Warhammer 40k General

Genestealer Cults are in charge now and Goliath Trucks are one of their best units you idiot edition.

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ep_1k-lOto8
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

New player here, I've got a question about this super cheese list I saw:

-Kairos Fateweaver
-4 Heralds of Tzeentch
-2 Daemon Princes
-6 squads of Horrors

How can they take Kairos and 4 Heralds of Tzeentch? Is it just 2 HQ choices? Is it an unbound list or something?
I'm going through the Daemons codex and the rulebook and I don't see any reference to being able to take 2 HQ choices outside of an unbound list. I also don't see any formations that would allow such a thing.

Would somebody mind explaining that to me? Thanks.

Heralds occupy 1/4 of a HQ slot, so you can have 4x1/4 + 1(Fateweaver) = 2 HQ choices.

Yeah, you're a moron lashing out.

That comparison is there for a reason: Autoguns are flat out not a good weapon. Having an Autogun platform is not something to be proud of.

Having a transport when you can cross the board already is not useful in and of itself, especially since it means you could just take two units.

In a cad? Fuckin' sure it's a great vehicle, any assault army would love to have a 50 point open topped transport with some light support firepower tossed in. But no, you try to claim it works miracles in a set of formations where it's a liability.

Giving your opponent something to shoot his anti-vehicle weaponry at when you could have gone full horde is doing him a favour. His anti-AV weapon would be wasted shooting at the second unit you could take for the same points.

And you know the crazy part?

This all started because I was telling you you'd made a solid nerf to your otherwise power build list, when you were worrying that you might be too power buildy.

I was listing it as a positive, you dingus.

Why is it always the angry shitdicks don't get the picture right?

Maybe we should make a new one with all the different races TEQ's

First of all, I'm not the guy who posted the list, I'm a different Cult player.

Secondly, the fact that it's a transport isn't why you take it, it's just a bonus.

Thirdly, if he's shooting anti-tank at my trucks, the rest of the weapons in that unit are probably useless.

Goliath Trucks literally win games against Eldar and Mechanized Marines. You can always summon more infantry, but you can never summon more Trucks.

You're bad.

Read bread, fresh from the oven.

>Secondly, the fact that it's a transport isn't why you take it, it's just a bonus

>I'm paying 50 points for an autocannon, I'm a genius and anyone who can't see it is a bad player.

K, we've reached the point where you're just making fun of yourself.

>implying that picture wasn't used very much on purpose
>in Genestealer Cults are in charge now Edition

As opposed to paying 60 points for a non-twin-linked autocannon on an infantry unit that cannot move and shoot?

See

Never once suggested being stupid enough to take guard heavy weapons on Neophytes mate.

And keep mocking autocannons, which... Implies I'm suggesting buying infantry Autocannons to you? Lol.

Rolled 2 (1d6)

>THREAD WAR
I roll to seize the initiative.

OP here, the guy telling people in the other thread to come here was not even me. I'm a faggot but not that much of a faggot.

You're suggesting something even more retarded, which is running GSC with no long-range transport popping support.

Have fun getting that massive multi-charge turn 1 (if you actually get lucky enough to roll that many 6's) killing all their free transports and then getting tabled turn 2 when they shoot back at your now exposed and unengaged army.

Only really need one or two 6's generally. Charge some key units, fuck up plans.

I'll go as far to admit you need some solution for transport popping if you're dumb enough to ram your head against the free transport wall with literally any army, but even then you're clearly improvising from having -no- good options.

>liability
what is threat priority/ THE THEME OF THE CODEX?
please shoot my "shit" trucks instead of my purestrains/metamorphs/hybrids/flyrants (that should always be ran when able)
again what are FLYRANTS

>FLYRANTS
Cheese.

They're so notorious that if you even put ONE on the table you're going to get bitched at.

>Just faced a killteam game where the enemy brought 5 tomb blades and 3 Wraiths
>I was SM
His units would not die. My tactical marines dropped like flies. He can just move through terrain and has a T5 3+/3++ 12" move unit that has 2 wounds.

Like what the fuck.

If he brought wraiths hes an asshole douche
How did his tombblades perform?

Can't really tell. His Wraiths just killed shit up.

I have the opposite problem.

I played Killteam game as Orks. I had 3 nobs and 4 warbikes.

I was accused of being a min-maxing asshole.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ep_1k-lOto8

What a magical place you play at

What program do you lot use to view the EPUB files?

you can get redium on chrome

Apparently warbikes are "OP" against a killteam composed entirely of SM Scout snipers.

is GW still boycotting any fan made lil games?

I want to get into playing warhammer, is there a metagame? What is a good entry level team that takes little to no skill so I can get my foot in the door with some easy wins, maybe take 2nd or 3rd at a couple of tournaments and win some money to hobble together a real army?

