Have you ever run a game based on Metal Gear? How successful was it? Any tips?

Have you ever run a game based on Metal Gear? How successful was it? Any tips?

Rolled 31, 33, 82, 82, 35 = 263 (5d100)

I had a vague idea about running a very short (2-3 sessions) using this name generator... damned if I know what the actual plot would be.

>61/61
>Brass Rat

Rolled 35, 98, 14, 56, 77 = 280 (5d100)

>Exploding Puma
Demolition expert who wears nothing but sportswear
>Seeking Gorilla
Uplifted gorilla who is an expert assassin - think Koko meets Agent 47

Rolled 45, 47 = 92 (2d100)

This seems neat

Pretty much every Metal Gear game has the same basic plot, so it shouldn't be too hard. A snake takes on what appears to be a pretty straightforward mission, things turn out to not be what they seem, and the snake gets screwed over somehow before the game ends. Whether things end on a positive or negative note varies, of course.

>Brawler Lynx
Exploding Puma's brother, who can only be defeated in hand-to-hand combat
>Monk Turtle
Former Shaolin who wears kevlar vests
>Thrasher Ferret
Mostly travels via pipes - the challenge is working out which one he's in

I don't even know which system would work best for this.

Rolled 52, 2 = 54 (2d100)

Rollan'

Rolled 4, 65 = 69 (2d100)

Oh please be good

I'm sure there's plenty. Though it has to be a system that's made with stealth in mind.

I assume there's some system for spy focused games somewhere. Somebody had to try to make a 007 RPG.

>Shotgun Flee
kill me

Rolled 5, 85 = 90 (2d100)

Let's see what fate has in store for me.

I did once, but after the cathartic and thought-provoking ending I had originally planned, my players begged me to run another campaign in that world, which gradually decayed into self-parody and retconned every bit of worldbuilding from the first campaign. Then the players kicked me out and now it's just zombies and pachinko.

>Grenade Capuchin
Demo expert who also excels at parkour. His favorite type of grenade, of course, is the standard issue frag grenade although he has no qualms using other types, such as EMP, smoke, plasma and tar.

Before The War, he was a pitcher in a minor league team. He still has a love of baseball.

That was funnier than it had any right to be.

Rolled 90, 11 = 101 (2d100)

Rolled 98, 58 = 156 (2d100)

MONK MOOSE.
I assume a cqc master whose built like prehistoric mega fauna

I used to have the whole writeup explaining their background somewhere... :(

yay it got archived!

team run down

Rolled 85, 18 = 103 (2d100)

Rollan

Time to buy an oil rig and start another campaign.

>08/70
Dynamite Hare

Rolled 66, 97 = 163 (2d100)

lez do dis shit

>Rushing Hedgehog
borderline copyright infringement

Too real

Rolled 34, 63 = 97 (2d100)

rollan

>Guy who jumps massive distances and carries a huge shotgun
But that's actually kinda cool

Rolled 24, 1 = 25 (2d100)

Dang, good job, user. But why do the names follow FOXHOUND conventions?

"I'm Shotgun Flea! You'll be feeling more than just an itch by the time I'm through with you!"

>Electrifying Spider
So I imagine he'd be a spec-ops stealth guy who ambushes the players in a dark warehouse or something, wears some kind of insulated suit, and fights with electrified wires That he climbs on, because spiders and webs. Probably never touches the ground during the fight

See? Works out fine

Running around trying desperately to just find the Spider while continuously running into these nearly invisible wires that shock you and paralyze for a moment in which he pumps a three-round burst into your body before running away again? Sounds just like an MGS boss battle

That sounds far more horrifying than I originally imagined.

I like it!

on second though, I can't help but picture a guy with prosthetic robo legs where all the casing to make it look like actual human legs is just there to hide the fact that he's got enough explosives to depopulate a city block in them.

He throws them by doing sick spin kicks.

roland

>maniac gecko
so the bargain-bin version of psycho mantis?

Rolled 4, 20 = 24 (2d100)

Oh shit I remember this, lets see how we do
I'll never top Wizard Bear