/anrg/ - Android Netrunner General

>Question of the day
Nobody is daring enough to play a The Noble Path + The Emptied Mind deck. How do we change that?

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Android Netrunner Official FFG News & Spoilers:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/95/7a/957a59a2-5fe6-4961-96fa-47560f337346/adn_faq_v31.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>NAPD Most Wanted List
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/c4/16/c41672be-a776-443a-8e35-49a3f581f603/adn_tournament_regulations_v113_text_version.pdf

>Netrunner Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net
github.com/shyndman/ono-sendai (You’ll need to build it yourself)

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-deck-builder (not recommended)

>Articles and Blogs:
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
eriktwicereviews.com/tag/netrunner/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/
netreadyeyes.wordpress.com

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Try "Why I run", great for prospective Runners looking for a hands-on demo on how Running works (replace the spaces by dots):
www nagnazul com/whyirun/whyirun.html

Play netrunner online (replace the spaces by dots):
Jinteki net

Check out user's amazing work at 1d4chan!
1d4chan.org/wiki/Android:_Netrunner

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/a/2eEP2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want to play Netrunner but all I seem to do is collect the cards.

Any chance of an official online game?

Nothing official, but Jinteki net is probably as good as it can get.

damn

>Nothing official, but Jinteki net is probably as good as it can get.

Magic has a video game version.

Netrunner could pull in so many players with a computer game that lets you play online.

MTGO is dead af, but magic duels sells ok.

It took 9 years for WotC to make an official Magic multiplayer game. 9 years. And by then they already had 1000 times the playerbase Netrunner have right now.
And the game SUCKED.

They left the idea until 7 years later with Duels of the Planeswalkers, where they polished the game to be playable for new players. And then they kept developing and producing new expansions for it.
Then they polished the game and changed the business model to produce a free to play heir to Duel of the Planeswalker, the actual Magic Duels. This was back in 2014.

The amount of investment required for all this is way beyond FFG capabilities. Not to mention, if they tried to make something it would just be a REALLY bad implementation of what we have already in Jinteki net. And above all, it definitely wouldn't be f2p, reducing further its pull of new players.

>what we have already in Jinteki net

The voice of reason. Thank you.

How easy is Jinteki to use for players who don't know how to play with the cards?

Apparently pretty easy. Once you manage to enter a game you are given the options you can take, same when you play a card from hand, while on the side you can manually change any misplay.

>they polished the game
>Magic Duels
I have to disagree here

I am packing for Worlds and was hoping people can take a quick look at my decks.

Any advice for last moment changes?

Cybernetics Division: Humanity Upgraded

Agenda (9)
3x Advanced Concept Hopper
3x Mandatory Upgrades
3x Project Vitruvius

Asset (9)
1x Aggressive Secretary
3x Cerebral Overwriter
2x Cybernetics Court
2x Jackson Howard ●●
1x Ronin ●●●●

Upgrade (3)
3x Corporate Troubleshooter

Operation (9)
3x Back Channels ●●●
3x Hedge Fund
3x Mushin No Shin ●●●●● ●

Barrier (3)
1x Heimdall 2.0
2x Markus 1.0

Code Gate (4)
2x Ravana 1.0
2x Viktor 1.0

Sentry (3)
1x Brainstorm
1x Ichi 1.0
1x Janus 1.0

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
40 cards (min 40)
Cards up to The Liberated Mind

Valencia Estevez: The Angel of Cayambe

Event (24)
1x Amped Up
3x Blackmail
3x Déjà Vu
3x Dirty Laundry
2x I've Had Worse
3x Inject
3x Queen's Gambit
2x Rumor Mill
3x Sure Gamble
1x Wanton Destruction

Hardware (6)
3x Clone Chip ●●●●● ●
3x Vigil

Resource (7)
3x DDoS
1x Hades Shard ●
3x Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (3)
3x Eater

Program (10)
2x D4v1d
2x Datasucker
3x Keyhole
3x Parasite

7 influence spent (max 15-8=7, available 0)
50 cards (min 50)
Cards up to Blood Money

Quick look:
Low econ, love the brainstorm.

I've seen worse. I'd add at least a single Spooned for the Lotus Field. Beware that the field is going to be full of high code gates this time, so parasite is going to be slower. D4v1d+Spooned ftw.

