Are this lands any good, Veeky Forums?

Are this lands any good, Veeky Forums?

There's this guy at my LGS that sells sets of the complete cycle for 20$ and I'm tempted to buy them, but I don't know if they are worth it

20 is too much. It'd be like $12-$13 for the whole set.

They are worse than Fastlands, mechanically speaking.
They are very useful for Standard, but probably outclassed for Modern.

Complete playset for 20$ of all 5 lands good deal...they are better then fastlands...

Can you guys expand on the matter? I'm really interested in hearing from people that have used them

They require that every other land that is not it to have a Land-Type. To maximize the chances of it entering untapped. They will hardly come Untapped in the late game for obvious reasons.

There is article on the internet that shows calculations over it.

theyre only better than fastlands if you have lots of basics in your deck tho

20 bucks for 20 dual lands? Hell yeah, snatch that shit up. They may not be the best, but they are great budget alternatives. And once you got them you know that you have decent options when building casual decks. Do it OP. You wont regret it

Oh shit, just realised they arent duals (as in dual type). This means they go from a 5/6 outta 10 to a 1-2 outta 10. Just get temples or guildgates. Ignore me. Im a massive faggot

Why does port town have red, black, white art and not white, blue?

I tried them in standard in just 2 color decks and the more I played them the more I hated them. Id rather play basics

They also work with the BfZ lands, at least.

I dont know,but maybe you can provoke a risky play from your opponent with them by showing a land in your hand and making them think you are out of answers..in standard.
also i think they are one of the best budget duals becouse they force you to play basics,also good for splashing

Shit, guys...are they such bad lands? I mean, shit, showing a land is no big deal if you take into account many players will keep 2-3 land hands

Magic the Gathering really isn't even a game anymore. It's basically a puzzle to "solve" like D&D 3.5 was, except there's no real point because by the time you figure out the first iota of it, two thousand other retards have already solved the meta of that set and posted the best decks on the internet.

Collecting the cards is fucking stupid because the market for them swings all over the place. Wizards is literally prevented from balancing their game because they don't want backlash from crashing the secondary market. The autistic cunts who buy up all these cards have them by the balls. I say, fuck em. Let their cards go worthless, or soar in price so they can't get them. The "collectors" of this game are collecting literal cardboard that will degrade in another 40 years. It isn't collecting, it's just hoarding shit to sell for money later on. Except most of the Modern investors will lose their investment when Modern dies in another five years. The game is entirely pay-to-win and you can find the objectively best decks online, there is no point to homebrewing a deck anymore. It's like climbing Everest by foot instead of taking the (free) ski lift. And does brewing get you any extra prizes? Nope, in fact you probably wasted even more money tuning the deck. Unless you play with Proxies. Oh wait, Wizards made that illegal, too.

Anyone who still plays this game is an idiot. It's been utterly ruined by popularity, subformats, and Hasbro. Heathstone is raping the shit out of its sales and the game will be dead within 10 years. I suggest you get out while you can.

Magic sales in paper keep growing despite of Hearthstone best efforts

Kys

Giving away information isn't the problem. The problem is it requires other cards in order to come into play untapped which will almost never happen past turn 3.

They are really bad because they themselves don't have the basic land types (forest, island,etc) Which means you could only run the minimal amount of these lands if you want to have them etb untapped, and they're almost guaranteed to etb tapped in the later stages of the game. They are a budget alternative, but if you have the money there are far superior options.

>Hearthstone kiddie this ass ravaged

Guildgates are objectively worse, and I'd rather have handlands in some cases than scrylands. But yes, I agree they aren't very good.

For $20 i'd say it's worth though

If you have lands which have types in your hand, what advantage does Port Town have over Glacial Fortress? Glacial Fortress is also active if the only other land in your hand are fetchlands.

Checklands can't come into play untapped on turn 1

You play the other land from your hand first dufus.

But then you only have one type of mana available

Not if it's a fetchland or some other dual land with basic land types.

I don't even play Hearthstone. It doesn't change the fact that it is BTFO'ing Magic. The "increase" in card sales is just a bubble that will soon pop. For the last time.

>Evidence is only evidence if it agrees with me

People have said magic is dying for years since Mirrodin and before. Hearthstone won't be the one to kill it.

next your going to tell me LCGs solve this problem and i should be playing Netrunner

I've been hearing that since Kamigawa. Usually, people who say Magic is dying are non-players or guys who can't win with 1000$ decks

Exactly. Mostly because I am right, no matter what the evidence says. if there was evidence to prove me right, I wouldn't be a very good predictor would I? because everyone else would already know it.

