Warhammer 40,000 general

Eldars aren't the top army because I alwayscdefeat the new guy that use them in my gaming group edition.

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>yfw Carnac got BTFO with confirmation in White Dwarf and BoP fluff that SoS are still around in 40k

Eldar stopped being the top army when Genestealer Cults released.

Right now it's probably Dark Angels.

2016 ARMY POWER RANKINGS
S:
Battle Company
Librarius Conclave attached to fucking anything

A:
CWE
C:SM
GSC
Tau
Demons
Necrons
Pre-FAQ War Convo

B:
KDK
IK
SoB
Deathwatch
Post-FAQ War Convo
Corsairs as allies
'Freakshow' lists

C:
GK
IG
MT
Harlequins
Inq
BA
Corsairs solo
Skitarii/CM
R&H

D:
Tyranids
DKoK

F:
Orkz
CSM
Dark Eldar

>Right now it's probably Dark Angels.

Riptides should explode like a super-heavy walker (apocalyptic megablast) when they die.

When will Necrons get a Titan?

Nha man, you take The Purge to get an Ordnance Tyrant as your warlord so you can spam Wyverns, Quad Mortars and Rapier teams.
You bublewrap the whole thing in hordes of Plague zombies and you have one of the most obnoxious tarpit based army to deal with.

A standard 1500pts list shits out about 30 blast templates a turn and most of the army is T7 due to how weapon teams work. Enought to give any infantry based player PTSD.

'no'. They have compact failsafe super mega ultra safe reactors, it's in the fluff and they're brilliant and better than anything Imperial!

t. Carnac

Is there any place one could buy recast Death Korps of Krieg models from? Friend of mine wants some of their infantry and the prices on Forgeworld are pretty overcosted for what they are.

Z

>there is no option to put two guns on it's back like the old school Broadsides

Shit model.

And Necrons have superpowerful shit already. C'tan Shards and so on. Anything 'Titan' sized is pretty unfair. They'd need a new fluff written for it. They used to have those Epic video game controller shaped dildo things.

My guess is they'll get it for IA16 or something.

Try chinaman

What to plague zombie even run?

>pretty overcosted for what they are.

No such thing. Google "Free Market" and "Capitalism". Something is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. Furthermore, before you go

>b-b-ut it's just resin!!!

You need to remember

>Taxes
>Manufacturing
>Buying the Machines
>Training people to use machines
>Making moulds
>Designing moulds
>Designing model
>Importing costs
>different country taxes
>brick store staff wages
>brick store property tax

Etc. Etc. Etc. They're 'expensive'. They're a hobby. They're not 'overcosted'. You personally find them expensive, but a enthusiast website isn't selling to you.

Look up Yoyhammer. Everything you need right there.

Wasn't there a pocket-sized star used as mega-artillery?

They are Fearless, have a 4+FNP and cost 3ppm.

You want them to provide cover to your mortar teams and protect them from assault and drop pods.

Free market means i am free to say
>wow thats over costed
and take my business to recasters. Thats capitalism baby

t. butthurt marine player

But can yo get them AND ordanance tyrant?
Don't they require a separate guy with a seperate trait to be warlord

Both aren't taking NEW customers. This is due to overload of orders and fear of 'spies'. He's got like 3 emails as well. The ONLY way I know he accepts new orders if it's like $250+ orders.

Unless you get slapped with a fine for importing counterfeit goods.

That's perfectly fine, it isn't overcosted though. I did say you view them as 'expensive'. They're not overcosted, that doesn't happen.

>corsairs below BA

What the fuck am I looking at

They're in the same tier, or a higher one if used as Allies. How the fuck do you figure below.

Nope, your covenant and your devotion are two separate things.

You just have to take the Nurgle Covenant for your Ordnance Tyrant

You're misinformed, the Transcendant C'tan unit no longer exists anymore, and rather a unit with the same name marginally weaker than other C'tan has bein introduced to replace it.

Without updating the fluff. So you have a mass of C'tan shards no more powerful than individual ones. Whilst a nerf was absolutely in order, it has functionally been nerfed into nonexistance.

