Warhammer 40,000 general

Sunday funday edition, on what are you working today?

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Best Ork lord of war?

FW custom stompa, any other option is just overcosted.

Why do Space Marine players complain that the variant Chapters like DA, BA, SW don't have access to the same stuff as Codex SM?

I most often hear this complaint from BA players who want Centurions, the other flyers or the Landspeeder Storm.
It just doesn't really make a lot of sense to me for two reasons: (1) none of those things really contribute to the Blood Angels play style and tactics, furious charge on centurions?! (2) you can always ally them in if you really want them.

It's like you want all the benefits of the Blood Angels unique stuff but then you want all the SM goodies too, can't have it both ways.

I know Eldar get a (deservedly) bad rep but I'm still interested in them.

Is this a list you'd play against? I spent 1,220 on Troops.

>can't have it both ways.

Why?

WRONG THREAD, GET IN HERE

We don't, those are chaos posters since they don't know shit of the other chapters to know that

>space wolves are sledgehammer marines+helfrost

>Blood angels are choppy marines plus+assault cannons+flammers
Dark angels are gotta go fast plasma marines+vortex weapons

>vanilla marines are shooting marines+grav

Quick question about formations, moving from just painting to actually playing the game.

Can I take a formation from a separate supplement and use it in my army regardless of what supplement I use for building my army. For instance for a space wolves army, if I'm building my army off of the Wolves Unleashed FOC could I take a champions of fenris formation like Arjac's shieldbrothers? And if I were to take a formation such as that would they take up slots such as the terminators and arjac each taking up an elite slot?

>WRONG THREAD, GET IN HERE
>Wrong picture
>wrong title
>meme shit poster maker edition
Fuck off

>>wrong title
>it has to be Warhammer 40,000, not Warhammer 40k!
>muh autism
You're not wrong about the other parts, but jesus user.

Thread made so someone could wank to autocannon platforms no less.

Agreed 40k is better.
I don't want to type commas into the search bar they're all the way over on the other side of the keyboard and then my cocoa falls over

Even the battlefortress and bursta?

If they're formations for the same army, sure thing you can use wolves unleashed the other formation.

You can't use for example angels of death formations with wolves, you could ally vanilla marines with AoD formations tough.

Fail.
Mega gatla inc.

>superior armchair general who has never actually played GSC against a real list thinks he's better because he doesn't need those useless retarded Goliaths that totally haven't won games vs competitive Eldar lists
K bruv

>Goliaths that totally haven't won games vs competitive Eldar lists

[Citation Needed]

Posting again since last three is ded.

Does this list make me too much of an asshole without autists sperging over 2 points?

+++ Daemons (Warhammer 40,000 7th Edition v64) (1502pts) +++

+ HQ +

Herald of Tzeentch
Psyker Level 3
The Oracular Dais
Normal Disc instead for the Autist

Herald of Tzeentch
Exalted Locus of Conjuration
Paradox
Psyker Level 3

Herald of Tzeentch
Exalted Locust of Conjuration
Portalglyph
Psyker Level 3

Lord of Change
2x Greater Daemonic Reward
Lesser Daemonic Reward
Psyker Level 3
The Impossible Robe

+ Elites +

Flamers of Tzeentch x3

+ Troops +

Pink Horrors of Tzeentch x11

Pink Horrors of Tzeentch x11

+ Fast Attack +

Screamers of Tzeentch x5

+ Heavy Support +

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch
2x Greater Daemonic Reward
Lesser Daemonic Reward
Daemonic Flight
Mastery 3
Warp-forged Armour

I'd make the argument that Blood Angels don't need grav cents or any of the other stuff SM get, they have better choices that support their play style better for the points.

>2 points over
Fuck off.

So what's your plan, classic summonspam? You're going mono-god so that's automatically a fluffy point in your favor.

Actually, what powers are you rolling on? Because you're going to need someone rolling on the anti-tank powers.

This.

He called it.

Are you the same poster who sperged over the other thread using 40k instead of typing out a comma and another three zeros?

>mono-god incursions are fluffier than mixed ones
Why do people keep spouting this tired old meme?
Are they really so uninformed?