No. netrunner is total shit

The entire problem with magic is that it's pay to win. $1000 decks should not exist. Decks with a combined value of over 50 dollars should be banned from tournaments and each deck should be checked for its market value prior to any tournament. That is the ONLY rule to make the game farir anymore.

But it has been. It just isn't dead yet.

So, assuming that you aren't counting basic lands in that price, you think every card should come from the dollar bulk rare folder (average card price for 36 cards at $50 is $1.38). And if somehow, a card becomes popular overnight (which happens!) and you happened to build your deck around it, you're shit out of luck.

And that's just assuming this is for a new format type with the regular stuff still going on otherwise. Things would actually be MORE fucked up if you did that, since even a few cents' variation changes how deck compositions can be made, and now Starcity Games is the one actually controlling how decks are able to be made, not mana costs and whatnot, since they can just set their prices at whatever the fuck they WANT to set them at, and everyone else follows suit - or has gone out of business already.

I like how he completely ignores the fact that Hearthstone has it's own pay-2-win component. You don't guys like Trump, Kripperian and even good ol' Kibler haven't spent a dime of their Twitch money on the game? Let alone travel money to big events or having to buy the latest gaming PC?

And only Magic's paywall will somehow be it's demise. This guy cracks me up.

I'd drop a $20.

You can never have too many lands.

Man, the "dual lands are vagina euphemisms" argument is in full effect on these

Hearthstone is trash though.

Blizzard games have cult followings and are also automatically assumed to be top teir by normies.

It's also significantly more pay-to-win since I can't buy singles.

Oh did I mention that

Hearthstone is fucking trash

The funniest part about all of this discussion is that HS has been on decrease since the latest expansion due to awful content and boring meta

Team 5 has been on backpedal mode for months now since everything they try is greeted with backlash

I use them in standard only. They're very good in. Decks where you run very few utility lands and they tend to always come in untapped about turns 3-4 at least. So, really they're similar fastlands, but less reliable with a chance to come in untapped later in the game. I thought they were trash for a while but I've started using them in the place of battle lands in aggressive decks in standard and I've been impressed.

Wouldn't really bother with them outside of standard.

$20 each might be a bit much but eh. Not the worst.

If you have a playset of or 2 of Shocklands it could do pretty good.

Is that movie good?

What? Explain yourself, please

Most of the modern dual lands have names that work pretty well for vagina nicknames

Can you post the article, please? Googled for it but all I find is fetchland/thinning calculations

Gosh darn it, posted the wrong dual lands

don't tell me you haven't come across a few overgrown tombs in your time

But those lands you posted are not modern legal

Some more for comparison

See

The more I read the names, the more I see them related to vaginas

Is this a magic trick?

OP again,

what about BFZ duals? Should I consider buying them? Already got the UW ones from boosters and they look interesting

Most importantly, what kind of deck are you trying to put 'em in? Which format, how many colors, and what playstyle? If you're just considering buying 'em to have 'em laying around in case you want 'em, just say which formats/playstyles you tend to play in.

I play in modern, standard and commander.

In standard I like to have fun and make weird decks. In modern I play UW Turbofog.

>Sacred Foundry
>Watery Grave
>Breeding Pool
>Steam Vents

>Sacred foundry

Really nigga?

Depending on hoe many colors you play in commander, lands you originally posted might not be too bad. If you're playing two color, go for it, 3 color, is probably bad, but losing one turn isn't too bad, just consider it maybe better guildgate, 4 or 5 color makes 'em pretty unsalvageable, just a guildgate which is a little bit better if you're "flooding" a color.

If you're talking about Tango lands, it's kinda iffy in modern, at best. You wanna have a wincon out on turn 4, and if you don't have ramps, you're risking "wasting" your land drop for turns 1 and 2. In commander, where super "competitive" decks get real at turn 5, meaning assuming you'll play a 6 turn game, you'll at least see immediate use out of 'em 4 out of 6 turns. If you're actually playing for fun, or casually, and you'll see a ten to twenty turn game, no doubt run tangos.

In my LGS, standard and modern matches are kinda slow. That's why tangos look so interesting for 3-4 color decks.