>Genestealer Cults are in charge now and Goliath Trucks are one of their best units you idiot edition.

Oh dear, did I start something by posting my list yesterday about the rude angry guy I beat with my GSC and my list which included 2 Goliaths? (which performed really well for me in the game!)

How the fuck are goliath trucks good against mechanized marines? That means you're facing around five or six tactical squads, who all have free transports, who are all running around with either grav or plasma guns.

What game is this from?

People like accusing ork warbikers for beeing cheese. A price of a warbike is 15 pts compared to 10 pts rokkit pack, which is ridiculous - rokkit pack allows you to fly 12`, while bike gives you +1T, 4+ save and 3+ cover save when you turboboost and jink. This is problem across all codexes if I understand it correctly, bikes are underpriced.

Naw not bait, genuinely interested, just dont know where to get in, it all seems kind of overwhelming ive just been downing warhammer lore videos for weeks on end. I heard they ruined fantasy with age of sigmar, I kind of wanted to play a skaven army, but if fantasy is dead, I might go tyranids or necrons for 40k, they seem pretty interesting. I heard orcs are pretty easy though.

Can I sell my old army on this forum or do I need to look elsewhere? Ideas are appreciated

Lad sorry to say you won't win any tournaments like that most of the lads your up against have been playing the game for years and will catch you every time and as for the wining money part that isn't a thing

A lot of the people complaining about the Storm Surge are just belly aching from what I've seen.

Why are Goliaths the best unit for genestealer?

So Pic Related is the list I have finally completed to play at 1250.

I've only gotten games in at 500 and 750pts but most people seem to prefer over a thousand at least around here.

Part of me wants to try out Salamander Tactics since I read their fluff a bit and Melta seems to be a better Take All Comers tool as opposed to Grav (which did not work well against my last opponent, Daemons)

Also Yellow is hard to paint and I think I could do Green better

Space Marines are a solid codex and are very easy to play and paint. You won't win tournaments without some experience, but at least you'll have more fun than orks

What are some good Space Marine Tactics (specifically Greenwing Dark Angels) for dealing with Necrons at low points.

The Ghost Arks (2) are really powerful and he does objectives better than tacticals with warriors.

Destroyers (5) plus his Destroyer HQ are infinitely better than my assault marines. I can't even compare them.

Tomb Blades (3-6) that can ignore cover kills my Attack Squadron and bikes.

I am topping out at 1000 points with a Librarian on a bike, 4 Black Knights in a Ravenwing Command Squad (I bought the battleforce and a spare Black Knight on ebay) and have a Banner, Apothecary and Champion in there. A venerable Dreadnaught in a Drop pod and two Tactical Squads in Rhinos (one with a plas cannon the other with Meltagun and Combi-Melta). Then I use the Ravenwing Attack Squadron with a Multi-Melta Attack Bike and two Multimeltas on a Land Speeder

Is that supposed to be an Ork deffkopter?

ChapMaster (1) - 200pts
1 Chapter Master: Frag and Krak grenades,Orbital strike,Artificer armor,Teeth of Terra,Storm Shield

Cassor (1) - 140pts
1 Cassor the Damned: One blood talon with built-in meltagun,One blood talon with built-in strombolter,Magna-grapple

HonGuard (4) - 110pts
1 Champion: Honour or Death,Power sword
1 Honour Guard: Power weapon,Close combat weapon,Bolt pistol
2 Honour Guard: Power weapon,Boltgun,Bolt pistol

Tfcan (1) - 100pts
1 Thunderfire Cannon
Pred (1) - 95pts
1 Predator: Autocannon,Heavy bolters sponsons

Rhino (1) - 75pts
1 Razorback: Twin-linked lascannon

Tac(5) - 75pts x4
1 Sergeant: Bolt pistol,Boltgun
3 Tactical Marine: Boltgun,Bolt pistol
1 Tactical Marine: Flamer,Bolt pistol

Scouts (5) - 70pts Camo cloak
1 Scout Sergeant: Sniper rifle,Boltgun
4 Scout: Sniper rifle,Bolt pistol

Scout (10) - 131pts
1 Scout Sergeant: Close combat weapon,Boltgun,Teleport homer
2 Scout: Shotgun,Bolt pistol
5 Scout: Close combat weapon,Bolt pistol
2 Scout: Heavy bolter,Bolt pistol

Scout (7) - 103pts
1 Veteran Sergeant: Close combat weapon,Power weapon
6 Scout: Close combat weapon,Bolt pistol

Ass (5) - 110pts
1 Sergeant: Bolt pistol,Power weapon,Melta Bombs,Combat shield
1 Assault Marine: Plasma pistol and chainsword
3 Assault Marine: Bolt pistol and chainsword

Ass) - 90pts
1 Sergeant: Plasma pistol,Chain sword,Melta Bombs
4 Assault Marine: Bolt pistol and chainsword

dev(5) - 130pts
1 Sergeant: Bolt pistol,Chain sword
4 Tactical Marine: PlasmaCannon,Bolt pistol

dev(5) - 130pts
1 Sergeant: Bolt pistol,Chain sword
4 Tactical Marine: PlasmaCannon,Bolt pistol
How well do you think this would far against Orks? (weird custom Chapter tactic lets me reroll gets hot!')