The only Necron Superheavies as of current are a better Monolith in the Obelisk, a more expensive version of that which doesn't justify the upgrade cost because it's extra gun has a random profile in the Tesseract Vault, and a horrendously pricy Skyfire gun in the Pylon.

And regardless, none of those are Titan scale.

Guys it is true that SoB/Adeptus Soritas are getting a codex soon?

I thought you put them in descending order, my fault. Doesn't really matter though, a decent corsairs list would fucking annihilate in C tier and pretty much everything in B tier.

Thus a new meme was born.

8th ED and a new sisters codex is coming out early next year, most likely at the same time.

Looks like, I wouldn't get my hopes so high tough.

Not confirmed of course but there are rumors that it's coming next year around 8th edition and theres a WarhammerTV video that explicitly teases "Plastic Sisters of Battle". They wouldn't do new figs for them without a new book.

>Librarius conclave highest tier

Yes because spending a third or more of your points on a handful of T4 characters just because you wanna fish for the handful of broken as shit Psyker powers doesn't leave you with gaping vulnerabilities and a lower model count, right?

God, tourneyfags are so myopic in their power builds they can't see basic list construction for the spammy trees.

>mfw BL got BTFO with burning of prospero completely ignoring their shit retcons

How is Slaanesh Daemons? I've got a bunch of Diaz daemonettes and Seekers sitting around. What other things would I need to support the Slaanesh stuff with?

Wait, what happened? Anything ignoring BL makes me happy.

>he thinks my government would/could do that
good one
Overcosted compared to GW stuff

My point was, anything Titan Scale would be so stupidly overpowered you'd either need to nerf it and break fluff via weaker weapons, or over price it.

I can't remember the name of that Epic Titan tier thing they had. Oberon or something... I can't remember. Would just about do it, but as I said, too powerful.

And why doesn't the Transcendent C'tan exist any more? There was the caged version and the uncaged version iirc.

As per usual. Ignore until we get leaks. It's pointless otherwise. You get your hopes up and then they're dashed.

They are alright. they have the 'a-million-low-Str-High-I-ws-attacks' thing, and with rending they arent terrible, they just lack defences

Yeah. Fuck BL in that regard.

Black Library editor got asked on whether SoS were around in 40k on their forum and they went "NO THEY'RE 100% NOT THERE STOP ASKING WE'RE IN CHARGE AND WE SAY NO". So GW BTFO them out with BoP.

At least that's what I assume.

Like I said, they disallowed the gargantuan creature, using the apocalpytic templates version, and replaced it with a statline that is basically indistinguishable in strength, arguably weaker, certainly blander than generic C'tan.

And again, I do think the old one needed severe nerfs, just not complete erasure from existing in stat form.

Laurie Goulding gets ignored again. How wonderful.

things got reverted to Collected Visions

Magnus got his warning out
Emps told him to fuck off and sent Russ to kill him

No ambiguous "bring him back for questioning", no "horus secretly changed the orders". Just "you fucked up, now you're going to die"

Would have had Bjorn there in name as well, if not for those meddling kids.

>mfw BL got BTFO with burning of prospero completely ignoring their shit retcons
Explain yourself

>Emps told him to fuck off and sent Russ to kill him
>No ambiguous "bring him back for questioning", no "horus secretly changed the orders". Just "you fucked up, now you're going to die"
This is not what happens in BoP, there was a developer interview less than a week ago where Phil Kelly *explicitly* states that Horus and Tzeentch fucked with the orders and turned it into the bloodbath it was and it was not the Emperor's intent.

>This is not what happens in BoP
straight up is, bro

Read the booklet brah

Oh wait. The other (original) user was talking about the retcon over the message.

BL Fluff: "Hey Russ, go capture Magnus and bring him back for me"
"Hey, Horus, this says Emps is going to capture Magnus, whaddya want to do?"
"Oh, change it to KILL MAGNUS instead"
"Oh, I got your message Dad, Russ will go kill for you"

And then there was death.

GW version: "Hey Russ, go kill Magnus for me"
"YIFF! Sure thing dad!" *wags tail*

No interception, no changed message.

See this.

Very fast, very killy, very fragile.

Pure Slaanesh is the weakest of all daemon armies because their only way to get around their lack of assault grenades is to force pinning tests before they charge.
They prey on low leadership so the armies with ld10/fearless harms them.

