Take notes, Plebstartes

Take notes, Plebstartes

Is that a force halberd with a built in bolter?

What with the short legs?

New Stormcast Eternal?

>Sigmarines come to 40k

And so the cycle is complete.

1: Why did so many Primarchs, as well as the Custodes, insist on wearing leather gloves over their power-gauntlets? Either they're geniuses and the armored palms of 40k armor don't have any grip, or their idiots and the gauntlets are made of gripsteel or some shit and they just threw leather over it for some reason.

2: How is their armor powered? Do they just get some kind of super-compact nuke reactor on account of being Custodes? You'd think that tech should have been made available to the Space Marines as well. Also how do those stabilizer-vents in the back of the armor work? A Space Marine needs very wide-set stabilizers to maintain balance, so what's their excuse?

I like Sigmarines

They aren't. The position of the force halberd bolter on the left guy conveniently hides enough of his legs to give the illusion of short legs. The butt armor on the guy on the right gives the impression that his torso starts at the bottom end, not the top.

Oh, the new Aun'shi model, nice.

>You'd think that tech should have been made available to the Space Marines as well.

The same reason why Space Marines don't come with giant bolter-halberds as well. Resources are not unlimited, you can't kit out every single soldier in your army with the best possible equipment. The Custodes were a small elite guard, not an army; it wouldn't be efficient to equip the Legions with gear on-par with their own.

>so what's their excuse?

They're probably just vents, rather than the zero-g stabilising jets mounted on a Power Armour's reactor. Space Marines needed to fight in any possible situation; Custodes were, again, just bodyguards.

>1: Why did so many Primarchs, as well as the Custodes, insist on wearing leather gloves over their power-gauntlets?
Aesthetics

>2: How is their armor powered?
It's small enough to be integral to the armor. You can see the exhaust ports on the Custodes' back, beneath the aquila's wings.

Yup. Custodes wield possibly the stupidest and most impractical weapons in the Imperium and maybe the setting.
I mean the polearm is fine. But then they strap their gun to the tip. You can't aim like that, you can't reload it, you can't use the polearm correctly any more even because of the explosive weighted shit at the end.

Never really understood it. Chain axes? Fine. Power klaws? Neat. But those? No. I guess they never seemed cool to me to negate the impractical side.

When viewed from the side they have a more hunchback appearance, it's more so built into the suit rather than being a backpack, still greatly smaller then the Marine version though.

Everyone's been wondering for over a decade what a Custode power armor reactor looks like and lo n' behold we finally have a back view of their armor.

>models look like art that has been around for years before AoS was even conceived
>lol custodes are just stormcasts
If anything the stormcasts took heavy inspiration from the custodes, not the other way around.

I'd assume they have targeting systems integrated into the polearms as well.
Just the same as dark reapers do and other units I don't care to remember.

The most reasonable rebuttal I can give to reloading is that they are mostly honor guard.
They don't fight too much and when they do it shouldn't be lasting for more than a clip.
>nice trips

I need Custodian Terminators with flamer lances in my life.

The force aspect kinda negates the issue of use, and it really just makes for a really big bayonet for a gun on a stick.

Was pointing the one showing his butt. If you see the proportion where his butt and his shoulder are looks like he has some short legs.

Anyway, also, how does recoil work with such a weapon?

who's dick do you have to suck to become a custodes terminator?
Cuz I'll suck that bitch.

The legs are a bit too short.

Or the arms are a bit too long.

Kitten, is that you?

I just.. I just wanted golden power armor hoplites with turbo bolter sidearms.
Still, I guess they're still sort of cool.

Bolter's themselves have very little to no recoil being that the projectiles are self propelling, adding the rest of the polearm onto the gun adds more weight which further decreases recoil.
>tl dr none

Good proportions

Also forgot to mention its in the hands of a superhuman with powered armored. Recoil isn't a consideration

ten foot long buffer tube.

oic. Yeah and superman shit.

Did custodes get a codex?

Uh, yes hey do. Bolts are two stage rounds, involving an initial kicker charge that sends them out of the barrel at supersonic or hypersonic speeds, depending on the round. That will have a lot of fucking kick.

Now make them shorter and fatter and remove the robes.

I know these are made for a giggle, but 40k uses heroic scale, so things won't look right if you compare it to life

The dopey expression really sells it.

'sup baby boo, just popping in to remind you you'll always be second best.

>Be Custodes
>Have one (ONE) - a singular - job
>Easiest in the galaxy as you just have to protect a guy who is practically immortal anyway
>Fail

>Sit around for a further thousand years honing your skills (actually just jacking it)
>Two alien clowns show up and kill dozens of you each

>Sit around for a further nine thousand years picking your bum
>A regular human sneaks past you into the Emperor's presence while you stand in a random sub-basement shooting at rats

Custodes are basically the least successful thing ever.

