EDH/Commander General

Motorcycle Club edition

Old: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mrs-steal-yo-girl-2/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gahijis-unstoppable-dragon-army/
deckstats.net/deck-11512126-73a35ccbdac4e2b4fd0c1b95d0fb30c0.html
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ghaves-anatomy/
youtube.com/watch?v=YiS9Inm1oBs
youtube.com/watch?v=LoJwMI0pBsU
youtube.com/channel/UC-yewGHQbNFpDrGM0diZOLA
deckstats.net/deck-11513390-fdfbea56a372d9e247c1eef66d9cb7e6.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Your fucked up, OP.

Second for Boros will never be good

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mrs-steal-yo-girl-2/

What else is new

In what way?

Akiri is good right guys... artifacts...

>Expecting that the two most combat oriented colors will get a noncombat commander.

>tfw burying my opponents in virtual card advantage with faithless looting

Xrd for fucking with control players

Akiri is playable when paired up with silas

How's Dralnu?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gahijis-unstoppable-dragon-army/

Post some zur's lists

>tfw you decide to make a new EDH deck, and your typical style of making decks is to throw in everything you like and then cut it down
>tfw do this for Alesha, and end up with a 190 card main deck to cut down

I need help.

deckstats.net/deck-11512126-73a35ccbdac4e2b4fd0c1b95d0fb30c0.html

Okay, so I'm looking to build a third deck. Right now I have Niv- Mizzet and New Ezuri. My initial budget is whatever cards I already have + $100. So far, I was kicking around:

>Azami do shit and draw my deck
>Talrand SPELLSSPELLSSPELLS
>Yidris Storm
>Karlov value train

Or something else? Nothing really grabbing me right now, but I know I want another deck. Any thoughts or suggestions?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ghaves-anatomy/

any suggestions to cuts or adds?

kek

>Thats a nice equipment you have there. It'd be a shame if something happened to it...

>Body and Mind
Why'd they pick one of the worst ones?

Dude, you really do need help. I would scrap it and start over, and really, REALLY evaluate what each card does before I add it to the list. What does it do? What advantage does it provide? What do i think when I see it t2? T5? T10? It's a long process but it works.

Looks good. I have no idea what goes in Ghave, but it's fine? I guess?

Because spell is Blue and Sword of BnM is gives pro Blue?

So does F&I and it's arguably the best of the Mirran swords

HES GOT A SWORD!

youtube.com/watch?v=YiS9Inm1oBs

>Why'd they pick one of the worst ones?
Who picks which sword goes in the art?

You idiots, we've all got swords!

God I love this card but it's just way too situational to play it. You can equip your own expensive thing I guess but eh. If you're playing equipment you probably already have something to put it on.

It was one not chosen to be reprinted in modern masters. This represents the fact that the mirrans who had the swords were defeates and lost them. The two reprinted in modern masters never were captured by the phyrexians. Also since its body and mind the mirran who had the sword was likely making a tactical descision to weaken new phyrexia by taking out their big guns like ezuri, glissa and atraxa.

Best cutting process: assign everything to categories based on what it does, making up the categories based on what you need to do. Then cut the worst cards from each category until the list is sub-99.

Wotc. Back in the day the artists got card name and a quick description of what they wanted, which lead to some funny misunderstandings. Now they get a ten page document.

What are some cards you're adding to your decks you already have from C16? I didn't notice anything for Teferi Planeswalker, but i know I want to try Duelist's Heritage and Tymna in Karlov, and maybe Orzhov Advokist.

Design makes the card, Creative makes the art/name/flavor text and Development makes decisions regarding the set, blocks, and powerlevels.

So im gonna guess Design (MaRo's team) made the card but creative put SoBaM on it, with Development giving them the OK. A decision on which sword to depict was either made by Creative for arts sake (colors/concept) or by Development for marketing's sake (Its easy to distinguish/they want to save depicting the other swords for better cards). The people who design the card have almost no say in the outcome of the final product.

It should be "Cardgames on Motorcycles."

