Do you suppose the interior of the moon hollowed out would be better as a massive mega city or a small country?

Do you suppose the interior of the moon hollowed out would be better as a massive mega city or a small country?

Depending on how hollow you make the moon, you could end up with a very large country. The moon has a surface area comparable to any nation on earth.

Country. Definitely. The moon has a diameter of 2160 miles.

Unless you're only hollowing out a small portion of it.

Secret base of the prevailing religion's military branch

It should be big enough to support two levels at least. A top one where the "sun" is located in the middle and the lower levels similar to lower levels of Ivalice before you hit the sewer areas where the water is circulated and recycled and acts as a way for smugglers to come in via the surface.

The whole thing is maintained by a God Wizard who basically uses himself as a super battery to keep the whole thing running

>"sun"
>God Wizard
>uses himself as a super battery
Does that make him a sun god?

I guess, he's controlling the climate inside of the moon country and has a night and day cycle (The night being when he's asleep ).

The general population are not highly aware or knowledge of the world beyond the moon save for the few traders who are restricted to certain areas and only the Priesthood knows everything being the descendents of the original group that followed him there several hundred years prior.

The moon's diameter is close to the size of Australia, so it's easily a country.

Trouble is that hollowing out the moon will drastically change the overall mass, which will fuck with the tides something fierce and possibly destabilise its orbit.

>secret
Nigga it floats directly above the fucking capitol.

>massive mega city or a small country?

...What's the difference?

I suppose the important distinction being if you can support enough land to grow shit although I suppose it would be interesting to see if there wehre not any alternate means of "farming" in such conditions.

It's surface area is close to the size of Asia.

A megacity seems a lot more fun in my opinion. Especially if it's completely hollowed out.

Sounds like an Exalted of the Unconquered Sun is running this slice of creation.

Would Exalted even be able to support the idea I have in mind? Doesn't seem like there would be much in the way of room for magic based technology and what not but then my understanding of the setting comes vaguely from the various generals.

Hilarious user, the setting has so much fucking magitech in it you could bludgeon a primordial's component soul to death.

What would you like to know? I know approximately many things about Exalted.

That's to be expected.

Better questions:

What did you do with all the rock you removed to hollow out the Moon?

Where is the gravity coming from?

Is the entire thing pressurized with air? That seems kind of wasteful if you're not going to be using most of that volume.

If you're completely hollowing out the Moon except for a relatively thin shell beneath the outer surface, wouldn't it make more sense to just remove that thin shell from the surface and reassemble it into a hollow sphere? Exactly the same end result, but way less material you had to move.

Yeah, but anyone who mentions it get put up there too. It's the perfect ruse.

>What did you do with all the rock you removed to hollow out the Moon?
Build another Moon

That was such a good game.

This.

I liked the interior idea of this game, but it was never in any way reflected in the actual gamespace you moved around in and saw. SMT3 was like a graveyard of good ideas

And trying to step inside gets you murdered

Besides, every moonbase is a secret moonbase. It's a rule or something

>build a second moon
>hollow it out and build another megacity
>build a third moon with the hollowed out innards of the second moon
>repeat ad nauseum
>Earth ringed by a series of increasingly small moons

>Where is the gravity coming from?
You speed up its rotation and let everyone walk around on the surface of the shell. SCIENCE!

>last one is just a really cozy apartment

A three-layered matrioskha world: the upper shell has several hundred restored earthen biomes; the second is a country in which titanic buildings go as high as to connect with the upper shell; the core one is not so much a megacity as the support machinery, black hole nest and the morlock civilization which maintains it.

>tfw you'll never have your own apartment that's a hallowed out moon

You'd need to limit living space to a cylinder tucked inside the moon, since otherwise you'd only have normal gravity around the equator.

The moon's surface is equal to about 2/3rds of the land mass on earth.