Almost never have econ issues as I rarely rez ICE unless I 100% have too or I am sure to gain something from it. If I hit a single good Back Channels I am set for the rest of the game most the time.

Spooned is not a bad idea. I tend to avoid letting ICE get rezed on remotes and if an annoying ICE gets rezed on a central I switch targets.
I might be able to drop the Amped Up for it.

>Nobody is daring enough to play a The Noble Path + The Emptied Mind deck.

Talk for yourself! To me the issue is more being faced with something that makes it worthwhile. Doesn't happen nearly enough to justify it.

So what shitty cheese deck is Dan going to RNG win worlds with this year?

Certainly doing damage mid run is rare in glaciers, FA and Scorched/Boom decks. Which makes The Noble Path kind of pointless in most matches.

Clearly this is a job for Guru Davinder.

Agree with , low econ for someone packing Brainstorm, Heimdall 2.0 and Janus, and presumably wanting to Troubleshoot one or more of those

Cybernetics Court is cool, but I can't see what it brings you really

I'd look at the ice and lower costs a little, and look to add more econ - Green-Level, or perhaps Lateral Growth.

Idk, maybe drop the ronin/agg.sec for 2 junebugs and get GFIs in the agenda mix? Combos with channels at least if they don't run said junebug.

Also, while brainstorm sounds nice, I've never actually made it work. Maybe go for Fairchilds instead? They combo with Ravana at least, and Janus can be Vikram?

If you are doing the Battle of Wits thing, might as well drop the troubleshooters for a bit more econ for the ice.

But then it's a mostly a Noble's Path issue; The Emptied Mind I've actually liked as support in that Full Cyber+Heartbeat deck. Can afford to stay low card as the corp is not going to kill me as long as I have sufficient board state, and in the case I'm going tag-me, if the corp wants to trash it, I'm still winning on the transaction.

What other card games do you Netrunners play?

Ophidian?

V:TES
AKA the game the FFG wanted to buy instead of L5R but CCP is greedy as fuck.

>V:TES
Nice.

Did you buy the cards upon release or used many years later?

I have been playing since release. my collection is at least 10 copies of all printed cards (outside those new awful fan sets).

Love the game and teach it to new people all the game. It is about the perfect multi-player constructed deck game.

How much does full set goes for nowadays?

Always loved that game, but the CCG aspect really killed it for me.

If you are buying from a old player looking to exit then it is not that bad. $300-500~
Full set is hard to lock down tho since there are no card limits in decks. There are some Tier 2~ decks with 25-30 copies of the same card in it.

The community is very small and dying daily so people are looking to exit.

Since Noble Path only has 3 uses, it doesn't really seem like a good combo with Emptied Mind. Both of them look more like support cards than something to build a deck around though, the Noble Path because single use event, the Emptied Mind because it's pretty difficult to fire. You could probably do a high octane Stimhack + Amped Up brain damage deck with both of them though.

Plenty of other non-LCG/TCG card games, looking forward to Arkham Horror LCG coming out soon, hopefully at the same time as Intervention so I can get both.

It would be most unfortunate for poor Smoke (and that HB ID) if her datapack is released on the same period as Worlds.

I can see FFG selling both the datapack and the AH:LCG during Worlds honestly, unless they don't normally sell stuff during that event.

Also
>poor Smoke

Well, she does seem like a good contender for winning Worlds after all.

I live near Roseville MN where the FFG office is.

Some day I'll wander over there and learn to play.

A lot cheaper than I, expected. Thanks for the answer.

40 cards not 44? If you're worried about getting through the deck quickly the Clearances are pretty good for that. How does 10 ice fair actually? Seems scary against Keyhole/Siphon decks. Other than that I agree with for GFIs and Junebugs, 8 agendas can be pretty hard to score provided you can score one or two. If Mandatory Upgrades doesn't fire enough, you could swap it for less tempo loss agendas, though getting one Mushined through would be pretty good.

Seems like you'll have trouble if they get ice rezzed somehow if you're banking entirely on DDoS + Blackmail, since Eater doesn't let you access. What's the plan?

Wonder what would make a good spoopy deck for Halloween. Apex + Ghost Runner I guess? With Net Mercur could be decent.

Stealth APEX could work, but all the infrastructure for it can easily eat up most of its influence before anything else.

And dropping a channel for a third Jackson is probably a good idea as well. That and squeezing in archived memories to recycle mushins.

Something with Faust maybe?