>Dark Angels
Greetings Battle-Brother.

If he isn't rocking wraiths in the Necron Army I would consider adding to your RW Command Squad and putting it into the Ravenwing Strike Force. Throwing a Darkshroud in there will give you the dirty 2+ Jink save.

Either that or go for the Demi Company and have a beefed up Attack Squadron (full bike squad+AB with landspeeder) so your non jinking units overwatch at full balistic skill (not that he should be charging you though.

If you guys aren't power gamers a small shooty Deathwing Strike Force could be a good threat to throw at him. Ravenwing is the way to go for me though.

This can't be happening! I'm in charge!

Continuing from the previous thread - trying to make a fluffy infantry-centered Salamanders lists, here's what I came up with at the moment. Any advice ?

Link for that builder, please? No one ever puts it in the OP.

I like the idea of playing Tyranids. Am I screwed?

webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

Big Bugs is viable and cheesey and in casual settings they aren't terrible.

Thanks.

Any, preferably semicompetitive, guardsman have a strong opinion for against pask? He certainly does work but the build I have for him now with him flanked by an executioner is running more expensive than a knight titan.

He's a fucking heavy hitter and almost always does work, but he's short ranged and doesn't do much turn one, just wanna know if you guys think he's worth the investment.

Btw my list rocks a shiton of manticores, wyverns, and lascannons designed to try and cripple the enemy turn one/two

As long as you play an army you enjoy you shouldn't be screwed.

A guy at my LGS takes top three in every tourney he shows up to with an ork list

It seems like you lack redundant anti-armor.

Also, on the Land Speeder, go either double heavy flamer or double multi melta.

So for all those saying Tau Battlesuits should be Walkers, how much better would it make things like the Crisis, Broadside, Hazard and Stealth Suits if they were made Walkers with AV 10, 11, and 12 facings on all sides?

Wouldn't it also make them immune to Morale Checks and make them better in Close Combat?

av10 really would only screw over ST3 (maybe 4 ?) weapons imo
the biggest downside to armor values is that they lose their armor save , and they have to roll on the vehicle damage table

>morale
should probably make walkers take them anyway
>better in CC
if a tau player wants to get into close combat then I'm all for it

As long as melta guns can rape their T5 commanders more easily

In the case of Crisis Suits, it'd be a buff as insta-killing them would be a lot harder.

AV 10 mean STR 4 and below wouldn't be as effective.

Plus, a lot of the stuff that would be effective against them like Melta would already be denying them an Armor Save anyway.

>should probably make walkers take them anyway

A Walker shouldn't have to ever take those, no matter what it is.

>if a tau player wants to get into close combat then I'm all for it

I meant more or less if they somehow wound up in close combat, it'd be harder to kill them.

Plus they'd still be able to jump out and what not as I don't see that ability going away anytime soon.

Why not? Do Sentinel pilots never get scared?

Not as scared as Infantry I'd imagine.

>lack redundant
What ?

The Speeder is really there to just keep jinking and grabbing objectives since I'm not using bikes. Spotting for the Whirlwinds will be a bonus, I gave him the gun since he can swap fire and I had 15 points to spare.

Lads. Something is irritating me.

In the Dark Eldar fluff, it regularly says that Lelith or whatever has never felt the touch of a blade on her skin or died or whatever. Yet in the very same book, it mentions she gets a thin microcut on her midriff from a Space Marine Captain in the Arena.

Does that suddenly not count?

if they're walkers they can be locked in combat, skimmers and chariots however cannot

Mary Sue bullshit never counts.

>if they're walkers they can be locked in combat, skimmers and chariots however cannot

But they'd keep their ability to Jump out of combat.

They'd still be able to Hit and Run though wouldn't they?

Yeah but it's outright in disregard of the fluff in the same damn book. The whole point is, she kills the Captain and then notices she had a line of red on her belly (hot desu), I don't think it was bleeding, maybe it was just a red mark? She then calls down the guy who captured him for his 'reward', which was to be murdered by her.

if you gave them vectored retro thrusters sure, the times i've gotten into combat with suits they had shields/bs2 overwatch/feel no pain and other stuff.

My Burning of Prospero box arrived today, Veeky Forums.

So what's the verdict on Custodes? I don't go to /hhg/
Good? Shit? I'm apprehensive about 50ppm and a lack of Relentless or assault grenades but I really want an excuse to use them.