If you can't have your list within your points limit why should we bother?

They really, REALLY shouldn't get Cents or Grav in my opinion, but they need something better to augment their "choppy marine" status. Something to let them get into combat faster (red wunz go etc etc), and make them more survivable against being shot off the board.

What army is best to use for Squats? Space Marines? Guard? One of the 30k lists?

Ad Mech.

Mono-god are fluffier. Spot being a bitch about it.

Either iron hands space marines, or the 30k Imperial Cults and Militia list

They aren't exclusively choppy. They are a codex following chapter with some more aggressive assault tactics but still codex marines.
I think they are fine as is in the hands of a smart player.

Fuck off retard.
Stop being a spoiled, elitist cunt.

Mono-god lists are fluffier.

Someone sure is buttmad they can't be competitive with mono-god not-Tzeentch.

>autists who can't read about downgrading the Dias

Mostly, though I don't have too much in reserves.

For AT, both the LoC and prince will have a staff of change for high S, they might get gaze, the horrors and their Heralds have S6 flickering fire, and there are screamers.

The Prince will take Shriek, and then probably 2 Bio, maybe 1 bio if it's good and then another Tele or maybe Maelific

The LoC will will be full Maelific, maybe delving into Divination

The two Horrors will obviously take Maelific

The two foot Tzeralds will try for Cursed Earth and then Divination, then another change.

The one flying around will take Maelific for summoning and earth, then another change power.

Alternate 1500pt list

Thoughts?

I'm curious - what is the most contentious rules debate in your local gaming scene? I travel a lot for work so I visit a lot of gaming shops and it's always interesting to me to see different interpretations of various rules.

Drop the assassins formation, you won't need that much assassins in one game, mostly are situational, get a better bunker to hide the commisars and hope you can drown your enemy on bodies before they kill you, an escape hatch for the bunker is also a good idea.

Is Hellrain Brigade the Start Collecting formation?

1000 point Black templar list
Give it to me straight doc, it's the first time i'm making a list and i really need your most honest critique

HQ - Emp's Champ

Troops
Crusader Squad #1
9 Initiates, 9 Neophytes, 1 Sword Brother
Boltpistols and Chainaxes, 2x Power Axes
Crusader Squad #2
5 Initiates, 5 Neophytes, boltguns and a Plasma gun
In a Rhino with a dozer blade
Crusader Squad #3
5 Initiates
Plasma gun, Lascannon - gonna use them to give fire support and camp obectives

Fast Attack
Bike Squad with 2 meltaguns and 1 combi-melta

Elites
5 Assault termis with hammers and shields with a homer

999/1000 points

Allies and Detachments used to be a big one.

With Orks, it was whether or not the Dred Mob counted as "Codex: Orks" for the purposes of allies.

I remember it being so ridiculous that one could reason the Dred Mob from Imperial Armor 8 could use the Waaagh! Ghazghkull detachment, resulting in possible Deep Striking Deff Dreads and Fire Bomb throwing Grots.

I'm planning to attend an event and I'm building my Eldar army up for the occasion. Normally I play Dark Eldar so I'm not up on how Eldar play, also some DE slipped in anyway, but I think it's still pretty meta:

>Eldar CAD

Farseer Skyrunner x2

3-man Scatbikes x5
4-man stock Windriders w/Warlock x1

Wraithknight w/sword & board

>Aspect Host

Warp Spiders x3

>Grotesquerie

Haemonculus
4-man Grotesques x2
Raider w/Dark Lance x2

Comes to a neat and tidy 1850pts. I was going to throw another Aspect Host of spiders in there but that left 200 points or so dangling and I didn't know what to fill it with. Someone suggested a VSG, someone else a Warp Hunter, but I'm not familiar enough with how they operate.

This looks silly. I don't know why you're banking that much on a handful of T4 units to do the work of 1/3 your army.

Has anyone here ever used one of these or faced off against one?

How good are they considering they more than a damn land raider?

If they charge they can destroy a knight, drop pod them in and watch it soak fire like a whore and if it survives it will fuck shit up.

So I love the Stormlance Demi-Company the White Scars have but I hate bikes.

