Veeky Forums - That Guy

im bored. lets do this

Bump.

bemp

not tg, but whatever

We need new That Guy stories, as unfortunate as that is to say.

Kinda reminds me of Tommy Wiseau

I always get excited when I see a That Guy thread, but whenever I click on it I realize 75% of the stories here are bullshit and 20% are embellished.

>When That Guy doesn't realize he's That Guy.

I'm not sure this classifies as That Guying. The DM was either okay with or ignorant of the evil he was doing, and there's no evidence in the cap that any of the other players were uncomfortable or otherwise not having fun(He actually says "we" several times in reference to the genocide, implying that at least one other member of the party was on board with it.). I'll admit you may have more info than I, but it seems fine to me.

Pretty much this. As long as the GM is cool with it, using a spell to make your dick huge then using it as an improvised weapon is not being that guy

I remember that thread.

Well i can't contribute any because my old 'that guy' stories are terrible and autistic and i don't play with people i don't like

I don't know if this is very "that guy"-ish so I better just ask. We all know that playing a girl(as fa/tg/uy) all the time is not something abnormal or bad, but what if person that plays a girl constantly starts to press other people into playing as a girl in settings where it doesn't matter? "Lol, why you don't try playing a girl, you always make a guy" "it's just a gender, it doesn't force you to play any specific way" and other comments to influence char creation

As a suggestion, not a problem, nothing wrong with encouraging people to try something new. But if it reaches the point of pressuring the other player yes, that's definite That Guying.

I'll admit however, I'm curious what the player's motivation is, do they have a shared background in mind for which they need another female PC? Is he just feeling awkward because he's the only one playing the other sex? Does he have dreams of a all female party played by an all male group? Are lesbians his fetish?

I should add that I played two campaigns and both characters shared two things: they were lawful (lawful neutral, lawful evil) and were male. While it is "always" male it's not very stale.

>Does he have dreams of a all female party played by an all male group? Are lesbians his fetish?
I do not want to know or ask, something in my guts tells me yes on both and tells me to avoid it at all cost

>roll to grapple, pin and rape
Madman. Keep them coming boys I need to feel superior to nerds sometimes

>rape before removing clothes
mom's gonna freak

jesus christ

i remember that comic

>Short with enormous boobs is somehow an unfathomable thought to this guy
Actually that's pretty standard short girl anatomy. Basically every single girl I've ever known 2 heads or more shorter than me at my age has been stacked.

I'm always a little unsure how to feel about people posting Benny the Weeb. On one hand, people have screen-capped and have put something I wrote into circulation. On the other hand, I kind of feel bad for Benny. I met him about a month back and he seems to be... doing. Still obsessed with anime, still upset about the whole incident, but he and his GF seem pretty happy on the whole.

Post Benny with a timestamp

Why would I take pictures of the random psychopath that got banned from my FLGS? Actually, since getting my own group started I haven't seen anyone from the store except during FNM.

1. It proves you're not lying about the story
2. It will help us imagine the events better.

Do it for the children user.

>all these super fucking wide screen caps
Why do you people hate yourselves and everyone else?

Some of us aren't on a phone.

It's still terrible even on a normal screen.

Hey, player from that session here.
Who wants to hear about the time the same player almost caused a TPK?

I do

Another player from said game, are you talking about that shit from the other game we were in?

Good to see you here, and yes, I am

Did OP ever come back?

So, to begin with, a little backstory.
This is from what was for many of us (including myself) our first D&D campaign. One of the few exceptions was who was going to become our "That Guy", who I shall refer to as Laz for convenience's sake.
Up until that point, I had never had any issues with Laz. He seemed nice enough, and the first red flag, which none of us recognized as such, was when he told us that his brother was a "terrible DM" who would "constantly pick on him in-game". What he described was genuinely dickish, and I had no reason to believe he was being untrue about it, so I just accepted it.
Our characters were your typical potpourri of misfits (I'm just gonna describe the ones that stayed regulars in our game, the rest aren't important to the story): Our sorceror was a guy called Lube-Bu, a half-silver-dragon who was cursed by a gypsy to constantly exude slime; Keith (who was a DMPC), a huge half-firbolg fighter in a diver's suit wielding an ancor; Lily, Lube-Bu's cocktease half-sister swordsage; Dominique, a dwarf druid who was quite the sexual deviant; and me, playing a dishonored chef who was now wandering the lands to sample the meat of monsters he slew.
Laz's character was SARAH THUNDERHIGH, an awfully short rogue girl with blue hair and a gaudy pink dress. She had an awfully high Hide skill and eventually gained a Ring of Invisibility which she exploited at every given opportunity. One of her more annoying traits was that she would never eat ANYTHING but sweets. She had a bag of cookies on her at all times. My character was obviously peeved at that, but I took care to never make a big point of it.
In our first session, we had just been sent out to find the source of a bunch of gnoll attacks, and were tracking them through the woods, when we heard rustling in the bushes. Sarah ducked into the shrubbery, and as we stepped forward to investigate, she fired an arrow into the bushes. What happened is described in the comic above.

What about the time Sarah started talking shit to Tiamat just when Lube-Bu got her to calm down and not decide to kill the party.

