Inquisitorial Penal Regiment Veeky Forums: Daemons Walk Among Us Edition

Alright Maggots! I'm in a bit of a good mood today, after my team and I got to kill some Dark Eldar raiders. And since today seems to be one of those feral worlder "Praise your Dead and dress up in stupid and slutty costume" holidays, I figured "what the hell". So, with Command in agreeance, I am offically ordering you all to dress up in some sort of costume. Make it good!
-----------------------------------------------------------
1d4Chan:1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:Penal_regimentdesignation/tg/

Steam Group:steamcommunity.com/groups/40k_penal_regiment.

FAQ:
>What the fuck is this?
Somewhat a campaign of crack-infused free-form roleplay in the grim darkness of the far future.

>When do you guys make these threads?
Usually mondays at 4PM GMT, but they sometimes extend to Tuesdays if we got caught in the middle of something when the thread died and it was too late to make another one the same day.

>Can I join in?
Sure, just think of a character and have fun, you can find most info in 1d4chan albeit it's ussually a little bit out of date in comparison to where the threads are.

>Is there any requirement in character creation.
Not really, we've had Xeno infiltrators, Chaos infiltrators, Villains, Heroes, Normal Guardsmen, Crazed Guardsmen, Assassins, Psykers, Space Marines, Inquisitors, Squats... just think whathever and join the fun.

>Is it allowed to have more than a single character?
Yes as long as you don't use it to powerplay.

>So how you guys do the playan'?
We tend to use spoilers for OOC chat, but nothing is set in stone.
We tend to use greentexts for describing a character's actions, but again nothing is set in stone.
Use d20s for combat checks and d100s for other things you want to roll, higher Is better.
It's important to know that the regiment is now in the employ of a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, with influence from an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and under the watch of an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor. Yes we've been through a lot of shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cvoJ7qUh3y8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Already done with mine, sir.

>Malak's left eye twitches rather violently the moment after hearing this over the base's intercom.
>He didn't want to do it... but unfortunately, orders are orders. And this WAS an "offical order" from higher up.
>He'd cast a glance at some of the other Valkyries. Some of which would seemed thrilled to do this, while others would appear to be more like Malak in this regard.

>Diane would have a skull painted on her face as she salutes Jericho.
>she'd move back into the tank with Jaemis and sits curled up wiith him.

>Her cheeks would puff out rather angerly at seeing his outfit, as she would smack his arm in mock anger.

You jerk! I thought we agreed we were gonna dress up like Eldar! Or failing that.l, we were gonna dress up as a Spacemarine and sister of battle!

>a man in an eerily realistic necron costume walks around the base

>Twitch would wave at Malak from across the hanger, he'd be ready to join in the festivities with rubber tentacles sprouting from his back.
>He'd half walk and half jog upto Malak with a nervous grin on his face.
r-ready to dress up si- I mean Malak.

This be all I could make in time. Yer costume looks good on yer. Well, yer probably have less spirits to scare away. That's quite the suit, err... Who are yer again?

>His eye would continue to further twitch out of anger.

I'm a necron lord. Who are you?

>he'd back away slowly from Malak.
you doing okay pal?

Err... If we go by costume, the King in Rags and Tatters. Ol' Calixian legend.

>rolls into hanger

I have chosen my costume

>A zoom in to Malak's brain.
>"TACTICAL EXTERMINATUS, INCOMING!"
>"EVACUATE THE AREA! EVACUATE THE AREA!"
>"All personnel are to escape to minimum safe distance at once. I repeat. All personnel are to evacuate to minimum safe distance. This is not a drill. Repeat. NOT. A. DRILL."
>"What about the files, sir?!"
>"Leave 'em!"
>Zooming back out of his brain.
>I-Is that smoke coming out of his ears? That might be smoke coming out if his ears...
>At this point, Malak would all away from the others.

oh, b-bye then?
>he'd turn around at the voice, his jaw dropping open.

yes my costume is very impressive

I made it my self

H-heresy?
>he'd stare at the talking tank, his rubber tentacles quivering a mixture of fear and admiration at the techpriests skill.

>She'd entwine her arm around his, before kissing him on the cheek.

>he waves

>Upon seeing the Necron, Melissa would give a polite smile, before acting serious and pompous like an Eldar.

It is not

are you sure?
>he'd nervously reach for his lasrifle only to find a guitar there instead.
>he'd sigh, shrug and inspect the 'tank'

was meant for

>Walking out from the base's entrances, would be a Red haired Sister of Battle Hospiteller.
>She would walk towards the main group, her eyes to the ground, and her movements rather slow.
>Her face is flush with embarrassment.

>the 'guardsman in costume' clenched his fist in barely contained rage

I believe I would recognize Tech Heresy if I saw it

>he would eye the Sister of Battle nervously and walk towards her
hello there miss um...?

yes well of course you would I mean, you're an expert after all...
>he'd nervously trail off, eyeing the tanks main gun.

