Warhammer 40k General

GW is just doing HH now edition

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-CA/Battle-Sisters
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Quick, what's the most points effective tank in the game

THE LEMMING RUSE

The wave serpent

Does that include walkers?

The Rhino. It's 35 points can carry dudes and has a stormbolter.

STOP SPLITTING THE GENERALS
USE THE ONE THAT WAS ALREADY UP

>10/30/16(Sun)17:45:14

>10/31/16(Mon)10:37:22

Rolled 2 (1d6)

>thread war part two
I roll to seize the initiative

You have, to date, Never seized the initiative.

Everyone ditched that thread the first time an alternative appeared.
Why would they willingly go back just because it refused to die for long enough.

Oh really?
then what do you call this 6!

Reposting to the DA dude in case we missed each other in the migration
>6" move
But can't i run in the shooting phase? With the Crusader rule i get another die for running, too. Won't this be enough to catch up to people?
With this in mind however it makes more sense to deep-strike the Termis towards objectives rather than characters or armour.

Also, is a Venerable dread worth the points? I've always thought it would be better to get an Ironclad since if they get through the armour, you're pretty boned no matter the reroll.

>deep-strike the Termis towards objectives

In which case they are over-costed and glorified objective holders that could be a drop pod of tacticals instead

>Also, is a Venerable dread worth the points? I've always thought it would be better to get an Ironclad since if they get through the armour, you're pretty boned no matter the reroll.

I can only use Ven Dreads with my Deathwing so I am not sure.

>But can't i run in the shooting phase? With the Crusader rule i get another die for running, too. Won't this be enough to catch up to people?

Forgot to answer to this. It might be but there is so much AP2 these days that you could get obliterated in the next shooting phase because, again, you can't assault from Deepstrike so you would have to run for cover because getting closer just means easier shooting for your opponent.

Posting again before sending off the to painter.

>not building and painting your own minis
Why do people like you even play 40k? The gameplay alone is shit.

>The gameplay alone is shit.
Not him but if he wants his army to look cool and doesnt have the skill for it that is his choice.
Gameplay is only shit if you let it, my playgroup is flourishing and we always have good games.

unbound?

Where are you getting them painted? Any recommendations?

sicaran

you can literally see what formations he's taking you ape

Wyvern at 65 points.

A single Aegis line is its own formation?

Honestly, I like the setting. I find the game fun and why is this shit? It's not even cheesy if only a little spammy. MT literally only have 5-6 units to begin with in their codex and I want to play them because they look cool.

I'm using this guy since his quality is bretty good, he's responsive, and he's fairly priced.

facebook com/perpetualpainting/

Here's his Armies on Parade Entry.

Are you really this dense or are you pretending?

(not that user, but) "Fortification Detachment" doesn't exist.

BattleScribe has got some weird errors and quirks and the only way I could add an ADL was by pulling it into it's own formation?

That's what I thought.

I don't think they can just be taken individually like that in a bound army.

Welp, i guess i'll be ready to get shot up.

But do you think your kit-out for the Dread is the best for a list like mine? Considering i'll probably just drop it somewhere close to intense combat.

What are the best allies for a mostly harlequin army? I kinda just need ranged anti armour and maybe some pinning stuff but I'd like to keep the "gotta go fast" theme.

Eldar

it mentions the book its from you ape

Have you read that book monkey boy?

Please show me the page that defines the Fortification Detachment.
Protip, you can't, because it doesn't exist.

Fuck yeah boy, i've been meaning to ask

500 POINT HARLEQUIN LIST
GO

So my Space Wolves have been doing great lately. I am really suprised by the results of switching the Rhinos to Drop pods. Also the third unit of grey hunters is way better than using Murderfang. All I can think of to move up my army to the next level is some Wulfen but I cant decide if I should toss in a Murderpack or just use them in slot and maybe with a flier.

ThunderWolf Lord w/ Black Death+Storm Shield (195)

Five Thunderwolf Cavalries w/ 5 Storm Shields + 3 Power fist + 2 Wolf Claw (390)

Three units of Ten Grey Hunters w/ 2 Melta Guns + Combi Melta in Drop Pods (215/per)

Two unites of Five Long Fangs w/ 4 Missile Launchers (135/per)

1500/1500

Shadowseer 65pts
Haywire grenades
Harlequin Troupe - 180pts
(Takes a Starweaver as a ded.trans for 75)
Harlequin Troupe - 180pts
(Takes antoher Starweaver)
Voidweaver - 75pts

Run the two Starweavers in and drop them on objectives, let the Shadowseer use her broken psyker powers, run around with the Voidweaver to draw fire and give fire support

What's the bet way to represent a Steel Legion army on the table?

wave serpent

vets in chimeras

If you're just talking fluffwise and not effectiveness it's just everything must have a dedicated transport and all open-topped vehicles are upgraded with armored compartment.

Renegade Wyvern at 55pts.