Ssshhh, I was building up to that!
Laz had plenty of odd moments throughout our campaign; Every time we met a new character who was in some position of power she would try to manipulate them into "working for her", whatever that meant. When we first met the physically strong but naive Keith, she kept saying that he should work for her, despite her never suggesting anything different than what the party was already doing at the current time.
If she was unable to convince a person more powerful than her to comply with her wishes, she would flaunt that her father was Sid Thunderhigh, the famed head of the Thieves' Guild. I'd expect her to try to keep that factoid on the down-low, what with her father being the head of a criminal association, but apparently that didn't cross her mind.
This kind of attitude towards authority became both hilariously outrageous as well as pretty much lethal later on:
We needed a favour from Tiamat. THE Tiamat. The biggest, baddest dragon-goddess ever. A bunch of dragon zealots had summoned what was essentially a spectral image of her to talk to her, and Lube-Bu, our party face, had to talk to her. He was, of course, terrified considering that he was half metallic dragon, and Tiamat's main hatred is for metallic dragons.
Lube-Bu was incredibly lucky, however, and managed to convince Tiamat that their quarrel was nothing in comparison to the problems they both had in common. So far, everything was fine.
What Lube-Bu didn't know however was that Sarah had snuck into the room along with him. And that's when she started bad-mouthing TIAMAT.

Should have left out the fiance leaving part. Thats too unbelievable

She was saying shit like "What reason does a god have to demand worship anyways?" and bullshit like that. Bullshit that could get us not just killed, but instantly dispersed into hydrogen gas. You simply do not fuck with Tiamat. We were already in a minefield of possible horrors, and there was Laz, playing hopscotch on a pogo-stick. Tiamat had previously made it VERY clear that she could easily step through the spectral image to wreck shop, so our assholes were clenched so hard we were gonna shit wedding rings.
Our DM, however, seemed to forget for a moment that Tiamat was literally the evillest bitch to ever bitch a bitch out, and gave Lube-Bu a chance not to have us be vaporized. Tiamat says "Okay, dude, you're showing respect and that's cool, but you gotta get outta here because I'mma roast this cunt like a ham." Lube-Bu answered that he would love that, but Sarah is his party-member and he can't leave her to die. I would have left her to be calcined like limestone, but whatever.
That didn't stop Sarah from continuing her ranting, though. So, with little hesitation, Lube-Bu whipped out his mace and whacked her in the teeth with it. Sarah then has the gall to turn to him and give him a grinning wink, as if she was in on some kind of grand strategy. He told her to go fuck herself and ushered her out of the room.
Shortly after that the story with Seth the Corgi happened in another one of our sessions and Laz left.
If you're reading this, Laz, Sid Thunderhigh killed Lube-Bu's unborn baby and now Lube-Bu is going to blow your dad's arterial system out through his nose. Have fun with that mental image.

>"and Laz left."

>"Laz left."

We unanimously as a group decision told him to get fukt and get out of the Monday Game,
Then Seth happened, then the Thing game, then we just straight removed him from the game and a few months later he got his dog killed because he couldn't get it to obey him.

Yup, context for that comic is up at

>straight removed him from the game.

*Removed him from the group activities and such as a whole.

>nodding along
>nodding along
>good for being firm.
"And then he got his dog killed"
>O-oh.

Like, literally had his Shiba euthanized because it wasn't obeying him. I think that kinda cements his position as a bag of dicks.

I still think they should have sent the puppy to an adoption center instead of putting it down because him and his family couldn't be assed to train the puppy. The thing wasn't even fully grown. The puppy definitely would have been snagged up by somebody.

The worst That Guy our group ever saw has earned my eternal hatred. The first time we played with him, he ran a nine hours long session (it was supposed to be four hours, but we decided to forego sleep) that was without a doubt, the best fucking game I have ever experienced. Everybody loved it, and to this day, nothing else has come close.

But it quickly turned out that it was all a misunderstanding. All the NPCs we loved, he had intended to be unlikable, everything we thought was a funny joke had been said in complete seriousness, and essentially, everything had turned out that great by accident. He was also a gigantic furfag who just had to insert his furfaggotry into everything except that one, good session.

Fuck him for accidentally showing me a world I'll never reach again.

Is this some dank meme I missed? Ingame you are all that guys and irl you bitch about each other on Veeky Forums and also one of you killed his dog (?).
Kill yourselves asap.

Explain more.

No. Don't bring your inter-party drama to Veeky Forums. I hate it when it happens.

>Dumb nigga didn't read the posts.

Goodness, how do I summarize.

He made a low-level but memorable villain who was a total douchebag, and a massive hypocrite completely oblivious to his own mistakes. Everyone thought this was awesome and hilarious at first, but then it turned out this was pretty much just the GM being himself. I kind of had some minor misgivings when the villain just always had to have the last word, even if it weren't dramatically appropriate.

Whenever someone had a good or funny idea, he would incorporate it into the game, and it would turn out pretty good. Turns out he would incorporate retarded ideas as well, and he never *ever* changed his mind or went back on anything, no matter how poorly it turned out or how obviously retarded it was. Someone suggested our hero group should go to Egypt, and the GM said 'okay' before he realized it was a joke. Still wouldn't change his mind, and we were off to a shitty, off the cuff Egyptian adventure five minutes later, instead of staying in the fleshed out city we'd already come to like.

And his fucking lizard fetish. We let him into a few of our campaigns as a character, and each one of them was a lizard or a snake or some shit. Any civilization we ran into in his games other than the standard? Lizardmen, snake worshipers, etc, all of them.

And imagine what it was like trying to have a conversation with someone who never backs down from anything they've said, no matter how trivial or ill-informed, and even if it was originally a joke. He was a completely irredeemable piece of shit, and I'm glad to be rid of him.

damn I used to have the full story of John Cloud Raven saved but I don't anymore

>Doesn't read the post but tries to respond to the posts.

nice

No one ever truly leaves Veeky Forums
Although I bet he'll never click a That Guy thread again