I don't know what you could do for corp though - scary HB perhaps.

I'd say Weyland also have spoopy ice - creepy shadows, bugs, spiderwebs, but a lot of it isn't very good - pic related, the best one isn't even spoopy. And the fear of dying I guess

Will-o'-the-Wisp and most things that trash programs are pretty scary - even if you do need a mad scientist (Batty) to get them to work most of the time

Why HB with extra creepy Zeds of course, and general horrifying brain-damaging stuff.

>extra creepy Zeds
Yeah.

Ichi is named after a horror film too.

Creepy cybernetics HB, maybe with things "coming back from the dead" via archived memories

Actually that could be neat, maybe a Valencia deck trying to do some Investigative Journalism, but she meets some horrifying stuff and has to survive the sanity loss (brain damage) to win.

Yeah, I'd play that.

>Reports of defective brainchips and cybernetics have begun to circulate, Valencia travels up to San San to investigate.
>What exactly are they doing behind those big durasteel gates? What about the rumours of black ice and sysops a few chips short of a rig?

Would be funny if there was another co-op LCG using Android Netrunner rinstead of Arkham.

Those poor runners facing horrible corp monstrosities, and suffering meat and net and brain damage all day for fancy loots.

How successful could a "pseudo-horizontal" build be? Specifically, one where you have a bunch of remote servers, and one really cheap piece of ice in front of each one?

(especially if "cheap" is relative, since I'd have to spend clicks and credits advancing shit).

For one you'd need enough ice to waste on protecting remotes that you're not using for protecting centrals. Next you'd need enough assets to make the investment of the ice worth it, especially since they'll be trashing stuff from RnD relatively easily. Then you need econ for funding all those single use ice in remotes you may or may not be using.

Looks difficult, at the very least definitely not in BoN. The extra 1-2 credit tax for trashing isn't all that terrible I'd say. Better to have the usual two remotes (scoring and utility) than to have several, atleast you can use the.scoring server to bait runs. If there's a cheap piece of ice that's always 3-4 to break though, it might work, but if you're banking on the runner trashing stuff anyway, why build more than 2 maybe 3 protected remotes when you can reuse those instead?

I just go ahead and assume Hass-Bioroid's tech is based largely on failed attempts to create "rescue simulations" of people who cryogenically froze their brains in the late 20th and early 21st century.

Project Wotan could be a wealthy and very old shareholder trying to get that technology to finally work as intended.

ADAM player here, ask me anything

1) So now that you have a fourth Directive, which one do you leave off the table at game start?
2) Which Directives, if any, do you put spares of in your deck?

m.imgur.com/a/2eEP2

Intervention spoilers ahoy!

Depends on the matchup. Vs Jinteki and CTM, drop NAT because you don't want to multiacces vs red and you don't want to be forced into trashing pads vs yellow. Vs Weyland, drop ST because you don't want to die to a single scorch. Vs HB, the safe option is to drop safety first but you might drop find the truth depending on your opening hand. If you're 100% sure you're playing vs classic Glacier, you can drop ABR since most of their ICE will be bioroids and you can break those with clicks anyway, but I don't recommend it unless you're 100% sure of their decklist because if it ends up being jammy / fast HB they score out behind a vanilla and you lose.

1x NAT, because if it gets to the late game vs CTM you really want the multi access.

Holy shit this pack.

>rescue simulations
Dixie Flatline style?

Wotan I think is the guy - some sort of old-ass genius - who's providing the brain that's taped to produce the ice Wotan

I just lost to a cool deck using Bug - admittedly I'm using my spoopy deck, which is hot garbage - if you're rich enough it's pretty cool

Unf.

Yeah, I like this pack, goddamn.

Some notes
Top Hat looks brutal, holy shit. Though do you just pick a random one, or get to look first?
Best Defence doesn't actually need a tag
Chief Slee doesn't say "this server"

Loving Bulwark, now THERE is some Weyland ice

>top hat
the card doesn't say "look" or "reveal". It just lets you pick the first, second, third, fourth or fifth from the top.

>Bulwark
I like the ICE, but it's shit. It's not even the best barrer in the pack, lmao.

Guess it would be OP if you can look at 5 cards just like that.

how

ard

Yeah, I just realised it's not "look"

Data Ward is bullshit, but it's also positional bullshit.
Bulwark is fine on a general level though - it's not even a Destroyer.