What do people think of a relatively friendly list I'm putting together for a local 1500 point campaign over the next few weeks? think I'm lacking some Anti Armor, but can't figure out where to jam it in.

I can't wait for FW to retcon everything again when they release their version!

Supposedly there was a company of Sons of Horus overseeing the burning of prospero.

And then Laurie will get mad that people think anything but BL is canon and throw another hissy fit about it.

Going to be good times.

>3rd Edition IA14

Why? What's in it? Decurions and Formations for Red Scorps, Inquisition and Nids? Also, I hope Red Scorps get proper relics, not those shitty Power Sword+1 crap.

That sounds fucking awful.
Why are people thinking that's a good thing?

Are you retarded?

Also isn't the guy currently leading the ITC with a SW and DA deathstar list?

I honestly hate Laurie. He is a totally fucknut who basically thinks he's in charge and keeps enforcing his shit canon when he should basically be following established fluff and expanding it. Not outright changing IMPORTANT events to fit his meme fucking vision.

I hope GW told him to shut the fuck up on BL's website over going "Hur dur SoS don't exist any more". Especially since Carnac, the eternal shitposter, latched onto it and shitposted with it. GW told Josh Reynolds to STFU as well. So I hope Laurie got it worse.

Oh and GW also retconned Blackmane's book which says Cadia's 'ground' as been 'lost'. Since Blackmane isn't on Cadia, he is on Fenris. The whole 13th GC return retconned the whole thing I believe.

Nope, its Matt Root with War Convo.

Because BL was basically stepping out of line enforcing it's preferred canon and GW didn't like it. It's changed from Emperor forgiving Magnus yet again (when he said he'd severely punish him if he tampered with warp again) to outright punishing him.

So now Horus just gets involved only to make sure 1K Sons turn to Chaos.

The ITC leader is currently a War Convo player, the Deathstar player is in 2nd by about 100 points

facebook
/WarhammerTVteam/ videos/ 273022946426024

Then they got some intern scrub to write the booklet and he fucked up. Here is the head lore guy for 40k directly contradicting that.

sorry m8, last published material disagrees

pls take your headcanon fanfiction elsewhere

> Hey guys we have this cool idea where we send out campaigns and the results of your battles mean something.

>We didn't like those results. We're retconning everything.

> Hey guys we have this cool idea where we send out campaigns and the results of your battles mean nothing.

Hey guys, i recently created my own Blood Angels successor, what do you think of them ?
they are named " Cruzificators" , the colors are primarily dark grey with red,bronze and silver as additional colours.
They have very high causality rates and they fall to the black rage far more often than other chapters, which is why the average marine is very young compared to other chapters.
They are very Reckless,hotheaded, they often overdo things and they are very zealous because they know that they dont have that much time in this life, so they try to do as much in the time they have. They would have lower causalities if they wouldn't act like that, but they never considered not being hotheaded kids. They are named Cruzificators because of they tend to nail captured(or already dead ) enemies to crosses whenever they conquer a planet. I plan to make a dreadnought who carries a cross with a cultist nailed to it.
Usually there are around 450 or less of them despite the fact that they have very high recruitment rate.Their Homeworld used to be a Hive/Shrine world until traitors tried to exterminate it. They failed, but now it is a deathworld where people fight in giant mechanic caves, eating mushrooms and fighting each other until they die because of the toxic dust in the air. They prefer close combat,mechanized assault and they favor terror tactics.
What do you think, am i to edgy with this or are they okay ?

>current year
>using jewbook
try again fuckstain

Different user, and I'm not saying you're wrong

But is it not possible that BoP might be straight up "Imperial Propaganda" in that regard, as post-heresy no one would want to admit that Horus played them all?

>headcanon fanfiction
Nice try, Carnac.

Calling words directly out of the mouth of the head background writer for GW "headcanon fanfiction" basically invalidates every argument you have ever made (not that you're raging mental disabilities didn't do that already).

BTFO
T
F
O

Most RECENT canon is the canon.

There is also a talk of Kelly mentioning there are lots of 'Eldar hybrids' in Commoraggh. So what? It isn't written anywhere else.