Emperor's Blade Assault Company formation.

renegade Griffon
S6 large blast + heavy flamer
35pts

Manticore emplacement, 100pts for a S9 AP2 7'' blast.

We already ignored the meme general once, we will ignore it again. Stop trying to push shit on Veeky Forums, do that to old people on infomercials.

Used to
Be THE MONOLITH
Now probably a rhino

Fist of Medusa Strike Force
Space Marines: Iron Hands

**Armoured Task Force** (455)

predator (115)
-lascannon sponson

predator (115)
-lascannon sponson

predator (115)
-lascannon sponson

Techmarine (110)
-bike, servo

**Stormlance Battle Demi-Company** (755)

Chaplin (110)
-bike

Tactical squad (150)
-razorback w/ tl assault cannon
-flamer

Tactical squad (150)
-flamer

Tactical squad (150)
-flamer

Devestator squad (145)
-2 lascannon
-rhino

Attack bike (50)
-melta

**Strike Force Command**

Chapter master (240)
-bike, Gorgons chains, TH, LC

**Librarius Conclave** (550)

Librarian (110)
-lv2, bike

Librarian (110)
-lv2, bike

Librarian (110)
-lv2, bike

Librarian (110)
-lv2, bike

Librarian (110)
-lv2, bike

>I know I know, smashfucker etc. but I wanna run a small but effective bikestar list for the fun of it
>the star is 4 libs (rolling on biomancy for endurance, then telepathy till shrouding or invis) the chap, and Smashfucker
>I know its not maxed out, but I dodnt wanna go over like 800 pts on 6 models+keep some field control and range shooting

Smashfagger lol

>smushfugger, I know
but I need atleast 1 stupid list with him

Didn't get a reply last thread

Finally finalised my Cult Mechanicus starter list. What do you think?

>HQ
>Tech-priest Dominus - 150pts
>Artificer armour; Volkite blaster; Macrostubber; Power axe; Mechadendrite harness; Scryerskull; Conversion field; Autocaduceus of Arkhan Land

>TROOPS
>x3 Kataphron Destroyers - 180pts
>Kataphron demiplate; Plasma culverins; Cognis flamers

>x3 Kataphron Destroyers - 165pts
>Kataphron demiplate; Heaven grav-cannons; Phosper blasters

>TOTAL - 495pts

I'm aware that people look down on not always picking grav, but I'm not exactly playing to win here.

My idea of a strategy is to attach the Dominus to the plasma Kataphrons, and advance towards the enemy with the grav Kataphrons firing from the back line. The Dominus will repair any Gets Hot wounds that occur and keep them going, and once the enemy are within flamer range he'll leave the squad and charge into melee

you're trying to shoeorn in those plas culverns too much
just run the grav and sit back
>also grab a box of k-bots

Or even better, just run torsion cannons.
They're like plasma but weird, interesting, and useful.

Good list then

and cheaper
well thanks user, I hope its fun to play against
while also being an actually useful deathstar, if thats a thing
>still like the tanks the best

also how do people feel about the possibility of a 1+FnP

does the maximum save paragraph on BrB rule book pg 38 apply to Fnp?
>I know, I know but just RAW speaking, since fnp isnt a save, can it be improved to basically (beside instand death and D) auto pass?

RaW, yes, a 1+ FNP cannot be failed, however GW FAQ'd that away

No, 1 is always a fail only applies to armor saves. FNP isn't counted as those, so a 1+ FNP will auto succeed.

>basic 500 point list for ad-mech is just 6 heavy weapons on wheels

FAQ corrected that.

oh they did FAQ it?
do you know when they did that or possibly have a link?
I can't find it

It's on their Facebook page, the big one they're been doing.

I'll take your word for it, I don't have a FB account and I can't stand trying to find that fucking page and getting prompted to log in every 5 seconds

Have any of you ordered Corsairs from Z? The only pictures I can find of his casts are in this album: imgur.com/a/czVrD

However, they look a bit shit compared to what I've received from him before. Anybody had experience?

Yeah, that's the reason I didn't go find it for you.
Better to just keep begging anons for it.

yeah I mean at the end of the day there is the house ruling for everything at my FLGS and they are pretty good about everything
>plus thats where I play, so if there's no one to play, well then theres no one to play

I LIKE plasma, okay? I'm going for what I think looks neat, rather than a mono-grav list

6 heavy weapons, 3 flamers that auto hit on snapshot, 3 bolter-equivalents and one MONSTER of a HQ unit

its obviously not ok
you need dakka

Three Riptides.

I've got LOTS of dakka! Blast templates for DAYS son!

And that macrostubber is five shots at once!

the marcostuber is good, personally I like the eradication ray
I don't like blasts because of the lack of snap shots
plus T5 4+ is not very tough and should be kept at maimum range at all times
you have to play gunline with cult mech, you cant really get field control without skittles

Does anyone know of any good techmarine/chaplain bike conversions? I have loads of bits and no chaplains and want someone to buff my Ravenwing Command Squad in addition to librarians.