Other NBN one's pretty annoyingly BS too, but they both just say "don't get tagged faggot"

Why the fuck can't you prevent the meat damage?

Data Ward is a good facecheck, and brutal behind a tagging ice like Gutenberg or Data Raven. It's like Pachinko, but it can do stuff on its own.

because being the best is part of NBN's color pie :^)

Because fuck you, that's why.

Annoyingly there is NBN precedent.

I think thematically it's because in these cases what's doing the damage (exploding runner hardware exploding NBN drones) is already there, unlike the other meat, where they have to find them and get to them - these fucking NBN ones just have to find them I guess.

Really it's because Lukas clearly has Damon's balls in vice over NBN staying far better than Weyland

>Cheif Slee + Tour Guide Gagarin
Is this a dumb idea?

More conventionally, seems like she'd be good early with stuff like Hive

Not sure about Relocation, but the Yakuza guy seems pretty cool.

>m.imgur.com/a/2eEP2
>Best Defense
My tagstorm deck is hard as a rock.

It's been so long since I read that book, all I remember is Case going into cardiac arrest and that obnoxious guy with the holographic projectors.

Reina! That card's going to be something with DDoS Blackmail decks, maybe with the bird suite too. Trashing 9 cards to install 1 program for a 2 credit discount using Frantic Coding is kinda bad.

Saker isn't completely terrible, serviceable with Datasucker. Might consider it if I need the influence from Paperclip. The Gauntlet is underwhelming, multi-access is great and all, but that's not always a good thing. I hope it gets support or something, like draw per access. Oh wait, we already have that console.

Top Hat looks fun, would be great to just name a few numbers and pull the agendas out like magic. They're really getting spiffy with these alternative multi-access tools with Data Breach, Equivocation, and Top Hat.

We get Jinteki's Jackson replacement, looks ok. The trash is hilarious, so is Fumiko's meat damage.

In front of a Data Raven, Data Ward is monstrous. It bothers me that it doesn't have less strength. Drone Screen is weird, I guess they're really teching against the tag-me decks huh. Non-unique too. Fucking NBN.

So one thing I'm getting from Chief Slee is that the errata'd BoN will indeed fire when the runner faceplants ETR ice, because there's no way she would work otherwise if you need to rely on non-ETR ice to charge her up. She'd probably fit in great with Gagarin.

I have mixed feelings for Bulwark. On one hand, program trashing barriers! On the other, Nero. I guess the 10 to rez hurts bad enough that you can play around it. Now that we have multiple ETR subs with effects, I wonder if the second credit gain ETR will fire. I think I wouldn't mind the BP and tempo hit from rezzing it in an AI heavy meta, otherwise it's pretty eh.

Some of the cards you trash are clearly meant to be Paperclip and Orchestra, and maybe stuff like Fear The Masses

You need Fear the Masses in your grip though. Guessing you mean the other two 6 copy events? Wouldn't be surprised if we get more install from the heap stuff to make Frantic Coding worth it.

Did you mean a Ghost Runner, mind-copy type thing when you said rescue simulation?

I did yeah.

How does Nero help?

OK, no one said it yet so I will, Chief Slee is a valid Helium3 target:

I squeed at that Reina card.

I don't even have an issue with The Gauntlet proper, I'm just mad not only it's not making the Raptors better, to a point it's even counter-synergistic (well, I guess if the corp doesn re-rez those ICE to prvent HQ access you're winning...).

I'm saddened Government Investigation is so silver-bullet-y.

Fumiko is yum. Those scorched Nisei decks are going to like it.

>How does Nero help?
More that it makes him even more irrelevant. But you can play around Bulwark thanks to the 10 rez, so there's that.

A single card doesn't turn push him to irrelevant, even less when Bulwark got so many defects:
>Illicit
>Expensive
>The Runner chooses
>The first ETR doesn't let you trigger the second 2c.

I think I rather pick Hadrian Wall (advanceable, BoN target) and install Burke Bugs in front!

>The Runner chooses
Man, I didn't even notice that

Ok, irrelevant might've been a strong word to use. But Bulwark and the recent code gates do mean that you need to be slightly (though perhaps trivially, if you consider the number of sentries vs dangerous code gates) more careful with face checking, since you can't just bank on Nero's ability to save you from Destroyer Sentries. That in turn means you either need to include some recursion, or include multiple copies for back up, which eats up influence if you're importing.

