So I just found out about Pathfinder today

So I just found out about Pathfinder today
Im pretty disgusted with myself and this website that this is my first time hearing about this (im even a big rpg buff aswell)

There's always a Pathfinder General thread, you stupid twat.

It's not worth it. If you like 3e but hate the balance, play it but ban core and allow Tome of Battle and Expanded Psionics

>wow I just found out about an absolutely dogshit game today, how could you guys keep this a secret from me?
It's for your own good. Don't play Pathfinder.

Here's your (you). Enjoy the stupid anti-PF people that you've attracted.

Have you been in a supermax prison or something?

How is that even possible, for a 'big rpg buff'?

hey, the five seconds they spend jerking off in this thread, is five seconds they're not shitting up other threads.

Are you implying that the stuff in Expanded Psionics is balanced? Or are you saying that banning core is a good way to make things balanced? I really can't tell because both statements are ludicrously retarded.

The core has both the most underpowered and the most overpowered classes, banning it altogether is a good idea.

I am disgusted too f a m

People who play Pathfinder are either idiots who're in love with every mistake of 3.5 or suffering from delusions and/or Stockhold syndrome.

I run PF because my group wanted to step up from 5e for a bigger version of d&d with more options and material to draw from.
What version of d&d, because that is what we want to play, is strictly better that PF and is exactly as expansive?

Sure, assuming you ban all the other tier 1-2 classes along with it, but at that point why not just ban specific classes based on the power level you want? Banning Core because Wizards are OP and then allowing Psions doesn't seem smart.

>expansive
yikes

Explain to those idiots that quality and quantity are two completely different things

> More, bigger always means better
As I've said, you and your players are retards.

The only time a psion is more powerful than a wizard is when the wizard is an evoker.

AKA: The worst way to play a wizard

>There should only be one class and one level and one hp, one weapon, one race, and one action to take.
Or, you could read what was actually written rather than flanderizing it to an extreme that nobody believes so you can easily shoot down a strawman. The players wanted more options. They didn't want infinite options. They never said more is always better. They never claimed fewer options was bad, only that they wanted more in their game.
Stop being triggered when someone else wants to play something you don't.

The Wizard in my party has evocation banned and I'm still pretty sure my Telepath would fuck him up. Then again I'm pretty sure I'm more into optimization than he is. Either way I'm not saying Psions are more powerful, I'm just saying you still have a serious balance problem, and the best way to fix it is to ban the broken classes, not core that has classes of literally every tier.

>Or, you could read what was actually written rather than flanderizing it to an extreme that nobody believes so you can easily shoot down a strawman.
look in the mirror my man

Play a dungeon fantasy setting in GURPS. Virtually unlimited options with the bonus of not being a shit system.

Is English not your first language?

> I'm even a big rpg buff

Clearly you are not you fucking faggot.

Made me respond/10

It is.

Banning evocation is pretty much the go-to for wizard optimization. Evocation is only good at epic level 3e where you can pile on Improved Metamagic and turn those piddly spells into frozen holocausts of booming acid that make Hellball look like Magic Missile

Step away from PF before it's too late. PF is not a good idea, I found out the hard way.

> I'm just saying you still have a serious balance problem, and the best way to fix it is to ban the broken classes, not core that has classes of literally every tier.
Except Psions are only busted with Psychic Reformation.

I've been wondering about GURPS. My main issue with the systems I've played that claim "near total freedom" in character building is that a lot of these systems still limit your character in annoying ways that prevent you from doing exactly what you want (no I don't mean like "that guy" type of doing what you want).

In GURPS, is it possible to recreate a mesmer or ritualist type character from Guild Wars?

Mesmer is mind fuckery: the class. Moreso than psions (though telepath psions are close-ish?). Summoning illusions, draining mental energy, fucking with minds (for example, spells that punish for actions, like "when target attacks, it also takes damage, when target casts a spell, it also takes damage, if target moves, it takes damage, next spell target casts within a certain time fails").

The ritualist is basically a character that dicks around with spirit magic for buffing, healing, and damaging, summons spirits for combat for buffing, healing and damaging. And when I say spirits, I mean actual creatures on the field that are actively doing their thing. Like, a spirit that heals a player each turn, a spirit that reduces incoming damage in an area, a spirit that attacks at range. The spirits that the ritualist summons are immobile and either have passive effects or actively attack a target.

I've been wanting to try out characters like these in a DnD setting really badly, never really had a chance because Pathfinder doesn't allow anything as specialized as this (I fucking hate spell lists) and I was completely lost with the two systems I played that let you craft abilities but it still didn't seem possible with either.

Pathfinder is utter trash.

Nobody flanderized anything, nobody is saying 1 of everything is the best, they're saying having more options than you know what to do with unless you're a fucking kinex engineer is worse than having maybe a handful of basic classes that are easily understood.

The only person not reading here is you.

You can do all those things and more in GURPS. Your limits are basically based on what the GM will allow and how many points you have to spend. You can probably stat out every single ability in Guild Wars, unless it's super abstracted and gamey.

This is the only bait I've ever seen that actually made me cringe a bit. I'm pissed I'm even replying but you got me.

>be looking to GM a modern set campaign
>be look for inspiration for how to begin the campaign
>stumble into leddit thread on modern/cyberpunk campaigns
>they want to just convert Pathfinder to cyberpunk
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
There are systems for modern and cyberpunk you retards! Why was the first response not 'use a system actually suited to this'? I want off this planet - I'll play CP2020 with aliens instead.

Neato, thanks!

and you can fix that by making it cost a level and a big involved thing instead of meditating for a couple hours and rebuilding your character at no cost

4e

Do you have downs, because it's mentioned in basically every ttrpg general at some point, half the character art threads and it's own general.

Fuck it, we've found the downsy messiah.

5e with danddwiki content allow.

Enjoy DESPAIR.

You also miss out on Wall of Force which I almost consider a deal breaker.

Banning core gets rid of fighters, monks, druids and clerics as well. And psion isn't anywhere near as broken as wizard barring near TO-levels of optimization.

I wonder why furries gravitate to Pathfinder instead of Ironclaw or even something that lets them actually recreate anthropomorphic animals like GURPS or BESM.
I feel like the only furfag who doesn't even like Pathfinder, if I'm gonna play D&D with anthros I'd rather use OSR games with pic related.

>stockhold

care to elaborate?