So how many of you cross post on reddit?

So how many of you cross post on reddit?

I don't like the format.
Veeky Forums is quick and easy.

The only place I go on reddit for is Anime_IRL. And that's because it's usually got the right amount of self loathing for me.

I left conventional forums behind because on some level they all rely on upvotes, circlejerking, mod felating, etc. Here, I can lurk and shitpost, give advice, speak my mind, ask a question etc. without it following me around or worrying about maintaining an image at all.

I look at reddit sometimes but just for links and shit usually.

I don't. From the limited exposure I have had to reddit, it seems like it's a pile of shit just like Veeky Forums, except there aren't any gems to be found in that shit, just more shit.

What pussy whipped spineless faggot allows this to happen? Just tell them to fuck off.

Ethos has no place in discussion. Each idea should stand on its own merits and hold only its own credentials.

And I like shitposting.

For Veeky Forums stuff because those boards are usually small enough that they're not terrible circlejerks, and badhistory because of fun banter and I usually learn something.

I made an account just to unsubscribe from the shitty default subreddits. Lemme tell ya, that really improves the experience. By default the site's pretty much a youtube comment section--mostly people who just want to hear themselves talk.

>wife

user...

I do all the time. I'm not enough of a sperg to believe you can only post one website.

My point still stands!

Anyway OP and no I don't go there. Outside of Veeky Forums the only place I frequent are the warmachine and dakka dakka forums.

there are good forums online but Reddit isn't one of them. Reddit, Imgur, Tumblr, 9Gag, and those shitty websites have the exact same pattern of comments it goes something like:

>comment
>joke about comment
>reference regarding joke
>meme
>reference

seriously it has basically no actually discussion just memes and references. Also their memes are usually some forced image macro which doesn't actually mean anything.

On a lot of the smaller subreddits you can get some decent conversation, even if it is slow going. I generally just go on and talk about mu/tg stuff.

I don't, threads' layouts are fucking awful, and it's way tougher to browse through threads, because of the reply-chain system.
Also
>upvotes/downvotes

Not any of the subreddits I frequent. I think you just have a prejudiced bias.

I frequented the overwatch subreddit after the beta and the discord.

I made the mistake of suggesting the owner of the discord server of not announcing every ban with a ping.

He kicked me from the server. I posted it on the subreddit and a bunch of people got really furious and demanded he step down. I got a half assed apology, then they shadow banned me from the subreddit and perma banned from the discord server.

I don't go to reddit anymore.

>I don't like the format.

This. I'd give it a shot if it weren't the worst shit to browse ever.

Oh god, shuu. he was a gigantic faggot, nobody liked him and that was actually the tipping stone when we got rid of him.

Never once posted on reddit.

The ease and speed with which information can be exchanged here is a glorious thing. I see this anonymous less regulated posting as what maybe perhaps the purest form of communication on the net.

I post there, but only on the_donald, dndnext, dnd, Veeky Forums and asoiaf.

no I bet there are tons of users who make references to outside shit constantly on those subs.
>omg i got that reference
>harambe xdddd
>reference usernames
>ecelebs

Something about its nesting format turned me off, so I never bothered posting there.

>posting on r/Veeky Forums

I normally don't hate plebbit that much but you are a part of the reason Veeky Forums's userbase is so shit. It did the one thing you shouldn't do, spread Veeky Forums outside of Veeky Forums.

...I'm sorry, do you not see the irony given the picture you posted?

Some of the small and niche subreddits can be good, but you have to go through a lot of chaff. The conlangs subreddit is pretty decent still. A lot of the ones I used to follow have simply attracted too much attention and have gotten too many people. Vexillology used to be good, but now it's just flavor of the month flag remakes.

At least it's not fucking tumblr. That thing is arcane and unusable.

is the pic I posted any of the things I listed?

I know there's one guy who farms reddit karma by posting shit other people make over in the CYOA thread. Went and checked because someone mentioned the subreddit in the thread. No I've gotta post my shit there because I can't stand to see him basically lifting it without even a mention of who made it and then getting recognition for it. Ugh, more shit to do.