Come to think of it that might be why I'm oddly satisfied with the bird suite, they're decent enough that you could run 3-ofs of all of them and do just fine without recursion or importing out of faction breakers.

>or importing out of faction breakers.
FINALLY, right? It only took 6 cycles to reach this point.

What's your breaker suite?

How are we keeping Chief Slee alive long enough to do 5 meat damage?

Heavy protection, though I suspect she'll be best in the early game, so speed will be a factor too.

Except for asset spam Gagarin - one thing I do note is that she doesn't trash - if somehow she's allowed to build up counters she can drop 10 or more meat damage no problem - so a 10 sub tour guide double-loads her

Hide her behind a 5-sub Hive or a Tour Guide if you Gargarin and hope they face plant into either.

That's certainly funny.

You rez them both at the same time, right?

Going to be fun, and basically any high-sub gets better.

Most trolling ice to use would a big Ireress - it wouldn't be good particularly, but oh so funny

I love playing 2 Ireress together with 5-6 bp. 0 rez, 6 tax. Only problem is Yog.

IG-49, some degenerate but reliable shit that everyone only just forgot about, then will be hailed as the second coming by plebbit for 'original thinking' and 'vintage' deck design.

Honesty, i'm astonished you are still alive when the runner has so much bad pub to play with.

Thing I like about Chief Slee is how she interacts with bypass.

Past the fan-reaction to the art, really wondering about En Passant. One more ICE destruction card. Not even going DDOS (with which I'm not even sure it'd be played, I gather people would rather have another free run than take the risk of the corp installing another ICE on following turn), this + Run Amok puts the corp in a weird situation.

Best Defense allow to trash zero cost car automatically I gather? Fun times.

Doesn't make that much a difference in some decks (generally rush): no assets, ICE is meant to be pure binary gear-check -- hell Baillif was specifically created for that kind of deck.

Pic related and similar exist, but yeah, the general gist is that you can wipe off anything 0 cost at will

Talking of Baillif, I wonder why they didn't go the same rout for Bullwark instead of the awkward via subroutine gain.

On credit per subroutine broken wouldn't have been terribly unfair, at first sight.

Before I forget yet again: I smirked like an idiot, well played.

Fear the Masses, probably not, Exclusive Party or From the Ashes? Now we're talking. I'm thinking this in an AI focus deck with back up support could be a pain for the corp. You just want to be up and running from the start and don't mind the waste (and/or worked to minimize it). Or you know, just getting that Keyhole operational click-one for that unprotected R&D...

Really don't, really don't know what to make of Hasty Relocation. Most people aroud me think it bad, I wouldn't mind it so much myself if Heritage Committee hadn't been released so close to it.

While I think I understand the balance reason that makes it so, Unpreventable on Drone Screen kinda rubs me the wrong way.

Why isn't Drone Screen green?

Why do I feel like Slee will be impossible to fire?

Why do I want to make a deck with only "When encountered" ICE?

Why am I still playing Weyland?

Am I the only one liking Chief Slee in all her glorious Weyland over-the-top heavy-weighting?

Saw this on reddit.

Why does FFG love NBN so much? Data Ward is absurd. Do they not understand how easy it is to get tagged in this meta? Do they not remember that Data Raven exists? The worst part is that they put this in a pack next to another 8-strength ICE that costs 4 more credits and is Illicit.
I like NBN's theme that their ICE is conditionally good, but when that condition is "the runner having a single tag" it's basically always good.
Data Ward would be an OP card even without the encounter ability.
Drone Screen should also be a Weyland card.
-----
Speculatively, I think it might be intentional. They design a Corp faction that is clearly "the strongest" and then balance all their runner cards against it. That way, there's little chance they get into a situation were unknowingly one of the other corps becomes much, much better than expected (thereby throwing the runner/Corp balance of the game off). Indeed, looking back at the IG/HotTub days we see what kind of bullshit happens when they print cards that let the other Corps do broken stuff.
There's also an argument to be made that it's best to have a metagame pillar around which everything else revolves. If all runners are teching against NBN, then there comes a point where it is actually kinda bad to play NBN if you want to actually win a long tournament.
Not that I agree with the evident lopsidedness of the design here, but just trying to play Devil's advocate.

>why Weyland

Because you like pain and suffering?

Just to note, Power Shutdown also lets you trash 0 cost cards, though the Runner chooses with that card.