You're only allowed a single Fast attack slot in Kill Team. He shouldn't be able to take Tomb blades with Wraiths.

If he doesn't have wraiths, or Lychguard (maybe even Praetorians) then assault is going to be his downfall. Necron armies may be imposing but a squad of warriors goes down fast if you get even basic assault marines in there. Destroying the Garks is going to be your first objective the stop him respawning, your second objective being to tie up his destroyers somehow. Assault may be the way to go but I think they're still alright in assault. Tying up his best shooty units will put you in a much better position to knock off his tomb blades and then try to take control of the map.

Simple, she was so high on Combat drugs that she didn't FEEL a thing.

You got the Goliath Truck evolution chart?

I need the Brood Cycle.

Why would you go to /hhg/? The rules are for 40k, not for HH. The HH rules are in White Dwarf (and soon Book 7).

They're incredibly resilient but are screwed by mass shots from cover. They also have no way of dealing with high AV vehicles. AV14 is beyond their reach. They have lots of builds. Sword + Shield, Sword + Knife and Spear. Remember you can take a Storm Shield with a Vexilla, which I would recommend if you do. I'd personally run Shield-Captain with Sword + Shield, Vexilla with Shield and the rest with Spears against TEQ/MEQ. With Sword + Knife against GEQ hordes (I'd also recommend SS with Shield-Captain and Vexilla holder).

The HH rules are much better because they have Plasma and Krak grenades and the Shieldwall rule thing makes up for their 4++ instead of 3++. Plus they're two different units.

I'd say they're at least better than their points worth of Terminators Don't know if that's saying much though

But I get hard for anything that has T5.

I see what you mean, but the White Dwarf article on it this month also says she's never been touched by a blade in general. Which obviously isn't true now.

Dunno, maybe it was a 'burn' or something.

they rank as Erotic

This Your opponent is a dick or a moron

>"I have never felt the touch of a blade on my skin"

>"What about that one time though?"

And that's how her Raider got a new trophy.

Can AV be hurt by flames? If a heavy flamer hits a Dark Eldar Raider, does it just hit the guys inside or does it also hit the side armor?

The first is her legend, the second is truth.

>You should be running at least 3 of them anyways, and glancing them to death is all you need to do. Once you pop a single transport you can multi-charge the others while getting stuck in with the infantry so they can't shoot back at you.

So if I spend 150 points on Autocannons, I can pop one transport out of a set of ten free transports, then charge the rest?

As opposed to taking three more infantry units with those 150 points?

Is this your claim?

Use them like terminators but better in every single way.

Three custodes with shields and swords, the shield captain and one custode with the guardian spear. Please note they will get fucked by walkers.

Makes sense.

Also makes sense. She kills everybody who remembers that.

>yfw the White Dwarf article says male Eldar are only allowed in Wych Cults for their 'seed'

Use the proper heresy rules for them or don't use them at all.

The other ruleset was blatantly tossed together by the same lunch break intern who did the core rules for age of Sigmar.

>Thread made two threads ago.
>80 replies
>Criminally unpopular.

*cough*

you're in an av 10 open topped transport; what isn't hurting it? passengers in open topped also suffer d6 hits per flamer template

What makes you say that? If you gave them Krak and Frag, they're then superior to fucking everything anybody can get.

>core rules for age of Sigmar

This makes no sense at all. I have no idea what you can mean. There is nothing to support this at all.

Needle Pistols. Executioner Pistol. CCW. Neural Shredder.

That's just from Assassins.

For good reason, it's garbage.

>I want to use superiorly OP rules because I don't like the rules for 40k
>I'll also mention AoS for some reason and the newest meme of 'interns' and 'lunch breaks' which is being mentioned constantly in /40kg/

If you want to be a WAACfag, just say that.

>Make statement
>don't explain it

hmmmm.

>Wrong points values
>Missing units
>Inefficient use of space
It was a meme for a couple of threads before most sane people got bored of it and reverted to better tested means. Now make sure to clean the spoon you dribbling retard.

Good boy! Now you know how to have a conversation.

Remember folks! Before you state an opinion, it's best to back it up with reasons!

This has been a Veeky Forums public service announcement for the betterment of threads and the defeat of shitpsoters!

>Now make sure to clean the spoon you dribbling retard.

>make claim
>don't back it up
>somebody asks for you to back it up
>HUR DURPF DURRRRR RETARD XDDDD

Pathetic.

not him, but this would have been useful in your first post, rather than over 3. would have saved me time and have allowed me to use it better instead of finding out myself about these things.

Also, you should use the proper heresy rules for Space Marines or don't use them at all.

The other ruleset was blatantly tossed together by the same lunch break intern who did the core rules for age of Sigmar.

Remember, if it doesn't have a 400 page BRB set of rules, it's done by an intern.