That said, does anything else really benefit from being white scars?

Blood angels are one of the most codex adhering first founding chapters around and the second adopter of the codex after the ultramarines themselves, their assault focus is only really because of their genetic flaw.

Please respond

Also, there's no Dozer blade, i was 4 points over.

I hope some GSC player anally rapes you.

Why, because I'm trying to work a non-meta army into a netlist?

is it wrong that this picture is arousing?

>Farseer Skyrunner x2
>3-man Scatbikes x5
>4-man stock Windriders w/Warlock x1
>Wraithknight w/sword & board
>>Aspect Host
>Warp Spiders x3

You know why.

I'm going to a fairly big tournament, I'd like to not get blown off the table when going against bark bark stars and seer councils.

>I'm going to a fairly big tournament

Have you considered playing Warhammer 40k instead?

No brother, you're just experiencing visions of brother claviger and his long tally of heretic and traitor executions, truly something to be wonder by.

>eldar
>fearing anything beyond GSC
Gr8 b8 m8

Just upgraded to BattleScribe 2.0, saw how shit it was, tried going back to 1.15, had all my list files corrupted, have to rebuild everything in 2.0

Just tried to assemble my Black Templars list and noticed that the Emperor's Champion is costed at 407 points there. Anyone know of a way to edit the data file manually to fix that issue? Also, is this only an error in my program or is that just a normal bug?

I mean the Grotesques will turn a GSC inside out and sideways. Same goes for Khornedogs and other melee-reliant armies.

>other melee-reliant armies

What about Orks.

>not playing by the 2% rule of listbuilding
>being this low-functioning

I've used them in several games, it's very hard to get them into combat because your opponent is going to run the fuck away from them. Haywire is still their bane though so try and avoid that.
They really need a drop pod.

No they're not. Both are equally fluffy, especially when multi-god incursions take over a planet and then descends into infighting over the spoils.

The Chaos gods hate each other, but they hate everything else more, and as such are willing to put aside their differences when fighting in the Materium.

user, no, just don't, to that scat list the orkz won't live long enough to be a thread, I actually respects the ork players who did the sensible thing and just gave up tournaments and competive gaming to just have fun in the game.

90% of the time, it's mono-god manifestations.

>90% of the time only a single god has noticed that reality has been sundered
That doesn't sound right

>90% of the time, it's mono-god manifestations.

Now where does it say that in the lore?

Killa Kanz with grotzookas supporting gorkanauts are actually pretty rugged. Especially when supported by Chaos Knights.

Looks good to me.

Vast majority of manifestations mentioned are mono-god. It's in the codex and you can look for yourselves.

>that iron hands feel
its like there are no other chapters

How does one build a Farsight Enclave list anyway? Any different than a normal Tau army or is there any special twist to it?

How about taking The Eight as a 1500 points list?

Most tau lists are Farsight Enclaves, it's what allows you to skip taking immobile gunline chaff, aka the most boring way to play tau for both you and your opponent.

Are you the same faggot from before that threw a fit anytime the chicken wasn't in the OP image?
Because you seem like that faggot.

You take suits, and more suits, and use different experimental wargear. That's about it.

Anyone?

Am I damned to bring bikes?

It is like that now that we were given a competitive chapter tactic, we used to be the "literally who?" Chapter.

>wants to play White Scars
>without any bikes
That's like wanting to play Grey Knights without Psykers.

But does it say that specifically?

I do not recall that.

What about the Mega Dread?

Not saying it's full proof, but it has access to a STR 6, AP3 Flamer.

What armor saves to the GSC get anyway?

That isn't possible. WS without bikes is possible.

If you're looking to abuse the chapter tactic then choppy Dreads get some decent mileage out of it. Fuck the tarpits and H&R between combats to abuse the charge bonus.

It doesn't literally say those words, but almost every description of daemonic incursions or summonings are described as being a single god affair. The only time it's not is when it's Undivided doing the summoning. And Undivided is rare.

I believe they get scout on rhinos, I'm not sure but I believe they also have hit and run, lastly what did you expect from playing space Mongols? Riding bikes is their thing.