>Why do I feel like Slee will be impossible to fire?
That might not be the case, there's definitely a few ice where usually the Runner would rather just ignore instead of breaking. Tracers (Burke Bugs!), credit gain subs, "unless the Runner pays X" or "the Runner must pay X" subs, traps, non-damaging sentries, situational subs (like Enforcer 1.0's "Trash all virtual resources", Hourglass), etc.

The problem is actually getting her to live long enough that the Runner runs through enough ice to charge her up. But if you're diverting that much effort to keeping her alive, then why aren't you scoring agendas?

And since nobody mentioned it, no tag meat damage! I'm also wondering if you can do a single turn 10 damage using a Helium-3 Deposit (heh) and Media Blitz combo.

Eh, thematically speaking it would make sense due to SYNC(?) being the second internet, but that seems unlikely. I think the reason why NBN is often very strong is due to how binary the effect of getting tagged is; the runner is usually in a state of fucked vs not-fucked. Given NBN's the tagging faction, it's understandable why they seem to get strong cards.

What's weird is that NBN just can't seem to stop infringing on the other factions' color pie; money, trashing, meat damage, certain ice being strong, all stuff that you'd associate with other factions, they can do just as well (sometimes better), in addition to their in-faction tricks of tagging, on-encounter effects, and fast advance shenanigans. If they were stricter with enforcing the color pie on NBN the way they are with Weyland and Criminal, or atleast keep the infringing cards weak (5 strength Data Ward), players wouldn't be as salty at NBN.

Maybe things will change when certain cards rotate out. Hopefully.

It will be all fixed when we get Core 2.0 on Friday.

Chief Slee seems like her real purpose is punishing players for running on the last click.

More like v1.5, since technically most of the mechanics aren't going to get changed anyway.

They don't have to pass or fire the subroutines for Slee to grow. They can slam into a full Hive or 10+ Tour Guide and just end the run. Slee gains 5+ counters.

Yes, but you typically only run into an ETR once. Stuff like trace subs with high link, or program trashing subs with no programs? Runners would usually just ignore those and let them fire pretty often, which can help charge Slee up. I doubt she will last too long once she's rezzed though, so instant power counters like the ones you mention is probably her best use.

Nah, I like her.
Cheap, tagless (as points out) meat damage is pretty nice. I think it won't be easy-easy to get her to fire, but I reckon it'll be possible.

Also, she's a big fuck you to bypass, of any sort, which is nice.

I think she most shines early game and with anti-program stuff though - she's the amazing for anti-facecheck, and a great way of saying "go get your breakers"

To look at it thematically, yeah NBN is strong because their focus is information - it's their bread and butter, even if they don't really do the higher order AI stuff.
They have an absolute ton of knowledge, and that's power, so with that and their focus on tags that's fine.
SYNC is in charge of maintaining the Network infrastructure, and is presumably paid a hell of a lot to do so.

But yeah, the fact that they more than anyone else borrow from other factions, or just that "their" mechanics seem good - on-encounter ice vs advancable ice, for example.

I'm thinking Slee's going to be really tricky, but she has the potential to be a big fuck you in rush.

She hurts gear/face-check and bypass. All it takes is one face-check against a hive to supercharge her up. And she can become a priority target fast in that context.

The difficulty is going to be the remote juggling and the balancing act between early and end game. I'm liking that we got Liquidation and maybe Stock Buy-Back in the same cycle on that front.

I like that the jank is writing itself, with Data Ward netting you 4 Slee counters if the runner gets through because no tag...

On that font, I'm thinking the Dataward/Bulwark balance is better than people might give credit. The worse for me about Bullwark is that after all this waiting for an AI-sensitive effect in Weyland, what we get is more money... because when you're being hit hard by an AI abusing runner, money is generally your most pressing issue, right (well, it might become it if you rez that thing)? But then I think the ICE itself is solid (no pun intended). Non AP program-trashing barrier (even if the runner chooses) that gives you money? High Str? Honest for the cost - though for that BP I think allowing the corp to chose wouldn't have been too much.

Dataward is a 6 cost barrier that taxes three credits (and even then Hunting Grounds) and is porous to a naked runner until further positional play (and while mid-run tag-dishing effects are more numerous, it's funny to see some people around me that generally loathe positional ICE go gaga over this one). Probably nice on centrals from mid game on.