Seven elite mary sue named character Harlequins (who are second only to Pheonix Lords in terms of eldar combat) managed to kill 1-2 dozen Custodes before Beyreuth bitch slapped them

>only two intrusions over ten thousand years.

That's nearly as good as the guard you have over your virginity.

Now go bait some other board.

>*Positions behind you*
>'Nothing personal kid'

It's not a force weapon, it's a power weapon:

-Force Weapon = enhanced by psychic energy of the user

-Power Weapon = enhanced by built-in disruption shield

That's nothing to do with the Custodes though.
The rest of the Imperium is usually competent enough to shield the special ed Custard class from the cruel universe.

I thought it was new age of shitmar until I saw the bolter

Not as good as the original, but worth a smirk.

*personnel

>Emperor asks you to watch over his wayward son, Lorgar.
>Biggest heresy in the history of mankind goes on right under your nose

>Emperor asks you to go bring in Magnus
>Get raped by sorcerers

Suffering.

Retributors are better tbqh

So do they have recoil? Regardless their super human strength or anything GW can come up with (its a imaginary setting and they can always make an argument for anything to work), it does seem like if it has recoil the grip would be terrible if they have to take it from the pommel (where you see a gun handle).

Also, not taking into consideration what would do the bolter each time this guy swin his polearm.

Pls stahp

>Emperor asks you to go bring in Magnus
>bring in
About that..

How do the gun spears work?
In order to point the gun at someone, in front of them, the spear must be tucked under their arm.

It would look stupid.

Nah, look at the end of the shaft, there is a gun grip and closer to the middle there is the second grip. So basically you point the spear with the gun and shoot; which is my I'm curious about recoil, the whole weight and force of the weapon is on the point.

You point the entire spear, using your auto senses for precision aiming. You pull that classic "YOU, FOE, I CHALLENGE YOU!" pose with the spear, but you just shoot them with the bolter. The recoil sends the spear flying back, which you turn into a dramatic spin that ends with you tucking the spear back under your arm.

You do this for every shot. That's how pimp Custodes are.

Of course they have recoil. It's why normal humans can't use space marine bolters without potentially dislocating an arm.

>Genetically unstable psychopath that literally degenerates if it lives too long
>"Better"

Is there even a concrete canon stance on what Russ was sent to do? As near as I can find, the only point of agreement is that Russ was definitely sent to Prospero by the Emperor.

From everything that has been said, orders were, from the Emperor, "Go to Propero, crush the Thousand Sons, bring Magnus to me to be mad an example of".
Horus edited that to "All of the above, but kill Magnus".

Please, Magnus and Russ fans, regail us about how your respective idiots were in the right. We never tire of hearing this conversation in every HH thread.

Magnus fucked up for doing something that would get him b&hammered, and could see the legions were not above censure (missing legions, Word Bearers).
Russ, being straightforward and trusting, took Horus at his word, having no real reason not to.
People try to defend Magnus, but he dug his own fucking hole, seriously. What did he think would happen once the Emperor found out he was actively disobeying a direct order? The Word Bearers had their proudest monument ruined utterly for not warring FAST ENOUGH.

hey those guys are pretty badass
how can i be one of them

GW: Emperor sent him to kill magnus. That's why he gave russ the custodes and SoS

BL: Emperor sent him to bring magnus back because of reaasons. Horus then told Russ to kill Magnus because of other reasons. The Custodes and SoS don't question the change of orders despite them not coming from the Emperor because of further reasons.

FW: we won't know until inferno

The original GW fluff regarding Propero was that Russ was sent to bring in Magnus to answer for what he did, see Index Astartes.

index astartes: thousand sons
>The content of Magnus's warning was ignored completely. It is said the Emperor broke contact with such force that psychic wards throughout the Palace arced with lightning and shattered. At the Emperor's side stood Russ, quaking with barely-contained wrath at Magnus's actions. The Emperor turned to him, for he knew he could be counted upon to prosecute his next orders without restraint. He ordered the Space Wolves to be unleashed upon Magnus and the scholar-soldiers of Prospero

index astartes: space wolves
>As the flame-haired Primarch opened a psychic connection to the Emperor, the Emperor was aghast at the extent of the research Magnus had conducted into heretical and blasphemous arts. In the Emperor's eyes, the Thousand Sons had probed too deeply into mysteries better left alone, willingly walking into the lair of the beast. Magnus' explanations did not pacify the Emperor, and Russ' worst suspicions were confirmed. At Russ' insistence, the Emperor was persuaded that Magnus was the traitor, not Horus. Horrified, the Emperor commanded Russ to leave immediately for the Thousand Sons' home world. The Wolf-King mustered his Legions about him, and prepared once more to go to war.

It was called the sacking of prospero back then. The "bring him in" shit was added much later, and only in BL's series.

Keep bulking

and if we're delving into the history of it, here's the 2nd edition version of the story

Practicality was never a concern, only the rule of kewl

FW should be making these in Resin.