>Heartless Hidetsugu
Runehorn Hellkite
Frenzied Fugue
>Rubinia Soulsinger
Faerie Artisans
>Gonti LOL
Magus of the Will
>Queen Marchesa
Cruel Entertainment
maybe Duelist's Heritage
maybe Selfless Squire
maybe Frenzied Fugue
maybe Curse of Vengeance
>Karona
maybe Ash Barrens, but probably not

I forgot runehorn Hellkite. Almost definitely going in my Daretti. Probably fugue too.

>some funny misunderstandings

some example?

I'm sure someone else can explain the lemurs

It also resulted in Kamigawa's fun "oh but it doesn't have flying"

One time, they asked an artist for a drawing of a lightning bolt hitting a drake.

The artist sent back a image of lightning bolt hitting a drake, but drake as in a male duck.

And since nobody's offered to do the job for me:

In Ice Age they asked for lemures, which is a french type of ghost or something. The artist gave them a scary-looking lemur.

In Time Spiral, Norin the Wary made the same mistake.

I'm sure the massive documents they send artists nowadays are to prevent pic related kind of thing from happening again.

this is only really tangentially related to EDH but do you think this is a good design to put on top of a custom deck box? it would be engraved into wood, this is just a mockup

i'm not very artistic so this is all i could think of

need a recurrable sac outlet for atraxa. is evolutionary leap the best choice? i guess i'm looking for replacement effects or life gain with no drawbacks

His art is pretty neat though

Shame he's a fucking lunatic Nazi

It's kind of busy. Simple might be better.

Ditch the walker symbol

depends on what kind of saccing you need to do. i personally only use sac outlets that don't cost anything to use because a lot of my saccing is reactive on other people's turns while i'm tapped out (no, you can't exile all my dudes, i'm saccing them)

anyway, ashnod's altar, phyrexian altar, phyrexian tower are pretty much the best sac outlets.

>lifegain sac outlets

all the ones i know that do this are pretty bad and they cost mana to use. really, it's better to get lifegain some other way

i don't really know much about sac outlets outside monoblack and colorless though.

yeah i had trouble fitting the center symbol in so i might get rid of it. but i feel like there should be something in the middle. or maybe i should put in the guild symbols instead, but that would make it even busier

just a suggestion

yeah that could look good

the thing is that it looks busier than it really would be because of the line thickness in the mockup. in real life, they would look a lot more like pic related, a lot less busy

I had a karametra deck on Tappedout with ~240 cards at some point. I deleted it and said never again. A few weeks ago I pulled Karametra from a random pack. I can't figure out what to do with her.

You misspelled awesome

Enchantress

>fucking with control players
>doesn't have hexproof

So anyone have any tips for building him?
Other than the cards that will already be in the deck, that is.

If you dislike having friends, you could build Karametra with a lot of manadorks and boardwipes. You retain mana and search for tons more.

>caring about hexproof
Found the control player

But they wont want to cast non creature spells to avoid that entire 2 damage!

Yeah man, that was the point.

I hate to point it out, but the non-black commander is literally gay niggers.

Really, part of the reason they're workable is they have 8 toughness for four mana -- people are underestimating the fact that whatever threats they're giving your buds won't as likely be coming at you. So you can continue the theme of pillowfort with stuff like Protective Sphere, Fog Bank, Propaganda/Ghostly Prison, etc. Doesn't matter if they have resources if they're not coming at you.

This is only sort of what you asked for, but the art description included dwarves. The artist sent back goblins and WotC didn't have time to commission someone who could follow directions. Creative got snarky in the flavor text.

A popular youtuber actually just did a video about SJWs in MTG.
So it doesn't surprise me that there's some sort of political agenda, even if it's really not that big of a deal.
Why are people underestimating the fact that the enemies will attack each other rather than you (and then you clean up what's left)?
Isn't that the point of the strategy?
Or do people think you won't be able to take down the opponents that you helped? That seems kind of unlikely though.

They literally just don't look at their body, just their ability.

Even their ability alone would convince your opponents to keep you around.
I think those people are just being dumb.