It doesn't matter who wrote it. It's the most recent canon, so it's the current canon until something changes it. Do you think there has to be 20 years before a retcon can be achieved?

Have you thought that the TV Team got it wrong due to having to try and remember so much different shit?

>being such a social reject you have no use for a throwaway fake-name FB account to coordinate and network
I guess I'm a fuckstain for not being a pathetic no-life NEET? lol

That has been GW's way. Were you not around for Storm of Chaos? GW retconned every single battle fought because Chaos kept losing. In the end they opened it up to a phone vote and the players basically called GW on their bullshit and voted for Chaos to lose.

That's why WHFB went on for another decade for no reason.

"Cruzificators" sounds a little too "bloodsecutioner"
Just call them "Crucifiers".
Which would also make a cool name for a special veteran squad.

>> Hey guys we have this cool idea where we send out campaigns and the results of your battles mean something.
>>We didn't like those results. We're retconning everything.
I'm pretty sure every time, EVERY time GW actually tries to abide by campaign results, the losers throw a hissy fit. I remember Storm of Chaos very well.

That isn't Carnac. He doesn't type like that. Do you even know who he is?

Latest material always trumps shit that comes before it. Don't like it? Call them on it.

>Most RECENT canon is the canon.
This video came out after the BoP set was already created and and all the material written, so technically that does make it the most recent canon.

>It doesn't matter who wrote it.
Oh, I see, you're just shitposting.

Hmm. Same as always then. And poking around it looks like Kairos is still the core of Competitive Daemon armies. That's a little disappointing. I suppose I could look into a Tzeentch/Slaanesh list.

>Free market
>Fines
I don't think you understand the concept of a free market, user.

Storm of Chaos was a clusterfuck of hilarity. To be fair, GW ended it fantastically. Grimgor headbutting Archaon to death after Valten got owned. Then Grimgor goes "IM DA BEST" and goes off to fight something else.

Then Valten got stabbed or some shit in bed. Long time ago.

While not a top tier army Infernal Tetrad can be really fun to play.

Carnac does type in fact like that, bruv. He mixes up the style from time to time probably hoping people don't realize it's him, but he tends to use the same word choice.

You have always needed to go more than mono God for a competitive list anyway.

Fuck off Carnac. It doesn't matter who wrote it. It's all 100% OFFICIAL GW MATERIAL.

Different guy, but is it worth it? I'm one Prince away from playing one, but I can always use my LoC as a Prince, too.

This is Carnac That's how he types. But you're probably right. He exists to shitpost and will switch to a new topic when he gets BTFO.

>Only reason why formations might be a good thing eventually.

Unless it BL, or WD, or in a codex because they are biased.

Crucifiers is so much better, why didnt i think of that ?
thanks for giving my chapter a name that is easier to spell

This.

No matter how much Laurie Goldberg hates it, that's how it works.

I hope FW retcons it again into the original version which was Russ convincing the Emperor to order the kill on Magnus.

Is reading all the books in the Horus Heresy main series good to get everything or should I track down the novellas, short stories and audio books too?

It is probably the most fun I have playing 40k because it is such a weird army. You just roll around a ball of butcher knives and beat stuff. Is tough to win most games because all you're really doing is blowing up shit on objectives but man its fun to punch stuff to death with them.

And recasts are counterfeit.

>Calling the guy who supports Phil Kelly's WoG over "lol any GW writer is canon" Carnac
Are you guys completely ass-backwards retarded?

>They are named Cruzificators because of they tend to nail captured(or already dead ) enemies to crosses whenever they conquer a planet.
That's... pretty good
But Cruzificators is actually a kind of dumb name. Needs work in my opinion
You could use "Crucifiers"
Crucifigere

Can't you just summon what you need for objectives?

>ITT: Newfags who aren't actually familiar with Carnac's arguments and think Carnac is any user who disagrees with them
Wew lad.

You can but more often than not you want to focus on buffs and debuffs to help turn yourself into more of a monster. Hitting a prince or two with a few biomancy buffs and hurtling into a SW/DA deathstar is amazing.

Also Psychic Shriek is really good.

Well fuck and I wrote bullshit for nothing
>You could use "Crucifiers"