Index Astartes wasn't the original fluff, and an awful lot of it has been overridden by subsequent fluff. Best not to give it too much weight.

Did the E try to copy the armor design from the eldar, especially the helmet?

So we no longer believe that they are fighting a non-stop deamon incursion under the palace?

>but 40k uses heroic scale
And here is the problem, heroic scale is outdated shit.

The Emperor is sealing the breach and the Webway was closed off. They are not fighting anything.

>clip

>literally the thread's topic
That captain Thunder Warrior guy learned to fix their instability, and it's not like the Custodes and Muhreens aren't psychopaths either.

>At Russ' insistence, the Emperor was persuaded that Magnus was the traitor, not Horus.

Must've been hell of a bitch slap later on.

Daily / hourly confirmation of Russ, unironically, being the worst Primarch.

So Russ, now that it turns out Horus is the traitor, the Imperium aflame, Ferrus dead and dear Magnus who risked (and gave) everything to warn his dear Father about this, does your brash, childish and dare I say pathetic actions warrant any remorse on your part?

>HURR MUH FEELINGS MUH NO PYSKERS MUH JUSTIFICATION

I keep thinking they'd look better with a cape

Really not a fan of these guys. They should have gone tall and cloaked- instead they look like blingier, fatter spess mehreens.

Those proportions are weird even for 40k.

>>lol custodes are just stormcasts
Nope they looks much worse than Stormcast.

Yes, but still the mainstream of this hobby. And as long as the bigger companies that runs the show has it, it will probably stay that way.
I would find it hard to believe that GW (among others) would switch to realistic scale, and re-do their entire range of miniatures.

I bought ten of these off ebay for 60 dollars. Feels good, can't wait to paint them.

What the fuck are you dribbing about?
>Hey Magnus don't do this one thing or I'll set Russ on you
>Proceeds to do that exact thing, neigh possessed by a chaos god, spewing stuff about Horus, the favoured son, being a traitor
>Still think maybe theirs some hope for him
>Leman points out the obvious
>Set him on Magnus

>Somehow Russ is in the wrong

Well too bad retard, we actually got Custodes instead of your fanfiction stupidity.

Can't you just convert them?

Are you going to ignore that in the novel Russ tried to get Magnus to surrender peacefully because he couldn't bear the idea of killing his beloved brother? Russ begged Magnus (through what he thought was a psychic spy of Magnus) to surrender.

This was inspite of Horus's words. Russ did not want to kill Magnus.

>Abbadon
>arms

Shitcast derpternals are the worst thing ever shat out by GW, period.

I actually like those models...

Everyone likes Stormcasts.

>HURR MUH FEELINGS MUH NO PYSKERS MUH JUSTIFICATION
>In the Emperor's eyes, the Thousand Sons had probed too deeply into mysteries better left alone, willingly walking into the lair of the beast.
>Magnus' explanations did not pacify the Emperor
>Instead, the Emperor named Magnus's sorceries themselves as the viper. He judged Magnus's accusation of his brother Primarch heretical and his blatant deception evidence of the worst sort of oath breaking. Magnus's pursuit of forbidden knowledge was deemed tragic proof that he had fallen under the sway of the very powers the Emperor had warned him against. The Emperor's worst fears for the soul of his cyclopean son had been realised.

SHIT IT'S ALMOST LIKE WHEN YOU BUST INTO HIS HOUSE DRIPPING WITH CHAOS MOJO, HE KINDA THINKS YOU'RE NOT TRUSTWORTHY

GOOD FUCKIN' JOB DINGUS THE RED

>from the Emperor, "Go to Propero, crush the Thousand Sons, bring Magnus to me to be mad an example of".

Bollocks, Malcador scolded Valdor because of that, there were to bring Magnus to the Emperor to be reprimended, period. Russ being the usual cunt that he is, was just happy to accept HorusĀ“orders to destroy him without questioning.

Soooooooooo, Emps can actually die without fearing some demonic invasion of Terra?

Emperor was already in the Throne, Malcador and Dorn busy with the defence of Terra.
And after that Malcador died and Emps was stuck in the throne forever.
There was no one to bitch slap him later.

It's beyond human capability to feel anything but mindless rage for those models and the circumstances that led to their vreation, so stop lying.

Come on WHFBkid, AoS saved Fantasy.

Calm down fatso

I like hyperboles too

>Russ tried to get Magnus to surrender peacefully because he couldn't bear the idea of killing his beloved brother? Russ begged Magnus (through what he thought was a psychic spy of Magnus) to surrender.

Are you fucking kidding me? First thing they did when they arrived to Prospero was to level the fucking planet. Tizca survived because it had a force shield.

>Everyone is retarded
>Everyoje but me

So why are the super elite turbo-marines who are over 10,000 years old stuck on pointless guard duty on Terra?