What spooky-scary games are you fa/tg/uys playing this Halloween?

What spooky-scary games are you fa/tg/uys playing this Halloween?

Betrayal is okay but gets old after awhile. The expansion hopefully fixes that.

I only really play it around Halloween, so I'm nowhere close to playing all of the scenarios. It's my favorite game to play with people who aren't really into tabletop games.

The scenarios are funny but the running around before is jarring and repetitive.

It's not just the scenarios (though my group managed to snag "a bird flies off with the house" three times in a row - which is fine because there are rules to skip repeats of scenarios). It's that there are only so many events in the deck and they're overwhelming themed towards screwing you up the backside. We just need some variety in things to discover in the house, dammit!

Although sometimes it produces some funny instances. Guy in my group got the card that says he sees himself in a mirror. His reflection tells him he'll need this and he is told to draw an item card. He gets the first aid kit. A few rooms later he draws the card where he sees himself in a mirror and if he has an item he has to give it to his reflection. He only had the one item. So, yeah, he had to hand an item to himself through the mirror forming a hilariously pointless little time loop. He never even got to use the first aid kit once time.

We played Zombies! and Arkham Horror

We played Last Night on Earth a few weeks ago. There was a card the zombie player hit us with that forced the hungry hungry hobo player to have sex with the hot nurse to celebrate...their Last Night on Earth. The humans ended up winning that scenario anyway but later in the game the nurse wound up with an infection.

Yeah that hobo was not clean at all.

>that bottle next to the board
courageous

Elder Signs isn't bad. The expansion with the shops is pretty cool, blessings and curses and all that.

Tentacled for your pleasure.

It wouldn't be spoopy without some risk

But couldn't they have done something more sensible like just leave a loaded gun?

Running a CoC oneshot for some pals tonight where they all play as themselves in our spooky little town. Should be fun.

Hope you have fun. Don't do anything Old Man Henderson wouldn't do.

It doesn't. It just adds a few more haunts and roof tiles.

Bullshit, they're adding more cards too.

How are the haunts from Anita Sarkessian and Zoey Quinn?

Monster Hearts, though we only were able to get through character creation. Still, I'm satisfied.

"All male players must immediately present each female player with $20."

shiiiiiiiiit
Zoey's is literally "The traitor is Trump" Ooooooga
Literally. It's call Make America Disintegrate Again.

I'll look up Anita's

I'll be honest, that's far more frightening than any of the other haunts.

There's one called, "Make America Disintegrate Again".

It has the traitor serving a politician whose whole shtick is selling the US to the 7th layer of hell before sending the whole planet to a cold portion of space where it is destroyed by an otherwordly horror

I was planning a Nechronica one shot but half the group wasn't interested and others were trapped in scheduling hell. Alas.

Anita's is "You are in a lodge in uncanny valley." There are mannequins everywhere, the traitor gets sucked into one but is still working with the heroes. He just has information the rest of the heroes don't and runs the automated mannequins.

The point is to not provoke the mannequins, they don't know what they are doing. If they all leave the house then you win and they integrate into society.

You win if you don't trigger the mannequins.

"co-written" by Selinker. It's a weird one.

I played it for Halloween with my group. Got the "It's just a Dragon" Scenario, sucks. Anyone want know about any of the other scenerios from Windows walk before I got to bed?

Wait, wait, the FUCK is this shit? Anita and Zoey?

Buncha c list internet celebs. Penny Arcade guys, Legacy Games guy, nerd music people, Some cards against humanity guy, some programmer from gearbox. A lot of people that have "worked" on things.

i did not know this before I bought it. When I flipped up the book to a random page and it was the Trump haunt with Zoe Quins name...

Fear. True fear.

Say what you want, it's funny.

I ran a 1st edition New World of Darkness game for my players. They were a group of cops sent to investigate the manor of a well to do physiologist after a string of missing persons reports.

I managed to spook em by building some atmosphere, and we all had some fun with the God Machine Integrity mechanics as a sanity bar.
If Veeky Forums abides, I can indulge in some storytime.

Captcha: Identify the pictures with a house
Oh you.jpg

Is it funny or is it "hurr so clever and topical! This will still be funny next year. here are political opinions"

I'm not mad at it, and I'm not a trump supporter but I play with people from all walks of life/sides of the aisle.

We have 2 rules. First one we don't talk about Religion or Politics.

If we ever get that haunt I'm going to have to redraw. Our in group trump supporter would get triggered. He's kinda dumb like that.

This, way to date your expansion.

Man, I don't know considering how fucking terrifying this whole election is I think it'll be awhile before people forget about it.

This. Plus it's almost unanimously onesided. For every joke I've heard about Bush or Trump in a game, I NEVER see a single thing about Obama or Hilary.

We get it, game makers. You're blue. Congrats. Please fuck off and stop making me have to pull cards out of games to not suck out the mood of the party.

"Make America great again" was also a thing Reagan said.

Reagan didn't sell hats about it though, did he?

There were pins.

Played Betrayal with some friends who have never played it before. Was a quick but fun game, and they really got into it. Mysterium is definitely another entertaining game for this time, especially with good mood music.