Can someone explain to me where Dark Eldar souls go when they die since they dont have spirit stones? I get that they can be grown back into a new body if they leave a finger but how the fuck does that work if Slaanesh has their soul and surely not every dark eldar raider can afford to have their soul reborn.

Do dark eldar give humans their souls to Slaanesh or something? That's fucked up if they do.

Their souls cling to any parts of their body for something like 3 days after death. If the body is regrown before then, they're fine. If not, Slaanesh gets the soul.

Made an 1850 Krieg list from Vraks 2nd Ed.

How's this look?

HQ-

Company Command Squad - 100
-Master of Fleet - 20
-Master of Ordnance - 20
-Vox Caster - 5

Elites-

Hydra Flak Platform - 50

Combat Engineer Squad - 50
-Full Squad - 40
-Mole Launcher - 15
-Hades Breaching Drill - 60

Combat Engineer Squad - 50
-Full Squad - 40
-Mole Launcher - 15
-Hades Breaching Drill - 60

Troops-

-Infantry Platoon-

Command Squad - 50
-Standard - 10
-Vox Caster - 5

Infantry Squad - 70

Infantry Squad - 70

Heavy Weapons Squad - 60
-Lascannons - 45

-Infantry Platoon-

Command Squad - 50
-Standard - 10
-Vox Caster - 5

Infantry Squad - 70

Infantry Squad - 70

Heavy Weapons Squad - 60
-Autocannons - 15

Heavy Support-

Artillery Battery(3) - 225

Thunderer Siege Squadron(3) - 420
-Camo Netting - 45

If it doesn't say it in absolute writing, then I do not assume such.

>update BattleScribe
>literally can't even start creating a Space Marine list
>can't load old army lists either

Thank you, developers, for this great update and thank you data people for this sweet compatibility.

fnp and PotMS bubbles and IWND and +1 BotO
I just can't see that being bad in any sort of balanced list
especially with armoured task force as a core, access to stormlance AND skyhammer AND the lolworthy strike force ultra+amazing when combined with mechanicus

I'm still kinda salty how ferrus got offed though

this, this shit makes no fucking sense

>If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck and looks like a duck, but this book doesn't quite say it's a duck, it's not a duck.

Font lie user, that "tactic" you mention is cripplingly expensive both on points and burguetbucks, only viable to above 2000 pts games, at that point almost every other army can push harder and better units than the orkz.

Read the codex. Dark Eldar souls remain in their bodies after death for a few days.

I just wanted to pop out my rhino bolter some misbehaving cultists to death before hopping back in and zip off somewhere else to hopefully repeat

1500pt IG list I'm gonna run this weeekend. Thoughts?

Company Command Squad-80
vox caster, medi pack

Chimera-100
Camo netting, Extra armor, fire barrels

Platoon Command Squad-50
Vox Caster, medi pack

Chimera-100
Camo netting, Extra armor, Fire barrels

Infantry Squad-55
vox caster

Infantry Squad-75
Commissar

Infantry Squad-50

Special Weapons Team-61
Commissar, Snipersx3

Heavy Weapons Team-120
Rocket Launchers w/Flakkx3

Veteran Squad-140
Heavy flamer, vox caster, power weapon, demolitions, meltax2

Valkyrie-145
Lascannon, multiple rocket pods

Leman Russ-190
Vanquisher, Multi Meltas, Lascannon, Camo Netting, Extra Armor

Leman Russ-195
Demolisher, Camo Netting, Extra Armor

Basilisk-140
Enclosed Crew Compartment

1501 points

i'm gonna moosh all the infantry together into one great big blobsquad of fun

>I'm still kinda salty how ferrus got offed though
The most insulting part is that he had neck armor and even then he was beheaded.

I like the tau.

Are you sure its not just a user problem? I haven't seen anyone else complain. I've had no issues

You can do that, just not as fast.

Only problem I've gotten is that it says the list needs shit it doesn't. Like CSM CAD needing a Chaos Warhound Titan to be legal.

A friend of mine has also been having a metric ton of problems with it, from point costs being all over the place to the program permanently stating that an army has errors in it (Combined Arms Detachments 'needing' 1 of every unit type available for instance was something we both had occur for different armies).