What's your opinion on half-dragons in fantasy settings?

What's your opinion on half-dragons in fantasy settings?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/8HcGd#0
goblinpunch.blogspot.co.nz/search/label/dragons
static1.e621.net/data/ea/79/ea795b7f56d9c6211244a8c377eac491.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You already know the answer.

They're for campaigns that can't afford a whole dragon.

>go to find smut on cuteanons tumblr
>deleted

They're dumb and I hate them.

One is the primary mortal villain in one of my settings. He is not cute or cuddly, and he's more likely to literally watch your face melt than help you.

Personally, I prefer to use them sparingly in order to have dramatic effect. I wouldn't consider them to be a PC race by any means.

I wish the concept would be utterly obliterated from fantasy and recognized as the sick furry shit it is

Fur bait

Currently my character in a game we're playing.
I play him as a smarter "Chad" because it's amusing.

I have a couple of questions
Knowing you can't fuck a dragon I assume they can assume human form, right? therefore you fuck them in human (or humanoid) form and from that union you get a half dragon.

Now, if you fucked them in humanoid form why the children looks like half a dragon? should look like a human? even if it looks like half a dragon, should have the ability to assume humanoid form like its parent?

The half-dragon portrayal in the Monster Manual is stupid, IMO. Personally, I have half-dragons, rare as they are, look like their non-dragon parent while having some draconic features (patches of scales, unusual eyes, personality leanings, etc.)

Dragons in my setting are purely magic beings, similar to God from Mao Dante. They can use their energy to "infect" creatures with draconic powers. Bestial half-dragons always have their powers, but humanoid ones must transform into their "dragon form" to use them. I made it this way to avoid furfaggotry.

Spunk can't be polymorphed

The logic is that it's still dragon eggs and such, so it's still a dragon genome mixing with a human genome, hence the human with dragon attributes style.

As for assuming a more human form, typically the game is they either "Have no idea how to shapeshift" or they just can't

Shouldn't*
Thanks, phone

imgur.com/a/8HcGd#0

Gay as fuck shit that should have been forgotten.

Why do dragons always hoard gold? Can't they hoard other things sometimes?

I love them

Even if they take on a human form, they're still dragons, so the child gets dragonic blood.
And most dragons (in DnD at least) can't actually naturally assume humanoid form (i think either silver dragons or steel dragons were the only ones that automatically got it as a spell-like ability), they just tend to have innate affinity for magic and can thus learn a spell that lets them change their form. A half-dragon thus wouldn't have an innate ability to change their appearance, but would have a high chanse of being a sorcerer (as the most common surce of sorcerous ability is being dragonblooded), which would let them learn to cast spells, including ones that let them alter their appearance.

Gold is the only thing that will always have value.

But gold only has value as long as people THINK it has value.

And actually introducing all the gold in a dragon's hoard to the economy would crash the economy and thus make the gold valueless.

They don't and they do

Sauce on the image?

So are they placental if born by a humanoid mother and hatched from eggs if the mother is a dragon or what?
I know it's magic you don't have to explain shit but an egg couldn't possibly allow the development of a humanoid baby that can eventually reach the intelligence of a human (human babies are already born greatly underdeveloped compared to other primates because of the complexity of our brains).

In 3.5 there's a feat that lets any dragon type get the Change Shape ability to take humanoid form like golds/silvers do.

Some good stuff on mostly traditional dragons here:

goblinpunch.blogspot.co.nz/search/label/dragons

Because they also control human societies obsession with gold, and later control the gold standard.

That said, they also hoarde other things that amuse them.

That's how /feg/ decided it works a few months ago.
Mother is dragon? Egg
Mother is human? Live birth and placenta

static1.e621.net/data/ea/79/ea795b7f56d9c6211244a8c377eac491.jpg

More interesting when they're not just humanoid.

>Dragons are actually expert economists.
>They hoard gold so it gets more valuable.
>They are secretely behind most comerce guilds.
>Even if they are slain and retarded adventurers spend all their gold, they get a last 'Fuck you' when the entire realm economy colapses.

I always assumed half dragons come only from a male dragon female mortal union after polymorph.
The thought of a half dragon being "hatched" and then being raised by a fem dragon seems kind of weird.

Gold and magic items are some of the few things that can stand the test of time

A dragon can have library of rare books but eventually it's nothing but dust

Please elaborate.

2/10 would hurt to fuck

I figure male dragon/female human produces a human with a few dragon parts, while male human/female dragon produces a dragon with a few human parts.

But user, that's just a small dragon

Veeky Forums can't self insert into dragon male/human female couplings though. The human dick must conquer all

...The one thing they have in common is tits.

The mouth and nose are also the same and inoffensive.

is this the dragon version of this pic

Not necessarily.

They should be around 15-20 feet tall and unable to blend in at all in a town.

They shouldn't just be humanoids with scales and breath weapons.

That's only when giants or gods crossbreed with dragons

But user, why would a proud dragoness (especially an evil one) raise an abomination such as that?
I can't see a mortal raising it.