Fellow Alesha player here.

1. Find all the creatures with power 2 or less. Keep the best ones with ETB abilities or cards that affect the board when they hit. Scrap the rest. Theros gods are useless, unless you have room for Iroas. Praetors aren't great.
2. If you have to, run maybe one planeswalker. They're clunky and Alesha mostly likes creatures. Creatures are great.
3. Seriously if it has more than 2 power it has to be really good to make the cut. Reveillark, Restoration Angel, Sun Titan, amazing cards.
4. Cut a lot of the combat enchantments. You will never need all of them, trust me.
5. I'm not a fan of mana rocks in this deck. Most of the creatures end up being very small but powerful, and this leaves you room for more dudes.
6. Your average CMC should probably be lower than 4. Not an expert but maybe that's a bit too high.

I'm not telling you how to build the deck but my Alesha deck has gone through changes over the years and the more creatures, the better, in my experience.

You could just draw into any number of combos ie. Kiki-mite while shutting down aggro with cards like Silent Arbiter and Stoic Angel.

>not taking out the group hug player first
>But I'm helping you!

Except no one will help you and you'll just pull agro because you're trying to get rid of other players' card draw and mana ramp.
That's like saying let's get the unemployed to vote libertarian so we can end the welfare state. It aint gunna happen.
That's the point of the strategy.

Group hug decks are literal cancer. They prolong an already long fucking game and either just let the combo player win, it or get pissy when you do anything to them.

For real, this group hug sharing is caring why are you attacking me when I'm giving you cards let's all ramp into oblivion bullshit needs to end. If you don't come to the table to win, then get the fuck out of my house.

how many wincons is too many wincons?

But group hug does come to the table to win.

TL;DR grouphug is gay, like the card. You people crying about sjws need to stfu this cards flavor is on point.

In EDH? 101

Oh yeah

If your opening hand is all 6-mana wincons, you should rethink.

How about Defender tribal in addition to the usual group hug?

Interesting.

Can't play Ghave or that tree that puts a guy at 13, so that's a dissapointment

There is his brother, the tree that puts you at 13. Use him and get a 0/40

Two trees are better than one

>Ghave
Whoops, meant Doran

CARD GAMES ON FREAKING MOTORCYCLES! YOU HAD ONE JOB OP AND YOU DONE FUCKED UP.

I'm sorry that was rude... but your post is shit. And so is mine.

>A popular youtuber actually just did a video about SJWs in MTG.
Link? it's fascinating to me that this is discussed in places that aren't here.

Is Hardened Scales worth a slot in decks with a lot of counters?

If you're putting counters on one at a time, then yes. Well, usually.

youtube.com/watch?v=LoJwMI0pBsU

This is his main channel though.
youtube.com/channel/UC-yewGHQbNFpDrGM0diZOLA

I think it was DesolatorMagic, who's actually a fucking idiot

Why haven't I seen a edit of that macro with "VERY fast tree running at incredible high speed"

Here again.
Took advice, here's the new look:

deckstats.net/deck-11513390-fdfbea56a372d9e247c1eef66d9cb7e6.html

I like that flavor text

>DesolatorMagic
I already follow that guy, he's great. I listen to his self-important masturbatory rants any time I start to forget why I don't go to events or stores to play.

Doran is one of my and probably many people's favorite legend. It's a knockout in every way.

He hates EDH

It's not a knockout in every way, doesn't feel very black, but it's definitely a knockout in flavor text, art, and as a rep for his treefolk tribe

>Group hug decks are literal cancer.
Group hugs that don't seek to win are cancer, those that seek to win are just another deck.

So who's planning on making a Patner deck? And if so who's your pair and why?

No way man. Worth it just to take things off at instant speed. You can make an instant blocker too.

My playgroup is WAY INTO equipment so this will always be relevant. Especially for all the hexproof/shroud-giving shit on generals

I'm going to try Ishai and Ludevic.
Just to see if I fucking can.

Ludevic looks alright, but Ishai? Why? He's terrible.