What's your favorite zombie RPG?

What's your favorite zombie RPG?

Other urls found in this thread:

actualplay.roleplayingpublicradio.com/category/systems/red-markets/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I really want this game, partly so I can use the resources management rules in my OSR game and party so i can find out what they are talking about when they say latant, immune, and vector!

GURPS

It's also my favorite [anything] RPG, so there's that

GURPS Zombies is pretty good

It helps that the shooting mechanics are perfect for gritty zombie survival

>so I can find out what they're talking about

The guy that ran the game has done, like, six different playtest campaigns on various podcasts.

Vectors are freshly-turned fast zombies, Casualties are slow zombies that have mellowed out with time, Latents are people given suppressant when first infected that gives them nasty black veins and infectious bodily fluids but stops them from turning, and Immunes are exactly what they sound like.

Dead Reign is my favorite game so far, though I feel it lends itself to a more Resident Evil post 4, as in its more actiony than I would like.

The systems pretty smooth and the OOC's or classes are pretty cool.

I really like the idea of Red Markets, but then again, I'm an Econ student.

What is this Red Markets?

Dumb bullshit.

A zombie RPG where the basic premise is that there was a partial zombie apocalypse, and you play some goon stuck in the zombie-fied bit of America, trying to gather enough money to be able to bribe your way out of the quarantine zone.

It has a heavy emphasis on economics, trading & striking deals with other survivor enclaves.

Role playing public radio has done a campaign of it, and started a second one if you're interested.

Link: - actualplay.roleplayingpublicradio.com/category/systems/red-markets/

That sounds like it would be jarringly incoherent, to the point where one could hardly make sense of one aspect without ignoring the other.

ZCorps
Because openD6 system is pretty good for modern settings

An acquaintance of mine wanted to play test it, and I was just happy to have a gaming group again.

Mostly, it was OK. Really really simple mechanics compared to what I'm used to... but it's more focused on the roleplaying aspect than I like, forcing you to take dependants and mental issues that you can't point-buy away, forcing awkward one-on-one skits between players.

I like the problem solving and combat aspects of RPGs... No matter how many times I do it, the acting part always feels awkward to me. That's probably why it wasn't quite my speed.

That's some startlingly tumblr-ish art style.

Is this an attempt to shill?

What constitutes a "tumblr-ish" art style?

>A zombie RPG
>It has a heavy emphasis on economics

Wow, that sounds horrible

>-illon dead
What did they mean by this? Papillon dead?

Weird hairstyles, androgyny, social commentary, the playing down of primary and secondary sexual characteristics, references to media (phones, particularly), a distinct anti-western bent. Also, in full-color images, a red nose.

It is. The fluff is worse, not following any sense of logic, even its own at times. The writer also doesn't know how economics work, which is fun for a game that focuses on that sort of thing.

You make your money by going out into the wasteland & scavenging for stuff, which brings you into conflict with the zombies.

I've never actually played it, just listened to the RPPR campaign, and it seems okay to me, but then I enjoy the role-playing aspects of RPGs which, as someone else mentioned, are the main focus of Red markets.

- Yeah, I've noticed the whole 'red nose' thing in a lot of Tumblr art, what's that all about?

ebin 4chinz

I guess I could see it working. Role-playing is the draw to these, after all, but it'll be impressive if it actually 'works'.

Though I do speak from a place of bias, as zombies and capitalism are both under my mental 'shiggy diggy' list.