>The Tankers climb out of the Hammerhead, temporarily brought back to the captured base and their equipment is....a lot bulkier than usual.
>To a man, they are all equipped as the Kasrkin of Cadia would be, and the equipment seems.....very genuine, too genuine. That might be related to the crates of Cadian gear the Tankers brought down from the Horseman with them.
>All save Oddball have Hellguns and Powerswords, who has a Bolter and Powersword.
Emperor's Will, we are here.

Do not worry my tank is fully blessed by the omnissiah

It will not misfire

>Also wearing a full set of Kasrkin armor, the pilot can't do but smile at her Warpow's End disguise.

Kasrkin squad ready for war!

>He smiles at her...
>... And waves back at the necron

whatever you say mr Tank sir
>he'd unsling his guitar and start to play to a crowd of penals, all in assorted outfits ranging from amusing to down right heretical.
>youtube.com/watch?v=cvoJ7qUh3y8

>the "guardsman" stands in the corner of the hangar, sipping a cocktail

Hello there, you are not disguising yourself, trooper?
Vic would smile under her disguise's helmet

>Anya huffs a bit that a 'full' loadout escaped her, given her ears, so she settles for some sunglasses and a shemag.
>Still she tips her head at Vic's costume.
>"L-Looks nice...."
Mhm.
>"Da."
>"Ja."
>"Aye."
>"Indeed."

>The 'Kasrkin' tip nod at the 'Guardsman' themselves, and look around for any extra booze.

>Reverses and Drives off to the buffet

'Kasrkin' nod at*

You too dear...
>Vic places her hand over Anya's waist.

>"N-No.....what kind of sorry excuse for a Kasrkin am I with my 'additions'?"

>He raises his glass and points to an impromptu bar that's been set up in the hangar

>Kane smiles as he appears with his own Kasrkin suit and helmet
"Sorry...the suit is tight and uncomfortable...heh...like a certain stormie i know"

The best kind. The beautiful kind.
>She wraps her arms around her, smiling.
My kind.

>The five 'pure' Crewmen tip their heads again and walk over to get some free booze that -isn't- wine for once.

>But not before all of them, including Anya chuckle at his observation.

>"B-But I'm a mutant?" P-Plus you must be better then....."

>Looks at all the people crowding around the buffet

>Looks at self driving a tank

I believe I have miscalculated

oh well

>the sound of fire and the smell of cooking chicken comes from the tank

Nah I can't be better than you, sweetie. You're the best one around of the two of us.

Hey Kane!
>She waves

>He moves over to their group
Greetings.

"Hello my lovelies, how are you today?"
>he stretches in his costume

Doing fine, you...?
>She sees that his uniform seems to be annoying him.
I could maybe get you a bigger jumpsuit if yours is too small? Albeit it doesn't have the right colors am afraid...

>"N-No......."
>The 'Cat' starts blushing....

Afternoon to you.
>"Greetings as well comrade."
>"Ja, it's good to see someone with such an authentic costume too."
>"Aye, how long did it take you to even -make- that?"
>"Most certainly weeks at least."
>The men quickly grab themselves some booze.

>"D-Doing okay...."

>Wanders around, looking at the costumes around him

It was... quite expensive.

>smirks at Anya
"By the color of your cheeks, I cam tell you're doing more than fine"
>looks at Vic
"No thank you darling. I'm just wondering where our...xeno friend is"

>Upon returning, Malak would be dressed as a Praetorian Guardsman.
>Although he'd sadly lack the mustache required to complete the outfit.

Hello, Malak. Nice outfit. Fits you well.

>this is said with a hint of regret

>there would a thunderous clash and stomping/scraping can be heard from outside.
>the doors to the hanger would be half pryed and half ripped open.
>standing in all his glory would be a colossal Ork, dressed as a commissar.
>His right arm would be replaced by large powa klaw and his left leg replaced by a chainsword.
>he'd look out across the hanger with a huge grin on his face as he chews his cigar.
'Ello lovlies, did ya miss me?

Our xeno frien- oh you mean yes... uhm haven't seen her either. I think she is honoring the fallen... you know, out there...

We have a xeno friend?

What'd you do? Rob a bank or something? Bet that was an adventure in and of it's self.
>The men chuckle lightheartedly as they mix up some cocktails.

>"I-I'm....o-okay I'm doing p-pretty well....a-aside from the occasional.....h-h-hiccup...."

Well fuck me sideways and call me an emergency hatch. I didn't know he had it in him.

>Hastily salutes and seems to be attempting to back away through a wall

>Coming from the direction of the base's mess hall, would be the sounds of someone giving orders to "Pull it out gently".
>A moment later, several trolley's are brought out. each containing copious amounts of .... Food? One honestly can't be sure, considering what the stuff looks like.
>One of the trolley's contains large decorative glass bowls filled with... blood and eye balls?
>Another trolley seems to contain fingers between gram crackers? What the hell!?
>Yet another trolley contains.... paper plates, utensils, and other things required to eat food! Dear God Emperor!
>And yet ANOTHER trolley seems to contain.... some kind of Potato salad! Oh Dear God Emperor!!! The horror!
>Another dozen trolley's would soon follow, before being placed around the area in prime, out of the way locations.
>Whatever's going on, it seems Melissa is responsible for it.

