes
Bod 6
Agi 5
Rea 5
Str 6
Cha 1
Int 2
Log 2
WiL 3

They have 2 edge and 1.1 essence remaining.

I'm looking to have this character grow in combat effectiveness as time goes on assuming they don't die.

Given that more cyberware isn't an option due to lack of available Essence, (and not having the funding to afford delta wear wired reflexes to open up void space for other beta and delta wear cybernetics and bio augs) and he's not magic, what ways are left to go about doing this?

This is in shadowrun 4e.
If you are curious about his driving
Pilot: Ground craft (5)
Pilot: aircraft (2)
Automotive mechanic (2)
Gunnery (1)
Grearhead (cars)
Gearhead(trucks)