>Take space marine on bike
>Remove head, put a skull in it's place
>Give power maul
>Instant chaplain

For techmarine, simply look at what your codex says he is equipped with while on a bike, and fucking do that.

Does anone who buys from China know whether the kits like Hydras, Hellhounds, etc can also make Wyverns, Bane Wolves (or Chimeras)?

I'm ordering from CCON particularly

>Tzeentch Chariot
>$40

>Herald on Disc
>$40

Finecast was a mistake

Does anyone have the full version of this with both halves in the image and the text boxes uncensored?

What's a good way to run the "start collecting Skitarii" box at 500pts?

CCON only gives EXACTLY what is on the box cover. Z is better known for giving the entire box contents.

THE BANEBLADE

I HAVE FACED MORE FEARSOME TAAAAAANKS

1500 IG Army. Thoughts?
Company Command Squad-80
vox caster, medi pack

Chimera-100
Camo netting, Extra armor, fire barrels

Platoon Command Squad-50
Vox Caster, medi pack

Chimera-100
Camo netting, Extra armor, Fire barrels

Infantry Squad-55
vox caster

Infantry Squad-75
Commissar

Infantry Squad-50

Special Weapons Team-61
Commissar, Snipersx3

Heavy Weapons Team-120
Rocket Launchers w/Flakkx3

Veteran Squad-140
Heavy flamer, vox caster, power weapon, demolitions, meltax2

Valkyrie-145
Lascannon, multiple rocket pods

Leman Russ-190
Vanquisher, Multi Meltas, Lascannon, Camo Netting, Extra Armor

Leman Russ-195
Demolisher, Camo Netting, Extra Armor

Basilisk-140
Enclosed Crew Compartment

1501 points
I'm gonna blob all the infantry together.

If I want to fill out a demi company formation what would you suggest?

I've got a captain, two tactical squads (one plasma, one grav) and I was planning on a quad lascannon devastator squad.

Rule #1 of the Guard: One of anything is never worth taking, it's just a fire magnet.
Rule #2: Look at each unit and ask yourself "What will this squad do better than the alternatives?", if you can't answer that question then rework the squad.

Don't spend points on trying to gear Vets for CC because they'll never be not-terrible, any points spent on CC gearing are points wasted. Vets shoot and (in Chimeras) maneuver.

Yeah, in my copy of the Codex.

Once again.

You don't need camo netting, extra armour of fire barrels on Chimeras. They're cheap battle taxi's to get you from A-B. Keep them cheap.

Why is your PCS in a Chimera? If your troops are foot slogging have your PCS foot slog too.

Why do you have a Commissar in a Special Weapons squad? What's his purpose? Really. Why is he there? Why do they have sniper rifles? BS3 and sniper rifles is a terrible choice.

Why are you mixing special weapons in your veteran squad? Why are you giving the sergeant a power weapon? Why are you running melta vets without a Chimera?

You don't need camo netting or extra armour on a Leman Russ. Camo netting can be useful but extra armour is not worth it at all. A dozer blade is much better. Why does the vanquisher have melta sponsons? Why is it ever getting close enough to use them? Why aren't you running a tank commander in it?

Why does the Basilisk need an enclosed crew compartment?

Talk to me. Explain this shit.

Care to post it? I'd be exceedingly grateful.

On my phone at a Halloween event thing right now, otherwise I would. Sorry user.

Ever see one in a game?

Would letting Strength go above 10 be a bad thing for the game?

It doesn't seem like it'd be all that game breaking.

Thankfully no.

They don't make for fun games by any stretch of the imagination, user. They're showcase models.

Killiness needs toning DOWN user, not up. Everything that's not a fucking Riptide or Wraithknight or Screamerstar or Storm Shield Bikestar already melts off the board too fast to be relevant.

Seen like four. On annual Apoc game. Also some biotitans.

They'd fit in a big game where you could have a pair of them duke it out.
Or, more precisely, delete the rest of the army while ignoring the other titan

Anyone else think that 1850 is too small a game size for most Decurions to be effective?

I've never used my Imperial Titan in a game, but I have faced a Revenant before.

It shot its pulsars at a single Knight to no effect(!) and then got charged by it and proceeded to die like a bitch.

The player conceded after that. I don't blame him. It was the shittiest rolling I've ever seen. It was a gimmick game though so nobody really cared.

Gorgeous.

Jesus Christ.

>Also some biotitans.

They finally improved those?

I agree. The only reason that shit is being used is because it can live through all the bullshit high powered weapons. We're in an age where a T4 2+/5++ isn't considered durable. That's the problem.

games-workshop.com/en-CA/Battle-Sisters

>"This pack contains three Battle Sisters - finely detailed metal miniatures that come in six components, and are supplied with three 25mm round bases."

>six components

Two components per model, or six components per model? I'm a high school dropout. Help me read.

>565 points
>535 points