I made a bad deal. I prefer not to talk about it.

Yeah but we know how to solve those hiccups, don't we?

U-uhm what? no-sir-of-course-not-uhm... uh...

"Well aren't you just spooky."

>He is dressed as a skeleton, wearing bones over cloth

>The Scion would glare daggers of pure, unadulterated hatred at the two men upon hearing their comments.
>He would remain silent for a moment before speaking.

Lets.... Lets just get this over with...

I 'eard me old friends was 'avin a bit o' trouble with some Tau and here I am to help out and you're all dressed up, luckily I brought me best kap eyy?
>he'd grin, pat Ragaa on the head with his powa klaw and offer him a cigar.

>The Tankers promptly put their mixes down and stand at attention, Anya over by Vic straightens her posture as well.

>he'd nod with a smidge of dissapointment
"Oh, well...uhh, if anyone needs me I'll be in the hangar"
>looks at Anya
>"Testing...Testing...did you have sex with Vic yet?"

Err... Thank you, sir, commissar, sir!
>Nervously takes the cigar

>Diane would giggle and hold him tight.
I try my best.
>she would quickly plant a kiss on his cheeck.
come on, let's go get some food.
>leaving the tank she would spot , her mouth hanging open.

Alrighty boys! I and the rest of the Regiment's cooks, just spent the past four hours prepping all this grub, so you'd better chow down, if you know whats good for you!

Hrm, I have to ask Anya. Why Kasrkin of all kinds of stormtroopers? We had the Scion uniforms right next to us...

No.

>He smiles and nods
>He stops just outside the tank as he sees this

"Huh? Whose that?"

You sure you don't want to stay here and drink with us? Most members are around.

don't mention it chap.
Oddball!
>the Ork would run forwards and shake Oddballs hand quickly
good to see a familier face, where is Larrs the lanky git and the tin man, Eisen...

Don't you think they tried? My Commander turned down Oddball's requests eleven times before he got the hint.

Oh, sorry for reminding you of it then mate.....
>The man looks genuinely regretful.

>Anya says nothing, her blush just gets more intense.

Dunno what you're talking about mate.

>"....." Anya thinks nothing back in reply, but the feeling Kane gets is a rather ashamed affirmative.....and it also feels like the answer, if she answered, would be......higher than 'four times'.....

>"U-Um......well......we thought a-about Scions, b-but.....the b-best g-g-girl..." Anya looks at Vic there, "d-deserves the b-best of the best.....so we went with Kasrkins......"

I... I think it's an Ork... dressed as a commissar.

>He points at malak from across the room
When did the regiment get glory boys?

>Gets confused and eats the cigar as he rushes to the dining table

Awwwww Anya! That's the cutest thing anyone's told me in millitary terminology!

"Huh. Halloween is weird this year. Looks like he knows the regiment."

>He hops off the tank

"Lets go say hi."

>Upon hearing the words "Glory Boys", Malak's Eye would once again start to twitch. violently....

>Kane smiles
"Someone upset the glory boys!?"
"Well how did that happen?"

>nods, holding his hand.
don't see how that could end badly...

Bloody hell Bob! It's great to see you again!
>Oddball's enthusiasm quickly evaporates however.
They're.....both dead, I'm afraid. It was quite tragic.

We didn't actually, and if we did, why would we ask? We already knew that he'd say no if we asked. Someone has been slandering us I see.

>"Y-You mean it?"

Uh.....think a detachment came back with Malak after he got trained.

>Shoving his hands into his pant pockets, He would clench his fists in anger.
>Any signs of his anger would otherwise vanish, as he'd attempt to ignore Kane and the others remarks.

Well, if it wasn't you five asking for spare uniforms, then I wonder who did...

>He smirks at her

"When have thinks ended easy for us? Besides, aint no big bad ork gonna get you when im around."

>They walk towards the large Ork Commissar

>his face would drop.
oh... sorry to 'ear that, I brought a gift for the lanky git too.
>he'd pull out a wraithbone blade from his pack.
>he'd be fighting back tears in his eyes and would choke up on the words lanky git.

I do.
>Vic just hugs tighter, resting her head against Anya's hair.
Thank you. You are the best girl too.

since when did you become my big brave protector?
>she would stick out her tongue at him.

>he looks at the giant ork
"You knew Kerg?"

What about those Black Marketeers on Deck 89? Those lot are always trying to work an angle, and who's going to question some Stormies who say that they're 'hauling artifacts' for the Inquisition?

Sorry you had to hear it from us, instead of someone actually important.

>the Ork nods
he din't like me much but I liked him, men like him made me respekt the imperium...
>the hulking Ork would look at the new arrivels and smile.
good to see new faces.
>shakes his head at the remark
no, it's good to catch up with old friends, even if I can't be with all of them.

With all due respect, Sir. No one in my regiment is stupid enough to even try to do that. Let alone willing.

You obviously weren't here when Laroque tried to sell nudes of Inquisitor Wellesley.